PDA

View Full Version : HEAL: PRO's CON's / IMPORTANT MEDIOCRE

Psycthe
04-27-2015, 01:31 PM
I'm getting mixed information as to the importance of this skill.

There are posts that MAGES are supposed to be a support class and other posts says that the role of a MAGE is to dishout the most damage possible.

I guess some of you will say that it depends with your party/guild's needs.

Basically what I want to know is what the MAGES role as an individual toon. Without the " DEPENDS " haha

merch_master
04-27-2015, 01:54 PM
Crowd control in pve, "support" is a war thing
About heal there is a variety of pros and cons
Pros :- begging aside, it does restore mana to the team
An additional skill to help surviving in hard elites and tombs to complement wars horn
At lower lvls, pretty useful for a mage
Cons -: Waste of skill space, as i said crowd control in pve, only cc skills ( with shield for survivabilty ) is the best for that
Slows runs...better to go full out attack
Its a good skills for pvp though, where shield and heal are the only thing keeping a squishy death at bay

Alhuntrazeck
04-27-2015, 02:01 PM
PvE wise it isn't worth it. For PvP its a must have even if u don't always have it in ur build.

GoodSyntax
04-27-2015, 02:25 PM
Ideally, in PvE, Sorcs are all about Crowd Control and AoE damage.

This means, you are rooting, freezing, knocking down....NOT healing! Heal is for the tank with HoR. Heal taunts; so a Sorc that taunts is usually a dead Sorc when running tough elites.

The better end-game PvE Sorcs run with 4 attack skills. Most, will use 3 attack skills plus Shield.

PvP, things are completely different, and Heal is a mush have!

So, it depends on whether you want to PvP or focus on PvE exclusively.

Candylicks
04-27-2015, 03:46 PM

There are posts that MAGES are supposed to be a support class and other posts says that the role of a MAGE is to dishout the most damage possible.

Basically what I want to know is what the MAGES role as an individual toon. Without the " DEPENDS " haha

If you are a PvE runner in elite maps, DO NOT USE HEAL. EVER. It's totally worthless and that thread of mage is a support class was Necro'd and old information. Heal causes aggro to the mage and you will die as you use heal. Any decent guild will not run with a mage using heal in elite.

If you are a PvP mage then yes you will use heal.

Kreasadriii
04-28-2015, 08:57 PM
Do not use heal. Keep survived with potions and how you moved is a critical point to make your survived.
Nowadays, there still so many people crying to mage in PvE asking for heal, well they maybe don't want to spend many mana potions or didn't know PvE so well.
Goodluck! ^_^
PvE without heal is the best way to enjoy the maps

will0
04-28-2015, 09:39 PM
i only use heal in TDM when there are no support from others

TheFallenBear
05-07-2015, 07:17 AM
Mages Are Actually Meant For Support For Mainly Mana. But Mages Lack Alot Of Armor So Having ARCANE SHIELD In Place Of Heal Would Be More Viable Since It Prevents You From Getting Killed Faster Or Insta-kill......

debitmandiri
06-05-2015, 07:15 PM
I have a dream...that one day all sorcerer are not using heal in any elite map...well thats only dream lol

Maunyabastian
06-06-2015, 12:05 AM
Lifegiver should be a must-have skill, they have to buff it next expansion!

Befs
06-13-2015, 08:56 PM
Lifegiver should be a must-have skill, they have to buff it next expansion!

Let's say they were able to buff lifegiver. Would it be able to pass a warrior's horn without being super op? No. The horn gives shield and multiple high heals. Meanwhile you need your crowd control skills and knockdown skills. So I doubt that's possible.

Wutzgood
06-14-2015, 06:24 AM
Pros to heal- using heal in pvp

Cons to heal- using heal in pve

That sums it up.

Mark Golson
07-17-2015, 03:06 PM
Not to go off topic but it seems most ppl have shield as a MUST have. If that's the case, then having heal would limit you to two attack skills.

Is that the map set that a good sorc should have? Say fire/clock/heal/shield?

Mark Golson
07-17-2015, 03:11 PM
Also, I read in a "newbs guide to km3" that 4 attack slots is really the best "bang for buck" method.

That heal does save pots but it slows down farming so much that you actually lose out on cash that would make up for the spent pots. By that logic, it would seem that 4 attacks is really the best method for sorc. Heal and shield are a waste...but perhaps that only applies to km3?

Forgive my ignorance...I'm quite new.

Caabatric
07-17-2015, 08:38 PM
heal for mage is useless for any map above elite kraken and certainly should not be used when grinding for something in a map...

That said shield is more useful because it actually benefits your ability to survive, yet a mage using 4 attack skills still runs faster than a mage with shield....
The reason mages still use shield is because they get ko by so many mobs that it is un-logical to not use it....

You will see very educated and strong mages run without shield because they have mastered their classes potential where ko's are highly unlikely because of their ability to keep aggro off of themselves, kite, avoid red zones, and maintain stun lock as well as raw stats.

I remember when I first switched to 4 attack skills, I was dying everywhere. Now with practice I am able to run without shield better than I do with shield. However, it takes practice and a great understanding of stun lock concepts.....

will0
07-17-2015, 08:57 PM
I would like to see buff the heal for mage........ making it charge skill heal 100% and protect the caster for 3 second.

Caabatric
07-17-2015, 11:17 PM
I would like to see buff the heal for mage........ making it charge skill heal 100% and protect the caster for 3 second.
0.0 mages can now get a total of 5 seconds of invunerability..... seems a bit op.....

Mark Golson
07-18-2015, 10:26 AM
heal for mage is useless for any map above elite kraken and certainly should not be used when grinding for something in a map...

That said shield is more useful because it actually benefits your ability to survive, yet a mage using 4 attack skills still runs faster than a mage with shield....
The reason mages still use shield is because they get ko by so many mobs that it is un-logical to not use it....

You will see very educated and strong mages run without shield because they have mastered their classes potential where ko's are highly unlikely because of their ability to keep aggro off of themselves, kite, avoid red zones, and maintain stun lock as well as raw stats.

I remember when I first switched to 4 attack skills, I was dying everywhere. Now with practice I am able to run without shield better than I do with shield. However, it takes practice and a great understanding of stun lock concepts.....

Very helpful here!

Looks like I'll be respecing a lot along the way :)

Deathlyreaper
07-18-2015, 11:55 AM
I usually run with 3 attack skill and a shield on elite and km3 for survivability . But if theres a tank (and i mean a good tank that is able to keep me from dying) then i run with 4 attack skill to speed up the run. Basically you have to asses the situation whether its safe to run with a 3 attack skill and shield or a 4 attack skill

Serancha
07-18-2015, 07:13 PM
Also, I read in a "newbs guide to km3" that 4 attack slots is really the best "bang for buck" method.

That heal does save pots but it slows down farming so much that you actually lose out on cash that would make up for the spent pots. By that logic, it would seem that 4 attacks is really the best method for sorc. Heal and shield are a waste...but perhaps that only applies to km3?

Forgive my ignorance...I'm quite new.

Shield is only necessary for pvp and possibly some higher level elites. Some mages don't even use it for that, keeping it as a pvp only skill.

Heal should never be used in pve.

Diggdugg
07-24-2015, 09:24 PM
Ok,
As a endgame Mage here's my thoughts (and they fit with everyone else's)
1. Pvp omg you need heal ( I personally use fb, light,shield and heal)
2. Pve do not and I mean do not have heal in your skill set at all, pve endgame you mash pots for heal and mana (so buy lots) and as others have indicated you should use 3 attack skills and shield for elite maps

xcainnblecterx
07-25-2015, 03:58 AM
Agreed. I don't pvp anymore so my skill set ddoesn't even have heal any more. Elites depends on the map/party I'll try go 4/4 dmg skills. Still doesn't stop the "mana plox" questions. Bit off topic what's up with this new warrio trend of not using heal? I understand using pots and don't mind the healing as much as the shield it grants on top of the aggro they get

Diggdugg
07-25-2015, 09:05 AM
They are instant 41 who don't know how to quit play the game yet, or they would aggro the mobs. Instant lv to 41 was really bad for the game great for their pockets

Streven
08-27-2015, 03:32 PM
Do any mage powers overwrite each other? Why is shield better than heals? Heals are still valid at lower levels from a financial perspective. When do you start making enough eacheck run to negate the cost of pots. In the mid 20s I'm not earning enough gold to burn pots on a whim.

Quonabebi
09-24-2015, 03:49 PM
Thanks,For this post i guess ill be usinga. 3 attack and a shield build for elites now :))

Theenix
09-25-2015, 05:47 PM

It definitly "depends":
- when leveling it is useful.
- when playing end game elite it is useless
- when farming event it is useful
- with wt4 or km3 it is useful, especially farming essence during event
- when other player ask for mana having it give you peace...

IMO at level 46 having 2 point invested in basic heal with mana buff worth it. If you are hardcore elite player may be you can find better investment.

Legendsoflegends
09-27-2015, 12:30 AM
Agreed.. about just having live giver sometimes when I solo elite mage mines.. they dont really touch me, but mana wise just rather not use potion for mana... that's it... (and for low levels).

Agreed... on not using live giver... In endgame level... not worth the health since you are gonna Ko anyways. Spamm potions. Only. Useless skill when u have no skill to use..(recharge meter taking too long).

Shield is must so far (recharge time taking longer than life) I run crazy fast in km3. But always find my party behind no one close I wait and attack then die.
I tired heal during that's time I die even faster. I usually run the same with any party....but when running with a good party I hit 1:30 secs

I'm using for km3

Wind - speed armor and knockdown (switch for heal really!!!!)
Fire - stun burn
Time - snare slow
Shield - protection invulnerability
Heal - keep hearing them ask for mana, and only cause it's a pain. It's like not using it is causing them to aggro___:p (use in km3 boss when I remember or just want to help).

Just made me laugh. Makes them aggro
They are almost like mobs:p

Legendsoflegends
10-19-2015, 11:05 PM
Never use heal unless you really had to use it to heal then right after shield or else you will not survive the onslaught.

Never use heal is correct.

Never been I pvp. I dont pvp, But I know for one thing I know potion is slower than heal.

And I use heal in km3. Have too. No potion wasted. U know. And it's for them mobs who don't stop trying to aggro u from healing them because mana is low. Seriously who heals me when i need it before I ko.