PDA

View Full Version : Question for long time players

regizakirs.rs
04-27-2015, 05:45 PM
I've been playing AL for a while now. And I noticed that a lot of older players are leaving for various reasons. That's not what I'm trying get at. But my question is this. How many hours do you "long time" players put into AL now?

Phrantic
04-27-2015, 07:07 PM
Um... As for me, I'm one of the players who played AL since the start but quit after the first 2 years and played PL until the recent "no-longer-update" thing. So I play AL pretty much a lot now, but not so much compared to other games. I normally play 4 hours in weekdays and maybe a little bit more on weekends.

Wazakesy
04-27-2015, 08:15 PM
Ive been playing this game since the beta version. I downloaded the game and started playing since Nov.12/2012.

I guess the problem here is that you cant get sufficient amount of gold or any interest in farming, since the supply will get excessed and the prices will bounce down causing a deflation. Price cuts alot here, and people struggle to make gold (taking into consideration of the F2P and farmers).

Well, ill edit my post later. Bit busy atm...

epicrrr
04-27-2015, 11:04 PM
2-4 hours, could be more when theres event. 4-7 hours at the span of the day.

Serenina
04-27-2015, 11:14 PM
I started playing Al in December 2012, but at the moment I'm solely online about 5 minutes per day :/

Iinorex
04-27-2015, 11:22 PM
i started from august 2014...n play like 10-12 hours a day...even more on holidays

Hoardseeker
04-28-2015, 12:58 AM
Not even 1hour now a days,before I used to play max 3hours,just boring Locks ,loot,luck ah!

Sakurahb
04-28-2015, 05:35 AM
Until season 5 I was used to play more than 7 hours a day , but now there's no point on doing that because I will have no return. ( I'm a Pve player)

Wazakesy
04-28-2015, 05:38 AM
Until season 5 I was used to play more than 7 hours a day , but now there's no point on doing that because I will have no return. ( I'm a Pve player)

I saw you onlin1! ;)

Sakurahb
04-28-2015, 05:42 AM
I saw you onlin1! ;)
Lol silly ! I still play but not like before (;

Wazakesy
04-28-2015, 05:43 AM
Lol silly ! I still play but not like before (;

._. I see you, BOO!

Daggee
04-28-2015, 06:09 AM
i started playing al since the late 2012, i quit for 1 year at 2013-2014 and started playomg back al just recently.Play abt 2 hrs on weekday and 6hrs on weekend.

Candylicks
04-28-2015, 06:31 AM
Now? I play for about 20 minutes a day or 'log in' to check on the guild. It's just the waiting game for expansion or next energy event. Sometimes I do dailies, but not daily anymore. In the past I have been known to play for hours and hours! I think your play time reflects what's going on in the game, at least for PvE. As a long time player I can say I am totally burned out with current content.

Wazakesy
04-28-2015, 07:20 AM
Now? I play for about 20 minutes a day or 'log in' to check on the guild. It's just the waiting game for expansion or next energy event. Sometimes I do dailies, but not daily anymore. In the past I have been known to play for hours and hours! I think your play time reflects what's going on in the game, at least for PvE. As a long time player I can say I am totally burned out with current content.

das y we haz events in <Enigmatic> ;)

Andrisber
04-28-2015, 10:50 AM
When i started in November of 2012, i played for 7h/a day till i quit. :D
When i came back - about 4-5h a day
Now it is about 1-3h a day

-Productive

Squeezable
04-28-2015, 11:13 AM
I started in January 2015 and have cut my playing time down already ahah. Capped my warrior, realised they're trashy af unless you're rich and completely lost all motivation. Now I have a L37 rogue I will level whenever I can be bothered. As for the content, it's alright.. Could be improved, especially this huge list of bugs atm lmao

Magegrimm
04-28-2015, 11:18 AM
I start playing in decemeber 2012...I played 5-6 hours, this game gave me a lot of hours some entertainment.
Now, I login and play 30 mins max, I do dailies lv up a bit and check out cs nothing else...its pretty boring nowadays, we have nothing to do nothing to farm and merching is boring.

Maunyabastian
04-28-2015, 11:32 AM
Have been playing this game since Jan 2013. My first year was gold time. Twinking was hard. With DWS around 30k, I'm feeling so sad now. I played 6-8 hours per day, do Story Token (Strasz & Kincaid), and twink. It was so hard for me to merch things. Survived my first year with 0 plat and 200k including pets.

Then these new rich players came. Ruining the PvP. After that, I had never had played AL as much as 6-7 hours. Pitifully, my in-game time is less than my forum time.

Serancha
04-28-2015, 11:52 AM
Been playing since December 1, 2012. I used to play around 8 hours a day. Now I log in maybe 3 days a week and stay online for more than 1/2 hour maybe 1 of those days.

The heavy drive with platinum-focused weekends along with the "luck" system resulting in some people (such as myself) doing thousands of runs with no loot (3 elite planar chests in 1000+ tomb runs / 0 recipes or fossils in 2000+ arena runs) while others get sometimes 10 or 12 recipes and numerous chests in the same number of runs (or less), is just too discouraging and doesn't do anything but make me feel crappy.

Why would anyone want to feel crappy in a game, when there's enough stress and negativity in real life? Games are supposed to be fun and feel rewarding when you make an effort. I haven't seen anything new come out in the last year that feels even remotely rewarding.

Kyle Holmes
04-28-2015, 12:08 PM
Have been playing this game since Jan 2013. My first year was gold time. Twinking was hard. With DWS around 30k, I'm feeling so sad now. I played 6-8 hours per day, do Story Token (Strasz & Kincaid), and twink. It was so hard for me to merch things. Survived my first year with 0 plat and 200k including pets.

Then these new rich players came. Ruining the PvP. After that, I had never had played AL as much as 6-7 hours. Pitifully, my in-game time is less than my forum time.
There's 2 story token guys??

sent from fritters beak

Serancha
04-28-2015, 12:39 PM

sent from fritters beak

There used to be 3. Not anymore.

Pandaxxo
04-28-2015, 12:50 PM
Started playing probably early-mid of 2013. I used to play more than 4-5 hours per day, probably longer during weekends.

Nowwwww, 10 minutes per day. Just get online to upgrade stuffs and sometimes check CS. Sometimes once in 3 days :dispirited:

It's getting boring now. Like Serancha said "Games are supposed to be fun and feel rewarding when you make an effort". I spent loads of golds buying potions, ankhs, elixirs be it on arena or tombs. I've looted nothing but craps that you couldn't even sell in CS. Ohh yes it's luck. But the "luck thingy" gets to a point where it doesn't feel rewarding & exciting to me anymore with the gold and my time spent on the game. The last time I actually enjoy the content of this game was during the Halloween 2014 event. Since then, just blerghh. I'm just gonna wait till next expansion- or not :emptiness:

Dragoonclaws
04-28-2015, 01:00 PM
There used to be 3. Not anymore.

I only know the one in windmoore... If there is a second one, I'd be pissed. Wait are you talking about the Yodeler?

For myself, I started last year, but stopped because SL was calling me. I restarted this January... I played a lot until that Leprechaun event. I participated in Easter event aswell but I could have done more. Since then, i come in to chill and talk with people... and now I don't log in much anymore, not even 30min. You might have noticed my lower activity in forums as well 0.o Well I have exams so you might want to consider that. Anyways, I don't feel any interrest anymore. locked are cheap, I don't have good gear. I don't want to buy the available gear because of the value decrease.

I wish I was chosen for Alpha-test CoC... but y'all know it's life right?

Iinorex
04-28-2015, 01:10 PM
Been playing since December 1, 2012. I used to play around 8 hours a day. Now I log in maybe 3 days a week and stay online for more than 1/2 hour maybe 1 of those days.

The heavy drive with platinum-focused weekends along with the "luck" system resulting in some people (such as myself) doing thousands of runs with no loot (3 elite planar chests in 1000+ tomb runs / 0 recipes or fossils in 2000+ arena runs) while others get sometimes 10 or 12 recipes and numerous chests in the same number of runs (or less), is just too discouraging and doesn't do anything but make me feel crappy.

Why would anyone want to feel crappy in a game, when there's enough stress and negativity in real life? Games are supposed to be fun and feel rewarding when you make an effort. I haven't seen anything new come out in the last year that feels even remotely rewarding.

lol ur luck is bad than me...i got 3 elite planar chest in 44 runs

nevercan
04-28-2015, 01:16 PM
I only know the one in windmoore... If there is a second one, I'd be pissed. Wait are you talking about the Yodeler?

For myself, I started last year, but stopped because SL was calling me. I restarted this January... I played a lot until that Leprechaun event. I participated in Easter event aswell but I could have done more. Since then, i come in to chill and talk with people... and now I don't log in much anymore, not even 30min. You might have noticed my lower activity in forums as well 0.o Well I have exams so you might want to consider that. Anyways, I don't feel any interrest anymore. locked are cheap, I don't have good gear. I don't want to buy the available gear because of the value decrease.

I wish I was chosen for Alpha-test CoC... but y'all know it's life right?
They where in travalers oitpost windmoore tavern and kraag tavern they al gave 1 token a day but since the update the update being able buy inventory slots,auc slots, charakter slots and some gear pets bla bla bla u got 10 tokens with it but al 3 (they stil are there) give dailie al the some qeust so if u do it in kraag u cant do it in travaler outpost anymore -.-

Serancha
04-28-2015, 01:35 PM
lol ur luck is bad than me...i got 3 elite planar chest in 44 runs

See that may be funny from your side, but it stopped being amusing from this end a long time ago.

Kriticality
04-28-2015, 01:53 PM
I'll say one thing, when farmable mythics release, I'll be logging some serious hours

Titanfall
04-28-2015, 02:04 PM
Ive been playing this for 1-2 years. I used to log 5-8 hours easily back in the days when farming was fun and viable (eggs such as Mali, km3 locks etc) but now its just boring and locks and eggs are just dead. So I log 1 hour a day at most now, however if the new mythic armor ingredients are all farmable and the drop rate sn't 0.000001% like recipe. I'll be playing a lot.

Kakashis
04-28-2015, 02:22 PM
I too find myself just doing a few runs now if any at all. I spent some time twinking before I log for the day. Max 0-a few hours a day. Long gone are the 8h a day. I don't farm to loot junk.

azagreoralu
04-28-2015, 02:27 PM
Well i guess I'm the only one who plays for more then 10h a day. But yes it is getting boring. The only reason i am playing is because of my friends in game and I'm trying to get some gold before the expansion to buy new gear. Or hopefully buy stuff to farm the new gear

Jexetta
04-28-2015, 02:39 PM
I've played AL since the very beginning. I could just cut and paste Serancha's story here as my own since it's almost identical. Simply put, without concrete plateaus (ie, run this map 500 times to get said item), I've grown extremely tired of it all. You couple that with the vast array of broken items, lack of intelligent design with many items & pets, an increasingly large grand canyon in terms of gear gaps, hilarious broken equations (oh snappy shield, how you make me laugh), pet damage speed shenanigans, lack of true transparency, and a "small" team who probably has so much on their plate they can't address things as they would like to... it doesn't exactly inspire you to play more.

I play (at the very most) 5 minutes once a week.

Shanamerny
04-28-2015, 02:50 PM
For all long time players, it's getting boring. We have been waiting for an expansion longer than the previous ones. I log in, see if anyone wants to run arena/t3 (if lucky), check cs, log out. Many ppl I used to stay on and chat with have stopped playing. If there are events, I stay on longer, if it's worth it. I love the game, it's just getting boring.

Serancha
04-28-2015, 05:06 PM
Well i guess I'm the only one who plays for more then 10h a day. But yes it is getting boring. The only reason i am playing is because of my friends in game and I'm trying to get some gold before the expansion to buy new gear. Or hopefully buy stuff to farm the new gear

How long have you been playing? Your forum account is from this month. Not exactly that of a "long time" player.

Fyrce
04-28-2015, 05:40 PM
Played from the beginning. Followed my usual gaming pattern:

An hour or so to start until decide game is interesting enough.
8-16 hrs per day when ramping up, doing interesting stuff.
0-3 hours after awhile since hard to keep interest, hard to keep up time commitment.
Regain interest after 1-36 months, play 4-16 hrs per day for events or goals or new content.
Back to 0-3 hours when get bored, have other time issues.
Repeat.

That's my usual pattern with games. After awhile, especially if I find something more interesting, I stop going back.

Avaree
04-28-2015, 05:56 PM
Yes the game is slow, but it's very sad to read all the negative non constructive comments. We forget that this is a game, & there are real people are behind the scenes working daily. I think many don't stop to think that two major devs left the community with in the last year, and their ideas that were set on the table may have drastically changed. Many of you know it takes time, and resources to develope new content.

STS is working hard to deliver a better game. At the very least I am thankful for the weekly updates, bug fixes & skill upgrades, and continued communication through the forums from STS.

Maunyabastian
04-28-2015, 06:11 PM

sent from fritters beak

Dunn is in Kraag's Tavern. In that time, I was unable to go to Kraag.

azagreoralu
04-28-2015, 06:48 PM
How long have you been playing? Your forum account is from this month. Not exactly that of a "long time" player.

I've been playing for just under a year now. Just wasn't interested in forums enough to make a account until now

Xenobiotic
04-28-2015, 07:02 PM
About 5 minutes if I do play, usually it's only like every other day. I see no drive to play anymore, 95% of my friends already moved on so yeah. Btw I've been playing since founders came out, wish I could've gotten tabard but was only available to first 3 days android only.

Eski
04-28-2015, 07:47 PM
Yes the game is slow, but it's very sad to read all the negative non constructive comments. We forget that this is a game, & there are real people are behind the scenes working daily. I think many don't stop to think that two major devs left the community with in the last year, and their ideas that were set on the table may have drastically changed. Many of you know it takes time, and resources to develope new content.

STS is working hard to deliver a better game. At the very least I am thankful for the weekly updates, bug fixes & skill upgrades, and continued communication through the forums from STS.

couldnt have said better

Dalmony
04-28-2015, 09:18 PM
When the set you want costs around 200k per piece (max) and you can get reroll from klaas an earn 25k from farming flapjack... the game is very low stress and highly rewarding.

When the set you want costs 7mil and you can loot 200k drops farming ferrix, the game is a challenge- you start putting in 8hour farming sessions and farming is more long term, but each step is rewarding and in a few months you have your set and it's all worth it.

When the best armor, helm, weapon, ring, and pet have prices in the 10mil - 50mil - 100mil range each depending on the time of year (and also depending on that improper behaviour which shall not be named >:|), and farming barely earns you anything at all.. in fact farming just costs you money because you have to buy and spam ankhs as well as pots, and the majority of the time you don't even loot anything worthwhile, well.... that's the point where you gradually find you are logging on just to chat to friends, and then less and less, and then you are just logging on to gem your gear... and then you stop even really caring about the gems.

I've been playing since Jan 2013 :)

regizakirs.rs
04-28-2015, 11:42 PM

We all understand that STS has a small team and 2 major dev's left. But there has been multiple issues at hand. We all as a community have voiced these opinions. You have things such as the luck factor. I mean really? Gamers like to be rewarded for hardwork. Me personally I'm at the point to where I login to talk with friends. I'm at a stand still. I've farmed arena until nearly broke. With nothing to show for it. We all know someone who is in the same boat. People who have spent hard earned money to buy what I like to call locked roulette crates and get either outdated gear or the dreaded 2k, 2k, 2k lol. I just wish they would fix the bugs and other issues. I enjoy the game don't get me wrong. It's just slow right now.

Avaree
04-29-2015, 12:47 AM
We all understand that STS has a small team and 2 major dev's left. But there has been multiple issues at hand. We all as a community have voiced these opinions. You have things such as the luck factor. I mean really? Gamers like to be rewarded for hardwork. Me personally I'm at the point to where I login to talk with friends. I'm at a stand still. I've farmed arena until nearly broke. With nothing to show for it. We all know someone who is in the same boat. People who have spent hard earned money to buy what I like to call locked roulette crates and get either outdated gear or the dreaded 2k, 2k, 2k lol. I just wish they would fix the bugs and other issues. I enjoy the game don't get me wrong. It's just slow right now.

I totally agree that gamers like to be rewarded for hard work, and should be :) Also at the end of a season the game always gets slow.

regizakirs.rs
04-29-2015, 12:51 AM
I totally agree that gamers like to be rewarded for hard work, and should be :) Also at the end of a season the game always gets slow.
Very true it's definitely slow right now. Hopefully it'll pick up

Iinorex
04-29-2015, 01:36 AM

you got fossil on ur first arena crate....you will not understand everyone's pain

Ardbeg
04-29-2015, 04:37 AM
you got fossil on ur first arena crate....you will not understand everyone's pain

it was surely not on the first master chest. since the planar arena was introduced, ava ran it for hours everyday without looting anything besides a few reinforced gems and finally - after many hundreds if not thousands of runs - the fossil.

Iinorex
04-29-2015, 04:48 AM
it was surely not on the first master chest. since the planar arena was introduced, ava ran it for hours everyday without looting anything besides a few reinforced gems and finally - after many hundreds if not thousands of runs - the fossil.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?219997-Will-sns-or-any-comparable-pet-be-coming-to-AL-again-any-time-soon/page3&p=2118979#post2118979

scroll down to the 60th post

Zylx
04-29-2015, 04:53 AM
When I first started playing over 2 years ago, I was playing around 6-7 hours a day and I had so much fun in doing so. Leveling was fun because I could plow through mobs and i had something to work for. Now that all of that has passed, the novelty of the game is thread-bare. Nowadays, I can go a week without coming online, and I usually don't stay online more than 30 mins. I average about 10 minutes a day for 4 days a week. The only thing driving me to log in is this absolutely wonderful community of players.

For casual players, nothing NEW has really been released in over a year (not counting events). I am not counting Planar content, because that isn't casual. I like laidback, buttonmashing, smooth gameplay that I found in Normal maps. Where each map doesn't take more than 5mins to complete. I am personally not a fan of the harder elites, because I honestly don't find enjoyment in barely knicking away at an opponent's health and constantly being one-hit. It's like im headbutting a brick wall. Its boring!

The economy right now is getting worse and worse each day because of the lack of variety and this "luck based system". It's also due to today's overpopulated player base. Back then the best idea was to hoard and sell things after they become discontinued to make bank. Nowadays, you gotta get out there, get it, and sell it ASAP before the market floods. Back then, there werent very many players and especially players who knew the jist of how to merch. Nowadays, the game is full of greed-stricken players who will do anything to make a quick profit for themselves.

I gotta say though, the only upside to the luck-based system is that it keeps the demand higher than the surplus for a long time and it keeps the market in check. If STS released something really good for lets say, after 150 planar runs, the item will be unavailable for a week or better, and then BOOM, there will be 100 of them up for sale.

Ardbeg
04-29-2015, 04:57 AM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?219997-Will-sns-or-any-comparable-pet-be-coming-to-AL-again-any-time-soon/page3&p=2118979#post2118979

scroll down to the 60th post

yes, she found nekro on the second chest she opened *at that day*. she saves up master chests and opens in batches. she has farmed and opened tons of them before.

Iinorex
04-29-2015, 05:03 AM
yes, she found nekro on the second chest she opened *at that day*. she saves up master chests and opens in batches. she has farmed and opened tons of them before.

oh i thought her 2nd chest she obtained...sorry for misunderstand

Avaree
04-29-2015, 08:03 AM

Thanks Ard for the clarification.

oh i thought her 2nd chest she obtained...sorry for misunderstand

Jhawkeye
04-29-2015, 04:26 PM
It depends on the day. If I feel like being depressed I'll spend up to 6 hrs farming, otherwise I'm on for a while entertaining people

Newcomx
04-30-2015, 04:27 AM
Play 30 minutes - 2 hours a day. Usually not on weekend, except event.

Bellaelda
04-30-2015, 10:26 PM
I've been playing since game launched...

During periods of new content or when there's been events that I enjoyed... I've been known to log in over 12hrs a day (and I've definitely gone on more than one crazy bender session where I was logged in like 24 hrs+ straight

I don't play much right now... Mostly just log in to say hi to people and keep a bit of presence online... I think I average maybe 10-20 min a day tops right now. Since there's really no fun farming to do that has any good pay out right now I lose interest really quickly after logging in.

Here's to hoping that next event and expansion got tons to keep me entertained!