PDA

View Full Version : What do the colors and numbers above characters' heads during a fight mean

JaytB
03-31-2011, 04:11 PM
So, what do these colors and numbers (and text) above the characters' heads mean? You know, when fighting. I know some of them and can remember reading about it somewhere, but can't remember that I found a topic where it was nicely grouped together.

If it was discussed before, I would really like to have a link to the topic because I can't seem to find it for the world. Could be me being tired though...

Any help is appreciated.

Ayrilana
03-31-2011, 04:14 PM
Amount taken in damage or healed. Green is for heals, red is more regular damage, and orange is for critical attacks

FluffNStuff
03-31-2011, 04:15 PM
Red number is damage taken.
Orange Number is Crit Damage.
Green Number is damage healed.
Dodge appears over the player/mob that dodged.
Miss appears over the player/mob that missed, not the target that was missed.

JaytB
03-31-2011, 04:16 PM
Red number is damage taken.
Orange Number is Crit Damage.
Green Number is damage healed.
Dodge appears over the player/mob that dodged.
Miss appears over the player/mob that missed, not the target that was missed.

Thx :)

And what are blue numbers above my charters' head? Something to do with mana right?

Moogerfooger
03-31-2011, 04:22 PM

And what are blue numbers above my charters' head? Something to do with mana right?

Yep, you got it. I am not sure if it is mana used for a certain skill casted, or sometimes when hit by the aliens' lightning weapons (for example) and you see your mana bars taking hits, I think it may have something to do with mana lost due to lightning damage taken, or something along those lines...I do not know exactly.

FluffNStuff
03-31-2011, 04:23 PM

Those are mana 'healed'. Also there is white '+xp', and yellow numbers which is +gold.
An important thing to note about these is the can and often do lag. This is why after a fight you will still see these numbers coming off of players heads even though there are no mobs around. This is lag is also the reason people think they are 'damaging' the keeper when his shield is up.

Moogerfooger
03-31-2011, 04:26 PM
Those are mana 'healed'. Also there is white '+xp', and yellow numbers which is +gold.
An important thing to note about these is the can and often do lag. This is why after a fight you will still see these numbers coming off of players heads even though there are no mobs around. This is lag is also the reason people think they are 'damaging' the keeper when his shield is up.

^^^ well there ya go.

Yeah Fluff, I have had this debate before with people about the number lag, especially on Keeper. Have had people insist they were damaging him (with pretty large numbers) with his shield up, and I always thought it was just lagging numbers because his health bar never visibly changes much, if it all, with shield up. I do think a tiny bit of damage gets dealt, but I am not sure and impossible to tell mostly due to the number lagging.

noneo
03-31-2011, 04:31 PM

When I see the Blue numbers above my head they are mainly negative numbers. I always thought it was Mana Stolen/Sucked away from my character..

Arterra
03-31-2011, 04:31 PM
yea btw is it just me or do mobs have the power to take mana off you with their attacks? you see -xxx when using spells or getting hit with mana shield, but often i see things like -2 or similar weird or odd numbers in BS.

FluffNStuff
03-31-2011, 04:34 PM
^^^ well there ya go.

Yeah Fluff, I have had this debate before with people about the number lag, especially on Keeper. Have had people insist they were damaging him (with pretty large numbers) with his shield up, and I always thought it was just lagging numbers because his health bar never visibly changes much, if it all, with shield up. I do think a tiny bit of damage gets dealt, but I am not sure and impossible to tell mostly due to the number lagging.

I was thinking about this, and people doing 'small' damage to him, and it could be caused by thorn wall. That does not cause damage in the normal way, instead is actually drops the targets h/s, potentially causing it to go negative. If the wall is cast before the shield goes up, it is entirely possible he keeps 'taking damage' from it. If he is low enough, this could potentially kill him with shield up. This is the same way players die from it in PVP and a kill is not awarded.