PDA

View Full Version : We want mythics and crafting based on time spent NOT LUCK

Candylicks
04-28-2015, 02:24 PM
There are numerous threads going around on this, and I wanted to reiterate a few things to the community in a fresh thread. StS has always based their quality gear on the luck-based system. For example, the original mythics were obtained in locked crates. Arcane weapons and eggs have been the same, based upon a luck based system that you can play if you spend real money. I am really OK with some of this because it's fun to take a gamble sometimes. I have been lucky and looted many arcane and mythic items.

However, my problem is that ALL good items are based on luck. When the planar pendant came out we were so excited that we could grind and get the materials, then how bummed we were when it all came down to the recipe. Some of you got lucky and got it after a few runs in Arena. Then, some of the veteran players have run over 1000 times yet never got lucky. That is really frustrating to us as players. The same thing goes for Nekro, the majority of us will simply never loot one or have enough gold to purchase a fossil.

I like this game a lot, there are many things that StS does right for us. The tombs and arena are fun to play, we had a blast in all of the expansions that have come to Arlor. Events they get better and better with and I think Valentine's was so nice and we earned a lot of stuff and it was totally F2P. Thank you for that StS. Also, your improvements in the game are not going on without notice by us. You are fixing bugs every week and the communication on these is great. Thank you to the people working hard on our quality-of-life in Arlor.

Here is where a lot of your dedicated players are frustrated. We need to see a little more return for our money spent in the game via plat and less items with 'luck' attached to them. I have two suggestions on this:

1. With respect to the new items coming in the game with Rage of Ren'Gol make some of the good ones obtainable with a good old grind fest. Do not let us sit there with all the components but always missing the 'luck based one' like the planar recipe and fossil. Balance it out more between some of these lucky drop items and time spent in the game. For someone to spend vast amounts of time in game but always be the guy coming up empty handed is totally not fair. It doesn't sit well with the player base. I have people in my guild that I swear run arena for hours and hours every day and grind tombs for hours more. Yet they have no recipe and no pieces of imbued. You need to implement items that are rewarded by simply running. Mind you, a lot of running so we keep busy but the total luck base for good items has really run its course with us.

2. Behind the scenes the plat spenders are all grumbling a little bit. We see other games (Taichi Panda is the one that comes to mind) that has attracted a lot of old Arlorians to. Why? Because there is simply more return on the dollar. You can go in that game and for a single dollar get something really cool which is wings that help you fight in the game. I don't mind spending money on AL, nor do I mind opening locked for items which I will continue to do. However, I would suggest beefing up the plat store with more quality items we can flat out buy for plat. Not vanity but real stuff that we can use and love. Now that I can get behind, and I am sure so can many of the players who love this game and want it to thrive.

Thank you for listening !!!! We are all excited for the Rage of Ren'gol.

kinzmet
04-28-2015, 02:40 PM
Sadly attracted to Taichi Panda too.

Anyway +1 Candy. I'd rather have a system like the tooth system of Tindirin.
Example: 1500 Planar essence can buy 1 recipe. It will be hard to grind for essence but it will be worth it at the end because of the item you wanted is assured to be obtained instead of rellying on luck.

Overweightank
04-28-2015, 02:49 PM
+1 , Plat spenders got nothing to buy other than opening lockeds. And PvE Farmers have nothing to farm really anymore since the Time isn't worth the dollar. Overall good description of what's going on around Arlor. :P

Pandaxxo
04-28-2015, 02:54 PM
+1 agree with you!

notfaded1
04-28-2015, 02:59 PM
+1 agree with you!

Even the Panda agrees!

Bellaelda
04-28-2015, 03:03 PM
Yup agree...

Maybe do both ways... So recipes randomly drop but can also be purchased with like 1500 essence or teeth or whatever... That way we know our hard work is going somewhere... And we also can get lucky drops

Candylicks
04-28-2015, 03:06 PM
Yup agree...

Maybe do both ways... So recipes randomly drop but can also be purchased with like 1500 essence or teeth or whatever... That way we know our hard work is going somewhere... And we also can get lucky drops

Yes. If we are going to be crafting sets of helm, armor, neck, and ring and EACH one has a LUCK based item... that will tip the player base over to walking away from Arlor. The frustration is extremely high and hope that we can earn it like you have written here Bella.

Oursizes
04-28-2015, 03:12 PM
I personally like the whole f2p system of taichi panda over al, and I'm sure any sane person agrees. In taichi panda 1 hour of first starting game will get you 2-3 orange gears, while in all gets you to lv10-15 and 1-2k gold. In taichi panda they literally give diamonds away,(plats like al) while in al spend $100+ for a ton of crap, lol.

kinzmet
04-28-2015, 03:14 PM
I missed KM3 when lockeds were 15k+. There I grind for lockeds to sell, a month of grinding = richness. But now, theres no place to grind except planar tombs/arena but it needed ankhs to play (something that a poor non-plat player will not go to).

Shanamerny
04-28-2015, 03:19 PM
There's lots of things from Taichi Panda that would be amazing if it were implemented in AL. I love this game (AL), just needs some payoff for the hardcore farmers. I totally agree with the OP. Wish I could thank more than once :D

Kriticality
04-28-2015, 03:22 PM
I would also be ok with items purchasable by plat being account bound. When I spend my money, I'm normally not trying to make it more unfair to those that don't by looting and selling, I'm usually trying to get something for myself. Selling an arcane egg because I already have the pet is usually just a byproduct. The system for lemon and lime was a good one. You can purchase the pet but it's not tradable or you can loot the pet and it is. I see no reason not to apply that to purchasing vs farming instead of purchasing vs locked crates. It would put more emphasis on the farmers being able to make gold and the money spenders being able to get what they want. It may also help regulate in game pricing so we don't have items costing more than someone can actually transfer in the trade window again. I only mention this because it seems like there is a spike happening with the two most expensive items in the game.

On one hand, it makes me want to loot a fossil more, but on the other hand, that pet, at that price is so far out of range for most of Arlor.

It seems this would put the pricing power in the hands of the super grinders instead of the money spenders, while still allowing money spenders to get what they want. As opposed to all the gear in the money spenders hands and we also control the pricing power of items.

(Full disclosure, I spend plenty of money and also have a nekro and ring already.)

Candylicks
04-28-2015, 03:30 PM
Yes the plat items 100% need to be account bound. Vs. ones earned in game can be the ones bought and sold.

kinzmet
04-28-2015, 03:30 PM
I would also be ok with items purchasable by plat being account bound. When I spend my money, I'm normally not trying to make it more unfair to those that don't by looting and selling, I'm usually trying to get something for myself. Selling an arcane egg because I already have the pet is usually just a byproduct. The system for lemon and lime was a good one. You can purchase the pet but it's not tradable or you can loot the pet and it is. I see no reason not to apply that to purchasing vs farming instead of purchasing vs locked crates. It would put more emphasis on the farmers being able to make gold and the money spenders being able to get what they want. It may also help regulate in game pricing so we don't have items costing more than someone can actually transfer in the trade window again. I only mention this because it seems like there is a spike happening with the two most expensive items in the game.

On one hand, it makes me want to loot a fossil more, but on the other hand, that pet, at that price is so far out of range for most of Arlor.

It seems this would put the pricing power in the hands of the super grinders instead of the money spenders, while still allowing money spenders to get what they want. As opposed to all the gear in the money spenders hands and we also control the pricing power of items.

(Full disclosure, I spend plenty of money and also have a nekro and ring already.)

And this is coming from a plat spender. Nice to know :)

Edward Coug
04-28-2015, 03:34 PM
Yes. If we are going to be crafting sets of helm, armor, neck, and ring and EACH one has a LUCK based item... that will tip the player base over to walking away from Arlor. The frustration is extremely high and hope that we can earn it like you have written here Bella.

I totally agree with this. Farming is entirely too luck dependent.

That said, I don't agree with your other point of making a lot of the best equipment purchaseable directly with plat. That will kill the game pretty quickly. It will become a pay to win, and farming will become pointless, like in so many other pay to win games out there.

I guess STS could release "bound" versions of the equipment through the store, like the Arlorian ring, but even then, I'm not a fan.

Candylicks
04-28-2015, 03:36 PM
I totally agree with this. Farming is entirely too luck dependent.

That said, I don't agree with your other point of making a lot of the best equipment purchaseable directly with plat. That will kill the game pretty quickly. It will become a pay to win, and farming will become pointless, like so many other pay to win games out there.

I guess STS could release "bound" versions of the equipment through the store, like the Arlorian ring, but even then, I'm not a fan.

I didn't say all the equipment, I just said some that isn't vanity. Are you a plat spender? Do you know what it feels like to drop 500 bucks in the game and get absolutely nothing? The plat players need a little more variety and stability than locked crates alone. We fund this game and more for our dollar is needed-

Valkiryas
04-28-2015, 03:38 PM
+1 So tired of do 1000 Runs and got nothing , when then someone just do 10 runs and got that precious item ... So "Stupid" annoying ...

Edward Coug
04-28-2015, 03:56 PM
I didn't say all the equipment, I just said some that isn't vanity. Are you a plat spender? Do you know what it feels like to drop 500 bucks in the game and get absolutely nothing? The plat players need a little more variety and stability than locked crates alone. We fund this game and more for our dollar is needed-

I didn't say all the equipment, either. I said a lot of it. If a lot of the best equipment becomes directly purchaseable, the game will die. It's as simple as that. Games like this depend on farming.

I don't mind plat spenders having a leg up. They should (and they currently do). However, I will say it's a delicate balance. Let's take the items that currently exist. Which items should be purchaseable? I'm guessing you would say all of the recipe-based items and items found in locked crates. If you bought all of those items, you'd have a maxed out character. That would be a problem.

I should add that I really think this game should be subscription based. I don't agree with making players gamble with real money to get the best items.

HotttSauce
04-28-2015, 04:07 PM

I feel the exact same way. It really is hard to justify spending hundreds even up to $1000.00 thousand dollars to purchase plats. So you've paid to be able to open MANY MANY MANY locked chest. And after opening a couple hundred, lets say 700 locked chest you have nothing to show for it. Yes it's a gamble, but in gambling you spend real money & you win real money in return. We are spending real money for the "lucky chance" to get a in-game Arcane/Mythic item that we can't resell for money or a refund, we simply have the "lucky chance" of maybe getting the enjoyment out of using it... "IF" we are lucky enough to loot one.

That's the point of people conveying that in Taichi Panda, you see a better return on your money & it makes you as the buyer feel A TON better about spending your money. I had no idea about the Taichi Panda game which I may take a look at now.

STS has designed a GREAT game for us to play, devs like Rem are SUPER COOL. I log on everyday, use plats & open many locked crates because like so many I desire to compete and enjoy this game to the fullest. STS continues to make great improvements & they have shown how they value the community from fixes, pets, events, fun new content, new enemies, special vanities etc; That all takes hard work, time and money. With that being said;

Buying is universal & everyone wants what they pay for or have a fair shot (if gambling) at what they've used their money for. People in STS gaming are no different than us, they earn and spend money to buy the things they want to enjoy. But I know we'll all agree that spending in the excess of Hundreds to Thousands of dollars on something you want to enjoy, then after the money you've worked hard for is gone and you don't have the thing you wanted so bad afterwards but your pockets are still empty... it wouldn't sit well with anyone at all. And I don't mean after one time, I just want to clarify the community is saying after 10Hrs a day, 1000+runs, 1000+ locks (still coming up empty handed is not the experience anyone would be happy to have)... <-- this is a very big investment on peoples time & money as well.

Zuorsyra
04-28-2015, 04:34 PM
I tried Tai Chi Panda... It's really cool.

Serancha
04-28-2015, 05:00 PM
Another good example is a game like Hay Day. For $5 you can hire a little guy that will go and get you items of your choice. You can choose different items every 2 hours for 10 days straight. That kind of thing is a guaranteed benefit for your dollar. There's no gambling involved. The more you log in, the more you get from what you spent. It's a no-brainer. It is also not game-changing, so it doesn't require you to spend that $5 to be successful, it just makes things a bit easier.

That's the concept that STS advertised originally. If you work hard you will be able to get everything in this game. If you want to get it a bit faster / easier, you can spend plat to do so.

The model changed some time in the last year or so, to the point where in order to succeed you have to either spend thousands of real dollars with no guaranteed return, cheat, or have luck with the RNG. I am not in a position to do the first, refuse to do the second, and obviously fail at the third, meaning I'm effectively screwed.

Back to the original point, though. I would happily do 500 runs to obtain a crafting ingredient for an item, if I was guaranteed to do so. With a season being a year long, that could even be 1000 runs - as long as it was the same for everyone. This luck system may have worked in the past, but as STS increases item rarities, that same luck system turns into a big failure. You have "lucky" people looting multiple recipes and rich people opening hundreds of chests for imbueds, and everyone else spends fortunes for nothing.

Kakashis
04-28-2015, 05:27 PM
Well said, and I agree. I recently purchased the adventure's pack with perma XP and kind of regret it if the path of AL keeps going towards luck based. Golden cupid wings was a perfect example of how we should have been able to trade them in for our class as well.

I spent 250,000 gold to buy that "useless" relic that allowed me to loot the essences from arena and you know what? It was a complete waste because I didn't loot nor did I see anyone loot the recipie in over 600 runs. Those runs were not self sustaining and it drains you in gold quite substantially. Drakin teeth was a nice system in which we could trade in, but I rather have a kill counter like the daily quests of nordr in order to loot the items we're seeking the most than this luck system. Some have looted more than one recipe and that's just kicking everyone else who's down on their luck.

If the cost to run elites is greater than the loot reward, why run?

Fyrce
04-28-2015, 06:17 PM
I would like to see a combination of luck and work really hard:

Work really hard (farm 1500 arena kills, see an NPC, and get a recipe) in addition to the luck-based system. I have had pretty good luck with the luck-based system; I can see that when I do not have something, it's because I have not put any effort into it. I am aware though that there are players putting in a lot of effort and not getting any results.

It'd be good to see both systems in place: a token/kill/counting system to turn in for very rare items, thus rewarding effort and time, as well as getting those items through luck in chests/crates.

There are pieces of this double system in place already. It needs to be more consistent and applied throughout the game.

Oursizes
04-28-2015, 08:12 PM
Knowing STS and their hunger for money, they will probably place the ingredients for these "craftable" armors in locked crates, as they place all the good things in there. Its better to lower our expectations from STS to less than dirt, so that way when they do screw up their own game again, we won't be as disappointed. And I'm sure a mod/admin will say I'm talking down on STS. Well, no I'm not. Im just saying what is more than likely to occur in the new expansion, the gap between poor and rich gets larger, and only the "lucky few" make gold from this. 95% of players will quit this game then.

Pandaxxo
04-28-2015, 08:24 PM
Even the Panda agrees!

Yeezzz, the panda agrees lol :victorious:

PS. Idk what Taichi Panda is. I just googled, and it's not available in my country, danggg.

Kingofninjas
04-28-2015, 09:52 PM
I very much agree with everything Candy said. Speaking as a player who finally looted the ever elusive recipe just yesterday,after nearly 1100 runs and having to had buy mine instead of farming it, the current system is far to dependent on luck. However, without the element of luck, farming would be slightly boring. What I suggest is to give players a fixed amount of currency or runs to pay to an npc for the required crafting ingredient, as well as making it a lucky drop from either bosses or arena chest, with a reasonable rarity. When I say reasonable rarity, I mean someone between the odds of looting recipe and tomb chest, but considerably closer to the rarity of tomb chest. Maybe something like the odds of looting 2 legendaries from planar tomb 3 in a single run.

Additionally, the new mythics SHOULD NOT be a must have to compete. They should be better than imbued sets of course, but the difference should not be game changing. Something along the lines of 300 health, 100-150 mana, 2-3% crit, 100-150 armor and 10-15 damage (for a rogue) would be ideal. The complete set bonus (I approximate it will be around 25 primary or something) is not included in this. DON'T REPEAT THE NEKRO FIASCO STS.

Wazakesy
04-28-2015, 09:57 PM
I very much agree with everything Candy said. Speaking as a player who finally looted the ever elusive recipe just yesterday,after nearly 1100 runs and having to had buy mine instead of farming it, the current system is far to dependent on luck. However, without the element of luck, farming would be slightly boring. What I suggest is to give players a fixed amount of currency or runs to pay to an npc for the required crafting ingredient, as well as making it a lucky drop from either bosses or arena chest, with a reasonable rarity. When I say reasonable rarity, I mean someone between the odds of looting recipe and tomb chest, but considerably closer to the rarity of tomb chest. Maybe something like the odds of looting 2 legendaries from planar tomb 3 in a single run.

Additionally, the new mythics SHOULD NOT be a must have to compete. They should be better than imbued sets of course, but the difference should not be game changing. Something along the lines of 300 health, 100-150 mana, 2-3% crit, 100-150 armor and 10-15 damage (for a rogue) would be ideal. The complete set bonus (I approximate it will be around 25 primary or something) is not included in this. DON'T REPEAT THE NEKRO FIASCO STS.

:3 can i haz it?

Dragoonclaws
04-28-2015, 10:01 PM
It would be kinda cool to be sure that you'll loot the mytic gear... but...

When expansion will be released, we will all reach the cap level pretty quick. We will farm the new campain for some decent new legendary gear. Then STS will unlock the elite maps etc. The problem with a stable loot system is that people will farm it too easily. Let me explain myself: I can join the highest PvE guilds and we will all start farming those runs. 1000 runs right? no problem, we can easily gather a team of 4 people (since it's new expansion, a lot more people restart playing AL), and start farming it for a month, 2 months, 3 months. After 3 months, 75% of the people already own the mythic gear, and you just feel like farming it again and sell the gear... but , oh yeah, most people own it already so the value drops really low... and you're bored again (even more bored then now because you did the same map 30times a day for the past 3 months). You can start PvP but 75% of the people own the same armor, so it's all based on the weapon and the noobs with the ring and the skills and lag. Game death.

Take for example the dragonitge bar. when 2x dragkin cameout, the value of the bar drastically dropped from 2,3m to... well nobody buys it at 1,3m. I am pretty sure that the value of the bar was higher at Tindirin release.

If there is no luck in this, the game will end too quickly. I don't know if the ingredients or the full armor parts will be found in locked crates, but I believe that farming must have a higher success rate then locked. In other words, if the ingredients drop in locked and Elite goldens, then the Elite golden chests will have a higher drop rate then the locked (2-3x more). This way, STS gets their profits from Locked crates gambling (because there are other stuff then mythic gear), and the farmers get their gear from their hard work. Remember that there is not only mythic gear in the Elite chests, but also good legendaries so it's a very good deal.

Don't consider me against you. I just wanted to bring something good to the discussion. We're not trying to prove to STS that you're right, we're trying to find what's the right thing to do.

much love,
Dragoon

Hercules
04-28-2015, 10:29 PM
Excelent thread +Candy :encouragement: I hope STS read and respond soon.

ilhanna
04-28-2015, 10:36 PM
I agree on the points you make, Candy. I would also like to see the ingredients tradeable. This way even before getting the items, farmers are already making profit. This has been done before during Valentine's and Egg Hunt events.

By all means make it possible to buy key ingredients with farmable essences/tokens. If it's the fossil/shard/recipe all over again it will quickly kill any interest in farming. This has been done with Imbued recipes, I don't see why it should be hard to do with the new mythic gear. There will be four items to find ingredients for and craft. This means a lot of farming for a long time. Don't turn all these efforts into nothing by making key ingredients locked drop only.

Make some items also drop on maps other than expansion maps so leveling players have a source of income too (egg and locked farming is wrecked) and they don't arrive at cap level impoverished and uncompetitive with only Klaas pets in their stable. Also, empty Shuyal and Tindirin maps make me sad. It would be nice to have people run them again. Make the drop on low lvl maps rare enough, maybe about as rare as Bael 2 spawning or as rare as Summit minibosses.

If there has to be something kept in lockeds/boss chests, make it something catalytic in nature, something to expedite the process. Maybe an essence that makes it possible to craft with fewer hard-to-find ingredients, or substantially increase the item's chance of getting grand gem on the item, or why not put para gem or eye gem in locked? We will need them to gem the gear. Just anything that might still be valuable to loot from locked chests but is not essential. Mythic crafting can still go on without these locked items, but it will be much faster and easier with them. Just my two cents.

HotttSauce
04-28-2015, 10:47 PM

When expansion will be released, we will all reach the cap level pretty quick. We will farm the new campain for some decent new legendary gear. Then STS will unlock the elite maps etc. The problem with a stable loot system is that people will farm it too easily. Let me explain myself: I can join the highest PvE guilds and we will all start farming those runs. 1000 runs right? no problem, we can easily gather a team of 4 people (since it's new expansion, a lot more people restart playing AL), and start farming it for a month, 2 months, 3 months. After 3 months, 75% of the people already own the mythic gear, and you just feel like farming it again and sell the gear... but , oh yeah, most people own it already so the value drops really low... and you're bored again (even more bored then now because you did the same map 30times a day for the past 3 months). You can start PvP but 75% of the people own the same armor, so it's all based on the weapon and the noobs with the ring and the skills and lag. Game death.

Take for example the dragonitge bar. when 2x dragkin cameout, the value of the bar drastically dropped from 2,3m to... well nobody buys it at 1,3m. I am pretty sure that the value of the bar was higher at Tindirin release.

If there is no luck in this, the game will end too quickly. I don't know if the ingredients or the full armor parts will be found in locked crates, but I believe that farming must have a higher success rate then locked. In other words, if the ingredients drop in locked and Elite goldens, then the Elite golden chests will have a higher drop rate then the locked (2-3x more). This way, STS gets their profits from Locked crates gambling (because there are other stuff then mythic gear), and the farmers get their gear from their hard work. Remember that there is not only mythic gear in the Elite chests, but also good legendaries so it's a very good deal.

Don't consider me against you. I just wanted to bring something good to the discussion. We're not trying to prove to STS that you're right, we're trying to find what's the right thing to do.

much love,
Dragoon

No thanks to this suggestion, nothing against you but;
The OP is discussing the non-luck factor currently in this game after a player has spent VAST amounts of time, energy & even money to still receive NO reward. Or even worse I've ran 1250 runs and "no luck" where as another endgame player ran 10 runs and boom. The "luck" is by far way too random. There's no need to keep this low-luck based system (a huge luck-based percentage improvement is needed) when the vast majority of the player base continue to voice very negative feedback regarding it.

SO many more players have become upset & very frustrated with so much of their time & money being wasted for little to in many cases NO reward. Compared to what your post suggest, there's not nearly as many voicing negative feedback concerning content becoming boring too fast.

This is imo a serious issue because these feeling have been voiced over & over & over again by many different players. A solution to resolving the content becoming so-called boring to fast is, try new levels, twink, pvp, merch, don't play as much, run guild events, arena, tombs etc;

There's no real fix for Many Many hours of what people feel is their time & money being wasted in regards to obtaining an item they've placed a lot of effort in to receive being based solely on luck.

regizakirs.rs
04-28-2015, 11:49 PM
There are numerous threads going around on this, and I wanted to reiterate a few things to the community in a fresh thread. StS has always based their quality gear on the luck-based system. For example, the original mythics were obtained in locked crates. Arcane weapons and eggs have been the same, based upon a luck based system that you can play if you spend real money. I am really OK with some of this because it's fun to take a gamble sometimes. I have been lucky and looted many arcane and mythic items.

However, my problem is that ALL good items are based on luck. When the planar pendant came out we were so excited that we could grind and get the materials, then how bummed we were when it all came down to the recipe. Some of you got lucky and got it after a few runs in Arena. Then, some of the veteran players have run over 1000 times yet never got lucky. That is really frustrating to us as players. The same thing goes for Nekro, the majority of us will simply never loot one or have enough gold to purchase a fossil.

I like this game a lot, there are many things that StS does right for us. The tombs and arena are fun to play, we had a blast in all of the expansions that have come to Arlor. Events they get better and better with and I think Valentine's was so nice and we earned a lot of stuff and it was totally F2P. Thank you for that StS. Also, your improvements in the game are not going on without notice by us. You are fixing bugs every week and the communication on these is great. Thank you to the people working hard on our quality-of-life in Arlor.

Here is where a lot of your dedicated players are frustrated. We need to see a little more return for our money spent in the game via plat and less items with 'luck' attached to them. I have two suggestions on this:

1. With respect to the new items coming in the game with Rage of Ren'Gol make some of the good ones obtainable with a good old grind fest. Do not let us sit there with all the components but always missing the 'luck based one' like the planar recipe and fossil. Balance it out more between some of these lucky drop items and time spent in the game. For someone to spend vast amounts of time in game but always be the guy coming up empty handed is totally not fair. It doesn't sit well with the player base. I have people in my guild that I swear run arena for hours and hours every day and grind tombs for hours more. Yet they have no recipe and no pieces of imbued. You need to implement items that are rewarded by simply running. Mind you, a lot of running so we keep busy but the total luck base for good items has really run its course with us.

2. Behind the scenes the plat spenders are all grumbling a little bit. We see other games (Taichi Panda is the one that comes to mind) that has attracted a lot of old Arlorians to. Why? Because there is simply more return on the dollar. You can go in that game and for a single dollar get something really cool which is wings that help you fight in the game. I don't mind spending money on AL, nor do I mind opening locked for items which I will continue to do. However, I would suggest beefing up the plat store with more quality items we can flat out buy for plat. Not vanity but real stuff that we can use and love. Now that I can get behind, and I am sure so can many of the players who love this game and want it to thrive.

Candy I totally agree with you on this. If you can afford to spend the money for platinum then by all means do so but, don't have it where non plat spenders can't have a legit shot at thus said items. Now with that being said I want to see your platinum payoff also cause it's your money. And for those of us who have to grind we'd like to be rewarded for hardwork also.

regizakirs.rs
04-28-2015, 11:53 PM
I didn't say all the equipment, either. I said a lot of it. If a lot of the best equipment becomes directly purchaseable, the game will die. It's as simple as that. Games like this depend on farming.

I don't mind plat spenders having a leg up. They should (and they currently do). However, I will say it's a delicate balance. Let's take the items that currently exist. Which items should be purchaseable? I'm guessing you would say all of the recipe-based items and items found in locked crates. If you bought all of those items, you'd have a maxed out character. That would be a problem.

I should add that I really think this game should be subscription based. I don't agree with making players gamble with real money to get the best items.
It won't crash for the simple that there will always be someone who has saved enough gold by grinding to no end it seems. It's a verrrrrry slow process I know personally. I've grind for everything I got. it's possible

carmine_blade
04-29-2015, 12:39 AM
I agree with Candy, and STS please listen to her well-reasoned and eloquent plea :)

The new gear should be farmable by all or most, given enough time. By all means expedite the process for those willing to pay in cold hard cash, but still make it possible for f2p to eventually obtain without relying on luck, that capricious mistress.

Sell each component of the mythic set separately for plat and make it account bound, and make farmed versions tradeable; this would go a little way towards reducing the wealth gap by giving dedicated farmers something worth the ankhs/pots. Yes I understand that many farming the maps will already be well geared and wealthy, but there will be many players who aren't rich but have scraped, merched, saved and farmed until they can afford a mythic weapon (e.g. me) so we can run the new maps and finally make some gold back.

I'm looking forward to the coming events and of expansion, and think on the whole you're doing a great job, STS. You've got the opportunity to really shake things up and excite us with what's coming, please consider our wishes, as we too want this game to continue being a success!

Magegrimm
04-29-2015, 01:40 AM
Great thread Candy, what's missing here its that they have to listen, let's hope they actually read this and think about your suggestion!

siddhant
04-29-2015, 01:41 AM

I am ok with the first point of the thread regarding farming as it benefits both the f2p and p2p players but the 2point gives a big disadvantage to the f2p
Even when i am stating this the count of good veterans f2p and p2p player will be in the ratio of 10:1 almost every good experienced player ik spend plats very few players like me and other ppl have nevr spent plat on this game(not talking abt new players aka nub)so if stuff like weapons come only as plat it will be gg for the f2p guys
I was happy seeing that we could acquire l and l via gold also even thou both methods of acquiring it reqd plats so just sorta dont make it only plat buyable give us a chance ti atleast farm gold and acquire it stating my viewpoint ty.

Iinorex
04-29-2015, 02:30 AM
everything would have been ok if all the items that are lootable from locks are also lootable from farming....and drop should be like just saying suppose for mythic pendant it will drop on time in 1k runs...but i may drop in the 2nd run or in the 999th run and like if i get two recipe drop in 500 runs i will not get another for the rest 1.5k runs...like that

Jazzi
04-29-2015, 02:59 AM

much love,
Dragoon

Most definitely not true. The price was way below 2.3 before the weekend. Don't even get me started on the rest of your post. Imho in order to be able to comment on such matters you should at least have done what people are talking about, which you have not.

Regards

Jazzi
04-29-2015, 03:07 AM
I totally agree with candy. Those of us who have had bad luck are just totally disheartened. 700+ arena runs and nothing. 1000+ planar tomb 3 runs for 40 chests. I stopped running arena after I bought the recipe. Only reason I return to this wretched place is when a guildie can't find a party for more than 5 minutes and when I go in I have zero hope of getting anything.

Don't even want to comment on the returns for real money. The only real 100% return are elixirs. Opening 100+ locked and spending 100 Euro and getting one big NOTHING is a huge no-go.

Wazakesy
04-29-2015, 04:37 AM
Most definitely not true. The price was way below 2.3 before the weekend. Don't even get me started on the rest of your post. Imho in order to be able to comment on such matters you should at least have done what people are talking about, which you have not.

Regards

Let me sum up a few things about dragon bar:

[Dragon Bar History]

As far as i am concerned, bar was used as a craft component for the arcane ring. The original price at the release was at least 10million gold. Then more and more and more started to come, and then some people started to sell at low prices, so with people decreasing i mean:

1) PA sells for 9m
2) PB sells for 8.7
3) P[C] sells for 8.5

So, the supply started to increase highly then the prices went down to 5m. It stayed there for a while then it suddenly dropped all the way down to 2.7m, and then...it even reached to 200k LOL.

How the prices increased?

-> Well, when the new planar amulet was introduced, someone bought in all the bars at auc. Then the prices pinged to less than 3m, and then another sky shot for 5hrs @ 5million gold. And then it kept dropping..dropping..and poof nobody buys it :C

noisy
04-29-2015, 06:22 AM
I agree to the point that if you can obtain the best item or the ingredient for the best item in game in fixed amount of runs ,it takes out the fun factor out of the game.

my suggestion : you should able to get the 2nd best item in game by doing fixed amount of runs of a elite map or arena.

And by the term 2nd best item in game, i mean that the difference between best item and 2nd best item to be minimal but enough to make people to run for the best.

supersyan
04-29-2015, 06:45 AM
How about there are two versions of the mythic set

The Locked crate version : It'll have set bonus if completed all piece
The grinding version : It'll not have set bonus if completed all piece

Dragoonclaws
04-29-2015, 07:02 AM

Honesty, we want to grind the full version, not the Demo.

Candylicks
04-29-2015, 07:13 AM
I agree to the point that if you can obtain the best item or the ingredient for the best item in game in fixed amount of runs ,it takes out the fun factor out of the game.

my suggestion : you should able to get the 2nd best item in game by doing fixed amount of runs of a elite map or arena.

And by the term 2nd best item in game, i mean that the difference between best item and 2nd best item to be minimal but enough to make people to run for the best.

I disagree. There should be a balance between some 'luck' based items and some that you can earn by xx amount of runs like the teeth vendor was working for us. And the ones from the non-luck should be prime pieces and the best. Telling you, there is a huge population of people that simply have bad luck and just never get these drops. It's enough to drive a lot of people from the game from utter frustration. If the entire 4 set mythic has a luck component in every single piece? GG trying for that. It's not fair and hard work should be rewarded as well.

They could do two pieces with 'luck' based crafting and two pieces that you can purchase outright with currency without a luck drop at all. Should not be sup-par!!!!!

Reward the farmers, remove some of the luck. I hope this thread is considered!!!

ilhanna
04-29-2015, 08:06 AM

No, just no. This will perpetuate what's happening now: more reward for plat farming than actual pve farming, players not motivated to farm anything but lockeds, people mooching in cities because opening lockeds make more economic sense, f2p players losing interest. Hell no. Whatever comes out of locked should just be expediter or embellishments of the farmed mythic gear. It should never be in any way superior to the gear the majority of players will be farming and crafting. Or believe me, the exodus and quitting you see now will be nothing compared to what will take place if this locked-item superiority scenario is implemented

PhoenixPrime
04-29-2015, 08:10 AM
*sigh* Very bad idea...

If you guaranteed a reward of say a 100 runs not only will it take the thrill out of AL but it will propagate botting at a scale where instead of people complaining about the luck system of AL we will see threads based on "ban Xxxxxx he was botting".

Sidenote/Query:
I am assuming that the developers must have a way to tell which 'platform' a player is playing on (and their country of origin too). I'm basing this assumption on the fact that I can't do free platinum offers on any of my devices (android or chrome, US based).

Can't they use this information to also put limits on whichever platforms (assuming PC/Chrome version is the major offender?) are the most problematic when it comes to botting and/or plat farming to resolve some of the cheating issues?

Just my opinion that fixing the cheating might allow the rest of us to have more fun in the game since some of the other limitations might be removed.

Dragoonclaws
04-29-2015, 09:13 AM

much love,
Dragoon

Speaking as an I.T. student and an avid MMO player. The fight with botting never goes too well. This usually takes hours and hours of time and tons and tons of manpower to get a hold of botters or platfarmers(not really relevant to the topic, idk why u brought this up). The best way to curb these two parasites in any game is to nott give players a REASON or a method to do this. Eggs/chests which pets can't pick up is an excellent way to avoid botting, not to mention random "elusive four" bosses like we have skratch in tombs makes sure no low levels bot.

Hmm... Would be nice to see elite/normal mob-bosses like we have in tindirin.

Back on topic; please sirs, please none of that run 100 maps and u get an OP pet or item. Keep the randomness just tweak it so that its not so "random". (Hope im making sense).

I tried to put all this together and this is what I got:

There would be a quest where you have to farm the map 1000x for an untradeable version of the mythic set. There would also be a farmable luck based version from Elite chests (the ingredients would drop more often in elite chests then locked crates). The luck version one would be tradeable with a little extra bonus. I also suggest an AP for completing the quest (similar to the AP for restoring the mythic armors).

This way, you get a decent reward for your hard work, and you can still farm for the bonus one

Kriticality
04-29-2015, 09:54 AM
I want the non maxed geared players to consider something. While having a concrete way to farm new mythic set will lead you to owning mythics, the process won't be an easy way to make gold. As with all things in AL, the early bird gets the worm.

For example, if an arena run should take a mixed party 8-10 minutes a run but takes my party 4-5min, that is a big advantage for the heavily geared. Time spent considered equal, literally half the time.

Some people will be more relaxed about running sure, but some will be running for this stuff the it's a LB.

They did mention that no components would come from locks and that some ingredients were tradable and some weren't. That means that everyone will have to farm at least some for the set.

cami
04-29-2015, 10:15 AM
STS never will change this system. STS is money, They need money, money, money, money, learn something MONEY. xS

supersyan
04-29-2015, 10:33 AM
STS never will change this system. STS is money, They need money, money, money, money, learn something MONEY. xS
This isn't true. If they want only money they wouldn't even put recipe and fossil in arena. And they are working hard to make the game enjoyable for everyone. Ofcourse they need monetize the game for more contents and further development of the game. It takes lot of hard work to develop the game. But i wanted to say don't monetize the core of the game (that's the class balance, content balance and PVP ).

cami
04-29-2015, 10:35 AM
This isn't true. If they want only money they wouldn't even put recipe and fossil in arena. And they are working hard to make the game enjoyable for everyone. Ofcourse they need monetize the game for more contents and further development of the game. It takes lot of hard work to develop the game. But i wanted to say don't monetize the core of the game (that's the class balance, content balance and PVP ).

I see in arena: ANKHS, ANKHS,ANKHS, ANKHS,ANKHS,ANKHS. D:

Titanfall
04-29-2015, 10:38 AM
If you keep being so negative you wont get anywhere

supersyan
04-29-2015, 10:38 AM

Thats why i said do not monetize core of the game

cami
04-29-2015, 10:42 AM

Yes I did 300+ runs in arena and no recipe hehe and spend 650 ankhs :P only for nothing.

cami
04-29-2015, 10:44 AM

But someday I hope to be so lucky like some players who drop recipe 3 or 4 times. Fantastic!

Kyle Holmes
04-29-2015, 10:54 AM
^needs to calm down.

People complaining/cribbing about STS trying to earn money need to GTHO. They need food on their tables and a roof over their heads. If STS isnt earning money they camt make games like AL and then u complainees will have to find a different game-forums to post idiotic comments like that. They have been trying to make this game as f2p friendly as they can while trying to budget in some ways to earn money. Best thing would be to keep calm and play AL. The upcoming "farmable" mythic kit has all the endgame farmers salivating!
Trust me they make more money than they need, they just want to become millionaires overnight. Try paying £70 for plat that gives you nothing in return. Something that cost them nothing to create and then they go throwing iPads at walls, you will see if you saw the alpha video to CoC. An old game I played my guildies got bought the code from a rogue employee and made a private server and was able to run that efficiently with tiny donations from avid fans like myself. And the game was very very bigger than this. One of the guys that did this was only 16 as well so if they can do that with that little money, why can't sts with 100x more

sent from fritters beak

PhoenixPrime
04-29-2015, 11:08 AM
Speaking as an I.T. student and an avid MMO player. The fight with botting never goes too well. This usually takes hours and hours of time and tons and tons of manpower to get a hold of botters or platfarmers(not really relevant to the topic, idk why u brought this up). The best way to curb these two parasites in any game is to nott give players a REASON or a method to do this. Eggs/chests which pets can't pick up is an excellent way to avoid botting, not to mention random "elusive four" bosses like we have skratch in tombs makes sure no low levels bot.

Hmm... Would be nice to see elite/normal mob-bosses like we have in tindirin.

Back on topic; please sirs, please none of that run 100 maps and u get an OP pet or item. Keep the randomness just tweak it so that its not so "random". (Hope im making sense).

I know my point was a little off topic, just that your comment about potential complaints of 'botting' reminded me of how cheating seems to be a big issue in AL and bots and plat farming were the two major culprits. The reason I mentioned it, was because I don't have access to free platinum offers, and I am assuming that is because of the plat farming issues, which basically means I get penalized because of the cheaters.

Maybe they could consider an additional in game currency that is ONLY available for purchase with actual cash/credit card payments, and not via free offers. At least they would know these are legit purchases, with actual traceable cash receipts tied to them. Possibly even set up a vendor where we can get perks such as special upgrade gems. Something to help out in the game, but not anything that would drastically change the flow of the game. Anyway, you're right, that is really off topic, so I'll get back on topic now, 8^).

I have to agree with the original poster that having some options other than 'pure luck' for getting some of the 'nicer things in life' in this game.

I spend a LOT on platinum (more than I care to admit) because I would like to have something better than 'legendary' items to play the game with.
However, it would be nice to know that there are some option 'other' than pure luck for getting good items. I have no problem with farming for stuff, I put in a lot of time as it is, but you can only go so far with pink items.

I'm not saying I should get the best stuff just because I paid for platinum, but by the same token, getting absolutely nothing to show for the money makes you wonder why you're just throwing money at the game (and not just buying a game system instead, or anything else that is a sure bet for that matter).

I don't mind spending money on the game, it is a GOOD game, I just wish there was a little more to show for it, 8^).

Sorcerie
04-29-2015, 11:28 AM
I tried to put all this together and this is what I got:

There would be a quest where you have to farm the map 1000x for an untradeable version of the mythic set. There would also be a farmable luck based version from Elite chests (the ingredients would drop more often in elite chests then locked crates). The luck version one would be tradeable with a little extra bonus. I also suggest an AP for completing the quest (similar to the AP for restoring the mythic armors).

This way, you get a decent reward for your hard work, and you can still farm for the bonus oneSo once again, the person farming their heart out for ingredients/elite chests and components needed for untradeable set still has to have the second best?

How about my farmed mythic set is no different than the one from the elite chests, the only difference is I can't sell mine?

Because I really hate the idea of farming my *** off and having to settle for second best, only to be cornered into buying another luck based mythic set because it's slightly better.

This would be 8 pieces of gear that I would have to work for? That's completely unreasonable and unnecessary even for the most hardcore of farmers. Beyond that, what the hell would I do with the untradable set after I worked my way into the luck-based one with the set bonus? Is it supposed to rot in my inventory? Because that's what will happen, which totally undermines the 'achievement' in the first place.

Bellaelda
04-29-2015, 11:43 AM
Yeah... No second best for hard earned items... They should be same whether u get lucky or work your hiney off for it

At the most maybe different colors, but same stats n bonus

Serancha
04-29-2015, 11:45 AM
So once again, the person farming their heart out for ingredients/elite chests and components needed for untradeable set still has to have the second best?

How about my farmed mythic set is no different than the one from the elite chests, the only difference is I can't sell mine?

Because I really hate the idea of farming my *** off and having to settle for second best, only to be cornered into buying another luck based mythic set because it's slightly better.

This would be 8 pieces of gear that I would have to work for? That's completely unreasonable and unnecessary even for the most hardcore of farmers. Beyond that, what the hell would I do with the untradable set after I worked my way into the luck-based one with the set bonus? Is it supposed to rot in my inventory? Because that's what will happen, which totally undermines the 'achievement' in the first place.

If you can't sell a farmed set, what will people farm for to make money? That defeats the entire purpose of having farmable items. And yes, farming for second best would be just plain ridiculous.

Sorcerie
04-29-2015, 11:59 AM
If you can't sell a farmed set, what will people farm for to make money? That defeats the entire purpose of having farmable items. And yes, farming for second best would be just plain ridiculous.In the spoiler thread they said you'll need components to craft the new sets (two for the pink sets, and three for the myth sets). So why not just sell the components? Everyone is going to need them anyway and it could work as a steady source of income provided they fall into the relatively rare from bosses or chests catergory as drops. Say, the same rate as the current Dark Crystal sets? That would keep them high enough for people to stay interested in farming for a good long while.

Edward Coug
04-29-2015, 11:59 AM
*sigh* Very bad idea...

If you guaranteed a reward of say a 100 runs not only will it take the thrill out of AL but it will propagate botting at a scale where instead of people complaining about the luck system of AL we will see threads based on "ban Xxxxxx he was botting".

The problem here lies in the luck system not the loot system. Guaranteeing the "drop" will not only make it unfarmable but also dull. The drop/loot system needs to be looked into; that is what we should be trying to get changed or at least get STS to reveal. Won't it be nice to know how many runs at an average we need to run to drop something like recipe? So that poor noobs like me know how much money I'll be spending to drop something like a recipe(which I have yet to receive but I ain't complaining). I ran over 400 worth fragments of planar tombs without seeing a single chest. This was when we could scale and a few runs here and there without scaling. Then STS introduced the amazeballs arlorian ring and I decided to use this 40-55% loot chance at tombs and I've looted 10chests since the introduction of the arlorian ring(which, seeing as I do 3-9 runs a day is decent enough). Then all those hours running planar tombs without getting a single decent drop was worth it. From 0 chests in 150+ runs to 10 in 50(probably less, looted double chests TWO TIMES).

Guaranteeing rewards is a bad bad bad idea, takes the thrill out of the farming, makes bottling feasible and ensures prices are low and remain low(need to have basis).

After all its not the destination its the journey that matters.

I don't think botting has ever been a problem in the more difficult maps. I'd be very surprised if someone could design a bot that could get through planar.

Sorcerie
04-29-2015, 12:07 PM
Yeah... No second best for hard earned items... They should be same whether u get lucky or work your hiney off for it

At the most maybe different colors, but same stats n bonusI like the idea of perhaps giving them different colors or effects, to kinda show off some diversity in the visuals dept of mythic items.

Kyle Holmes
04-29-2015, 12:17 PM
I don't think botting has ever been a problem in the more difficult maps. I'd be very surprised if someone could design a bot that could get through planar.
People that use macros should be classed as botting, why should they get the pleasure of auto pot, whilst others have to either stop attacking or stop moving to pot

sent from fritters beak

Serancha
04-29-2015, 12:28 PM
People that use macros should be classed as botting, why should they get the pleasure of auto pot, whilst others have to either stop attacking or stop moving to pot

sent from fritters beak

I don't believe autopotting is a big enough issue to count as a concern. It doesn't give you any real advantage. I don't get why anyone would waste the time. I hold multiple speed records and my teams don't use macros, to my knowledge. When you run with someone a lot, usually they mention something like that.

In any case, as someone else said, "actual" botting is not a concern as long as the items only drop in the new elite maps.

Remiem
04-29-2015, 12:56 PM
Wow, thank you everyone. There is so much good feedback in this thread and it is all incredibly valuable going into the next expansion. The devs all have their eyes on it and we'll be discussing how we can incorporate your feedback into future content. We definitely understand where you're coming from. It's nice knowing that you're working toward something, rather than just crossing your fingers at the end of each run. :) More info on the new craftable items will be available closer to expansion release.

regizakirs.rs
04-29-2015, 01:48 PM
*sigh* Very bad idea...

The problem here lies in the luck system not the loot system. Guaranteeing the "drop" will not only make it unfarmable but also dull. The drop/loot system needs to be looked into; that is what we should be trying to get changed or at least get STS to reveal. Won't it be nice to know how many runs at an average we need to run to drop something like recipe? So that poor noobs like me know how much money I'll be spending to drop something like a recipe(which I have yet to receive but I ain't complaining). I ran over 400 worth fragments of planar tombs without seeing a single chest. This was when we could scale and a few runs here and there without scaling. Then STS introduced the amazeballs arlorian ring and I decided to use this 40-55% loot chance at tombs and I've looted 10chests since the introduction of the arlorian ring(which, seeing as I do 3-9 runs a day is decent enough). Then all those hours running planar tombs without getting a single decent drop was worth it. From 0 chests in 150+ runs to 10 in 50(probably less, looted double chests TWO TIMES).

Guaranteeing rewards is a bad bad bad idea, takes the thrill out of the farming, makes bottling feasible and ensures prices are low and remain low(need to have basis).

After all its not the destination its the journey that matters.
I see your point and I agree to an extent with you. But how many people do you think are willing to put in the grind to get the guaranteed items? Only a select player base will put in the time necessary for it. The truly dedicated few.

Marilyn
04-29-2015, 01:53 PM
Very well said.

I've tried both strategies... Spent tonsss of money on plat and opening crates as well as grinding and farming for hours and months yet no big pay off. It's discouraging really... However, I love AL and genuinely want to see improvements as I intend to continue playing for a very long time. I don't mind putting in work and grinding hard but there needs to be a reward that's not luck based. Also, plat is supposed to be the easy way to accomplish things since we are paying real money to short cut and that doesn't work either (I've had better luck selling locked crates then opening hundreds of them).. I also remember spending 1100 plat on pet crates and still didn't get foxy -.- smh

Ty sts for taking this into consideration as it would make the majority of players much happier knowing there's a payoff by putting in work as opposed to right now where we simply may or may not get lucky... :)

GoodSyntax
04-29-2015, 02:16 PM
Crafting Materials
I would love to see Drakin Teeth and Planar Fragment essences used as the currency for the Legendary item crafting materials. The reason for this is because it is important to spread the focus of farmers across multiple season maps. The reason why Planar weapons are worthless is because (outside of arena), the only items with any real value are Planar Chests, so EVERYONE flocks to these maps for farming. Bring some value back into these older maps; that way, the value of drops in the new maps do not decay so quickly.

Frankly, I would also like to see additional currencies added for Nordr and Shuyal; whether they are in the form of "boss essences", tokens, or whatever, the point is to spread the farming activity around, and encourage people to run more maps than just the most current season.

It would be really nice to have currencies from Nordr, Shuyal, Tindirin, Planar Tombs and the new maps needed to create all of the crafting material!

I think most players would agree that they don't mind the grind if there is a surefire item that rewards the work. Even if the requirements seem a bit steep (like 100 Ashral Heart essences) to create just one of the numerous crafting items, at least, players who can not/will not farm the newer maps have a potential revenue stream from the crafting material of Nordr and Shuyal.

Crafting the Legendary Items
Once the required materials are in hand, players can craft the Legendary items. These should be comparable to Imbued as far as stats go.

Like Icescale sets, I would like to see a small set bonus (like +30 primary stat). This way, there is an incentive to complete the set (thus requiring crafting material in volume).

This type of craft, then refine system has long term value and, unlike the fast bottoming out of the market on the new items, will provide players with reliable revenue for quite some time.

Crafting the Mythic Items
Much as the lv26/lv31 Mythic items (which still hold very good value by the way) are the basis for the "upgraded" Mythics; these new Mythic sets should operate the same way. A Legendary item is needed to craft the Mythic counterpart.

Individually, the Mythic version should only be SLIGHTLY better than the Legendary item....perhaps +5 Primary stat.

BUT, the set bonus for a full Mythic set should very potent. Something like +30 to STR, DEX and INT. Beyond the 3 stat bonus, some kind of passive (or proc) would be a very nice addition. I imagine something like the HP+Mana passive from Samael as a very good candidate for the Mythic set bonus passive.

So, a player without the entire Mythic set would be marginally better until the set is completed. The reason for this is to keep demand of the Legendary items AND the crafting materials high, providing farmers with a long-term revenue source.

The Luck Factor
Obviously, luck should play some part in the game. But, unlike the way it operates now, where if you don't seem to be that lucky, then you are stuck, I think luck should be nothing more than a shortcut. So, you can work hard and EARN the Legendary and/or Mythic set, or you can get lucky and loot one of the pieces from an arena chest, boss drop or locked crate. Luck shouldn't be the only way to max out!

Luck (or lack thereof) has been a major sticking point for many hardcore players. As long as platfarming and other cheats exist, the value of hard work decreases. We are now at a point where, from a return point of view, 2-3 hours a day is better spent cheating the game than actually playing it. There really is no reason why so many elements of this game discourages you from actually playing it. Whether it is merching, popping locked crates, buying pet crates, selling elixir kits/ankh, etc., the obvious focus is on separating you from your plat (and therefore cash) for a "shortcut" to riches. This is a distraction and a point of contention for many, many players. Most people I know don't mind working hard to get what they want. But if hard work never seems to be rewarded, while those that don't really engage in the game (or worse exploit it) get all the riches, then it is this quiet, dedicated base that will become disillusioned and eventually leave.

Luck has a place, and while Locked Crates are, I guess, a necessary evil, the real place for luck should be within the context of the game and it should only serve as a shortcut that eliminates countless hours of grinding. It SHOULD NOT be the only means to get what we all know we have been asking for.

Same goes for platinum in general. I loved how the Egg rings were implemented. You could take the platinum shortcut and buy yourself one (saving the dudgery of farming and crafting golden eggs) or suck it up, deal with the grind and earn the ring. BUT, the point I appreciated the most is that if you take the shortcut, it is bound to your toon; whereas those that worked for it received a tradeable version instead. The shortcut, in this case, was a fair compromise, since the hard work will still have value, even when the usefulness of the item has passed.

Littlegroot
04-29-2015, 02:21 PM
I don't believe autopotting is a big enough issue to count as a concern. It doesn't give you any real advantage. I don't get why anyone would waste the time. I hold multiple speed records and my teams don't use macros, to my knowledge. When you run with someone a lot, usually they mention something like that.

In any case, as someone else said, "actual" botting is not a concern as long as the items only drop in the new elite maps.

Are you very certain? This is a very sensitive topic :)

regizakirs.rs
04-29-2015, 02:24 PM
Crafting Materials
I would love to see Drakin Teeth and Planar Fragment essences used as the currency for the Legendary item crafting materials. The reason for this is because it is important to spread the focus of farmers across multiple season maps. The reason why Planar weapons are worthless is because (outside of arena), the only items with any real value are Planar Chests, so EVERYONE flocks to these maps for farming. Bring some value back into these older maps; that way, the value of drops in the new maps do not decay so quickly.

Frankly, I would also like to see additional currencies added for Nordr and Shuyal; whether they are in the form of "boss essences", tokens, or whatever, the point is to spread the farming activity around, and encourage people to run more maps than just the most current season.

It would be really nice to have currencies from Nordr, Shuyal, Tindirin, Planar Tombs and the new maps needed to create all of the crafting material!

I think most players would agree that they don't mind the grind if there is a surefire item that rewards the work. Even if the requirements seem a bit steep (like 100 Ashral Heart essences) to create just one of the numerous crafting items, at least, players who can not/will not farm the newer maps have a potential revenue stream from the crafting material of Nordr and Shuyal.

Crafting the Legendary Items
Once the required materials are in hand, players can craft the Legendary items. These should be comparable to Imbued as far as stats go.

Like Icescale sets, I would like to see a small set bonus (like +30 primary stat). This way, there is an incentive to complete the set (thus requiring crafting material in volume).

This type of craft, then refine system has long term value and, unlike the fast bottoming out of the market on the new items, will provide players with reliable revenue for quite some time.

Crafting the Mythic Items
Much as the lv26/lv31 Mythic items (which still hold very good value by the way) are the basis for the "upgraded" Mythics; these new Mythic sets should operate the same way. A Legendary item is needed to craft the Mythic counterpart.

Individually, the Mythic version should only be SLIGHTLY better than the Legendary item....perhaps +5 Primary stat.

BUT, the set bonus for a full Mythic set should very potent. Something like +30 to STR, DEX and INT. Beyond the 3 stat bonus, some kind of passive (or proc) would be a very nice addition. I imagine something like the HP+Mana passive from Samael as a very good candidate for the Mythic set bonus passive.

So, a player without the entire Mythic set would be marginally better until the set is completed. The reason for this is to keep demand of the Legendary items AND the crafting materials high, providing farmers with a long-term revenue source.

The Luck Factor
Obviously, luck should play some part in the game. But, unlike the way it operates now, where if you don't seem to be that lucky, then you are stuck, I think luck should be nothing more than a shortcut. So, you can work hard and EARN the Legendary and/or Mythic set, or you can get lucky and loot one of the pieces from an arena chest, boss drop or locked crate. Luck shouldn't be the only way to max out!

Luck (or lack thereof) has been a major sticking point for many hardcore players. As long as platfarming and other cheats exist, the value of hard work decreases. We are now at a point where, from a return point of view, 2-3 hours a day is better spent cheating the game than actually playing it. There really is no reason why so many elements of this game discourages you from actually playing it. Whether it is merching, popping locked crates, buying pet crates, selling elixir kits/ankh, etc., the obvious focus is on separating you from your plat (and therefore cash) for a "shortcut" to riches. This is a distraction and a point of contention for many, many players. Most people I know don't mind working hard to get what they want. But if hard work never seems to be rewarded, while those that don't really engage in the game (or worse exploit it) get all the riches, then it is this quiet, dedicated base that will become disillusioned and eventually leave.

Luck has a place, and while Locked Crates are, I guess, a necessary evil, the real place for luck should be within the context of the game and it should only serve as a shortcut that eliminates countless hours of grinding. It SHOULD NOT be the only means to get what we all know we have been asking for.

Same goes for platinum in general. I loved how the Egg rings were implemented. You could take the platinum shortcut and buy yourself one (saving the dudgery of farming and crafting golden eggs) or suck it up, deal with the grind and earn the ring. BUT, the point I appreciated the most is that if you take the shortcut, it is bound to your toon; whereas those that worked for it received a tradeable version instead. The shortcut, in this case, was a fair compromise, since the hard work will still have value, even when the usefulness of the item has passed.
I'm out of thanks but, you definitely get one for this. And I know it's off topic but, play taichi panda awesome game. I have epic gear and legendary gear already! No crate opening or luck factor!

Littlegroot
04-29-2015, 02:28 PM
Wow, thank you everyone. There is so much good feedback in this thread and it is all incredibly valuable going into the next expansion. The devs all have their eyes on it and we'll be discussing how we can incorporate your feedback into future content. We definitely understand where you're coming from. It's nice knowing that you're working toward something, rather than just crossing your fingers at the end of each run. :) More info on the new craftable items will be available closer to expansion release.

What you guys in the management are doing for AL at present is working out fine for STS. Continue on what you guys have been doing, it's the right way for the company to grow.
Gambling and luck is always needed to get rare and good items. If it's easily available to the players, how is STS gonna survive in their total revenue from AL?
A drop of more than 50% revenue? My guess is about 75% drop of revenue.

The company needs a workable business model for STS to remain competitive with their other rivals in the mobile gaming industry.

Thumbs up to you guys :)
And I hope the players of AL will understand without realistic revenue/earnings from AL it will not have more updates or the game might not survive for many good years to come.

GoodSyntax
04-29-2015, 02:32 PM
I'm out of thanks but, you definitely get one for this. And I know it's off topic but, play taichi panda awesome game. I have epic gear and legendary gear already! No crate opening or luck factor!

I've been dabbling with Taichi Panda now that I've retired. It's OK.....AL, from a gameplay perspective, is still superior, but there are some pieces to Taichi Panda that are much, much better than AL. At the end of the day though, it's the luck system and over-reliance on plat that has finally pushed me out for good.

I've also tried Kritika, but came away unimpressed after many, many hours of grinding. Order and Chaos is just a bore and feels ancient.

To be honest, I LOVE AL, but HATE what it has become. I wouldn't still lurk in the forums here if I didn't enjoy so much of what AL has to offer.

Sorcerie
04-29-2015, 02:32 PM
Once sgain Kali comes in, keeps it 100, and makes it abundantly clear as to what we want to see ingame.

Heres to another quality post, and as always, a thanks.

Littlegroot
04-29-2015, 02:35 PM
I mean be realistic.
It's a free to play game.
You want good rare solid items, spend real money on platinums and try your luck.
How will you expect a company to survive and grow larger if everything is easy and free of charge.
Won't all players be equally good with the same good gears?

Where's the challenge where the fun in the game?
The company hires staffs and pay their wages.
What is the company monthly operating costs?
How is the total annual operating cost for STS?

All these are free of charge? Be sensible and look forward to what STS can bring out from their pockets to AL new expansion.
If you're unhappy with the game, by all means leave.
They are many other new players the company is able to attract which will bring in more revenues.

regizakirs.rs
04-29-2015, 02:39 PM
I've been dabbling with Taichi Panda now that I've retired. It's OK.....AL, from a gameplay perspective, is still superior, but there are some pieces to Taichi Panda that are much, much better than AL. At the end of the day though, it's the luck system and over-reliance on plat that has finally pushed me out for good.

I've also tried Kritika, but came away unimpressed after many, many hours of grinding. Order and Chaos is just a bore and feels ancient.

To be honest, I LOVE AL, but HATE what it has become. I wouldn't still lurk in the forums here if I didn't enjoy so much of what AL has to offer.
#keeping it real
I agree with you and I hate you retired. You were by far one of my favorite players and greatest influence on me in AL! I hate to see that you retired but I respect your decision and I totally understand it!

Avaree
04-29-2015, 02:43 PM
So many great ideas, thumbs up to several posts, I'm out of thanks.

regizakirs.rs
04-29-2015, 02:43 PM
I mean be realistic.
You want good rare solid items, spend real money on platinums and try your luck.
How will you expect a company to survive and grow larger if everything is easy and free of charge.

All these are free of charge? Be sensible and look forward to what STS can bring out from their pockets to AL new expansion.
They are many other new players the company is able to attract which will bring in more revenues.
You are totally missing the point here. People have spent 1,000 of dollars to get rare items only to come away empty handed. People have worked there butts off to no end too see that they weren't rewarded for there hardwork. That's what drives people away. We all get that STS has to make money also but, it's like your punishing the player base. I've ran arena until nearly broke. The items that drop from the chest are worthless cause the market is flooded with them cause the arena and tombs are the only place that any viable loot. Locks have plummeted and eggs are a joke now cause everyone either has them or they have farmed them to no end.

HotttSauce
04-29-2015, 03:05 PM
What you guys in the management are doing for AL at present is working out fine for STS. Continue on what you guys have been doing, it's the right way for the company to grow.
Gambling and luck is always needed to get rare and good items. If it's easily available to the players, how is STS gonna survive in their total revenue from AL?
A drop of more than 50% revenue? My guess is about 75% drop of revenue.

The company needs a workable business model for STS to remain competitive with their other rivals in the mobile gaming industry.

Thumbs up to you guys :)
And I hope the players of AL will understand without realistic revenue/earnings from AL it will not have more updates or the game might not survive for many good years to come.

Or take the flip side of this statement.

Customers (the AL/STS player base) decide to spend their money else where, like you've said there's other competition. Like in normal business the better offers attract the consumer. That's why many businesses fail when they ignore the wants of the consumer, try to squeeze out every penny but lose the quality. Your statement is partially correct, that yes STS is a company and has to provide for it's employees. BUT what it seems you miss is the point that, "Who fuels by portion of the revenue STS receives?" ITS THE SAME PLAYER BASE THAT HAS VOICED THESE CONCERNS.

I hope you understand with the continued lose of a paying (ie; purchasing low/huge amount of plat) player/consumer base, there's a huge deficit in earnings. Business (STS/STG) NEED their consumer, their patrons to survive, it's not the other way around. You truly grow a business by increasing your client base PERIOD. What usually happens when business, gaming companies place their wants/needs before their consumers is that their consumer end up going elsewhere.

I've managed a small business for many years and business grow by word of mouth, repeat customers, a good reputation, a great product etc; If you gain LOYAL consumers/customers, you rarely have to worry about them leaving for the competition. "AND THATS EXACTLY what this thread/topic represents" MANY MANY Loyal customers/gamers expressing their disdain for a huge aspect of the game, and trying to make a Great effort to let the game/devs/sts they've grown to appreciate, enjoy & love know... before people decide enough is enough & go elsewhere.

I'm sure you've heard of the popular term, "Don't bite the hand that feeds you" It's a great business model as well as personal moral.

Oursizes
04-29-2015, 03:44 PM
I mean be realistic.

Is this the first MMO you've ever played? Most MMOs have a shortcut to being rich, and a way to get rich by grinding. Sts is purely dependent on random number generators. You want people to spend thousands on electric currency which may not even do any good for them? Mind you there's also those who cannot afford to shell out $1000 a week on a game, because they have bills to pay and families to take care of, or tuition to pay off. Instead of seeing it from your viewpoint, which I assume by the way you type, you have a lot of money, see it from the viewpoint who doesn't have a ton of money to spare. They're going to want a chance to compete with the rich, not just wander in pink sets all the time..

regizakirs.rs
04-29-2015, 03:45 PM
Or take the flip side of this statement.

Customers (the AL/STS player base) decide to spend their money else where, like you've said there's other competition. Like in normal business the better offers attract the consumer. That's why many businesses fail when they ignore the wants of the consumer, try to squeeze out every penny but lose the quality. Your statement is partially correct, that yes STS is a company and has to provide for it's employees. BUT what it seems you miss is the point that, "Who fuels by portion of the revenue STS receives?" ITS THE SAME PLAYER BASE THAT HAS VOICED THESE CONCERNS.

I hope you understand with the continued lose of a paying (ie; purchasing low/huge amount of plat) player/consumer base, there's a huge deficit in earnings. Business (STS/STG) NEED their consumer, their patrons to survive, it's not the other way around. You truly grow a business by increasing your client base PERIOD. What usually happens when business, gaming companies place their wants/needs before their consumers is that their consumer end up going elsewhere.

I've managed a small business for many years and business grow by word of mouth, repeat customers, a good reputation, a great product etc; If you gain LOYAL consumers/customers, you rarely have to worry about them leaving for the competition. "AND THATS EXACTLY what this thread/topic represents" MANY MANY Loyal customers/gamers expressing their disdain for a huge aspect of the game, and trying to make a Great effort to let the game/devs/sts they've grown to appreciate, enjoy & love know... before people decide enough is enough & go elsewhere.

I'm sure you've heard of the popular term, "Don't bite the hand that feeds you" It's a great business model as well as personal moral.
:truthfulness:

Fyrce
04-29-2015, 04:43 PM
Yes, there should be both systems: Work hard and you'll get all the best equips. Get lucky and also get best equips.

I think the luck system is already robust.

The work-hard system needs help. I would like to see craftable equips include currencies (tokens, kills, counts) from <the expansion for that item> to <the expansion for that item -2>. Either that or something along the lines of defeat all the current expansion bosses x500, though the token/essence display system is already in place, so probably using a token or essence system would fit in better. For counts that need to link to a specific area or zone, something like the planar tombs quest and crystal could work. Then those essences can be used as equipment currency.

Thanks for reading!

Tatman
04-29-2015, 04:54 PM
People, who say planar fragments (aka "guaranteed loot") and to some extent dragkin teeth (somewhat guaranteed, since not every run yields a tooth) are a bad system and should not be implemented ever again, obviously don't play this game. Probably talking about some other game out there.

Twinisland
04-29-2015, 04:58 PM
Is this the first MMO you've ever played? Most MMOs have a shortcut to being rich, and a way to get rich by grinding. Sts is purely dependent on random number generators. You want people to spend thousands on electric currency which may not even do any good for them? Mind you there's also those who cannot afford to shell out $1000 a week on a game, because they have bills to pay and families to take care of, or tuition to pay off. Instead of seeing it from your viewpoint, which I assume by the way you type, you have a lot of money, see it from the viewpoint who doesn't have a ton of money to spare. They're going to want a chance to compete with the rich, not just wander in pink sets all the time..
The people complaining are the f2p players because we grind some much for so little reward and that sucks. Luck based system SUCKS it's the worst kind of drop because one person can Leach and get the drop while the other works super hard and get a simple gem. I've seen this happen before and many played had gotten fustrated and quit because it's lazy and stupid. Why not add a questline for these drops. The devs worked hard on this game on the mmo part of this game but where's the RPG part you know the reason why anyone would play these games. But I guess I'm left disappointed because I expect the better part like fixed pvp instead of some crap feast who has better gear and when it's same gear there's always the person that's like "oh I'm lagging" "pshh I'll easily kill you noob" "my team sucks" and so on and nobody like these guys they are just unskilled endgame noobs. There are some "pros" but idk what pro means in this game anymore. This is just my opinion.

Bellaelda
04-29-2015, 05:51 PM
There is some really good feedback in this thread and I'm glad Candy brought this up. As with many of you, I had always thought to myself why the loot system is the way it is. I had always wished there to be a draw system, so that if the odds of looting are randomly were 1 in 500, that you would loot on the 500th run if you hadn't done so already. But if you looted before that, then the odds would reset. Since some people will loot on the 1st then again on the 400th, maybe make the draw for such odds be on the 750th run so that it balances out.

I still want there to be some sort of luck factor. Believe me, I totally feel where everyone is coming from because I swear I have the worst luck sometimes. The reason I want there to be luck is because grinding is extremely boring. Imagine if we got a planar recipe every 1000 runs. Sure, you would probably grind all the way until you got your 1st one. But after that, there will be very little motivation to continue knowing that your next recipe is so far away. I mean, by the time you get the 2nd one, who knows what the price will even be. When you start grinding for #2, the price of a recipe might be 18m, but by the time you get to 1000, it could be only 8m. It will get worse with the 3rd, 4th, 5th recipe, etc.

This is why I suggest there to be a luck based system, with some sort of a draw so that everyone has their chance with the luck system but the draw will ensure that people are rewarded for their hard work.

Yup yup.. I think a crafting system along with a luck based drop system will work well.

So players can either get lucky and get the gear dropped from bosses...

Or if their luck sucks.... Then they've now gotten one step closer to their crafting goal to get said item.

GoodSyntax
04-29-2015, 05:58 PM
I mean be realistic.

So you are advocating that people simply buy the best gear and leave it at that? Then what is the point of this game if all the best should simply be purchased? Should we simply pay a few thousand dollars on day one, and get a capped toon with max gear?

Not for nothing, but of the THOUSANDS of dollars I have spent on this game, I would say most of it went towards revives, elixirs, and a few pets, with only a small minority going towards Locked Crates. Trust me, there are A LOT of expenses incurred with SERIOUS farming. Casual farming is cheap, but if you are farming FOR PROFIT in game, there is a cost associated with it. Not all farming is for locked crates or Nordr eggs. The real riches of farming comes in the challenge of end-game elites, and if there is a carrot dangling at the end of your journey which guarantees profitability....something that will help you farm more effectively, then the expense is worthwhile. Give the people that put in the time to run endgame elites something of value, and you will see more players farming, and therefore buying ankh/elixirs. Whether this money comes directly from the player, or indirectly via kit/ankh purchases in auction, STS receives revenue.

What is NOT worthwhile is pissing away platinum on 99% crate junk, burning up hundreds of dollars with absolutely nothing in return (the gambling model). What is NOT rewarding is putting in THOUSANDS of runs in one high cost map (in terms of pots and ankh) to continuously come away empty handed (the luck model). What IS rewarding, and good for the population, and good for the long term sustainability of this game is something that rewards hard grinding, AND has shortcuts via purchase or luck.

Say what you will, but farming generates revenue for STS. So, the more players that buy elixirs, use revives/ankh and works hard, the more revenue STS generates and the happier the population will be if that work is rewarded appropriately.

To be honest, I found this post incredibly offensive to the farming community. Perhaps you should reevaluate your perspective and how you view farming and its relationship in, not just this game, but in any MMO, because it is the backbone for everything else that happens in game. The market begins with the farming community that makes items available through auction, it trickles down through the merches that set market value and ultimately down to the end consumer that buys and uses these items. Without farming the entire game falls apart.

There is more to any game than just throwing cash at it. If STS is truly that non-creative, where they cannot find revenue streams outside of direct pay-to-win, then this game will fail spectacularly. Most people with the means do not mind spending money if that money is rewarded. Most people that put in countless hours do not mind doing so if that work is rewarded. NO ONE wants to spend time and/or spend money if there is nothing that comes out of it. To say otherwise is simply delusional and painfully out of touch with the fact that THIS IS A GAME, and designed to be entertaining while providing income for those that are employed at STS.

Bellaelda
04-29-2015, 06:10 PM
^ yeah kalizzaa... I wasn't even going to reply I was offended by it too, but I second your post!

ilhanna
04-29-2015, 06:48 PM
I mean be realistic.

This thread isn't about extorting free, easy-to-obtain mythics from STS. I think Candy made it clear enough in her opening post how dependence on luck is hurting the entire player base, not just the free-playing ones but the plat-buyers as well. It's a question of overall customer (dis)satisfaction with the state of game economics and entertainment value as it stands now, and how STS can potentially remedy that.

But to address your comment, I think alienating f2p players, telling them to suck it up, quit whining, or leave, sending them a message that a vote in how the game is run and designed is determined by how many plats they buy, is a wrong business move. F2p players are every bit part of AL player community too. They keep the economic wheel turning, the social scene vibrant, and more importantly, they can review and recommend. Keep them happy and maybe they will tell their friends to play and maybe these friends will buy plat. Happy customers bring more revenues. But tell them they don't matter, and hey guess what, there are other mmorpgs out there with more satisfying reward/loot system. Some of the posters on these thread mentioned Taichi Panda favorably. How many are equally praising about AL on Taichi Panda's community?

Remember also that plat-buyers come in all shapes and sizes. Some can afford to spend thousands of dollars on plat to open lockeds. Some only buy a few hundreds plat to spend on kits so they can make some cash in game. Some buy rarely and only enough maybe to buy a mythic pet. Some only buy when they get graduation/Christmas gift money or end of year work bonus. How do you determine their right to have a say in how the game is constructed? All I know is, if non-paying players are unhappy and leave en masse, they will hurt the game for the paying-players as well.

I think it's funny how some paying players think it's OK to tell f2p players to shut up or get out when STS is making strides toward making f2p players enjoy the game more, and thus winning their loyalty. Ankh, respec, and elixir kits; pets that were previously only purchasable by plat made available in egg crates; auction/inventory/character slots purchasable with tokens, these had helped f2p players participate more fully in game. I'm guardedly hopeful that this means STS will continue this trend and come up with a more balanced economy and better retention of active players.

Littlegroot
04-29-2015, 10:09 PM
Sadly those who fire back at me doesn't understand how a free to play mobile game company business model should work.
You guys are just 1 to 10% out of the whole population of AL players.
Or to make it easier to understand, you guys only contribute 1 to 10% of the AL revenue.

Please note there are two types of games.
1. U pay money buy the game bring it home and play or pay download from Internet and play. Let's call it offline games.
it can be connected online to play too. That's for multiplayer mode.
Companies earn money by selling these games - main revenue
Many other ways these companies can earn more revenues by selling stuffs in their multiplayer modes too, but it isn't where the main revenue comes from.

2. U download the game from the internet into your PC / MacBook / Mobile Devices and play
It's free to download
It's free to play
Company main revenue is from more players downloading the games and spending tons of real money in this game to open special chests or crates or whatever u call it.
It's always based on a luck system to get rare or the best gears.
If everything is so easily available, this game would have died long ago. Why?
Simple logic, they will need to continuously come out with new contents more frequently and more expansion more level caps more new gears.
To create more stuffs for the game, you need more manpower! Meaning they will have to hire 4-5 times more employees to cope with the demand from their players. Because everyone is having the same gears easily available to them.
Can the company earn enough to support the high overheads?
Wake up please...
You spend 1k 2k 3k 4k 5k all the way to 15k on a monthly basics on opening chest, and you expect to get rare items 100%.
Dream on!!

If the gameplay is solid and the game environment and content is fantastic, the game company will still be able to attract more new players into this game of AL.
What is the world population of people using their smart phones?
All of u that is firing back at me, what % are u guys vs the big population of potential smart phone users who have not tried the game?

Think about it before you talk.
Go study and get s business degree or something
Get some work experience in other gaming companies to learn more about similar industry as this game.

Hint: I come from a gaming industry company and its bigger than STS but I enjoyed this game very much.
It is also a must for me to research my competitions around this particular free to play industry.

So I would say, your comments make me roll down on the floor laughing or slapping my head against my head.
We have players in other games spending more than USD$20,000 monthly they still write in and complain to us no rare items from opening chests.
How many of such players do we have? Plenty! Lose one still have thousands of such players.
This a is game for long term playing, not a quick 30-60 seconds free to play game.
They are many different business strategies for different types or modes of free to play game.

Hahaha!!

Candylicks
04-29-2015, 10:18 PM
Regardless if you come from gaming industry or not you are still an outsider of StS. Hard to make predictions of their business model if you aren't actually an employee.

Littlegroot
04-29-2015, 10:20 PM
This thread isn't about extorting free, easy-to-obtain mythics from STS. I think Candy made it clear enough in her opening post how dependence on luck is hurting the entire player base, not just the free-playing ones but the plat-buyers as well. It's a question of overall customer (dis)satisfaction with the state of game economics and entertainment value as it stands now, and how STS can potentially remedy that.

But to address your comment, I think alienating f2p players, telling them to suck it up, quit whining, or leave, sending them a message that a vote in how the game is run and designed is determined by how many plats they buy, is a wrong business move. F2p players are every bit part of AL player community too. They keep the economic wheel turning, the social scene vibrant, and more importantly, they can review and recommend. Keep them happy and maybe they will tell their friends to play and maybe these friends will buy plat. Happy customers bring more revenues. But tell them they don't matter, and hey guess what, there are other mmorpgs out there with more satisfying reward/loot system. Some of the posters on these thread mentioned Taichi Panda favorably. How many are equally praising about AL on Taichi Panda's community?

Remember also that plat-buyers come in all shapes and sizes. Some can afford to spend thousands of dollars on plat to open lockeds. Some only buy a few hundreds plat to spend on kits so they can make some cash in game. Some buy rarely and only enough maybe to buy a mythic pet. Some only buy when they get graduation/Christmas gift money or end of year work bonus. How do you determine their right to have a say in how the game is constructed? All I know is, if non-paying players are unhappy and leave en masse, they will hurt the game for the paying-players as well.

I think it's funny how some paying players think it's OK to tell f2p players to shut up or get out when STS is making strides toward making f2p players enjoy the game more, and thus winning their loyalty. Ankh, respec, and elixir kits; pets that were previously only purchasable by plat made available in egg crates; auction/inventory/character slots purchasable with tokens, these had helped f2p players participate more fully in game. I'm guardedly hopeful that this means STS will continue this trend and come up with a more balanced economy and better retention of active players.

Yes STS can choose to evolve can change things here and there to make it even easier for players who wants easy access to certain platinums items.
A great example are the ones u mentioned, ankhs.. Etc...
This is to keep the overall huge base of players happy.
Simple as that.
But main revenue still comes from LUCK SYSTEM.
Trust me, LUCK system will always work and always in use for gaming companies on bringing in their main revenues.
This is the key for any of such related companies to grow larger.

Let me point out to you STS latest strategy on gameplay or updates.
Mythic pet, LnL
This is the first time they introduce a mythic pet inside locked.
Lastest and newest mythic pet!!
Yes it can be bought from stable like how it should be in the past for a good 250 platinums or whatever amount.

But why released it inside locked or chest or crates based on LUCK system immediately?
Why?
Do you think more revenues will come in from stables or from opening special chests for STS?

That's an obvious answer.

Littlegroot
04-29-2015, 10:25 PM
Your tone is offensive and you miss the point of my thread. Regardless if you come from the gaming industry or not - people that speak like you make US slap ourselves with faceplant.

Learn to communicate as the business man that you are. Shooting insults to the community demonstrates that you are just a jerk.

Am I a jerk?
Was I too offensive?
Did I use words like jerk?

I don't know, maybe you guys know better :)
It's a general discussion, I am allow to point out my view without using offensive words?
Am I wrong?
I can choose to pick sides, it's free will.
From my point of view I can share my thoughts too?
Am I wrong to say that?

Littlegroot
04-29-2015, 10:28 PM
If you're unhappy with my comments and thoughts
Or I am not giving support to your suggestions in this thread at general discussion, fine.

Tell you what since you find my post negative and offensive, I hereby sincerely.... Say:
I apologise
I am sorry
I am leaving this thread and won't reply to any more posts in this thread.

If that makes everyone happy, I do it :)

Cheers and Goodbye! :)

Remember: I won't be replying or posting anymore inside here, no point to quote my posts.

Keep up the good work STS.

Bellaelda
04-29-2015, 10:30 PM
Sadly those who fire back at me doesn't understand how a free to play mobile game company business model should work.
Or to make it easier to understand, you guys only contribute 1 to 10% of the AL revenue.

1. U pay money buy the game bring it home and play or pay download from Internet and play. Let's call it offline games.
Many other ways these companies can earn more revenues by selling stuffs in their multiplayer modes too, but it isn't where the main revenue comes from.

2. U download the game from the internet into your PC / MacBook / Mobile Devices and play
It's free to download
It's free to play
Company main revenue is from more players downloading the games and spending tons of real money in this game to open special chests or crates or whatever u call it.
Simple logic, they will need to continuously come out with new contents more frequently and more expansion more level caps more new gears.
To create more stuffs for the game, you need more manpower! Meaning they will have to hire 4-5 times more employees to cope with the demand from their players. Because everyone is having the same gears easily available to them.
Wake up please...
You spend 1k 2k 3k 4k 5k all the way to 15k on a monthly basics on opening chest, and you expect to get rare items 100%.
Dream on!!

If the gameplay is solid and the game environment and content is fantastic, the game company will still be able to attract more new players into this game of AL.
All of u that is firing back at me, what % are u guys vs the big population of potential smart phone users who have not tried the game?

Get some work experience in other gaming companies to learn more about similar industry as this game.

Hint: I come from a gaming industry company and its bigger than STS but I enjoyed this game very much.
It is also a must for me to research my competitions around this particular free to play industry.

So I would say, your comments make me roll down on the floor laughing or slapping my head against my head.
We have players in other games spending more than USD$20,000 monthly they still write in and complain to us no rare items from opening chests.
How many of such players do we have? Plenty! Lose one still have thousands of such players.
This a is game for long term playing, not a quick 30-60 seconds free to play game.
They are many different business strategies for different types or modes of free to play game.

Hahaha!!

Again... I reset your statements.

The only way your succeed on a ftp game is by creating a large player base.

I believe that most of us here on forums are long time players and that we do spend money (some more than others)! If u just want to buy your items straight up... then maybe you are the one playing the wrong game... Rpg games are meant to be farmed and if you don't enjoy farming and lvling and just want to pay to be best for a set monetary value... Then maybe try another style game. I know most the people on this thread and we have an absurd amount of time and money invested with sts and do appreciate what they do! We just want to see them do better!

In any case I think the majority of our community (not just 1-10%) are sick of the current purely luck based system!

As I'd prefer to keep this thread on topic... Sorry for the baby rant... And please just keep money issues on another thread

regizakirs.rs
04-29-2015, 10:37 PM
Guys and gals this is really simple don't feed into what he's saying. It's not worth the time or effort. People who state things like this either don't spend any money or don't grind there butts off its a waste of time going back and forth with this guy complete waste of time.

regizakirs.rs
04-29-2015, 10:42 PM
Yes STS can choose to evolve can change things here and there to make it even easier for players who wants easy access to certain platinums items.
A great example are the ones u mentioned, ankhs.. Etc...
This is to keep the overall huge base of players happy.
Simple as that.
But main revenue still comes from LUCK SYSTEM.
Trust me, LUCK system will always work and always in use for gaming companies on bringing in their main revenues.
This is the key for any of such related companies to grow larger.

Let me point out to you STS latest strategy on gameplay or updates.
Mythic pet, LnL
This is the first time they introduce a mythic pet inside locked.
Lastest and newest mythic pet!!
Yes it can be bought from stable like how it should be in the past for a good 250 platinums or whatever amount.

But why released it inside locked or chest or crates based on LUCK system immediately?
Why?
Do you think more revenues will come in from stables or from opening special chests for STS?

That's an obvious answer.
I don't know how vast your gaming experience is but from this post your way in left with some of your assessments. I've been gaming for a very long time probably longer than you been living. And I got to admit this is the worst system for obtaining items I've seen by far. Yes you are right that luck is used in a lot of games. But to have luck as the sole key component to gain rare items is totally absurd. I mean who does that.

regizakirs.rs
04-29-2015, 10:50 PM

It's free to download
It's free to play
Wake up please...
Dream on!!

Hahaha!!
I don't believe for one sec that you work in the gaming industry. And no one spends 20,000 dollars on a game, a month. No one in this community is that dumb to believe that. And if you work for such a big gaming company that can produce better gaming content than STS then why play? Obviously they should be able to produce a better product. I'm going to bite the bullet on this for the whole community here. Dev's I'm sorry amd whatever infractions you hand down I accept them wholeheartedly without any complaints. But dude don't get here trying to insult this damn community like we are some damn whiny babies who just crying to get ahead. We work are asses too get what we earned and we are a solid community and we stick and we stand together so I'm asking you not to bother or piss us off.

Littlegroot
04-29-2015, 10:54 PM
Regardless if you come from gaming industry or not you are still an outsider of StS. Hard to make predictions of their business model if you aren't actually an employee.

Oh, you edited your post that is for me.

:) my smiling face has many words with a : and a )

Guess I can't comment much on your post, else some people will find me offensive and this will be never ending.

Well, all I can say in a positive manner is...
The big boys or investors that runs STS knows what they're doing with their business strategy and they have a workable business plan to convince more investors to join STS.
Customer Service is always important, feedback are always welcome.
My time is precious, I do not wish to waste any more time here.

Cheers!

Littlegroot
04-29-2015, 10:57 PM
I don't believe for one sec that you work in the gaming industry. And no one spends 20,000 dollars on a game, a month. No one in this community is that dumb to believe that. And if you work for such a big gaming company that can produce better gaming content than STS then why play? Obviously they should be able to produce a better product. I'm going to bite the bullet on this for the whole community here. Dev's I'm sorry amd whatever infractions you hand down I accept them wholeheartedly without any complaints. But dude don't get here trying to insult this damn community like we are some damn whiny babies who just crying to get ahead. We work are asses too get what we earned and we are a solid community and we stick and we stand together so I'm asking you not to bother or piss us off.

hello there i happen to saw your post,

You don't believe me?
i shall reply you with a :)

Go ask STS if what i say regarding players in other games spending USD$20,000 on a monthly basics is True or False?

Cheers!

regizakirs.rs
04-29-2015, 10:58 PM

You don't believe me?

Go ask STS if what i say regarding players in other games spending USD$20,000 on a monthly basics is True or False?

Cheers!
I sure will [emoji1]

Bellaelda
04-29-2015, 11:50 PM

You don't believe me?

Cheers!

Meh... I have no doubt some other leading mobas, mmos, or other games (cough... Candy crush, lol) may have a few players spending that kind of money (we've also had a few players in this game that have spent that kind of money!)... The issue is this....

1) this thread is not about revenue sources for sts and how they make money

2) those kinda spenders are rare in any game... Not many of us are sons or daughters of oil... or titled heirs... (and most our celebs that play would prolly want to be paid to play for sponsorship... J/k)...

Please just troll another thread... As this thread really matters to most of us in the community

Excuses
04-30-2015, 12:09 AM
Remember: I won't be replying or posting anymore inside here, no point to quote my posts.

Keep up the good work STS.

Please do as you said.
Thank you.

BTW. You got your point. It's ture sts need money. But luck system is not the only and best way to make money and please their customers. That's what people are talking about here. Suggesting better way to use both farming and plats at the same time.
Not just laughing at others opinions.

Kyle Holmes
04-30-2015, 12:17 AM
$20,000 a month? Is this guy for real. If I could spend that amount of cash it wouldnt be on digital content

sent from fritters beak

Serancha
04-30-2015, 12:50 AM
What he fails to realize is that the main voices on this forum are those representing guilds with hundreds of members in each. These are the people who are in touch with the average players on a daily basis. Sure 1-10% of the player base may be posting, but the majority of these voices are guild leaders or officers. Each voice that represents a guild is speaking on behalf of the community in game.

Not all players have the time, energy, and/or linguistic skills to make comprehensive posts to emphasize the community's needs. That is why STS calls the people who make and participate constructively in threads like this on a regular basis, community leaders.

HotttSauce
04-30-2015, 12:59 AM
I really enjoy viewing/reading a thread like this. It shows that SO MANY people really love this game Arcane Legends. In fact there's a discussion thread post entitled, "Question for long time players". I myself started playing in 8/2013 and have a good time ever since. The point is, I had no idea what Arcane Legends was until a group of friends told me how fun, social etc the game was. So I tried it and here I am more than 1 year later speaking on forums as well as others about the game we all enjoy very much.
A game reflects it's quality when people/gamers build a community and voice positive, negative, helpful, technical etc; feedback to bring improvements to the game they enjoy. We have countless farming guides, Zeus's gear improvement/concern threads "hahahaha" I really like these, Energizerics thoughtful detailed post, this post Candy began and SO MANY others from pet guides, timed runs, elite & pvp tips etc; This all just shows how much the community has made their investment in this game just like STS has.

This is something a game/community can build upon. It's what kept some here since 2012 and myself here since 2013 logging in, chatting with friends, running events, spending $$$$ buying hundreds/thousands of plats, HAVING FUN in the game we've all grown to luv! That I believe is one of the main messages here "the good 'ol days lol jk jk" and ty as usual REM for showing the dev support for the community.

Jiarijiba
04-30-2015, 01:29 AM
Even though I was not able to read all the comments, I am ready to vote this as a thread of the year :) Like HotttSauce says, this reflects how much community cares about the game.

Like OP mentioned, heavy farmers need their reward. If you put countless hours on this game, you got to have something else than pve kills in return. STS have done it before - remember e.g. the juggernauts of nordr type of quests. By killing the elite bosses multiple times, you have a guarenteed loot. And well the event tier prizes are the same. Hope the implement similar model this time as well.

But not everybody is able to play hours a day. They need to have something to gain as well. For them items like the egg ring and mythic pets are things that can keep them interested. Just keep them account bound and everybody will be happy.

I think STS is doing pretty well job balancing on f2p and p2w models. Just keep up the good work!

Many people mentioned Taichi Panda, there are some good ideas implemented, like how you utilize the junk loot to fortify your gear etc. Sts take a look at it and copy with pride :)

JohnnyHardcore
04-30-2015, 03:40 AM
Sadly attracted to Taichi Panda too.

Anyway +1 Candy. I'd rather have a system like the tooth system of Tindirin.
Example: 1500 Planar essence can buy 1 recipe. It will be hard to grind for essence but it will be worth it at the end because of the item you wanted is assured to be obtained instead of rellying on luck.

I had never heard.of.taichi panda til this thread. Now? Sold!

Fightbeast
04-30-2015, 04:19 AM
Read all the posts in this thread. Lots of agreements and a few disagreements.
But as a whole I think everyone would like the idea of their hardwork being rewarded at the end of some specified number of runs. Have run the arena many times, no recipe drops. Some have run more then me and they too haven't dropped one till date. If we are assured that we will be getting something for our hard work then its obvious that the number of active players will increase plus new players will be attracted to the game as well.
I will disagree with little on his opinion. Yes, we need luck in the game, we need luck in our lives too. But what happens if everything is based on luck?
True that plat spenders should be rewarded for spending a little extra then others. But keep in mind two things, most hardcore plat spenders have sometimes been deprived of good items as well also AL consists of majority of farmers (who btw buy plats for elixers and stuff) and players who can't afford such massive sums everyday. And they form the majority in the game. Sts, though people keep on finding their faults many times, have tried to remove such problems through a number of ways. Pet Crates to get pets which were earlier plat exclusive. Gold eggs to provide ankhs kits respec scrolls etc. Let's wait and see what happens this time :) if you read the posts I think I may have read a post by a dev in the new gears announcement thread, that the items won't be available in lockeds. How cool is that?! So everyone and I mean everyone has to farm for them :) If sts just fixes the luck by which items drop, then I think players will be more then satisfied. And I think sts plans on doing that this expansion :) Till then let's just wait.
Btw, Candy thanks for the numerous posts you give in the forum highlighting players problems. I know you are one of the few lucky players with vast wealth and arcane items. But your concern for the whole community too, deserves an applause :) Cheers

Iinorex
04-30-2015, 07:57 AM
even i agree with what you all say. doing 2k runs and not getting a drop is going to hurt everyone. what this game lacks is things to farm. a shard dropping from a gold dragon chest is a myth. no one even does it anymore. what i believe is that everything we get in lock should be farmable. like that even the market will not crash. now all the players are concentrated in the planar area. but if everyone is spread in different places farming different then the market would be stable because there would be less inflow of each item. players who wants to get items quickly can open locks and if not people can farm items. i dont have much mmo experience but this is what i think

with regards
-Linorex

Titanfall
04-30-2015, 09:58 AM

It's free to download
It's free to play
Wake up please...
Dream on!!

Hahaha!!
Looking at your attitude, I dont think anyone believes you, you remind me of those new to the internet 10 year olds that say their dad works for microsoft.

Back on topic, why dont you go play another MMORPG? You'll see everything is obtainable by hard work, EVERYTHING. It may take a long time but it can be done, where as AL sadly theres that annoying luck aspect on ALL the good gear which makes it near impossible.

Twinisland
04-30-2015, 03:25 PM
This thread sucks please just ignore little he's just going to say "I'm not going to respond anymore" and do it anyway.

Farminer's
04-30-2015, 03:54 PM
+1 everything on many other MMOs are farmable but certain things like pets or wings for taichi panda.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Terminhater
04-30-2015, 04:12 PM
I'm sure the DEVs are getting the idea on how we would like the game to change slightly.

The community has spoken

Erebos
04-30-2015, 05:09 PM
agreed with u all

regizakirs.rs
04-30-2015, 05:32 PM
+1 everything on many other MMOs are farmable but certain things like pets or wings for taichi panda.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
+1 taichi panda I have legendary gear and haven't spent a single dime[emoji106]

Farminer's
04-30-2015, 05:38 PM
+1 taichi panda I have legendary gear and haven't spent a single dime[emoji106]
Lvl 23 15k might with wings (spent 1$ ) lol I wanted them wings

regizakirs.rs
04-30-2015, 05:40 PM
Sorry Candylicks I'm not going to turn this into a taichi panda thread lol[emoji12]

Greatankush
05-01-2015, 03:45 AM
I spend 5+hours dai
Ly in game(not planar)but I am a kid I can't buy plat so I don't open locks....I play5hrs daily,(holidays right now)but I am poor I am an endgamer but I never have more that 60k spare cash...and then expense of pots and many other things...

raxaxic
05-01-2015, 11:30 AM
I wouldn't mind spending 200 dollars on a mythic set cause I don't have time to run around 1000 times and kill elite bosses.

Edward Coug
05-01-2015, 11:41 AM
I wouldn't mind spending 200 dollars on a mythic set cause I don't have time to run around 1000 times and kill elite bosses.

Unless you're a PVP only player, why would you want to be able to buy the best gear directly with plat. There would be no reason to farm anymore. There needs to be a reason to farm or the game will die. Plat should allow you to speed up the process not skip it entirely.

Bellaelda
05-01-2015, 09:40 PM
Unless you're a PVP only player, why would you want to be able to buy the best gear directly with plat. There would be no reason to farm anymore. There needs to be a reason to farm or the game will die. Plat should allow you to speed up the process not skip it entirely.

For those lazy or already rich people out there... I have no problem with them buying their gear from me with gold... Let them transfer their Plat to gold and purchase it from us people that love farming and making gold!!!

I'm personally hoping there's lots to be farmed this expansion (and can be farmed!) ... And lots of people that want to buy!

That will keep out market alive and worth farming!
And also help to close the gap