PDA

View Full Version : Enrage in Arena

merch_master
04-28-2015, 10:50 PM
Its funny i dont know this even after so long but what exactly does breaking the obelisk do during an enraged boss in arena?

ilhanna
04-28-2015, 11:02 PM
If the obelisk is broken the boss won't enrage.

merch_master
04-29-2015, 03:42 AM
ah lol, yet no one in my pts has ever attempted to do that, does it take too long?

ilhanna
04-29-2015, 06:24 AM
Why bother breaking the stone and then kill the boss if you can just kill the boss? Either by being careful and not hitting the stone (triggering countdown) or go full YOLO mode and just attack boss willy nilly, it ends up faster than breaking the stone first. We do it with legendary bow pt in my runs, just have to take faster decisions with pet selection.

merch_master
04-29-2015, 01:04 PM
yeah thats my usual MO too, try to not hit but if it hits by accident then kill it in enraged; atleast now i know why the obelisk is there now
Maybe if they had an AP where we have break the obelisk before enrage for all bosses or something, then it would have been of some use atleast

merch_master
04-30-2015, 11:56 AM
In my opinion, the stone should be a lot easier to break. The "pro" players don't even bother with the stone because they can kill the boss well before the timer runs out. It's the weaker players who have a struggle with this and a lot of the newer players don't have any strategy for not enraging. The obvious here would be to make the stone easy enough to break so that a weaker team can do so within 60 seconds. At which point, they will then need to deal with killing the boss.

Just a thought for a future tweak or when making something similar in future maps.
truth has been spoken.
I guess it was designed so average players can have a way around an enraged boss but sadly doesnt work that way.
Of course if you play your cards right ie kelvin, no fireball, stick to corner etc you can still circumvent the enrage but that still defeats the purpose of the obelisk