PDA

View Full Version : Word processing app?

Lesrider
03-31-2011, 09:00 PM
Anyone know a good free or cheap app that could replace MS Word? I want to be able to edit and save Word docs on my iPhone.

Thanks!

Frenzyn
03-31-2011, 09:03 PM
Microsoft One Note - You can write docs through phone and download from the internet to put onto your computer.
(it's free.)

Zeus
03-31-2011, 09:08 PM
Dang Les! When you said your iPhone was replacing your desktop, you really meant it! English Major and writing on the go :D. Nice Nice.

Frenzyn
03-31-2011, 09:18 PM
Dang Les! When you said your iPhone was replacing your desktop, you really meant it! English Major and writing on the go :D. Nice Nice.
Chivilry points possibly? ; )

Lesrider
03-31-2011, 09:19 PM

Lol well it doesn't help matters that my laptop sounds like an old man groaning every time I turn it on. It's literally turned into just my music storage and iPhone backup.

And I don't really want to buy a new one just yet bc I've really taken a liking to my iPhone and the touch screen. When I do finally replace my laptop, I think I would go for either a tablet or a laptop that doubles as a tablet.

Meanwhile, I borrowed my mom's netbook, but I really want to be able to work on the same document on my phone and pc. I don't mind if I have to email it back and forth between the two, but I want to be able to do more than just view it on my phone!

Thanks Frenzyn -- since it's free, I'll check it out. There are some I saw that cost $10 -- not really willing to spend that without knowing how well it works.

Ellyidol
03-31-2011, 10:09 PM
You'll love Pages on iPads if ever you decide to get a tablet.

My iPad almost replaces my laptop entirely, just a few things I'd rather do on laptop still - chatting is easier, storage.

I'm not sure if pages would work on iPhones..

Good luck! I know how you feel looking for that one app that'll suit what your looking for.

LIGHTNINGLORD67
03-31-2011, 11:08 PM
You'll love Pages on iPads if ever you decide to get a tablet.

My iPad almost replaces my laptop entirely, just a few things I'd rather do on laptop still - chatting is easier, storage.

I'm not sure if pages would work on iPhones..

Good luck! I know how you feel looking for that one app that'll suit what your looking for.

Lol my iPad literally completely replaced my laptop - i do alot of MS word and PowerPoint, and whenever I need to print, I use "Printcentral for iPad".

My printer has Bluetooth, like my iPad :D WOOT.

Ellyidol
03-31-2011, 11:11 PM
Lol my iPad literally completely replaced my laptop - i do alot of MS word and PowerPoint, and whenever I need to print, I use "Printcentral for iPad".

My printer has Bluetooth, like my iPad :D WOOT.

Ahhh thats awesome! I've been wanting to use the print function on iPad too, but my printer was an older model but at got it as a really good bargain.

I just find laptop faster at times, especially in chatting.

A lot of my school stuff is better done on my laptop anyway.

Curious though, what happens if you don't have a laptop at all, your iPad wouldn't even be set up would it?

LIGHTNINGLORD67
03-31-2011, 11:13 PM
Ahhh thats awesome! I've been wanting to use the print function on iPad too, but my printer was an older model but at got it as a really good bargain.

I just find laptop faster at times, especially in chatting.

A lot of my school stuff is better done on my laptop anyway.

Curious though, what happens if you don't have a laptop at all, your iPad wouldn't even be set up would it?

I agree, typing up documents or chatting may be slightly slower, but what matters is that I can do it :).

Right now I'm not that used to it lol I'm still learning all the functions of Pages and Keynote

Good thing is I know how to convert them into an actual Microsoft document :) idk how it looks on a PC though

Ellyidol
03-31-2011, 11:16 PM
I agree, typing up documents or chatting may be slightly slower, but what matters is that I can do it :).

Right now I'm not that used to it lol I'm still learning all the functions of Pages and Keynote

Good thing is I know how to convert them into an actual Microsoft document :) idk how it looks on a PC though

Would you know if Pages/Keynote works in iPhone? Or iPad only?

Cause if they work on iPhone, I think that'd be the best bet for Les, it's not free though...

LADYHADASSA
03-31-2011, 11:17 PM
What programs are you using on ipad for ms word and power point?

LIGHTNINGLORD67
03-31-2011, 11:17 PM
Would you know if Pages/Keynote works in iPhone? Or iPad only?

Cause if they work on iPhone, I think that'd be the best bet for Les, it's not free though...

Idk, I only have iPad, not iPhone

I swear the first time I got Pages I thought it had much less features, but it is EXACTLY like MS Word, you just have to know how to use it like an expert hehe.

LIGHTNINGLORD67
03-31-2011, 11:18 PM
What programs are you using on ipad for ms word and power point?

Pages for MS Word and Keynote for MS PowerPoint

Lesrider
04-01-2011, 03:19 AM
Not finding Pages in the iPhone app store :( anyone else find it?

And good point about not having a pc at all and just an iPad or tablet -- it wouldn't really work, would it? For all the syncing/backing up, etc. This is why I'm not jumping in to any purchases -- must think this through. Right now my laptop works for syncing, etc, but not sure how long it'll survive.

My current printer has wifi but not Bluetooth. I will eventually replace it with a bluetooth printer so I can use it with my iPhone, etc.

LADYHADASSA
04-01-2011, 05:15 AM
Thank you I will take a look at these programs they would help my world in many ways :) I am i. Studies in my masters in psychology and on my way to docterates, i need these programs, I just have not researched programs for i pad enough as of yet, by the end of a day any typenof research makes me think a hammer and my thumb are a better time. Lol

Thank you bunches :)

Lesrider
04-01-2011, 08:16 AM
So I've found two apps -- Quickoffice Connect and Documents To Go. Both cost 10 bucks and both have mixed reviews. Quickoffice has a free version I downloaded, but you can't save without upgrading to the full version. Which really bugs me, bc what if I upgrade and it doesn't do what I want?

Does anyone have experience with either app? Or is there a way to get a refund from Apple if I don't like it? I don't like throwing my money down the drain, but I'd be willing to spend the money for a solid app that would do what I need it to do.

Lesrider
04-01-2011, 08:46 AM
Ugh this is driving me crazy. Working on my netbook is sooo slow for me. I type faster on my phone. Not to mention how much easier it would be to email docs from my phone.

Someone please point me in the right direction.

The free version of QuickConnect doesn't zoom out and let you see the whole page. That's one reason so far that's keeping me from wanting to spend the $10.
I'd gladly spend $10 on an app that actually works properly. Do any exist???

Lesrider
04-01-2011, 04:51 PM
No one's used Documents To Go?