PDA

View Full Version : Good, Free Games and Apps.

Splurd
05-23-2010, 10:27 PM
This is just a thread to share any good, free games and apps you find in the app store.

They must be free (because most people are stingy :cool:) and its always good to find hidden gems which are free.

Some apps are free for a limited time, so please mention that in your post as well. :D

Splurd
05-23-2010, 10:33 PM
Firstly I have Devil Invasion. Its free for a limited time only. There is a lite version also.

Bascailly it one of those match 3, like bejeweled but it is set in a hexagon board, with rpg elements (much like puzzle quest) where destroying gems of a color gives you power stones of that color, and you can cast spells with your power stones. You level up, earn gold and buy new skills.

The gameplay has a slight element of tower defence, where monsters walk towards your castle and you need to defeat them with spells or matching attack stones. The match-3 does not need to pause, like the old bejeweled, you can match some stones then still match other stones on the other side of the board.

Overall its quite a fun game, with open feint as well. Free for a limited time, I recommend getting it if you like puzzle quest.

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/6697/469425.jpg

Splurd
05-23-2010, 10:44 PM
Secondly I have MiniSquarden. This is a cutesy flight sim game, which handles itself very well.
The controls are easy, and handle well. Eg, flying up is slower, and pulling into a dive drops faster, giving it a slight sense of realism that alot of other 2d flying games lack. The combat is fun, you fight wave after wave of planes, each with different weapons. The game is very arcadey, with power ups and combos and lives. The game also has multiplayer but I've never tried it out.

The game is free to download, but only has 2 maps, with a few planes. The other maps and planes need to be unlocked, through in app purchases, with 2 maps costing $0.99 and a total of 6 maps to unlock. So give it a try before you buy.
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/8341/9015652.jpg