PDA

View Full Version : *Warning* Level 52 mage called Maaageeer is a scam artist

Alkilya
04-01-2011, 06:54 AM
Not sure this is the correct place to post this but I want to warn other people about this character.
I blame myself really as I had a terrible hangover this morning and wasn't feeling at all sharp.
I was at Fort Blackstone checking on cs when Maaageeer started pestering me to buy my hate armour. I said it wasn't for sale but he kept offering me 300k for it so I eventually agreed.
He showed me the money but when I went to complete he had a full inventory so he said he would clear an item.
He friend requested me and I accepted and we did the deal but this time he only put up 30k and I didn't notice!!!! Like I said I really do blame myself.
He then immediately removed me from his friend list and disappeared.
It seemed like he had it all worked out and has probably done this before.
There should be a list of cons and scams along with the names of those who do them on forums.
I do not expect to get my armour back but please watch out for Maaageeer (level 52 mage).

Thanks,

Alkilya

Redbridge
04-01-2011, 06:58 AM
A good lesson in being on the ball, but I would send an email to the devs explaining what happened and times.

support[at]spacetimestudios.com

LADYHADASSA
04-01-2011, 08:01 AM
Never ever check the box until you have double checked, another scam is to have somone offer you an item for lets say 300k ylu agree put money in window the. They say hmmm.... How about 307 k ypu barter more, then they will go below original price to 297867 k be ause they "like you" .. With all the confusion and changes the scamer will say you left out a zero or a 1...many have accidentley put in an extra digit which in turn draines your account.

If you are drawn in by such a deal just say no ty! Will save you many head aches i know a feww who have lost 900-1.5 mill on this type of deal.

Sorry you got hit :(

Zeus
04-01-2011, 08:24 AM
Email the developers, I believe they ban for scamming now.

Alkilya
04-01-2011, 09:20 AM
Thanks for replies,
I have e mailed the dev's but I'm not sure they will be able to do anything.
I have done a bit of trading and am usually very careful but this person was very lucky and caught me when I was far from on form!
All I can do is make sure people know his name and don't make the same mistakes.

Fyrce
04-01-2011, 11:56 AM
Always check and double check the deal. Don't confirm until YOU are happy.

And make sure to report AND ignore anyone who tries to scam you.

Don't forget that (almost?) all RL scams are time-based, as in "Do it now! Time is of the essence! Won't be available in 0.00000001 seconds!" So anything that makes you nervous or spastic should be viewed suspiciously. It's VERY rare (never?) that an opportunity happens only once or is necessary for game enjoyment. So be careful. Being scammed makes for an unhappy day.