PDA

View Full Version : The Gem Disparity

Zeus
04-29-2015, 06:02 PM
Hello STG & Community,

As I think many of the AL population already knows, the gem disparity in AL is becoming quite a problematic issue.

Here are the current gems that we have:
- Fire/Glacial/Blood
- Tarlok Wind/Wisdom/Rage
- Enchanted Eyes*
- Elondrian Life Shards
- Cursed Necropolis Skull
- Paracelsus*
- Reinforced Fire/Glacial/Blood**

Now, as you can see, there is actually quite a wide variety of gems available to the general population. However, what has happened is that there are three rarity of gems: epic, legendary, mythic. While these may seem like plain old rarities, the gems itself have overlapping purposes.

Let us take a look at enchanted eye gems. These gems are quite powerful, giving us a balanced amount of stats from each type of stat as well as a nice amount of critical. Fair enough, seems like a nice compromise when comparing to primary gems, Tarlok gems, etc.

However, if a player stacks enough of these, then that player no longer has any need for gems like elondrian life shards or cursed necropolis skull. Fine, that's bearable.

Now, take a look at Paracelsus gems. These gems offer a lot of damage but do not offer anything else. Naturally, stacking all of these into gear seems like a bad idea. The stat loss would be huge! However, when enchanted eye gems were brought into existence, this problem no longer existed. Everything that the Paracelsus gem lacks, enchanted eye gems make up for. This leads to crazy ratios of 3 para gems: 1 enchanted eye. Overall, this will give a player much higher damage than relying on the gems commonly found while also providing similar HP and critical percent.

Does anyone see the issue? Aside from reinforced blood gems for tanks, there is no real use for other gems with the current paracelsus & enchanted eye gem set up.

So, what does this lead to? Very OP players like myself with damage, critical, and HP that nobody else can hope to achieve.

The way Paracelsus gems are designed, only those with a stockpile of them can benefit. The same thing goes for enchanted eye gems. This current model is very detrimental towards attracting any new players and retaining player base of anyone other than the top 1% of players. After all, a player can max his/her toon but still be required to spend an additional 20-40M on gems to get the ideal set up. How is this fair to anyone, really?

So, does anyone have any suggestions to fix the current impasse? This is a serious issue that will only prove to be more serious as time goes on. On top of all the other disparities that already exist, gems should not be yet another one.

Thoughts, suggestions? Please comment!

* = discontinued and very powerful.
** = obtainable, but of very small quantity.

Hadec
04-29-2015, 06:08 PM
quantity and quality plays its biggest role here...this is tricky tho
really tough decisions shall be made soon or the gap will get bigger on the forthcoming expansion

Zeus
04-29-2015, 06:11 PM
quantity and quality plays its biggest role here...this is tricky tho
really tough decisions shall be made soon or the gap will get bigger on the forthcoming expansion

I truly think the time to fix any of this is now whilst gear is being replaced anyways due to new incoming gear from expansion.

Maunyabastian
04-29-2015, 06:12 PM
Add new, cheap, and easy-to-craft gems.

Zeus
04-29-2015, 06:14 PM
Add new, cheap, and easy-to-craft gems.

The problem with this is those attributes are usually directly in relation with the gems offering rather abysmal stats compared to enchanted and para combo.

Would these new and cheap gems be better than para and enchanted? If so, what would happen to the rest of the fire, glacial, and blood gem market?

BlueSkied
04-29-2015, 06:20 PM
I suppose the only true fix to this issue would be to recirculate the population with para/eye gems. But then, what does that mean for those who already paid mass amounts of gold to ferment their items with them? No matter what, as usual, some will love it and others will hate it. introducing a new gem is possible but maybe STS is a bit overloaded with CoC and xpac content.

You do raise valid points though.

Zeus
04-29-2015, 06:24 PM
I suppose the only true fix to this issue would be to recirculate the population with para/eye gems. But then, what does that mean for those who already paid mass amounts of gold to ferment their items with them? No matter what, as usual, some will love it and others will hate it. introducing a new gem is possible but maybe STS is a bit overloaded with CoC and xpac content.

You do raise valid points though.

That's what I was thinking but that's why I suggested the best time to do this is now while the items are being replaced anyways. Twink items have already been para-gemmed and do not change so there should not be much of a price difference there.

I think if they were to recirculate enchanted eyes and paracelsus gems, now is the moment where it would have minimal impact.

Fiasaria
04-29-2015, 06:26 PM
maybe if u can craft 3 fire in one , 3x fire gem to chance to get super 3x fire gem :v
or something like that :v

leoakre
04-29-2015, 06:27 PM
Oh my head !!!

mmaachilles211
The problem with this is those attributes are usually directly in relation with the gems offering rather abysmal stats compared to enchanted and para combo.

Would these new and cheap gems be better than para and enchanted? If so, what would happen to the rest of the fire, glacial, and blood gem market?

Tbh any gem introduced that will be in line with para/eye that would be in regular circulation would crash all of the other gems. Like OP all of the gems that I currently use are para or eye and I have spent millions making it such. But then again maybe that was STS' intentions when they first implemented crafting...to keep making gems more and more powerful. Either way any new gem that is in the top tier of gems should be continuously farm able this the 1% doesn't end up being the 1% simply because of wealth and supply.

+1 to idea that something about this needs to be changed.

rstilzchen
During winter event, when eyes gems had inflow, they werent so expensive and were available for any middle class player. So, if we are looking for a golden middle, we just need something farmable in some elite zone, that will make it playable right away, what decrease gap between old gems and para-eyes setup. With stats maybe 2int, 2dex, 2str, 1crit, 0.5dmg or kinda that.
P.s. If gem is craftable, it should have grand version (to prevent prices falling), if gem is luck-based lootable it should be like an eye.

rustygun
04-29-2015, 06:29 PM
Dude I need a recipe to remove my para and eye from some nab gears I work hard farming and buying some because I got really tired/burnt out farming... I do like to keep what I work hard for thank u...

Bellaelda
04-29-2015, 06:29 PM
I've been saying this for awhile!

Not sure just how to fix this problem, but as things are right now unless paras and eyes are occasionally reintroduced new players have no chance!

Zeus
04-29-2015, 06:31 PM
Dude I need a recipe to remove my para and eye from some nab gears I work hard farming and buying some because I got really tired/burnt out farming... I do like to keep what I work hard for thank u...

Generating a recipe that allows removal of paras and enchanted eyes from existing slots would be a cool solution to this! STG could make the recipe somewhat rare and lootable so there's something to farm for as well.

Candylicks
04-29-2015, 06:31 PM
The gems will come back during events. Why do we need them now our gear is already filled with paras and eyes, I think it makes sense to have the expansion come and we have time to get our mythic then the better gems after. I mean, paras are dried up and eyes on their way. Mythic first then paras and eyes. Noone needs better gems now, you would be silly to waste them on current gear if you are hoarding.

Schnitzel
04-29-2015, 06:33 PM
Zeus, Tarlok gems are also discontinued i think..

Ravager
04-29-2015, 06:33 PM
Or make it so para and eye gems cant be put into 42 and up gear or it doesnt scale to higher levels. Itll probably help the direction of class balance later down the line and close gaps of rich and poor.

Zeus
04-29-2015, 06:34 PM
The gems will come back during events. Why do we need them now our gear is already filled with paras and eyes, I think it makes sense to have the expansion come and we have time to get our mythic then the better gems after. I mean, paras are dried up and eyes on their way. Mythic first then paras and eyes. Noone needs better gems now, you would be silly to waste them on current gear if you are hoarding.

If we do mythic first and then re introduce para and eyes, the players that did invest in buying remaining paras/eyes in anticipation for using in mythic gear will also throw many complaints.

Thus, it's better to do it now when gear is just about ready to be replaced so when the gear is replaced, there is a supply of both type of gems. That is, if the solution to this problem is bringing back para and eye gems.

Zeus, Tarlok gems are also discontinued i think..

Yes, but they are not really powerful anymore.

Or make it so para and eye gems cant be put into 42 and up gear or it doesnt scale to higher levels. Itll probably help the direction of class balance later down the line and close gaps of rich and poor.

This is a very good suggestion and something I would not mind at all!

BaronB
04-29-2015, 06:34 PM
Unfortunately im still at work to go too indepth...

However problem lies with the lack of availability.

Say for example you could farm eye gems from elite bosses tindirn+ or paras from arena chests... even have em maybe even coming out of locked chests ? Say paras in locked and eyes in arena...

Another alternative would be to keep stacking gems ontop of each other to increase its stats.

So say I have grand glacial gem. Well say 10more gems ontop of hat grand gem would say give me a boost of x amount of intel ect ect

Thexkid
04-29-2015, 06:36 PM
Heres an idea, Make a way to extract gems from items(via plat/gold or a recipe). Also this would provide a way to trade paras. Ive seen many items where the para/eye within the item is worth more than the item itself(mainly paras)

Wutzgood
04-29-2015, 07:20 PM
Best solution is to wait for events for para and eyes to return. Bringing more out now will just start rich players off with full para/eye level 46 gear.

Right now para gems are in such a low supply that few if any will be able to fully para/eye their 46 gear. Make people wait till October to get more.

I can understand why you would want new ones to come out but it's better if they don't retun till their respected events for all of arlor.

Zeus
04-29-2015, 07:23 PM
Best solution is to wait for events for para and eyes to return. Bringing more out now will just start rich players off with full para/eye level 46 gear.

Right now para gems are in such a low supply that few if any will be able to fully para/eye their 46 gear. Make people wait till October to get more.

I can understand why you would want new ones to come out but it's better if they don't retun till their respected events for all of arlor.

I will be able to even if gems are not coming back. I already have 10 reserved. The question is, will anybody else?

Zylx
04-29-2015, 07:29 PM
The biggest mistake that developers for any mmo can do is to give old players a permanent, distinct advantage over new players. All of these gameplay altering gems are all currently no longer available, therefore, new players are not able to catch up. And when things like the Planar content are released, that are released for the top-geared, the newer players have no hope in catching up. The top things should always be available for a fair amount of work equally between everyone. Exclusive items should only be things to show off. But game-changing things need to be available for everyone, and right now, STS is severely lacking in that aspect.

Right now, the stat difference between the top-geared and the next ones down are astronomical due to these gems and pets that, oh my, aren't even available to reproduce. I'm not saying that anything needs to be nerfed, but we need equality. Hard work should be rewarded, yes, but it should not give such a permanent and immeasurable advantage over those who are absolutely unable to catch up. It's flat-out unfair and discouraging to know that no matter how hard you try, you will never be able to catch up with the best of the best, even if they haven't done anything for the past year.

Tatman
04-29-2015, 07:33 PM
I remember reading the forums back when eyes were released. General consensus was "oh this gem is so weak, no-one will use it". Look at where we are now. Ironic. :)

Anyway, on topic. There is only one problem with the current gem situation. It's called para gems. If we didn't have para gems in this game, everything would be just fine and all gems would be useful (besides the skulls lol). Para gems are also the reason why eyes are so powerful. If para gems didn't exist, no-one would use a full or near full eye setup.

Best and probably only solution would be to remove para gems completely from the game, but I realize it's next to impossible. So, I'm out of ideas, sorry. :)

Wutzgood
04-29-2015, 07:33 PM
I will be able to even if gems are not coming back. I already have 10 reserved. The question is, will anybody else?

The low supply available won't allow many people to do this. I'd rather only a few players able to than everyone right as the new cap comes out.

They will most likely return during events anyway so most people will have to wait.

Unsocketing gems will never be a good idea.

represents
04-29-2015, 07:37 PM
I see what you mean like para is on one socket then you put the eye on the other socket and it completes what the para cant do

Madnex
04-29-2015, 08:14 PM
Even better solution. Fix both gems, update and let them recirculate at their respective events so they only offer those stats for the first and only the first gem in a gear set. Do this for every event gem from now on.

Axesam
04-29-2015, 08:53 PM
1st. I cant find any official statement from sts about para and eye discontinue
2nd. Just release them again so ppl who missed the event can obtain that gem
3rd. Release para again will minimalize scam issues
4th. Release another gem to counter para, for example pure armor gem that work like para (+7armor on 1st gem, +2 armor after, etc)
5th. Release new gear with higher stat, minimum same like old gear+para/eye

For me the best solution is release them again, many benefit for players.
1st idea release with event like in past
2nd idea make para/eye obtainable from bos or crates with myt rarity

Who will reject this idea? Mostly full para/eye player will reject this bcoz they know they will not superior again (but 100% zeus will not reject lol)

Who love this idea? Ppl who missed para/eye event and also some unlucky player with little gold who cant buy them

ps : same thing on goblin ring, just release them again. (I already have that goblin but lot of ppl missed that ring)

Dragoonclaws
04-29-2015, 08:55 PM
So you're telling me that you're ready to take off para gems from your gear (with a recipe) so you can share them with others? Unless you put a paracelsus gem on an Expedition riffle... Anyways, If I had the opportunity to take off a paragem from one of my gear, I'd save it for a lvl46 mythic/arcane gear.

Zeus, I think that para gems and eyes are just gems you guys farmed for. You played when the game was offering those gems, you have them and that's all. It shows that you're a veteran because you have old gems and it happens that those gems are OP. IMO, STS should make similar gems with different effects every year.

Side suggestion:create more para gems that gives different auras. We got a yellow one, then releasing a blue and a red one would be cool! People can mix gems and create different aura colors, if you have a blue and a red para gem, then the aura becomes purple and so on. having the 3 paras makes a mega black shadowy aura.=====> even cooler: Bloody Paracelcus Soul Stone (+3 STR + dmg); Glacial Para... (+3 INT + dmg; Fire Para (+ 3DEX + dmg). If we add the coloring effects, it would be awesome!

Spell
04-29-2015, 09:00 PM
The low supply available won't allow many people to do this. I'd rather only a few players able to than everyone right as the new cap comes out.

They will most likely return during events anyway so most people will have to wait.

Unsocketing gems will never be a good idea.

This shouldn't even happen in the first place...para gems ruin pvp already as it is...and I'm sure timed runs are effected by this also.two or three para gems is reasonable but Jesus 10+ para gems ?!
This is another reason I feel the new CRAFTED mythic items should be bound....it really isn't fair for the 95% of other people who can't "reserved " 10 para gems.
Let the gems come back with the event they belong to...i don't agree with bring back para gems early or eyes that is just silly...

Farminer's
04-29-2015, 09:17 PM
The gems just need to come back every year they will get less rare over and over and soon any can get their hand on them. Just let time tell. It is a unfair advantage to new twinks in lower levels and older who need money for endgame so sold my para item for endgame now they are ridiculously expensive and hard to find.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Bellaelda
04-29-2015, 10:00 PM
The biggest mistake that developers for any mmo can do is to give old players a permanent, distinct advantage over new players. All of these gameplay altering gems are all currently no longer available, therefore, new players are not able to catch up. And when things like the Planar content are released, that are released for the top-geared, the newer players have no hope in catching up. The top things should always be available for a fair amount of work equally between everyone. Exclusive items should only be things to show off. But game-changing things need to be available for everyone, and right now, STS is severely lacking in that aspect.

Right now, the stat difference between the top-geared and the next ones down are astronomical due to these gems and pets that, oh my, aren't even available to reproduce. I'm not saying that anything needs to be nerfed, but we need equality. Hard work should be rewarded, yes, but it should not give such a permanent and immeasurable advantage over those who are absolutely unable to catch up. It's flat-out unfair and discouraging to know that no matter how hard you try, you will never be able to catch up with the best of the best, even if they haven't done anything for the past year.

Yes!!

I've posted too many threads to count about top stuff (like sns n nightshade) not being locked to older players... I won't go into that here cause it's off topic and I know Zeus and rest of community are aware of my concerns there!

You can afford... And most of us here have at least a Para or two... But that's the right question!... What about new players???

Just as in the post above... Most people that seriously play mmos have no interest in playing when they can't ever be top (this will be even more apparent for twinks as much of end game gear will be replaced)

I dont think unsocketing is a good idea however...

As whoever hears about it first (and/or has lots of money... Cough... U... Cough... Charlie... hehe) will just buy up all the other stuff with paras and unsocket them and make more money...

I think the best way to reintroduce them would be either from a rare drop (like arena which I suggested numerous times! Would be super rare like much less than surreal gems... Not so much as neckro though!) and make them tradable! ....

Or through locked crates (since new gear is supposed to be farmable... This could be a good source of income) again tradable! And in this case not so rare that price is ridiculous... Keep cost around 1-2m (reflecting current market or maybe just a but less)

If nothing else we should have confirmatiom that these gems will definitely be returning seasonally with the events (and when posted clearly on forums) ... That way people don't lose heart!

Kingofninjas
04-29-2015, 11:28 PM
The things I would like to point out have already been pointed out. I am sire that there are some players hoarding para gems just for a situation like this, and when the first lvl 46 mythic come out, there is going to be an outrageous bidding war for these gems. I know for a fact that there are people hoarding well over 50 eye gems, I for see them rising to 2-3m a piece if they scale to level 46. These can change the game, but not anywhere near as much as the difference between one para gem and none can. To put it into perspective, I am seriously considering keeping one of my level 41 items, most likely the mythic bow, just for the para gem. That's how OP it is. Providing a recipe to transfer para gems, IMO is not a viable solution as it does nothing to address way should be sts' main goal, that is, gear balance (gems included as part of gear as some are so game changing). Ravagerx solution, not allowing the gems to be crafting into lvl 42 or higher items is the ideal solution. This may upset some of the eye hoarders, but its something that is for the greater good.

Assuming that ravagerx's brilliant suggestion is not implemented, here is mine. Make the eye and para gems FARMABLE. When i say farmable, I do not mean like planar pendant or nekro. Keep them rare yes, but let them drop as mythic drops from planar tomb chest, arena chest and the elite gold chest equivalent in rage of rengol.This will not only bring life back to pve farming, but it will also make it possible for many people to get at least one of these gems, either by purchase or loot. These loot able gems should also be tradable, to prevent scamming and make it profitable. As for the non tradable para gems that people own at the moment, sts should add an option to melt them for the current market price, which I believe is 3-5 million gold.

Edit: Nvrm just read Bella's post which basically says the exact same thing I did.

Bellaelda
04-29-2015, 11:36 PM
Edit: Nvrm just read Bella's post which basically says the exact same thing I did.

Hehe... Yeah... Good minds think alike... No worries

Zylx
04-29-2015, 11:41 PM
I think the best way to reintroduce them would be either from a rare drop (like arena which I suggested numerous times! Would be super rare like much less than surreal gems... Not so much as neckro though!) and make them tradable! ....

Or through locked crates (since new gear is supposed to be farmable... This could be a good source of income) again tradable! And in this case not so rare that price is ridiculous... Keep cost around 1-2m (reflecting current market or maybe just a but less)

I would hope if they ever do this, they wouldn't release actual para gems, instead they would release gems with the same stats but without the glow effect. Because it could get really annoying seeing every player with a circling glow at the bottom of their feet.

Bellaelda
04-29-2015, 11:57 PM
I would hope if they ever do this, they wouldn't release actual para gems, instead they would release gems with the same stats but without the glow effect. Because it could get really annoying seeing every player with a circling glow at the bottom of their feet.

Hmm... I typically play on tab and these things don't slow me down or anything... And I don't know or play with many people that don't have multiple effects at their feet... So this doesn't affect me at all... Honestly I could care less about effects either way, but for pvp they wouldn't like that for sure...

The benefit is to let me know what my opponent if working with... So with Para for sure... Especially at twink lvs pvp... They might have a problem with that

Zylx
04-30-2015, 12:15 AM
Hmm... I typically play on tab and these things don't slow me down or anything... And I don't know or play with many people that don't have multiple effects at their feet... So this doesn't affect me at all... Honestly I could care less about effects either way, but for pvp they wouldn't like that for sure...

The benefit is to let me know what my opponent if working with... So with Para for sure... Especially at twink lvs pvp... They might have a problem with that

It doesn't slow me down either, since I have a device with a decent processor, but if the para gems do eventually become able to be infinitely produced, then sooner or later, nearly everyone will have the particle effect and STS already regrets adding the effect because it has been shown to negatively affect some players' connection speeds. Just like the old shadow veil glitch, if most of a town is covered by a visual effect, you're going to have issues with lag.

I'm not saying to remove the effect entirely, I'm just saying that it would be a good idea to remove the effect from future replications.

Dex Scene
04-30-2015, 12:26 AM
Why do eye and para gems are labeled as discontinued??
They might and should come back!!

Eye gems are like new improved Tarlok gems for me and I have no issue with them.
However, the para gems seem to widen the gaps between rich and poor more!
But I think, the more Halloween and Winter event we get, the more supply of para and eye gems and the gap will be lessen.
Also the stacking damage of para gem could have been lowered! Like 5 bonus damage for first para and 1 damage that stack with other para!
That way people would get para gems but wont stack them!!

gumball3000
04-30-2015, 12:48 AM
Generating a recipe that allows removal of paras and enchanted eyes from existing slots would be a cool solution to this! STG could make the recipe somewhat rare and lootable so there's something to farm for as well.
That would be awesome so the people who first loot the recipe have the upper hand whrn removing paras amd eyes.

Iinorex
04-30-2015, 12:57 AM
if para gems come back they should come back only in events

supersyan
04-30-2015, 02:03 AM
Bring back Eye gem not paragem

sevenpain
04-30-2015, 02:29 AM
There is still alot of eye gem in the market
why do we need to bring them back so soon?????????

Zylx
04-30-2015, 02:38 AM
There is still alot of eye gem in the market
why do we need to bring them back so soon?????????

Not a lot in the eyes of the middle class...

Enterradora
04-30-2015, 02:50 AM
The worse thread i ever saw, u (Zeus) asking Sts to bring in normal content that gems, and i complete disagree.

Reason1: The price of that gems will drop a lot.(i saw u have 10 reserved so instead of pay 40m u only need to pay 10m, i doubt u have 10 in ur account)

Reason2: The twinks stuff whit that gems will lose their value, so all good twinks will enrage.

Reason3: Ppl who already have some eyes (still in market so u can buy) or Paragem(Ppl who hoard 6months+ cuz sts said it will be a new cap), will see how their goodies will lose their value.

Reason4: Bringing a especial regard (plat tier) from event in normal contest will kill that events, what it was the last winter event if we didn't had the eyes.

Reason5: Para gems are made UNTRADEABLE to keep out the abuse u and the 1% of uber richs players do whit the gem.

Reason6: Me, and the 99% of ppl won't see u and the other 1% of uber richs the first week after expansion whit the new mythic 46 stuff all para-gemmed (i hope new mythic stuff will be untradeable so u can't para-gem that stuff whit other ppl gems).

Reason7: A recipe to un-socket that gems? U not used that gems maybe? U choose to put the gems in ur better stuff and now try to get back the gems? Bringing back all the gems are socketed will ruin the game.

Bringing back that gems atm wont balance nothing.

I can continue, but i think there is my point...

If u want to load up of that kind of gems, wait like everyone do till the respective event, anyway if new cap is July-August and then come ursoth event, u will be close to next halloween event.

merch_master
04-30-2015, 03:24 AM
I don't understand the points people make about buying stuff for 10-20m way back, so they shouldnt be nerfed/traedable/cast off.
Guys its a game and stuff GETS outdated.
The 20mil was when extremely less people had the gem/gear at the start of its release so you could have an upper hand and flaunt....as months trickle by these things lose their novelty, might have new stuff for competing with them and will not make you one of the top 1%
So , it is obvious price will drop. I wouldnt even have a problem with bringing para back. The para owners had months and months of being the top players of the game, that is those mils well spent.
Letting more people get access would be bad how?
Yes its a good gem when used rightly but with enough people using them how is it offsetting any balance.

Iinorex
04-30-2015, 03:39 AM
para gems should be the way they are...it already got abused by many players...para gems were account bound so that people dont stack then in their gear...some rich people stacked them n killed the market now pay the price
and i doubt u have 10 para gems because on a different thread you said you couldnt cross the 835 damage mark because you lack one para gem and planar pendant are untradeable

siddhant
04-30-2015, 03:41 AM
i think so in future stats of only 1 para and eye should be used if u use 2 para/eye no stats will be granted to u this would balance the useage of gem sts should have thought abt this thing earlier implementing this atm could be catastrophic as players who have worked hard/spent money on these gems will feel cheated so i guess in the future sts should make i guess para and eye do not stack and just for like 1 week u can extract ur para/eye gem and make them tradeable this will balance the classes but there will be market crash then i guess just like 2 sides of the coin so idk whether sts might implement it or no just stating my suggestion ty.

Iinorex
04-30-2015, 07:04 AM
sts will not do it...lol extracting para gems from weapons n armour is a bad idea...people should have thought before stacking them on their gear...they will still return in haloween again

Farminer's
04-30-2015, 07:41 AM
The worse thread i ever saw, u (Zeus) asking Sts to bring in normal content that gems, and i complete disagree.

Reason1: The price of that gems will drop a lot.(i saw u have 10 reserved so instead of pay 40m u only need to pay 10m, i doubt u have 10 in ur account)

Reason2: The twinks stuff whit that gems will lose their value, so all good twinks will enrage.

Reason3: Ppl who already have some eyes (still in market so u can buy) or Paragem(Ppl who hoard 6months+ cuz sts said it will be a new cap), will see how their goodies will lose their value.

Reason4: Bringing a especial regard (plat tier) from event in normal contest will kill that events, what it was the last winter event if we didn't had the eyes.

Reason5: Para gems are made UNTRADEABLE to keep out the abuse u and the 1% of uber richs players do whit the gem.

Reason6: Me, and the 99% of ppl won't see u and the other 1% of uber richs the first week after expansion whit the new mythic 46 stuff all para-gemmed (i hope new mythic stuff will be untradeable so u can't para-gem that stuff whit other ppl gems).

Reason7: A recipe to un-socket that gems? U not used that gems maybe? U choose to put the gems in ur better stuff and now try to get back the gems? Bringing back all the gems are socketed will ruin the game.

Bringing back that gems atm wont balance nothing.

I can continue, but i think there is my point...

If u want to load up of that kind of gems, wait like everyone do till the respective event, anyway if new cap is July-August and then come ursoth event, u will be close to next halloween event.
U sir are probably someone with many twink para item waiting for outrages prices. All new players need a chance to earn this stuff to stop being so selfish with prices and gold.

Iinorex
04-30-2015, 08:09 AM
U sir are probably someone with many twink para item waiting for outrages prices. All new players need a chance to earn this stuff to stop being so selfish with prices and gold.

its a conspiracy...the rich have run out of paras to attach to their new gear...so they are convincing the whole community that removing paras is a good idea...it is bad...right now mostly evryone has a para...if removal of paras is allowed only 0.5% of the people will have it

i want to ask you a question...u say even new players want a chance to obtain get paras ok...u even said you are trying to get a bullwark in a different thread which means u have not bougt it till now....so if paras are mave removable how will to buy the gears with paras to remove them?
it is a bad idea

Wutzgood
04-30-2015, 08:10 AM
Honestly it's not fair to the people who actually saved their paras since October. It was known when para gems came out that they were only available for plat tier during Halloween event. There is no good reason for them to come out before October.

I have to give credit to anyone who did save their para gems. They deserve the high price they are gonna get from them once the new cap comes out. I wouldn't have been able to save mine for that long.

Suggesting ungemming anything is a terrible idea and will never get implemented here. You get one shot per gem. If you put it in a bad item you can only blame yourself.

Farminer's
04-30-2015, 08:13 AM
its a conspiracy...the rich have run out of paras to attach to their new gear...so they are convincing the whole community that removing paras is a good idea...it is bad...right now mostly evryone has a para...if removal of paras is allowed only 0.5% of the people will have it

i want to ask you a question...u say even new players want a chance to obtain get paras ok...u even said you are trying to get a bullwark in a different thread which means u have not bougt it till now....so if paras are mave removable how will to buy the gears with paras to remove them?
it is a bad idea
I got my bulwark. I have the Deaths Hand title I had a paragem I sold it I thought it was not needed in twink level but what about all the newer players out there who have not had a chance for this title or gem let them have their chance IDC if they are able to be removed or not they need another chance to come back.

Wutzgood
04-30-2015, 08:15 AM
I got my bulwark. I have the Deaths Hand title I had a paragem I sold it I thought it was not needed in twink level but what about all the newer players out there who have not had a chance for this title or gem let them have their chance IDC if they are able to be removed or not they need another chance to come back.

They can wait till October and get plat tier during event if they want one like others did. Devs have posted multiple times that they won't ungem items. This isn't the first topic like this.

Like tarlok gems before they will most likely return during Halloween event.

Farminer's
04-30-2015, 08:16 AM
They can wait till October and get plat tier during event if they want one like others did. Devs have posted multiple times that they won't ungem items. This isn't the first topic like this.
Yea ik I'm not stating when as I said in my first post here let it come back with event only.

Iinorex
04-30-2015, 08:25 AM

what about me? even i didnt get haloween event, gobling event, winter event, ursume event
let dovas, shady n surge, night shade, yowie, everything be re-egged or undone...i didnot get a chance to get them....do you think if para gems are made removable new players can buy wep with para n remove the gem? everything comes when it is time...haloween will come at october....when raw said about how pets are effecting pvp zeus said he knew that a long time ago so bought all kinds of arcane pets before....its his fault he didnt see this coming....if the new ones like me want a shot at para we will have to wait till haloween event....eyes were tradeable but were their prices anywhere in the range where a new player can buy? no? paras are even more op even if the price drops it will still stay out of the reach of the pockets of the new players....i am a new player n this is what i believe

Farminer's
04-30-2015, 08:37 AM
what about me? even i didnt get haloween event, gobling event, winter event, ursume event
let dovas, shady n surge, night shade, yowie, everything be re-egged or undone...i didnot get a chance to get them....do you think if para gems are made removable new players can buy wep with para n remove the gem? everything comes when it is time...haloween will come at october....when raw said about how pets are effecting pvp zeus said he knew that a long time ago so bought all kinds of arcane pets before....its his fault he didnt see this coming....if the new ones like me want a shot at para we will have to wait till haloween event....eyes were tradeable but were their prices anywhere in the range where a new player can buy? no? paras are even more op even if the price drops it will still stay out of the reach of the pockets of the new players....i am a new player n this is what i believe
All I said was let it come back with event I don't really care for the removing gems part.

Iinorex
04-30-2015, 08:45 AM
All I said was let it come back with event I don't really care for the removing gems part.

oh sorry...i had misunderstand you..sorry much

Zeus
04-30-2015, 08:47 AM
Okay...

1. Making mythic sets untradeable
There's several things that do not make this logic work. A player could still stack para gems in weapon or ring. Additionally, for the sake of preventing the top 1% of stacking these gems, players want to shoot themselves in the foot? Who in their right mind will pay 30-40m for mythic sets if they are going to be untradeable?

There's already arcane pets for that & planar recipe. I highly doubt players will purchase sets if it means they will never get their money back. Additionally, due to that, the top 1% is still going to buy the mythic gear because they can afford it being non-tradable. The common players will not. So, where does that leave us? Again with a gear gap. As a result, I don't think people should try the futile effort of attempting to stop the top 1%. Money talks and it always will.

2. Investments
Investments go bad all the time. That is a risk that you as an investor are willing to take. Due to STGs notorious habit of releasing investments, I would personally never hold on to an investment for too long. That's a good way to lose money. And, I do not think we should conform opinion due to the remaining few players that do have the investments.

3. Cannot Gem L42-46
I honestly think this is the best case scenario and should be implemented if we truly want a chance at fairness. This switch can be flipped off come the return of Halloween/ursoth.

Iinorex
04-30-2015, 08:57 AM
Okay...

There's several things that do not make this logic work. A player could still stack para gems in weapon or ring. Additionally, for the sake of preventing the top 1% of stacking these gems, players want to shoot themselves in the foot? Who in their right mind will pay 30-40m for mythic sets if they are going to be untradeable?

There's already arcane pets for that & planar recipe. I highly doubt players will purchase sets if it means they will never get their money back. Additionally, due to that, the top 1% is still going to buy the mythic gear because they can afford it being non-tradable. The common players will not. So, where does that leave us? Again with a gear gap. As a result, I don't think people should try the futile effort of attempting to stop the top 1%. Money talks and it always will.

2. Investments
Investments go bad all the time. That is a risk that you as an investor are willing to take. Due to STGs notorious habit of releasing investments, I would personally never hold on to an investment for too long. That's a good way to lose money. And, I do not think we should conform opinion due to the remaining few players that do have the investments.

3. Cannot Gem L42-46
I honestly think this is the best case scenario and should be implemented if we truly want a chance at fairness. This switch can be flipped off come the return of Halloween/ursoth.

1. are new mythic set untradeable? how are u sure? we need data

2. no one can invest in a paragem..paragems are not tradeable...they need to farm event to get one(if u were pointing to that many people are saving paragems to sell it in expansion)

3. i agree on the third point that gems should return in events

Maunyabastian
04-30-2015, 09:12 AM
Whew, no gemming at L46?

Add a brand new, cheap, easy to craft, and an untradable/unstashable gem which can only be obtained at L46; and I don't want some "luck-based" systems, they suck and we hate. Maybe 10 Elite Ren'gol runs earned 1/10 ingredients needed. This gem is the combination of Paracelsus and Eye, but not as powerful as them. Maybe 1.0 Damage + 2 All Stats. This gem is limited, only 5 gems available for each character you have.

Enterradora
04-30-2015, 09:14 AM

U didnt understand anything.

First of all i only have 2 items whit para gem, a bow and a gun, and enough in my opinion.

If that gems come back in normal content or un-socketed, ppl who atm is OP whit the abuse of multiple gems, will have the easy work (paying few millions) when new stuff (mythics 46) hit the game.

And then u will see the first weeks that nothing will change, who are rich will still be OP(and now whit mythics 46 para-gemmed/eye) and the rest gonna still need to farm the stuff.

Farminer's
04-30-2015, 09:16 AM
U didnt understand anything.

First of all i only have 2 items whit para gem, a bow and a gun, and enough in my opinion.

If that gems come back in normal content or un-socketed, ppl who atm is OP whit the abuse of multiple gems, will have the easy work (paying few millions) when new stuff (mythics 46) hit the game.

And then u will see the first weeks that nothing will change, who are rich will still be OP(and now whit mythics 46 para-gemmed/eye) and the rest gonna still need to farm the stuff.
The rich have to farm to how you think some got rich? They farmed! Not everyone has the luxury to spend thousands on a game that will most likely go under.

raw
04-30-2015, 09:27 AM
Okay...

2. Investments

3. Cannot Gem L42-46

1. A player who has hoarded para gems on their own account for the past 6 months should be allowed to stack para gems since that's the way they were designed. I never agreed with STG when they designed them this way, but that's the way it is, so no point changing that. I'm not sure where you're getting this 30-40m for mythic sets, but even if that was the case, then only very few players would be able to even afford that without selling majority of their items. The solution to this gear gap is complicated, but first and foremost the new mythic set should be un-tradeable, and farmable - with the option to pay 30-40m if you have the money to spend and no patience to farm/grind. In terms of gems, like Madnex said, the first gem should benefit the player, and the rest should not to avoid stacking.

2. True investments do go bad quite often in this game, and what I've noticed it is threads just like this one that cause STG to do things they shouldnt (i.e. nerf/buff). Eye gems and para gems were limited time event rewards. However, even if they were to come back before the events, what good would that do? Would it really make a difference? Players would just stack even more gems, gem prices would crash (upsetting numerous players), and the top percentage of players who can afford eye/para gems will become even stronger. There is clearly a gem gap between players, but the bigger issue is the pet/gear gap. Gems only separate the top 5% from the top 1%, and the rest of the players are still worrying about how to pay for their pet food, and how to actually make a profit in this game.

3. I disagree. As much as I dislike gems in the first place, this is the way the game is. Having level 42-26 items with no gems will significantly reduce their stats, reducing their desirability.

The issue is insignificant in the grand scheme of things and the solution is simple: release gems during future events as assumed, and make the gems useless beyond the first one so players don't stack them.

All in all, I'm confused as to why you brought this up in the first place since, as you've stated in your previous posts, "you are OP, and you can afford 10 para gems for the expansion."

Best,

Raw

Iinorex
04-30-2015, 09:29 AM
1. those who are rich without spending money are probably playing this game from start when stuff like malison sold for millions because many old player complain how hard it is to make money money now.

2. when someone says para's should me made resocketable they probably have in mind that they will remove their paragem from previuos wep n add it to their new weapon. try thinking how it effect the market n everyone else.

3. gems should come back when it is time.

Dex Scene
04-30-2015, 09:30 AM
I don't think removing gem is a good idea!!!
It will benefit riches more!!
Para items will cost super high!! People will buy all para items and then remove the para!! Oh god, terrible idea!!

Its best the way it is now, They should come only in their events!!
The possible solution would be reduce the damage of para gems which stack!!

Iinorex
04-30-2015, 09:44 AM
1. A player who has hoarded para gems on their own account for the past 6 months should be allowed to stack para gems since that's the way they were designed. I never agreed with STG when they designed them this way, but that's the way it is, so no point changing that. I'm not sure where you're getting this 30-40m for mythic sets, but even if that was the case, then only very few players would be able to even afford that without selling majority of their items. The solution to this gear gap is complicated, but first and foremost the new mythic set should be un-tradeable, and farmable - with the option to pay 30-40m if you have the money to spend and no patience to farm/grind. In terms of gems, like Madnex said, the first gem should benefit the player, and the rest should not to avoid stacking.

2. True investments do go bad quite often in this game, and what I've noticed it is threads just like this one that cause STG to do things they shouldnt (i.e. nerf/buff). Eye gems and para gems were limited time event rewards. However, even if they were to come back before the events, what good would that do? Would it really make a difference? Players would just stack even more gems, gem prices would crash (upsetting numerous players), and the top percentage of players who can afford eye/para gems will become even stronger. There is clearly a gem gap between players, but the bigger issue is the pet/gear gap. Gems only separate the top 5% from the top 1%, and the rest of the players are still worrying about how to pay for their pet food, and how to actually make a profit in this game.

3. I disagree. As much as I dislike gems in the first place, this is the way the game is. Having level 42-26 items with no gems will significantly reduce their stats, reducing their desirability.

All in all, I'm confused as to why you brought this up in the first place. The issue is insignificant and the solution is simple: release gems during future events as assumed, and only allow the first to benefit the account.

Best,

Raw

1. untradeable mythic is bad idea...how will farmers make money..ofourse they have the legendary to farm but u see what happened to the prices of the previous legendary items?secondly suppose u had 30-40mil and u dont like to farm/grind then how are you supposed to get it if they are untradeable?

2. from you first statement gear/pet gap is not a issue...because the best gear cane be farmed and people who are too lazy to farm/grind buy it with 30-40mil gold...its not exactly a gear gap...its that we are "too lazy to farm/grind and we dont have 30-40mil"....for imbued sets i will say that players will get imbued if they open the planar chests not if they sell it in auction

3. who said there are no gems to put on the new items? there are many gems but there are no para gems

Zeus
04-30-2015, 09:48 AM

The issue is insignificant in the grand scheme of things and the solution is simple: release gems during future events as assumed, and make the gems useless beyond the first one so players don't stack them.

All in all, I'm confused as to why you brought this up in the first place since, as you've stated in your previous posts, "you are OP, and you can afford 10 para gems for the expansion."

Best,

Raw

1. If you think new mythic sets will run cheap, then that is a very optimistic approach. Take a look at planar recipe, multiply it by 4. That's how I got to this cost. To make the set non-tradeable would only be shooting many players in the foot. 8m x 4 = 32M

Of course, this price is after months of planar recipe being out. Let's not even talk about recipe price when it was new...

2. Yes, it's something a player should always be prepared for. Investments shouldn't dictate what is healthy for the game and what is not. I've learned this over time. I have quite a number of eye gems invested but if they're re-released, I'm willing to accept that. It's the rule of investments. If one cannot accept this risk, then they shouldn't gamble with their money.

3. What I meant to say is that one cannot use para gems in L42-46 items. I think eye gems are okay because eyes really only become OP w/ the addition of para gems. However, I wouldn't say no to eyes being included in Ravager's suggestion as well.

4. My point, as I stated before, is the time to do any change about paras is now while gear is being outdated. Paras in old gear will become useless anyways and instead of asking for STG to solve this issue later on when players have already gemmed 40M worth of para gems, it would be best to implement now.

Iinorex
04-30-2015, 10:03 AM
para's were not even made to get stacked i think in the first place...thats y theu were made untradeable...goblin event is coming...who knows sts might make a new gem too..its like the story of grasshopper n ant...grasshoppers had fun the whole summer n they didnt have anything to eat in winter whereas ants had fun but also save for winter..except in this case there are no ant..everyone is a grasshopper..people spent 40mil on stuff that was not meant to be sold even after knowing they cannot be removed and new items will come in future but they still did

Spell
04-30-2015, 10:12 AM
para's were not even made to get stacked i think in the first place...thats y theu were made untradeable...goblin event is coming...who knows sts might make a new gem too..its like the story of grasshopper n ant...grasshoppers had fun the whole summer n they didnt have anything to eat in winter whereas ants had fun but also save for winter..except in this case there are no ant..everyone is a grasshopper..people spent 40mil on stuff that was not meant to be sold even after knowing they cannot be removed and new items will come in future but they still did

Lol well put

Maunyabastian
04-30-2015, 10:21 AM
So, after the pet influence in AL over time; and mythics and crafting based on time spent not luck - we talk about the gem disparity.

I'm here, sitting on a chair with a cup of tea, smiling and trying to remember those good old days of AL, where the community was so healthy and very addicting. Now it's just a place for gambling.
They surely need to refresh this game as soon as the new expansion released.

Wutzgood
04-30-2015, 11:04 AM
If para or eyes return before their events there is no reason for sns to not be in locked crates.

Starkinea
04-30-2015, 11:07 AM
Hard to find more selfish thread...
I would say no to the idea of degemming (with recipe or without),
It would be nice if para and eye gems would come back in future events like tarloks

Peace

Kyle Holmes
04-30-2015, 11:22 AM
I've always thought they should include drops to have some gems already attached so you gain a bit of profit from farming. Not paragems, just plain. Also quite rare to drop aswell.

sent from fritters beak

Kingofninjas
04-30-2015, 11:40 AM
1. If you think new mythic sets will run cheap, then that is a very optimistic approach. Take a look at planar recipe, multiply it by 4. That's how I got to this cost. To make the set non-tradeable would only be shooting many players in the foot. 8m x 4 = 32M

Of course, this price is after months of planar recipe being out. Let's not even talk about recipe price when it was new...

2. Yes, it's something a player should always be prepared for. Investments shouldn't dictate what is healthy for the game and what is not. I've learned this over time. I have quite a number of eye gems invested but if they're re-released, I'm willing to accept that. It's the rule of investments. If one cannot accept this risk, then they shouldn't gamble with their money.

3. What I meant to say is that one cannot use para gems in L42-46 items. I think eye gems are okay because eyes really only become OP w/ the addition of para gems. However, I wouldn't say no to eyes being included in Ravager's suggestion as well.

4. My point, as I stated before, is the time to do any change about paras is now while gear is being outdated. Paras in old gear will become useless anyways and instead of asking for STG to solve this issue later on when players have already gemmed 40M worth of para gems, it would be best to implement now.

I think the price tag of 30-40m on a mythic set is unrealistic. Yes, the helm and armor my be worth as much as 10m each, but I sincerely hope sts has learnt from their mistake with the recipe, and the new set will be available through pure farming. Also, we cannot make any conclusions as to whether they will be tradable or not, which will be a deciding factor in setting a price.

Additionally, even with the set bonus, the new mythic ring is unlikely to dethrone the current arcane one, thereby reducing its cost significantly. If the mythic jewelry is class specific, it may not even beat blood ruby and almost surely not planar pendant. I am still not sure that the new amulet will beat planar pendant, even with set bonus.

Kingofninjas
04-30-2015, 11:44 AM
To all those saying that this is a selfish thread, Zeus already stated he has 10 para gems reserved. If he could indeed be one of the few with a maxed para lvl 46 set, why would he even bring this up? Obviously it is not for his own benefit. Additionally, he is open to the idea of not allowing para or eye gems on lvl 42 or higher items, which further clears doubts as to whether the purpose of this thread is self gain or balance.

Iinorex
04-30-2015, 11:54 AM
To all those saying that this is a selfish thread, Zeus already stated he has 10 para gems reserved. If he could indeed be one of the few with a maxed para lvl 46 set, why would he even bring this up? Obviously it is not for his own benefit. Additionally, he is open to the idea of not allowing para or eye gems on lvl 42 or higher items, which further clears doubts as to whether the purpose of this thread is self gain or balance.

he also stated in a thread the he is not able to cross the 835 damage mark because he lacks a para gem in his planar pendant and he cant give anyone to gem it because planar pendants are untradeable...makes me wonder does he really have 10 para gems or did he just say that so that we think the purpose of this thread is not self gain

Kingofninjas
04-30-2015, 11:58 AM
he also stated in a thread the he is not able to cross the 835 damage mark because he lacks a para gem in his planar pendant and he cant give anyone to gem it because planar pendants are untradeable...makes me wonder does he really have 10 para gems or did he just say that so that we think the purpose of this thread is not self gain

Your point is? He can definitely afford at least one para, and its that single para that makes all the difference. Additional ones are not as useful. Once the 46 cap comes para gems prices will skyrocket as only a handful are left and he is one of the few who can obviously afford one.

Iinorex
04-30-2015, 12:13 PM
Your point is? He can definitely afford at least one para, and its that single para that makes all the difference. Additional ones are not as useful. Once the 46 cap comes para gems prices will skyrocket as only a handful are left and he is one of the few who can obviously afford one.

1. my points is that zeus may not have 10 extra paras for him based on what he said in a different thread which ultimately questions the reason for him saying "i have 10 paras for myself what about others?"
2. zeus also said one needs a "stockpile" of paragems in order to benefit from them in his main thread description

Haligali
04-30-2015, 12:14 PM
In new season, the current neglected gems - reinforced fire, glacial, tarlok wisdom, wind - will be more needed, I dont think it's a bad thing. We will see. =)

Dex Scene
04-30-2015, 12:33 PM
para's were not even made to get stacked i think in the first place...thats y theu were made untradeable...

Exactly my point! Thats why, they can increase the first para damage bonus and decrease the damage bonus which stacks!

Edward Coug
04-30-2015, 12:36 PM
Honestly it's not fair to the people who actually saved their paras since October. It was known when para gems came out that they were only available for plat tier during Halloween event. There is no good reason for them to come out before October.

I have to give credit to anyone who did save their para gems. They deserve the high price they are gonna get from them once the new cap comes out. I wouldn't have been able to save mine for that long.

Suggesting ungemming anything is a terrible idea and will never get implemented here. You get one shot per gem. If you put it in a bad item you can only blame yourself.

I think ungemming is a terrible idea as well. Rich get richer.

However, I'm not opposed to para gems appearing in another event sooner than October. The nature of marching and hoarding should be unpredictable. You take a risk when you hoard. Don't feel bad for hoarders. They can sell at any time. The longer they wait, the bigger the reward, but also there is always a risk that an item is reintroduced before you expect it.

There shouldn't be rules about what times of the year rare items can appear. That's just silly.

Kingofninjas
04-30-2015, 01:03 PM
1. my points is that zeus may not have 10 extra paras for him based on what he said in a different thread which ultimately questions the reason for him saying "i have 10 paras for myself what about others?"
2. zeus also said one needs a "stockpile" of paragems in order to benefit from them in his main thread description

That is untrue. He said that many para gems are not as beneficial without eye gems. Eye gems make up for the loss in health and mana that para gems result in, and para gems make up of the loss of damage created as a result of gemming many eye gems into your gear.

Dalmony
04-30-2015, 01:06 PM
To me the best solution definitely seems to be to make the new mythic sets untradeable, but the crafting components tradeable... this is the case with the planar pendant and it hasn't put many players off being desperate to get it, farming hours of arena on end, and paying 10mil+ for a recipe and even more when it was first released.

Otherwise since you are one of very few players who would be able to fully para gem a set if the mythics were to be tradeable: if you so strongly feel like you actually wanna play on a fairer playing field with the rest of the player base because this would somehow enhance your gaming experience or because you want to prove some sort of point.... just don't do it?

Surely the only reason you want to gem your gear with 10 para gems is precisely because of the fact it will make you totally OP with stats leagues above pretty much every other player?

I too kinda fail to see the logic behind this thread: its kind of like "I and an extreme tiny number of players will be able to and intend on abusing para gems again in the new expansion... how do you think you might be able to stop me/us?" :3

Zeus
04-30-2015, 01:16 PM
To me the best solution definitely seems to be to make the new mythic sets untradeable, but the crafting components tradeable... this is the case with the planar pendant and it hasn't put many players off being desperate to get it, farming hours of arena on end, and paying 10mil+ for a recipe and even more when it was first released.

Otherwise since you are one of very few players who would be able to fully para gem a set if the mythics were to be tradeable: if you so strongly feel like you actually wanna play on a fairer playing field with the rest of the player base because this would somehow enhance your gaming experience or because you want to prove some sort of point.... just don't do it?

Surely the only reason you want to gem your gear with 10 para gems is precisely because of the fact it will make you totally OP with stats leagues above pretty much every other player?

I too kinda fail to see the logic behind this thread :3

If the option exists, I am not going to deny myself it. Currently, the option exists to gem multiple para gems. Do I like it? No, but I do what I need to do. However, I believe that others should have that same chance just as I did w/ SnS.

I think you're misunderstanding my point. I do not believe in equality of stats - that in itself is competitiveness. However, I do believe that there should be a chance for everyone to obtain the same stats. That's why I agree on SNS return in the same manner as before. That is why I have made this thread.

By making the mythic sets untradeable, you would be shooting a lot of players in the foot. Again, the minimum these sets are going to cost is 30-40m judging from the planar recipe. So, who in their right mind besides the uber rich is going to permanently lose 40m on a set that is going to be replaced? Not many. Again, this is not a solution.

Sorcerie
04-30-2015, 01:27 PM
Current upgraded mythic set is untradable, so logically, the next set should be as well.

If you have plans on selling anything it should be the various components that are part of the crafting of the new Legenday and Mythic sets. Hell, they could even make it so that the Legendary set is tradeable just like the current dark crystal and imbued sets, since those will be needed as a base for the new mythic sets anyhow (just like the base models of the Uller, Himingleva, and Villi are needed before you upgrade to the 36 set, which are also tradeable).

But lets leave the perfected new mythic set as a bound and untradeable.

Dalmony
04-30-2015, 01:27 PM
To be honest I don't think the first concern of the entire rest of the player base (the ones who are unable to get their hands on para gems) is going to be how to stack their new sets with 10 para gems....

We need to actually earn the set first before we even start thinking about what gems to put into it, and by the time most of us actually earn the set through farming, it will already be October anyway at which point I presume para gems or their new equivalent will be released during the Halloween event.

If the set costs 30mil, anyone who can afford to just buy it outright as soon as possible without bankrupting themselves completely does not belong to the class of players that you are concerned for.

Zeus
04-30-2015, 01:29 PM

I have players that will sell me the gems for 5-6m a piece. Some I have pre-paid for (4), some I have not (6).

Current upgraded mythic set is untradable, so logically, the next set should be as well.

If you have plans on selling anything it should be the various components that are part of the crafting of the new Legenday and Mythic sets. Hell, they could even make it so that the Legendary set is tradeable just like the current dark crystal and imbued sets, since those will be needed as a base for the new mythic sets anyhow (just like the base models of the Uller, Himingleva, and Villi are needed before you upgrade to the 36 set, which are also tradeable).

Current upgraded mythic set was made untradeable because they did not want people crafting sets and selling to make money. That was the only reason and you can quote it, I believe

To be honest I don't think the first concern of the entire rest of the player base (the ones who are unable to get their hands on para gems) is going to be how to stack their new sets with 10 para gems....

We need to actually earn the set first before we even start thinking about what gems to put into it, and by the time most of us actually earn the set through farming, it will already be October anyway at which point I presume para gems or their new equivalent will be released during the Halloween event.

If the set costs 30mil, anyone who can afford to just buy it outright as soon as possible without bankrupting themselves completely does not belong to the class of players that you are concerned for.

If we are talking "outright as soon as possible", then the cost will be a lot higher than 30-40m a set. Take a look @ the imbued set. The potency/brut set was originally 80M. 30-40m is my estimation after depreciation occurs.

Sorcerie
04-30-2015, 01:34 PM
I have players that will sell me the gems for 5-6m a piece. Some I have paid for, some I have not.So then, is this about you being able to give your new mythic set to the persons who're holding your paragems? Because if the new mythic set is untradable you won't be able to stack para's, and if you try to use them on the Legandary set and go to upgrade to the mythic those paras will be lost.

There's a reason those gems weren't tradeable parth, and it's because of stat junkies like you who feel the need to have unchaseable stats.

Sorcerie
04-30-2015, 01:41 PM
Current upgraded mythic set was made untradeable because they did not want people crafting sets and selling to make money. That was the only reason and you can quote it, I believeAnd you're saying you like for the new mythic set to be tradable for that reason? Or for the one I just mentioned?

Zeus
04-30-2015, 01:43 PM
So then, is this about you being able to give your new mythic set to the persons who're holding your paragems? Because if the new mythic set is untradable you won't be able to stack para's, and if you try to use them on the Legandary set and go to upgrade to the mythic those paras will be lost.

There's a reason those gems weren't tradeable parth, and it's because of stat junkies like you who feel the need to have unchaseable stats.

No, the players with these gems are not scammers and I have bought gems from them in the past & most of the suppliers are offering insurance. My point is that para gems make a huge difference and the fact only certain players can have them is an issue. It's the same issue w/ SNS & something you saw me support even when it did not benefit me to have SNS re-released.

You, or anyone else for that matter, cannot stop players from having unchaseable stats. That's the entire point of a MMO. There are still many other factors that will make huge differences: para-gemmed frost bow, para-gemmed arcane ring, para-gemmed planar pendant, Nekro, SNS. The way the game is designed, this will always happen. So, why deny others from having the same chance at obtaining these stats?

Sorcerie
04-30-2015, 01:59 PM
No, the players with these gems are not scammers and I have bought gems from them in the past & most of the suppliers are offering insurance. My point is that para gems make a huge difference and the fact only certain players can have them is an issue. It's the same issue w/ SNS & something you saw me support even when it did not benefit me to have SNS re-released.

You, or anyone else for that matter, cannot stop players from having unchaseable stats. The way the game is designed, this will always happen. So, why deny others from having the same chance at obtaining these stats?The only way to stop players who want unchaseable stats is to put certain check and balances. Making certain gears bound/untradable as well as gems does just that, what you're suggesting is to let you and anyone else who can afford it to run around with 70% - 80% crit and over 1k damage. And this would be fun and fair how?

Dalmony
04-30-2015, 02:00 PM
If the set is untradeable lets face it... people are still going to want it, and the price of its components will be determined by what people are able to and willing to pay as is always the case. If people don't want to or can't match the prices that some are willing to pay for the parts, there will be the farming/crafting route.

It's laughable to imply that people won't be interested if the set is soulbound. You and plenty of others will want to be the first or among the first to acquire the set at all costs, regardless of whether it's tradeable or untradeable.

Zeus
04-30-2015, 02:16 PM
The only way to stop players who want unchaseable stats is to put certain check and balances. Making certain gears bound/untradable as well as gems does just that, what you're suggesting is to let you and anyone else who can afford it to run around with 70% - 80% crit and over 1k damage. And this would be fun and fair how?

Does it stop it? No, it doesn't solve the issue. It just teaches us to stockpile paras to last 2-3 expansions by the time Halloween comes. So, no...you cannot stop goals of players. We all look for different things in game. Personally, I chase stats. The reason is, that way I know if there's a mistake happening w/ my gameplay, I cannot blame it on my stats but must find the true reason.

Anyways, I've said my input and cannot keep repeating myself. It's now up to developers to read the content of this thread and make a decision.

Terminhater
04-30-2015, 04:18 PM
Have para and eyes lootable from arena chest with relevant rarity.

Maunyabastian
04-30-2015, 06:06 PM
Have para and eyes lootable from arena chest with relevant rarity.

Para should come in event. There's already a recipe for Eye.

And for you Zeus, I think you're the only one who play this game mainly for stats.
Is this a show-off thread or like a warning thread to others that you will be the most para-gemmed player? Seriously, if you've already thought about this then why would you buy those paras? If you do care the non-plats then why did you state you've stocked 10 paras? It's just so ridiculous. There is no way out. You aren't new here, if you can't accept our feedbacks, you can simply PM one of those devs, they respond you fast and I know it because you are a massive plat user. Like how you get the Zeus IGN, I thought you were Apollo.

Back to the thread, I already suggested my own idea early. I think that adding new gems is the best option for STS. Don't ruin the past, because we can't. (Don't mind the last sentence.)

Fyrce
04-30-2015, 06:47 PM
He's both Zeus and Apollo.

Players that have been in a game longer will always have an advantage over newer players. That's always the case. You don't start a new game and have all the areas open, all the secrets unlocked, all the gold you want.

It takes time to accumulate it.

They should just release new gems or re-release old gems. The game moves forward and new levels mean new items to gem.

Zeus
04-30-2015, 08:10 PM

And for you Zeus, I think you're the only one who play this game mainly for stats.
Is this a show-off thread or like a warning thread to others that you will be the most para-gemmed player? Seriously, if you've already thought about this then why would you buy those paras? If you do care the non-plats then why did you state you've stocked 10 paras? It's just so ridiculous. There is no way out. You aren't new here, if you can't accept our feedbacks, you can simply PM one of those devs, they respond you fast and I know it because you are a massive plat user. Like how you get the Zeus IGN, I thought you were Apollo.

Back to the thread, I already suggested my own idea early. I think that adding new gems is the best option for STS. Don't ruin the past, because we can't. (Don't mind the last sentence.)

Let the gear come out. When you and others have to compete with maxed para gemmed players with no chance of obtaining your own para gems, then you'll see exactly why I made this thread.

I've had both the IGN Zeus & Apollo since the start of my game.

So, can you please stop instigating?

Helal
04-30-2015, 08:47 PM
Dear STS & community

This post is really good for all, talking about fairness to all players in this game. So that, when we discuss this situation we shouldn't think about us and our benfits we should think about each player in this game because we are talking about fairness.

First of all, I think we have alot of gems in last 12 month, we got para gems and after that we got enchaned eye gems, so that when the game release gems in short period the poor players will not get any benfits, because they trying to use the previous gems to increase there strength, so they buy it and they did not use it,, so where is the fair. So I Think STS should give enough time to poor player use there gems.

Second, talk about releasing new gems only rich player who got the gems for free from events and sell it for poor players untill rich players be happy from getting money, and they think they are enough,so, they will ask for another new gems to get more and more money..

Hint: most of players who has this gems and they didn't use it yet poor player in this game so you should think about them. So "new gems no benefits" for them.

This is my point

So that when we talk about fairness we shouldn't talk about gems.. No point... is that right ?
The important case is pets... In PVP game the player who has (nekro) pet will never ever lose !! And it cost alot of money only rich player can get this pet. So that, its eliminate fun and challenge in this game.. And am planning to write new post about this case.

Best regards

Ipoopsy
04-30-2015, 08:59 PM
I agree with you Ark. This is a pointless thread. Those gems should never come back period. If you happened to save those gems, more powered to you.

As this game progress, and lvl gets higher, everyone will have a fair chance at similar stats and gears (with future gears/items), except for a very select few who save their gems. But, eventually those gems will be depleted.

Like you said, people, who like to show off or the filthy rich wants them back so they can bragged about how OP their characters are.

Kriticality
04-30-2015, 09:14 PM
This is turning into nerf op player thread. There is a benefit to having more gold. Buying what you want is that benefit.

The point should never be to give to poor and take away from rich. The point should be to give to everyone.

Everyone was allowed to run for para gems and eye gems.

People say para gems weren't meant to be stacked but I remember interactive convos with devs about multiple paras. That's why first one gives different stats than the others. Also a very interactive convo about eye gems. You will be playing catch up to people that started before you or people that spend more money than you or people that grind harder/faster than you.

Fact is, there is a gem disparity. How anyone wants to fix that or not is what this thread is about.

Wutzgood
04-30-2015, 09:14 PM
Does it stop it? No, it doesn't solve the issue. It just teaches us to stockpile paras to last 2-3 expansions by the time Halloween comes. So, no...you cannot stop goals of players. We all look for different things in game. Personally, I chase stats. The reason is, that way I know if there's a mistake happening w/ my gameplay, I cannot blame it on my stats but must find the true reason.

Anyways, I've said my input and cannot keep repeating myself. It's now up to developers to read the content of this thread and make a decision.

Yep this is exactly why I have 14 characters waiting for the Halloween event. But I realize I have to wait till then for para gems. Releasing them before then doesn't make much sense.

Bellaelda
04-30-2015, 09:35 PM
Wow... So many rants on here about the rich... Don't think that's the point of this thread but to solve that problem...

Dear sts... Please nerf Zeus...

Hehe... Just kidding :-)

I agree with you Ark. This is a pointless thread. Those gems should never come back period. If you happened to save those gems, more powered to you.

As this game progress, and lvl gets higher, everyone will have a fair chance at similar stats and gears (with future gears/items), except for a very select few who save their gems. But, eventually those gems will be depleted.

Like you said, people, who like to show off or the filthy rich wants them back so they can bragged about how OP their characters are.

If these gems (or something comparable) don't return to game at some point... then anybody wanting to create a new twink will have no chance of competing with players that were around for event last year.

Also I don't think there's anything at all wrong with people wanting to make their toon as strong and competitive as possible... That's kinda the whole point to RPG games.

I have no problem if gems (and discontinued pets, hehe) come around annually during events or in whatever way sts decides to re-release them!

I think the whole point of this thread is just to find out and voice this issue... that we don't want top gems being unavailable forever!

... since we haven't gotten any word from sts concerning if these gems will be back at all (either during events or in some other way) ... or if something comparable will be taking its place.... I think that's the real question here

Oursizes
04-30-2015, 09:58 PM
I can't see clearly if the creator of this thread is trying to brag about his op stats, gold, and dollar bills, or trying to get flamed on, on purpose.
All jokes aside, I agree with what Ravagerx has stated. Not letting para/eye gems in lv42+ equips will definitely close part of the gap between the rich and poor. Then, it will just be who has best gears and a nekro, which will still be the very rich players. If only this can be fixed... Maybe add actual QUESTS to achieve a weapon and/or pet that will be on par or close to( not 690 damage below) the best gears next expansion. However these would be untradable and unstashable, and can be only done one time. So if you sell your item and remap, sucks to be you. This would give f2p players a chance to see what PvP is like, and get invites for endgame elites. Plat is supposed to be a way for people to get ahead of others, not tower over them and force choke them to death or anything. I do hope sts actually tests the new expansion(lol, when did they ever test anything!) Before releasing it. This way plat players keep shelling out their money and f2p players can play this game for once.

Dex Scene
05-01-2015, 12:35 AM
The gems should come back at their events only!

If paras never come back, then we want probably better twink items than DWS, SS, LURID, UMBRAL, TARKOK AMU, VORPAL, WINTERSTAR, POWER RING etc.
There are lots of people who had them with para then they thought to take a break from pvp and sold the items. Then if para gems are announced to never come back, those items will get super costlier and out of reach.
Endgamers will move on but twink pvp will be kind of destroyed.
i know some new players and good farmers who are eagerly waiting for Halloween events to hand on their para!

The more supply of para, eye gems, the gaps between stats will be lessen in long run!

I would like to see increasing of first para damage which don't stack and lower damage bonus of para which stacks.
like currently para gem gives what 7 damage? Its 5 (non stackable)+2 (stackable) damage.
it can be 6 (non stackable) + 1 (stackable)??
Or probably 6.5+ .5??
that way people would hand on para but won't stack it.

Iinorex
05-01-2015, 12:38 AM

the previous mythic pendant was tradeable so logically the new planar pendant should also been tradeable

Iinorex
05-01-2015, 12:41 AM
So then, is this about you being able to give your new mythic set to the persons who're holding your paragems? Because if the new mythic set is untradable you won't be able to stack para's, and if you try to use them on the Legandary set and go to upgrade to the mythic those paras will be lost.

zeus is not a stat junkie....he does what is possible for him to do...if you had 200mil will you wear druid and roam arlor?

supersyan
05-01-2015, 12:45 AM
If these gems (or something comparable) don't return to game at some point... then anybody wanting to create a new twink will have no chance of competing with players that were around for event last year

This isn't true. If better gear comes out like in previous events for twinks then the players with new gear have advantage over players with old gear.

Iinorex
05-01-2015, 12:47 AM

why are you blaming zeus that he has 10 paras reserved for him...he didnot buy paras with platinum...even he got only one para in the event...the sellers sold him para thats y he bought it because he has the capability to buy it...if zeus gave you 6mil for a para will you not sell it? then later complain that you dont have any para

Iinorex
05-01-2015, 12:50 AM
Yep this is exactly why I have 14 characters waiting for the Halloween event. But I realize I have to wait till then for para gems. Releasing them before then doesn't make much sense.

see you habe 14 character waiting means you want to get 14 paragems....after you sell you paragems dont complain that you dont have a paragem and the rich had paragems stacked in items

supersyan
05-01-2015, 12:52 AM
All jokes aside, I agree with what Ravagerx has stated. Not letting para/eye gems in lv42+ equips will definitely close part of the gap between the rich and poor.
I disagree. There may be some players who want to paragem (which they obtained running event last event) their gears until they can afford a good gear. So not letting para/eyegems in lvl42+ equips is a bad idea. What they do with that gem then?

Iinorex
05-01-2015, 12:54 AM
I can't see clearly if the creator of this thread is trying to brag about his op stats, gold, and dollar bills, or trying to get flamed on, on purpose.
All jokes aside, I agree with what Ravagerx has stated. Not letting para/eye gems in lv42+ equips will definitely close part of the gap between the rich and poor. Then, it will just be who has best gears and a nekro, which will still be the very rich players. If only this can be fixed... Maybe add actual QUESTS to achieve a weapon and/or pet that will be on par or close to( not 690 damage below) the best gears next expansion. However these would be untradable and unstashable, and can be only done one time. So if you sell your item and remap, sucks to be you. This would give f2p players a chance to see what PvP is like, and get invites for endgame elites. Plat is supposed to be a way for people to get ahead of others, not tower over them and force choke them to death or anything. I do hope sts actually tests the new expansion(lol, when did they ever test anything!) Before releasing it. This way plat players keep shelling out their money and f2p players can play this game for once.

zeus didnot brag about his stats...he only described about all the gems in the game and how other gems are useless except para, eye, reinforced blood....it is the others who came up with ideas like ungemming para gems and he just agreed with it because everyone will want it to happen...but if we see the ungemming thing not throught personal point of view but how it will effect the community n gear gap then it is a bad idea

Robhawk
05-01-2015, 12:54 AM
The point should never be to give to poor and take away from rich. The point should be to give to everyone.

This is a little offtopic now but:

You can adept that to the real world! The rich (FED in 1. position in US, EZB in europe) dont want to give anything (they take away every day!!!) away and children around the world starve to death!

I know this comparison is a little bit strange...

Do you really think arcane legends is fun when only the 1% of rich players are there and all others left? It wont be fun when you enter a room and have to wait 30 minutes for someone else to join... after several fights its obvious that both have same gear, nearly same skill and who wins is just based on luck...

Dont get me wrong, this no offense at all - just something to think about.

regards, Rob

ps: live and let live!

Iinorex
05-01-2015, 01:20 AM
this thread have two debates :
1. Paragems -

1.1> Ungemming - It is overall a bad idea. Some may agree to it because they might have some para gem in their lv41 gear and will want to add it to their lv46 gear. But there are also some players who wants to make money. So they will sell it and only the players with most money can buy it. It will not make the OP players more OP but now if 20% of the players have paras then only 5% will have it. Today is May.Six months left till halloween. Expansion is also not getting released so soon so there is still time.Many say "what about the new players?How will they get paragems.?" But even if paras are made tradeable n ungem possible new players cannot buy it. And also of the set of the strong players will already be para'd only need for armour.

1.2> Paragemming lv46 stuff - Many people complain about that it shouldnot happen. But why blame the people who can buy it. Because they are doing what they can do. Also blame the sellers for selling para gems. Everyplayer can farm only one para gem per char. Everyone can stack paragems if they wanted. If zeus farmed his paragems then he earned and no one should blame him for stacking para gems and if he bought it no one should blame him because sellers sold him. Even a gobling event is coming who knows sts might introduce a new gem too.

*I just had a thought that all gems should have a bonus on the first gem not only para and eye

2. Mythic armour -

2.1> Untradeable mythic - Many say new mythic should be untradeable. And that the components to craft should be tradeable n farmable. I think both mythic and their components should be farmable and should drop from different parts of the map not only one map. Just saying if it only drops from planar all players will grind planar and the prices of planar chest, planar items will drop too. But if it is spread then there will be less players in each man so less other items in market n the prices will be balanced for small items too. Most people want mythic set to be untradeable because rich players will buy it for 40mil and there will be gear gap. But suppose i get a mythic set then someone can buy from me if i wish to sell it he/she cannot take it from me. And as for the price it is us who can decide the price. Even if the first 10 sets get sold for 50mil if they are not that OP their prices will automatically get reduce. And since there is so much talk about class balance and gear gap I have a personal feeling that the new mythic and legendary will not be that much different in stats. So the prices may not be high

This is what i think

Kriticality
05-01-2015, 01:33 AM
This is a little offtopic now but:

You can adept that to the real world! The rich (FED in 1. position in US, EZB in europe) dont want to give anything (they take away every day!!!) away and children around the world starve to death!

I know this comparison is a little bit strange...

Do you really think arcane legends is fun when only the 1% of rich players are there and all others left? It wont be fun when you enter a room and have to wait 30 minutes for someone else to join... after several fights its obvious that both have same gear, nearly same skill and who wins is just based on luck...

Dont get me wrong, this no offense at all - just something to think about.

regards, Rob

ps: live and let live!

I wouldn't know. I chose the level at which I want to compete at by laying out a lot of money. I have many friends in game and on this thread. It's likely I don't farm as much as the elite pve guilds but I've still logged ~1200+ arena runs and who knows how many tombs runs so I wouldn't say I'm a lazy plat spender either. Many people will attest to that. Everyone that's under geared thinks the reason they can't compete is gear. To some extent that is true. I don't consider myself in the top 1 % (I borrow gold and have less than 4m currently). If I am considered that by other people, they will certainly see or hear if they ask that I give a lot to many people for nothing. I paid money in this game not to compete with lesser geared players but to compete with the most geared people in the game. I believe in fairness and equality. I hope that everyone else does as well.

If someone thinks that they should have what I have and run less and spend less, that's not equality. I believe in equal opportunity. Not that everyone should have the same but that everyone has the same avenues to obtain the same. We are in the same guild. Watch my vids as proof that even though I spent crazy money and farmed crazy hours for my stuff, I still gear down against rings and nekros.

I don't attribute my losses or victories to luck. Especially when score margins are in the 50-200 kill difference range. If one would argue it's based on gear, watch my vids.

I don't need to spend money on ankhs and elixirs. I do better than break even farming, even just arena. I may or may not need an ankh for a full arena run. Same goes for tombs. There's not a chance they could get my money at this point unless there was some advantage.

The good thing about luck systems is that it functions as a lottery. I think the rng should be adjusted but it's important. Recipes are still 6-8m right now. If it were obtainable after 1000 runs, I'd imagine if would be 2-3m instead.

Sorry for the derailment of this thread. This is my second rant. I will stop now. if a mod thinks this inappropriate, pls remove it.

Ssneakykills
05-01-2015, 02:06 AM
I Prefered it when the only gems available were tarlok gems and normal fire/glacial/blood gems

Wutzgood
05-01-2015, 05:10 AM
see you habe 14 character waiting means you want to get 14 paragems....after you sell you paragems dont complain that you dont have a paragem and the rich had paragems stacked in items

Lol I won't be selling mine unless they are made tradeable. Those 14 are for my equip.

Oursizes
05-01-2015, 05:42 AM
I wouldn't know. I chose the level at which I want to compete at by laying out a lot of money. I have many friends in game and on this thread. It's likely I don't farm as much as the elite pve guilds but I've still logged ~1200+ arena runs and who knows how many tombs runs so I wouldn't say I'm a lazy plat spender either. Many people will attest to that. Everyone that's under geared thinks the reason they can't compete is gear. To some extent that is true. I don't consider myself in the top 1 % (I borrow gold and have less than 4m currently). If I am considered that by other people, they will certainly see or hear if they ask that I give a lot to many people for nothing. I paid money in this game not to compete with lesser geared players but to compete with the most geared people in the game. I believe in fairness and equality. I hope that everyone else does as well.

If someone thinks that they should have what I have and run less and spend less, that's not equality. I believe in equal opportunity. Not that everyone should have the same but that everyone has the same avenues to obtain the same. We are in the same guild. Watch my vids as proof that even though I spent crazy money and farmed crazy hours for my stuff, I still gear down against rings and nekros.

I don't attribute my losses or victories to luck. Especially when score margins are in the 50-200 kill difference range. If one would argue it's based on gear, watch my vids.

I don't need to spend money on ankhs and elixirs. I do better than break even farming, even just arena. I may or may not need an ankh for a full arena run. Same goes for tombs. There's not a chance they could get my money at this point unless there was some advantage.

The good thing about luck systems is that it functions as a lottery. I think the rng should be adjusted but it's important. Recipes are still 6-8m right now. If it were obtainable after 1000 runs, I'd imagine if would be 2-3m instead.

Sorry for the derailment of this thread. This is my second rant. I will stop now. if a mod thinks this inappropriate, pls remove it.

So basically you're trying to say that if people don't buy plat, then they shouldn't even have a chance to compare with higher geared players? Its an mmo ffs.. Everyones supposed to have a chance to compete. So much goes for your fairness and equality.

EQT
05-01-2015, 07:22 AM
Why need to change the gem circulation, just wait for the next events when they come back. There is no need to over complicate the situation. The current circulation makes an ideal market for such items and it would be wrong to re introduce them which causes the current items to plummet.

Ssneakykills
05-01-2015, 07:49 AM
Why need to change the gem circulation, just wait for the next events when they come back. There is no need to over complicate the situation. The current circulation makes an ideal market for such items and it would be wrong to re introduce them which causes the current items to plummet.

Problem is most of these 'new' gems such as para gems and eye gems make an unbalance in pvp and making an item such as para gem untradable makes it even worse and bridges a bigger gap in stats between players

Zynzyn
05-01-2015, 08:03 AM
When the events come back, so will the above mentioned OP gems. Everybody that missed the bus, can acquire them then. I think I dont have enough and I am waiting too.

OP's point is that these gems are no longer available to all and that is unfair. I am totally in for an early Para+ Eye lootable gem event where everybody can loot the gem again.

Sorcerie
05-01-2015, 08:51 AM
the previous mythic pendant was tradeable so logically the new planar pendant should also been tradeableLol, sarcasm noted, but smart assing aside, this is a discussion about the current and future gem and gear issues in the game, and truth be told, Zeus is one of the players who stands to benefit from this the most in both aspects. I'm just trying figure out if this is about letting everyone have the same opportunity at achieving stats (by making those gems available again) or if it's about removing the gear and gem restrictions that have been in place to mediate ridiculous profits or vastly OP stats.

If it's about gems, let them come with their respective events. No sense in re-introducing them sooner because part of being a veteran of games like this is to have certain items that give you and edge, and by re-distributing them sooner it does allow for the new players to achieve similar stats and get their hands on what they've missed, but the other side of that coin is that the players that already have them will get their hands on more, which doesn't really fix the disparity in the long run.

And if it's about the new upgraded mythic set being tradable, it shouldn't be. Because as Zeus said, the reason they didn't allow for the current upgraded mythic set to be tradeable was because they didn't want people farming mythic armors from locked, upgrading, then selling them for crazy profits. But for the new upgraded sets we're supposed to allow for this? I humbly disagree. The components and the Legendary sets are more than sufficient and should function as highly valuable, sellable, and profitable items for everyone.

Futhermore, by keeping them untradeable it prevents players from creating certain gear set-ups that give outrageous advantages over others, for example, a set up of 15 para gems on top of a hefty set bonus that will be part of the new set, not to mention certain pet bonuses *cough SnS* which only pushes that even further. I'm all for stats, but I know a broken scenario when I see one, and making the full new upgraded myth set tradeable will only open the door to that, esp with a raw damage buff like the para gem. That being said, if they decide that the new amulet and ring could allow for this by making those two items tradeable, fine, that's three out of five pieces of gear that have that kind of stat potential, but there has to be a line somewhere and I think the upgraded mythic armors is a good stopping point.

Zeus
05-01-2015, 11:04 AM
Lol, sarcasm noted, but smart assing aside, this is a discussion about the current and future gem and gear issues in the game, and truth be told, Zeus is one of the players who stands to benefit from this the most in both aspects. I'm just trying figure out if this is about letting everyone have the same opportunity at achieving stats (by making those gems available again) or if it's about removing the gear and gem restrictions that have been in place to mediate ridiculous profits or vastly OP stats.

If it's about gems, let them come with their respective events. No sense in re-introducing them sooner because part of being a veteran of games like this is to have certain items that give you and edge, and by re-distributing them sooner it does allow for the new players to achieve similar stats and get their hands on what they've missed, but the other side of that coin is that the players that already have them will get their hands on more, which doesn't really fix the disparity in the long run.

And if it's about the new upgraded mythic set being tradable, it shouldn't be. Because as Zeus said, the reason they didn't allow for the current upgraded mythic set to be tradeable was because they didn't want people farming mythic armors from locked, upgrading, then selling them for crazy profits. But for the new upgraded sets we're supposed to allow for this? I humbly disagree. The components and the Legendary sets are more than sufficient and should function as highly valuable, sellable, and profitable items for everyone.

Futhermore, by keeping them untradeable it prevents players from creating certain gear set-ups that give outrageous advantages over others, for example, a set up of 15 para gems on top of a hefty set bonus that will be part of the new set, not to mention certain pet bonuses *cough SnS* which only pushes that even further. I'm all for stats, but I know a broken scenario when I see one, and making the full new upgraded myth set tradeable will only open the door to that, esp with a raw damage buff like the para gem. That being said, if they decide that the new amulet and ring could allow for this by making those two items tradeable, fine, that's three out of five pieces of gear that have that kind of stat potential, but there has to be a line somewhere and I think the upgraded mythic armors is a good stopping point.

If part of being a veteran is having an edge, then nobody should complain about having SNS remain discontinued, correct? It should be logical for both situatuons.

Yes, the solution will benefit me. I am not denying this. However, not implementing the solution still benefits me as well in the sense that anyone else will not be able to keep up. So, is there a difference? I think not. If I'm offering 5-6m per para gem, who else will the remaining para gem sellers sell to besides me? I've already had a few people contact me due to this thread and we've negotiated deals. Will anybody else be able to? No, so not implementing me benefits only me. Implementing benefits me, you, and others as well. Make sense? Either way, I'm winning in either situation.

The difference between the last set and the current set is that when they announced upgradeable mythics, supply was already existing. Anyone could buy stockpiles of material and craft for profit. This is vastly different than gear that is not even released yet.

Lastly, the mythic set being untradeable will not stop people from stacking para gems. It will only delay the onset. As I mentioned before, players will just stack enough gems to gem the set come Halloween and the next set after that set in preparation that the sets will again be untradeable. It is not a solution, just slowing down the inevitable.

Again, I repeat myself, nobody besides developers can stop other players from chasing OP stats the way that the current gem system is. My solution is just proposing an equal opportunity for everyone to chase the OP stats.

Iinorex
05-01-2015, 11:37 AM
If part of being a veteran is having an edge, then nobody should complain about having SNS remain discontinued, correct? It should be logical for both situatuons.

Yes, the solution will benefit me. I am not denying this. However, not implementing the solution still benefits me as well in the sense that anyone else will not be able to keep up. So, is there a difference? I think not. If I'm offering 5-6m per para gem, who else will the remaining para gem sellers sell to besides me? I've already had a few people contact me due to this thread and we've negotiated deals. Will anybody else be able to? No, so not implementing me benefits only me. Implementing benefits me, you, and others as well. Make sense? Either way, I'm winning in either situation.

The difference between the last set and the current set is that when they announced upgradeable mythics, supply was already existing. Anyone could buy stockpiles of material and craft for profit. This is vastly different than gear that is not even released yet.

Lastly, the mythic set being untradeable will not stop people from stacking para gems. It will only delay the onset. As I mentioned before, players will just stack enough gems to gem the set come Halloween and the next set after that set in preparation that the sets will again be untradeable. It is not a solution, just slowing down the inevitable.

Again, I repeat myself, nobody besides developers can stop other players from chasing OP stats the way that the current gem system is. My solution is just proposing an equal opportunity for everyone to chase the OP stats.

what is ur solution?

Zylx
05-01-2015, 12:20 PM
I'm going to reinstate my opinion and say that we need more equality. Equal work = equal rewards and I know dam right a lot of players who work a lot harder than some of the top players. The best items in the game should at all times be obtainable. How are the newer players ever going to catch up to players with SnS, and dozens of eyes/paras? With the considerable edge given to these players, the game remains unfair to those who work their butts off and discouraging to the new players when they realise they are unable to become the best

Zeus
05-01-2015, 12:22 PM
what is ur solution?

Powerful gems like these should not be exclusive to only events, but lootable through farming. If that isn't a good solution for some, particularly investors, then I also really like Ravagerx's solution where paras and eyes cannot be used on L42+ items.

Iinorex
05-01-2015, 12:59 PM
Powerful gems like these should not be exclusive to only events, but lootable through farming. If that isn't a good solution for some, particularly investors, then I also really like Ravagerx's solution where paras and eyes cannot be used on L42+ items.

oh lol i thought u were for ungemming para gems till now....yeah lootable para gem is a good idea

Anyona
05-01-2015, 01:43 PM
I was unfortunately unable to play both the Halloween and Winter event. So I haven't been able to acquire these powerful gems, especially the para gem. I would love to see these gems placed into the loot table of maybe arena chests and/or planar tomb chests. This will also be another source of income and something to farm whilst waiting for the expansion. With being able to farm these, para gems should still be untradeable.

e'dria♡
05-01-2015, 01:45 PM
make the para gems lootable in new elite maps this expansion. lel

Bellaelda
05-01-2015, 03:26 PM
Yup...

I'm a strong proponent that top gear, items, and pets should be available in the loot table!!!!

There's many ways they could be added in...

Rare arena drops...
Rare boss drops...
A daily log in bonus lottery... (personal favorite idea... current dailies suck)
And more....

Yes these items should be very rare, but they should be out there!!!

... It really sucks as a player when you find out that no matter how hard you work you can't obtain something!

twoxc
05-01-2015, 04:28 PM

powerful gems should only allow to use on stuff within their seasons xD.

Kyle Holmes
05-01-2015, 11:13 PM
I think they should be dropped in arena but with a little less power than the event ones

sent from fritters beak

Dex Scene
05-01-2015, 11:54 PM
I think they should be dropped in arena but with a little less power than the event ones

sent from fritters beak
Bad idea bro... the RNG is very bad idea to implement against para gems!

Kyle Holmes
05-02-2015, 12:41 AM
Bad idea bro... the RNG is very bad idea to implement against para gems!
Yeah your right. Maybe they could add it in for an award, let's say so many runs will award a part gem, would take the luck out of it then.

sent from fritters beak

Dex Scene
05-02-2015, 12:54 AM
Yeah your right. Maybe they could add it in for an award, let's say so many runs will award a part gem, would take the luck out of it then.

sent from fritters beak
Iam okay if luck is out of it. Hard work can reward the gem. But I think its best if its kept only in halloween events!! People would know them as comes once a year!!

If there's problem in stacking the para, people stack them to get the 2 damage of paras which stacks.
Lowering the stackable damage of para would be my bet!

Earlingstad
05-02-2015, 02:48 AM
Para Gems and Eye gems were already nerfed after they came out. And a long time has passed, people spent millions of gold in acquiring these gems and gemmed their gear. Nerfing the gem again will be like duping the players who invested time, effort and gold into acquiring their gem. They were special platinum tier loot and everybody had the chance at looting them.

Then we can bring up the topic that new players cannot keep up with these gems. Well new players cannot INSTANTLY be at par with old players ofcourse. Not only event gems, all players have to wait even to loot an arcane pet. The truth is we all wait, we work for it and we wait some more and we work some more till we sort out our gear. These special event gems will probably come back again in the future events. New players can wait until then.

If in a situation, sts includes these special event gems in the PVE loot table ( promised to players at that time as event-only gems) it will basically indicate that what is officially announced and released cannot be trusted at all and where there is no trust there is no future investment from players. Releasing special event gems for looting in pve maps will be like releasing SNS into locked crates.

What is powerful needs to be kept limited in supply. Zeus said that only he can afford to pay 5-6m per para gem. So there we have it. While most players can acquire one, two or three, only Zeus and the like (who are very few) can actually afford to be highly OP by stacking these gems. At the moment the number is pretty low. And if nobody can beat this very limited number of OP players, fair enough. I accept that. They paid for their gems in either time and effort or money. They deserve their wins. Thank goodness there are not several Zeuses around.

On the topic of the ability to ungem a para or eye from the equipment - this does not solve anything except enabling people to store para gems for fresh gear from the new expansion. If old gems would be usable then who will do events again this year? Event gems from past events need to be used up and they need to get extinct that way until the next event comes.

A lot of time have passed since these gems came out. They should be left as they are - event gems. A fresh supply will create chaos. The supply just needs to dwindle actually and they should only come back in the next event.

Abersit
05-02-2015, 05:15 AM
In my opinion , bringing back these gems out of their event time is not a good idea., but will be cool if STS create something similar or better for the next goblin and ursoth events (hopely coming before the expansion ). and also unsocketing these gems by using recipe or whatever is not a good idea , cos it will give other players opportunity to buy items with para , unsocket em and hoard them.

Bellaelda
05-02-2015, 06:09 AM
Then we can bring up the topic that new players cannot keep up with these gems. Well new players cannot INSTANTLY be at par with old players ofcourse. Not only event gems, all players have to wait even to loot an arcane pet. The truth is we all wait, we work for it and we wait some more and we work some more till we sort out our gear. These special event gems will probably come back again in the future events. New players can wait until then.

If in a situation, sts includes these special event gems in the PVE loot table ( promised to players at that time as event-only gems) it will basically indicate that what is officially announced and released cannot be trusted at all and where there is no trust there is no future investment from players. Releasing special event gems for looting in pve maps will be like releasing SNS into locked crates.

1)...IMO... people shouldn't have to wait a year or more, but that's not important or relevant to this thread... If people have to wait that's fine, but they should ALWAYS have an opportunity to get the best stuff at some point in their lives... Discontinuing top items prevents that!

2)...What is important is that Sts hasn't said that these gems or any other top gear will be returning annually or at all!!!....

Actually what they have done is stated in other threads that many of these other lb prizes (like sns) will not be returning this year!...

So the question on this thread is will Para gems be coming back

Trojan2100
05-02-2015, 07:16 AM
I am amazed ppl still talking about SnS and para gem . Let me guess only reason these issues pops up because of pvp . Don't pvp problem solved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wutzgood
05-02-2015, 07:31 AM
I am amazed ppl still talking about SnS and para gem . Let me guess only reason these issues pops up because of pvp . Don't pvp problem solved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once call of champions comes out no one will be playing pvp in al. This will become full pve and pvp players will flock to the new game. Then having op stats won't matter since it will only benefit the pve team. Just my opinion but most likely it will happen.

Iinorex
05-02-2015, 08:07 AM
Once call of champions comes out no one will be playing pvp in al. This will become full pve and pvp players will flock to the new game. Then having op stats won't matter since it will only benefit the pve team. Just my opinion but most likely it will happen.

pvp in coc n al are different

Niixed
05-02-2015, 03:22 PM
I'm a latecomer to this thread, but it's such an important issue it's still worth throwing my 2 cents in.

As many have already said the essential problem is scarcity, that since the gems were only available during events the supply dries up and the few left become astronomically expensive and largely unavailable to new players. Less wealthy new players come to resent the wealthier old players' access to better items and (rightfully) cry "unfair!" Arcane Legends' feels less inviting to new players because it's practically impossible to obtain the power level of the older players. This is NOT a good situation considering the income growth of an MMO usually comes from the NEW players. Perhaps STS sees this as an incentive to play longer or a reward for staying 'with' AL, but it's actually a disincentive and it makes older players a target for negative backlash.

Cutting off players' ability to farm more of the Awesome New Event Item results in economic and social turmoil, but there is a better way.

Proposal for STS: During an event, keep things the same but AFTER the event merely make the item more difficult to obtain. AND, for the Love of Pete do this RETROACTIVELY! YES, that means make all the past event gems and pets available NOW (asap).

It's kinda ridiculous not to use the content that you (STS) spent so much capital in creating. Nearly every player wants a 'job' to do to make money in game, why not give us the farming jobs we want especially when it would cost so little on your part? We're sick of farming Locked. EVERYONE would be happier (more like overjoyed), old players and new players alike. You'd make money on the stuff we're gonna need to farm, so it's a win-win-win situation.

There. 2 cents officially thrown in. :)

JohnnyHardcore
05-02-2015, 04:37 PM

Lmao. All I can think when I read this is...

Boom. Zeus just threw a thunderbolt.

Then, in a nutshell, it reads off as "I'm ALREADY Zeus, peasant!. Don't pretend I want to be MORE Zeus. Zeus serves the people."

Ardbeg
05-02-2015, 05:18 PM
Lmao. All I can think when I read this is...

Boom. Zeus just threw a thunderbolt.

Then, in a nutshell, it reads off as "I'm ALREADY Zeus, peasant!. Don't pretend I want to be MORE Zeus. Zeus serves the people."

it s not that easy. para gems and eye gems were made stackable under the premisse, that the tradeoff is too much for a big number of them to be desirable. however with high profile items like arcane ring or last-gen arcane pets that s not the case. try not to discuss the player zeus, but the consequences for current and following player generations.

my personal view is this: introducing para gems was an error, exactly because they stack better then expected. ravagers suggestion to let them die by limiting them to level 41- is good. it hurts some hoarders, but it is still good damage control, as twink items already are discontinued, and simply releasing some items with better stats on low levels could clear this.

if they should come back, i am voting to add them to arena master chests and lockeds as a very rare loot, since their effect on gameplay is way too high, to not let them be available to all players (and lockeds need a new loot table anyway).

Kriticality
05-02-2015, 06:40 PM
it s not that easy. para gems and eye gems were made stackable under the premisse, that the tradeoff is too much for a big number of them to be desirable. however with high profile items like arcane ring or last-gen arcane pets that s not the case. try not to discuss the player zeus, but the consequences for current and following player generations.

my personal view is this: introducing para gems was an error, exactly because they stack better then expected. ravagers suggestion to let them die by limiting them to level 41- is good. it hurts some hoarders, but it is still good damage control, as twink items already are discontinued, and simply releasing some items with better stats on low levels could clear this.

if they should come back, i am voting to add them to arena master chests and lockeds as a very rare loot, since their effect on gameplay is way too high, to not let them be available to all players (and lockeds need a new loot table anyway).

Legit response. Have a thanks sir.

Farminer's
05-02-2015, 06:44 PM

I agree with this post right here.

Arpluvial
05-02-2015, 07:49 PM
Hey guys,

Let's make sure to keep our posts constructive. There is some great feedback and discussion on this thread so far.

Niixed
05-02-2015, 10:07 PM

Para gems are such a contentious issue because the supply is severely limited, both by the tradability limit and by the lack of availability. If they were widely available for a reasonable price, it would enable most players to stay competitive. If 'everyone' has one (or three or whatever), it ceases to be an issue.

The para gem stacking mechanics should be reviewed by developers and altered, if necessary. For example reducing the stackable damage from 2.0 to 1.0 and increasing the one time bonus from 5.0 to 6.0 may better balance para gems in relation to other gems.

The problem started with placing an artificial limitation on para gems, I just don't think it'll be solved with more artificial limitations.

Zynzyn
05-03-2015, 02:27 AM
Having read all the feedback till now, I have a middle ground solution to suggest. --

Event gems should remain as event loot, as promised
1. I do not think event gems were an error on STS's part. I support their decision and they did make it available to all running the events. Everybody had a fair chance to loot it. Paracelsus gems and Eye gems are already out, have been traded around, invested in, so lets let them stay as they are. The supply of these event gems will eventually decline as time passes. But if twinks feel that they need para gems, I see loads of para gem and eye gemmed twink items for sale in auction. Chance to loot these gems are gone but para gem items are around for purchase. So why not save up gold and buy? I dont see the problem here unless the real problem in the game is "we do not like to wait, so how to make gold quickly?". And the next Halloween and Winter events can again release these event gems again as event rewards, if sts chooses.

And,

New Gem idea for new level-cap Gear
2. Lvl 42 upwards new gear should be such that they cannot be gemmed with para and eye. BUT a new elite gem can be released, a single one of which is somewhat better than paracelsus and eye together. Maybe it could be a combination of para and eye, idk. Open to suggestions. So this NEW GEM can be made available in the loot table for farmers - be it in arena or new elites. There farmers get a bone! But since this gem will be very powerful it should be forged ONLY on lvl 42 and up equipment. This move will avoid a lvl 46 from farming lots of this new very powerful gem to stack them on his twink gear. But they should be made available for trading to be forged on endgame gear so that farmers can benefit. I for one would certainly love to go farming for this.

RIP
05-03-2015, 02:37 AM
Hello STG & Community,

As I think many of the AL population already knows, the gem disparity in AL is becoming quite a problematic issue.

Here are the current gems that we have:
- Fire/Glacial/Blood
- Tarlok Wind/Wisdom/Rage
- Enchanted Eyes*
- Elondrian Life Shards
- Cursed Necropolis Skull
- Paracelsus*
- Reinforced Fire/Glacial/Blood**

Now, as you can see, there is actually quite a wide variety of gems available to the general population. However, what has happened is that there are three rarity of gems: epic, legendary, mythic. While these may seem like plain old rarities, the gems itself have overlapping purposes.

Let us take a look at enchanted eye gems. These gems are quite powerful, giving us a balanced amount of stats from each type of stat as well as a nice amount of critical. Fair enough, seems like a nice compromise when comparing to primary gems, Tarlok gems, etc.

However, if a player stacks enough of these, then that player no longer has any need for gems like elondrian life shards or cursed necropolis skull. Fine, that's bearable.

Now, take a look at Paracelsus gems. These gems offer a lot of damage but do not offer anything else. Naturally, stacking all of these into gear seems like a bad idea. The stat loss would be huge! However, when enchanted eye gems were brought into existence, this problem no longer existed. Everything that the Paracelsus gem lacks, enchanted eye gems make up for. This leads to crazy ratios of 3 para gems: 1 enchanted eye. Overall, this will give a player much higher damage than relying on the gems commonly found while also providing similar HP and critical percent.

Does anyone see the issue? Aside from reinforced blood gems for tanks, there is no real use for other gems with the current paracelsus & enchanted eye gem set up.

So, what does this lead to? Very OP players like myself with damage, critical, and HP that nobody else can hope to achieve.

The way Paracelsus gems are designed, only those with a stockpile of them can benefit. The same thing goes for enchanted eye gems. This current model is very detrimental towards attracting any new players and retaining player base of anyone other than the top 1% of players. After all, a player can max his/her toon but still be required to spend an additional 20-40M on gems to get the ideal set up. How is this fair to anyone, really?

So, does anyone have any suggestions to fix the current impasse? This is a serious issue that will only prove to be more serious as time goes on. On top of all the other disparities that already exist, gems should not be yet another one.

Thoughts, suggestions? Please comment!

* = discontinued and very powerful.
** = obtainable, but of very small quantity.

Thank you for the great post , however gears are hard enough to obtain, personally i think gems should be easily obtained , or at least it should be permanently available, i know this would effect the gem market and piss off a couple of hoarders, but hey you can't make everyone happy.

Iinorex
05-03-2015, 02:40 AM

nice man nice

epicrrr
05-03-2015, 05:06 AM
Para gems

Stacking and +%dmg bonus was IMO neglected, I love para gem at first mainly for the mythic circle effect but as the game progress they turn out to be OP beyond OP esp for rog of which the very thing STS been trying to avoid has happened "rog killing machine". Wish I had advocated more on 1 para gem mandatory rule for everyone.

Wutzgood
05-03-2015, 07:09 AM
From the way this topic is going I have to say sts will make a fortune during Halloween if para gems are limited to that event. You can't make plat tier just farming energy so a lot of platinum will be bought for energy.

With only one per character there's gonna be a lot of Alts running around then.

Niixed
05-03-2015, 08:13 AM
Since the para mistake is well ingrained into the system now, I'm liking rav's suggestion, to make these gems non-gemmable from 42 up. Of course, this would be shooting the hoarders in the foot but then again this gem was never meant to be traded and the way it is being done now is a workaround.

Or simply reintroduce it next Halloween. But for the love of everything on heaven and earth do NOT make it an LB prize or there will be mobs in the street baying for blood.

Using an artificial limit (no para on 42+ gear) to fix a problem that was created with an artificial limit (para untradable) is the wrong approach. STS should make the para and all event gems available post-event and make the para tradable. The problem isn't the gem itself, it's the lack of supply.

davidvilla
05-03-2015, 08:54 AM
Would like to drop few words here:
- para gems to be introduced at coming Halloween but as non tradable/transferable limited to level 42+ gears only.
- upon reaching 46 let every player get para gem as a cap reward. (Halloween period only)
- release the gears with better stat from crates to match the para gemmed gear stat.
- let Halloween and other event leaderboard grant mythic set rather than those vanities.

Bellaelda
05-03-2015, 01:10 PM
Sorry don't think these are solutions are practical...

Posted reasons for this in bold

Would like to drop few words here:
- para gems to be introduced at coming Halloween but as non tradable/transferable limited to level 42+ gears only.

this doesn't help the issue with older twinks having unfair advantage

- upon reaching 46 let every player get para gem as a cap reward. (Halloween period only)

so people would have to wait to cap their toons during Halloween event if they want a para gem? That doesn't make sense to me at all

- release the gears with better stat from crates to match the para gemmed gear stat.

this would just completely undermine the whole season and would create a ptw scenario

- let Halloween and other event leaderboard grant mythic set rather than those vanities.

so we'd have to run a lb competing with whole community to get mythic set?... That's just gonna be another ptw scenario

Vediovis
05-03-2015, 02:05 PM
Just wanted to say that I love the idea of having Para Gems locked to levels 41 and below.

And sts please be careful in the future when making event gems. Seeing as the Paracelsus + Syrillax Eye combo cause significant imbalance to the game.

davidvilla
05-03-2015, 08:27 PM
Sorry don't think these are solutions are practical...

Posted reasons for this in bold

Nice try. But u got everything wrong on all of those.
- limiting to level 42 use will encourage people to utilize them at high level rather than at twinks.
- having new gears with solid stats (with damage) will balance the current gear with para gems. Of course limiting to level 42+ gear will completely stop para twinking.
- para reward for those who caps at Halloween period not for everybody. I haven't said u have to wait till Halloween to cap and claim. Let para be loot able from platinum tier as primary drop and to those who reach level 46 at Halloween period as secondary drop.
- people will already have new mythic sets by few months, I don't know what u r complaining about. Giving 3 different class of mythic set as reward is not bad at all. I didn't said mythic set for lb winners ONLY. Did I?

killarrow
05-04-2015, 05:34 AM
Removal of para gem with a recipe seems the worst possible suggestion by far. Buy dozens of twink gear with para that sell for less than 1m and rip the gems= off with recipe?

Who knows, STS might be happy to bend over backwards to such requests than fix lag/ dc issues.

Oursizes
05-04-2015, 08:29 AM
Nice try. But u got everything wrong on all of those.
- limiting to level 42 use will encourage people to utilize them at high level rather than at twinks.
- having new gears with solid stats (with damage) will balance the current gear with para gems. Of course limiting to level 42+ gear will completely stop para twinking.
- para reward for those who caps at Halloween period not for everybody. I haven't said u have to wait till Halloween to cap and claim. Let para be loot able from platinum tier as primary drop and to those who reach level 46 at Halloween period as secondary drop.
- people will already have new mythic sets by few months, I don't know what u r complaining about. Giving 3 different class of mythic set as reward is not bad at all. I didn't said mythic set for lb winners ONLY. Did I?

Actually, Bella is right on that reply.
1) Limiting to lv42+ will destroy endgame, because only para users will run with each other, no more skill will be required, just like now..
2) People will still use para in twinking, have you seen those lvl 14 and 15 rogues with around 200 damage?
3) The new gear still won't balance out the para gems, because people will just add para to that. Para twinking will still continue
4) if para gems will be lootable, it should be from arena chests only. And they should be tradable as well, so farmers can make gold. The reason they shouldnt be in lockeds is because some guy can just drop $800 a day and loot many. Having them in Arena will actually get people to play the game rather than stand in camp all day showing their arcane ring and para gems. Let's see how pro many of them are in Arena, then.
5) Mythic set in few months? No lifers will have them in the first or second day.

davidvilla
05-04-2015, 09:15 AM
Actually, Bella is right on that reply.
1) Limiting to lv42+ will destroy endgame, because only para users will run with each other, no more skill will be required, just like now..
2) People will still use para in twinking, have you seen those lvl 14 and 15 rogues with around 200 damage?
3) The new gear still won't balance out the para gems, because people will just add para to that. Para twinking will still continue
4) if para gems will be lootable, it should be from arena chests only. And they should be tradable as well, so farmers can make gold. The reason they shouldnt be in lockeds is because some guy can just drop $800 a day and loot many. Having them in Arena will actually get people to play the game rather than stand in camp all day showing their arcane ring and para gems. Let's see how pro many of them are in Arena, then.
5) Mythic set in few months? No lifers will have them in the first or second day.

Dude u guys still didn't get it. If para gems r limited for high level only means they to be gemmed for level 42+ gears only. Even if new gears being released for twinks doesn't make sense cuz they will be low level. Clearly no minimum requirement (I.e level 42+ gears) will meet.

Mainly vanities were the event reward does it hits that hard if the 3 different class of mythic set being a lb reward? I don't think so mate.

Para gems should never be tradable. Enough damage is done when it comes to twinking and even endgame. Restricting usage and gemming to high level gears will completely stop para twinking.

And one more thing, u talking about para gem destroying endgame at first point and at bottom u want to put at arena chest and make it tradable? Lmao dude. Too much confusion

Ssneakykills
05-04-2015, 09:20 AM
How about nerfing para gems but not rendering them useless by doing so?

Tatman
05-04-2015, 09:48 AM
I've said it multiple times - para gems should have never been introduced. The amounts of damage we see at endgame and some popular twinking levels just aren't healthy for the game. The side effect of the para+eye combo - i.e. making most other gems borderline useless - isn't good either.

That being said, I doubt STS will impose any limitations like those discussed here. Making new cap gear ineligible for para gemming means a lot of endgamers just won't run next Halloween event or whenever para gems return (if they return at all). Making para gems lvl 42+ means a lot of twinks won't run. Obviously, such scenarios aren't good for STS financial health. :)

Oursizes
05-04-2015, 05:32 PM
Dude u guys still didn't get it. If para gems r limited for high level only means they to be gemmed for level 42+ gears only. Even if new gears being released for twinks doesn't make sense cuz they will be low level. Clearly no minimum requirement (I.e level 42+ gears) will meet.

Mainly vanities were the event reward does it hits that hard if the 3 different class of mythic set being a lb reward? I don't think so mate.

Para gems should never be tradable. Enough damage is done when it comes to twinking and even endgame. Restricting usage and gemming to high level gears will completely stop para twinking.

And one more thing, u talking about para gem destroying endgame at first point and at bottom u want to put at arena chest and make it tradable? Lmao dude. Too much confusion
I said if they are lootable. Knowing sts, they will bend over backwards and add them only to locks. If this happens no one will play this game, personally I believe this gaming is reaching to the point of one of those casino games, where you just tap the button and hope you get lucky.
This is why I suggested add them to arena chest and make tradeable..