PDA

View Full Version : Pet crates are a serious issue

Titanfall
04-29-2015, 06:40 PM
Hello, this is just my opinion. Don't shoot me if I say something you don't agree with, were all entitled to our opinions.
I feel like pet crates are a serious issue in AL, As its killing egg farming. And people who actually run hauntlet/daily quest for tokens to buy eggs and sell make a huge loss, not that I'm one of them. It seems the way that this is going there will be a crate of every type of pet that is in rare, epic and legendary form. Which means we can expect a dragon egg crate, deer egg crates (arcane deary?????), Goat egg crate and many more. This will kill farming eggs (except the demon dogs) and in my opinion just kills farming even more. Its already very hard to make gold in this game (hence why there's so many beggars and cheats), as locks are under 3k, egg farming is slowly being killed, and endgame content requires good gear (most cant afford) or people wont take you into runs. I made a new toon the other day to see what AL was like for the new player, in all honesty it seems the player base has declined. The games still fine but when you hit end game, it becomes very punishing for the newly capped player. Most players farmed eggs such as mali or demon dogs as a way to get ankhs, but if egg crates keep coming. The egg farming community will be put to rest. Then how will the new players farm? Will they farm locks 10 hours a day to get gold? Maybe they would if lock farming was enjoyable, but its a boring grind. I thought games were made for entertainment? You can say "well they can just farm tombs". But in reality things are very punishing for the newly capped players. Ankhs are hard to get with locks at 3k, and everything dropping in price. Players just can't run pt3 or arena without ankhs and that's something they can't get much of unless they get lucky with klaas or shazbot. I'm trying to say we need something new to farm, maybe some new pets or gear, because at the moment newly capped players don't have a chance, and just give up on the game. This doesn't affect me at all, but I fear for the games life span, and we need new players or the game will just decline.
This is just my opinion, thank you for reading.

BlueSkied
04-29-2015, 06:46 PM
It looks like kanye west cut you off the stage :/

debitmandiri
04-29-2015, 06:59 PM
Yeah sad truth

Kakashis
04-29-2015, 07:00 PM
Yup I agree! Even when elite farming was in trouble, I still pushed onwards for shadowlurk eggs at 300k a pop. My. At 50-60k, no thanks.

regizakirs.rs
04-29-2015, 07:05 PM
I don't get the Kayne reference but, I totally agree with you on this. It's hard enough for new players to make gold but, once you basically kill an area for farming only hurts the game as a whole.

Trikzy
04-29-2015, 11:22 PM
Good side is that new players can get better pets for cheaper price, but
The bad side is that these egg crates kill the meaning of egg farming, which also means non-plat players loose another way to make money in AL and that means less money making ways for new players. The circle hits them laterwards.

KingMartin
04-30-2015, 03:11 AM
I heard rumors about Breeze coming into reptíle chest.

Seriously? So, after having ruined ALL maps, now STS would ruin Tombs too? So, what's there left to farm, taking the costs in consideration?

Deathdor
04-30-2015, 03:52 AM
I feel like pet crates are a serious issue in AL, As its killing egg farming. And people who actually run hauntlet/daily quest for tokens to buy eggs and sell make a huge loss, not that I'm one of them.

Daily quests and Hauntlet are a bit outdated.
Maybe some new rewards with reasonable prices, new stories or even a new rotation of pets
(similar to egg crate weeks) would help.
I'd prefer playing the game for something that maintains its value.

At times there's little in return for the input.
Same can be said for other current game content.

Where's the fun in buying platinum-purchased pet egg crates for the possibility of disappointment?
Seems like another Locked Crate unfortunately with lacklustre efforts to obtain it.
It's a short term thing with long term affects.

its already very hard to make gold in this game (hence why there's so many beggars and cheats), as locks are under 3k, egg farming is slowly being killed, and endgame content requires good gear (most cant afford) or people wont take you into runs.

Not much content in the game at the moment which allows new players to get a step on the first rung of the ladder.
Anything that I would've suggested in the past seems tedious now.
i.e: farming eggs, essence, locked crates (luck elixir / leprechaun pendant usually required)
It'd be nice to see Hauntlet or Daily Story quests revamped.

I made a new toon the other day to see what AL was like for the new player, in all honesty it seems the player base has declined. The games still fine but when you hit end game, it becomes very punishing for the newly capped player. Most players farmed eggs such as mali or demon dogs as a way to get ankhs, but if egg crates keep coming. The egg farming community will be put to rest. Then how will the new players farm? Will they farm locks 10 hours a day to get gold? Maybe they would if lock farming was enjoyable, but its a boring grind. I thought games were made for entertainment?

There's almost a sense a player must get the best possible gear for high-end content.
Is there anything for a mid-range player to do that's fun and profitable?
I remember a few which I would've recommended in the past.
Kraken Mines, Hauntlet, Elite maps: Dead City, Nordr Tindirin - to name a few.

If all else fails, we turn to temporary events for gold.
Pet egg crates bring in gold in a short space of time, for some.
Long term, they do more harm than good.

While I enjoy most events myself and like the gold and the rewards earned...
We almost rely on these things just to stay afloat.

Where's the long-term content?

I look forward to the expansion.
Hopefully that doesn't have an expiry date ;)

This doesn't affect me at all, but I fear for the games life span, and we need new players or the game will just decline.
This is just my opinion, thank you for reading.

+1

Kakashis
04-30-2015, 03:58 AM
I just realized why my lower level gears are hard to sell as well. They put that npc in brackenridge that gives them the armor set and weapon for 5 plat. No point in even buying copper/silver/gold chests to open now. Sheesh!

bedmaster
04-30-2015, 04:14 AM
I think sts is trying to make us all quit this game so we can move to their next moba

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah282/chandra7plav/Mobile%20Uploads/PicsArt_1428811885348_zpsxpktgrgj.jpg (http://s1383.photobucket.com/user/chandra7plav/media/Mobile%20Uploads/PicsArt_1428811885348_zpsxpktgrgj.jpg.html)

Jazzi
04-30-2015, 04:21 AM
I think sts is trying to make us all quit this game so we can move to their next moba

Rolf xD

Anyway I do agree that including the eggs available only in elite content is just a bit too much and definitely not well thought through. Also this week's pet crate does not even have a new pet in it?!?

Ardbeg
04-30-2015, 04:28 AM
this is an important issue, but safiras already made a thread about it not too long ago:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showpost.php?p=2134260

maybe it s possible to merge this into the original thread, so we have all opinions at one place?

Imhotepx
04-30-2015, 05:49 AM
This is the sad reality hauntlet, token, and a daily quest is useless farmer with all the eggs in boxes I had a discussion post but apparently people thought it was good. Just to watch today
making gold become complicated without platinum All area are destroyed with these accursed boxes but it pays much sts
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?217635-Box-crates-egg-frog-toucan-Wolf-owl

Cranky
04-30-2015, 05:55 AM
The teasers are a serious issue also..
We've got Handfuls of em
:D
49 more
Teasers
To go.should be out by then xd

Powergear546
04-30-2015, 09:17 AM
From what i can see,STS is continuously increasing the problem for free player and it looks like they just want money lol,the value of gold with respect to plat has went so much down that it's just impossible to make 5m from farming (unless and until u are very lucky to loot arcane fossil or something very big).
At current state if you want to make ur toon and end game,plat is the only option in my opinion.

Almost my 40-50 friends who plays the game effectively have left game even after spending much plat in the game,
one my friends has almost bought 90k+ plat to get something better ,but after getting bad items from chest and getting fed up of this game he left.

We all joined the game in mid to end of 2012
(Dont go by joining date on my forums account lol,i have always checked the forums but after sometime i registered)

Everything you buy in this game with gold has almost no value unless a guy who just buys things from plat decides to sell it in auction.
If this trend keeps up in next expansion,
Sorry sts you will again lose much more players who tries invest in your game by paying real cash.

Titanfall
04-30-2015, 09:50 AM

Seriously? So, after having ruined ALL maps, now STS would ruin Tombs too? So, what's there left to farm, taking the costs in consideration?
If this is true, then R.I.P Planar tombs

Dashie
04-30-2015, 10:31 AM

it's still rumours ! But if this is going to be true than surely those who are continuously farming planar tombs just to get breeze egg will quite tombs as it can easily obtain from egg crates.

kiwotsukete
04-30-2015, 11:16 AM
I've been playing for a month, I've reached lvl 41 on my mage, and im very sad... I can make maybe 70k in 7 hours using lepre. I cant afford any mythic item except lepre. Which I had to grind till I cried to get. Look at sticky spider crates! 15=1 crate. 1 crate= 45k [2 days ago] thats 180k for 60 plat. 60! I know someone who bought 3600 plat and just bought all crates! He went out and bought a mythic gun, imbued, armor, lunar, blood ruby, and a lepre. He wasn't even level 32 yet and played maybe a week! I dream of having a mythic gun :( I farm flapjack, kelvin, wrath/snaggle, elite pirate, mali. I cant seem to get ahead!! No team will take a mage to elite shuyal+ without mythic we and armor... how am I suppose to get that?? I do ydra and bracken pet dailies twice a day, story twice a day, node and k raken twice a day. I even merchant what few eggs I can! If been dry on mali for the past 68 runs with lepre. I swear on my life 68 runs... so much time put into this game and all I have to show for it is a lepre and a lvl 41 mage that gets 1 hit even in nodr elite.

Imhotepx
04-30-2015, 11:21 AM
yes they are rumors but since they go around all animals it is quite possible that in a few weeks to see this box
Sts need to dollar for Finally extension lol

Kingofninjas
04-30-2015, 11:47 AM
I am glad you see pet crates for what they are; another pathetic attempt on sts's part to make players even more dependant on plat to earn gold.

Squeezable
04-30-2015, 12:02 PM
STS adds content for all players to be able achieve the same as others, adds new pets, and people moan.

STS doesn't add content, people moan.

Yes, I understand the elite eggs can be a little annoying but in a few weeks/month it'll all blow over. New players need excitement in the game, there's nothing for them to obtain with little or no platinum. Having these crates makes it exciting for them, and exciting for us 'comfortable' players who get lucky when we loot the best egg in the crate. Win for everybody, except the select few who feel the need to moan.

What can they do right?! I'm actually really enjoying the game at the minute, yes this expansion seems to be a drag but we're constantly being updates with events/offers/content! Be careful about how much you moan about new content because if they take the turn of PL, DL & SL you'll wish you never did.

Edward Coug
04-30-2015, 12:07 PM
I am glad you see pet crates for what they are; another pathetic attempt on sts's part to make players even more dependant on plat to earn gold.

Come on now. I think the pet crates were well-intentioned. I mean the idea is great. They just didn't think about the damage a cheap influx of farmable eggs does to the newer player base.

I think they have to add a temporary liquidation rate for eggs and locks, high enough to make farming worthwhile.

I should add that, if Breeze ends up in crates, there will be no reason for me to log in anymore, except for events, until the expansion.

judgmentz
04-30-2015, 12:34 PM
They're outof ideas... since old devs left. ...now they should tell how to fram gold? Use platinum? No ty .. did 25k platinum in SL now that is dead ....

Remiem
04-30-2015, 12:43 PM
Hey guys, first I want to thank you for your feedback here. It is certainly some great stuff to consider. I'm going to close up this thread and refer the discussion over to Safi's thread here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?225069-Regarding-the-new-pet-crates