PDA

View Full Version : Call of Champion Chronicle - Issue 1

Vystirch
05-01-2015, 06:27 PM
Call of Champions Chronicle
~Issue 1~

Introductions:
Hey guys! I'm Vystirch, a long time Spacetime player and forum junkie. I recently recieved the great honor of becoming a T1 Alpha Titan for the CoC alpha. It has been a little over a week now since I got my hands on the game. I'm enjoying it so much that I just couldn't contain myself and had to share it with you. So with Gary's permission I present to you this chronicle.
This chronicle will aim at bringing you insight into the foundations of the gameplay, interviews from STS staff and alpha players, developments, champion summaries/lore, and other goodies. I will release a new Call of Champions Chronicle issue every Friday.

Gameplay Foundation: The Orbs
Two purple orbs are set on a track located in each lane. These tracks run a route from your base wall, to your inner and outer turrets then the enemies outer and inner turrets to their base wall. One orb at the start of each match is positioned in between the the outer turrets of each lane. These two orbs are very important to gameplay, if you manipulate them well you will be able to take down multiple turrets, the base wall and maybe even the opposing team's base before the 5 minutes it up.
Why are these orbs so influential and key to victory? Well these orbs when pushed up to an enemy turret reduce the damage you and your teammates take from that turret. Making it possible for your team to potential destroy it if you juggle the turrets agro and have enough dmg to take it down before the enemy team responds.
http://i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u653/Vystirch/image.jpg1_zpsmxturlqp.jpg
The orbs fill a function that you find in most every MOBA currently on the market, by replacing minions/mobs that walk down lanes. In a traditional MOBA if you push these minions under the enemy turret it will target the minions before it targets your champion. Allowing you to get free damage on the turret, giving you the potential to destroy it. The orbs basically allow the same function, making assaulting an enemy turret much less perilous. While it doesn't completely remove the turret's damage it significantly reduces its damage; I do not know the exact percentage but it seems to be around 80-90%.
How do you gain this huge advantage? By moving/pushing it along the track simply by being within range of the orb's aura (you can see it in the pic as a blue circle). The more teammates that are within the orb's aura the faster it will move towards the enemy base/turrets. The enemy team can stop the advancement of the orb by also stepping into range of the orb. If you and one enemy are in the orb's aura then it wont move. To counter this teamwork is key because there is power in numbers! So if you and a teammate are both in the aura it will still push towards the enemy base if only one opponent is also within range. Pushing the orb is pretty simple, have more players in range of its aura and you will push the orb towards the enemy base.
If you are able to push down both the outer and inner turret of the enemy team using the orb then you will have exposed their base wall. Push the orb one last distance into the wall and you will destroy it. By destroying the wall the enemy team loses many defensive advantages and you can now directly attack their base! Giving you the chance for an early victory by destroying their base.
As you can see the orbs are key to victory, use them wisely and you will be able to push turrets down with ease and make a attempt at obliterating the enemy base.

Interview with Arc: T1 Alpha Titan
Hi Arc, glad to have you with us.
So Arc what is your history with video games? Have you ever played any of STS's other games?

I've been an avid member of both the call of duty and world of Warcraft franchises for almost 5 years now where about a year and a half ago I was added as a member of FaZe Clan, I'm at about a years worth of experience with Moba's and this is the first of STS's games I have played.

Awesome, welcome to the STS community. How did you get your t1 alpha seat?

My friend Josh Macias (Paradome) was part of the winning SXSW team and provided me with the seat.

Now that your an alpha member what does your daily schedule look like?

Most of my daily activities remain due in part to the fact that I'm still in Highschool of which needs to be a primary focusXD. On the contrary I have cut back on some of the other mobas I play in order to remain active within these forms and test CoC out as much as my schedule allows it.

So when your playing CoC's what's your favorite champion to play? Can you describe this champion and explain why you love it so much?

Seraphina has to be my favorite champion due to the fact that Atonment just makes you a dueling beast. If any of y'all have ever played Jax from LoL you'll know this feeling. The unrelenting mobility, aoe, damage, and cc that this champ brings is un paralleled and makes her a very large part of any comp.

Yah, I think Seraphina needs to be nerfed a bit... One of the t1 alpha member's goals is to create a more competitive scene/game. Explain why you do or don't think CoC is competitive.

The brevity of the games might pose a challenge to a highly developed competitive scene but I feel that with enough backing from the players and sponsoring organizations this game could very well become a large component of the esports scene.

And finally to wrap this interview up what has been your favorite moment in the game?

So far the highlight of my experience playing this game probably has to be Paradome Redwings and I locking three Seraphinas and taking the enemy base in 42 seconds, something I viewed as obscene compared to any other moba I've played.

Thanks for taking your time to answer these questions Arc! It has been a privilege talk to you.

Thank you!

Conclusion:
Thanks for reading the first issue of Call of Champions Chronicles. If this only perks your interest in CoC even more check out the twitch streams broadcasting gameplay:
-STS's Channel: http://www.twitch.tv/callofchampions
-Terrain's Channel: http://www.twitch.tv/terrainrob
-Salty's Channel: http://www.twitch.tv/lord_salt
-Vystirch's Channel: http://www.twitch.tv/vystirch
Click the follow button for all these channels to get notified when they start streaming.

Check back every Friday for the next issue (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?228037-Call-of-Champions-Chronicle-Issue-2),
-Vys

synfullmagic_23110
05-01-2015, 06:29 PM
looks sick dood

Caabatric
05-01-2015, 07:26 PM
very nice ty c:

Dalmony
05-01-2015, 08:11 PM
This is awesome Vys - a great read!! Hopefully it is going to get stickied (or its own subforum which would be more deserving XD).

IamRegi
05-02-2015, 03:14 AM
nc job I have all the channels followed :)

Hoardseeker
05-02-2015, 07:12 AM
looks sick dood

Jealous people...

@Vys Nice chronicle!

siddhant
05-02-2015, 07:53 AM
wow nice ty for providing us with so info and taking the pain to type it all and explain it big thumbs up:)

Maunyabastian
05-03-2015, 01:42 AM
Ahh poor me never knew that it's a 3v3.

Glorbuk
05-03-2015, 02:34 PM
Thanks, I've been wanting to see something like this! -pats Vystirch's back-

Vystirch
05-04-2015, 11:02 AM
Edit:
The orb also does ticks of damage to a tower when its aura is within range of said tower.

-Vys

Remiem
05-06-2015, 02:02 PM
Incredible, Vys! Can't wait to read more.

represents
05-06-2015, 04:38 PM
CoC is already out or coming really soon?

Glorbuk
05-06-2015, 07:08 PM
CoC is already out or coming really soon?

Alpha testing is in progress. Beta will be soon. Official release will be this summer sometime, but no official date yet. I hope that helped.