PDA

View Full Version : Rogue

merch_master
05-02-2015, 09:43 AM
So, like half the AL community I'm thinking of switching to rogue , so trying it out.
However, I can't seem to find a good guide for rogue build here (search Guide and rogue discussion sections)
What I need is:-
1 a build good for both pve and PvP( with amount of unlocks and passives as well)
2 where to put in my base stats ( pure Dex? )
3 while I know much about a rogue's role from a tank's perspective; I'm pretty clueless when using a rogue
I should be killing the hard hitting/long range enemies when in pt right
4 I've heard of something called kiting or something. What's that
5 As a tank, I tackle head on. As a mage I keep myself at a distance. As a rogue how should I be positioned?
If someone can either explain these or direct me to a link which does so I'll be happy :)

Candylicks
05-02-2015, 10:13 AM
Is your rogue in the guild? We have some of the best rogues in this game in our guild- Pm Sak or Inotrich for the hybrid build in game. We can help you for sure. Welcome to the best class in the game. (:

merch_master
05-02-2015, 11:20 AM
Is your rogue in the guild? We have some of the best rogues in this game in our guild- Pm Sak or Inotrich for the hybrid build in game. We can help you for sure. Welcome to the best class in the game. (:
Well its just lvl 11, so can it still join?
Either way I'll pm them, ty candy :)

Candylicks
05-02-2015, 11:29 AM
Well its just lvl 11, so can it still join?
Either way I'll pm them, ty candy :)
Yes ofc. Bring it in we allow alts.

merch_master
05-02-2015, 11:30 AM
OK :)..I will when I log on next time..thanks again

Visiting
05-02-2015, 11:39 AM

Inotrich is a nab, I die him all the time in Pvp...
Jokes aside -
1. Wait until you're at the level cap to worry about hybrid builds and such..
2. Pure Dex is the generally accepted stat for a rogue.
3. Rogues are single target damage dealing beasts, which in essence means that for mobs, you'll aim for the strongest/most troublesome mob and kill it ASAP and then move onto the next one.
4. Kiting is essentially running around the target(s) and using ranged attacks so it can't hit you, for rogues this usually means running around spamming Aimed/Nox.
5. For rogue it really depends on playstyle/gear, in general, you'll want to be following around your target until they're dead, as far as diving into groups of mobs or staying back just depends on you personally.

merch_master
05-02-2015, 12:42 PM
Jokes aside -
3. Rogues are single target damage dealing beasts, which in essence means that for mobs, you'll aim for the strongest/most troublesome mob and kill it ASAP and then move onto the next one.
4. Kiting is essentially running around the target(s) and using ranged attacks so it can't hit you, for rogues this usually means running around spamming Aimed/Nox.
5. For rogue it really depends on playstyle/gear, in general, you'll want to be following around your target until they're dead, as far as diving into groups of mobs or staying back just depends on you personally.
Lol, I just want to avoid a respec atleast for now
My pve skills are NOx,aim, pierce, veil; gonna include trap later
Yeah been going pure Dex for now
My only query now is :-
How much points should I give to each
What passives should I use?
I will prolly respect once I touch 41 but just need an intermediate build for now ( heal packs a waste ? )

JohnnyHardcore
05-02-2015, 01:19 PM
One ABSOLUTELY PRESSING tip for playing a rogue... Never run below 100 mana pots. Or buy off a mage to follow you around.

Abersit
05-02-2015, 01:25 PM
Lol, I just want to avoid a respec atleast for now
My pve skills are NOx,aim, pierce, veil; gonna include trap later
Yeah been going pure Dex for now
My only query now is :-
How much points should I give to each
What passives should I use?
I will prolly respect once I touch 41 but just need an intermediate build for now ( heal packs a waste ? )

Passives :
1. crit 5/5
2. int 5/5
3. dex 5/5
4. str 5/5

merch_master
05-02-2015, 01:30 PM
Passives :
1. crit 5/5
2. int 5/5
3. dex 5/5
4. str 5/5
Thanks? Not damage though?

Visiting
05-02-2015, 01:37 PM
Nope, passive damage is overridden by any buff higher than it (5%), including pet base stats which usually includes a damage % bonus, so it's essentially useless to use the 5% since it'll almost never be the primary buff to you.

merch_master
05-02-2015, 01:43 PM
Nope, passive damage is overridden by any buff higher than it (5%), including pet base stats which usually includes a damage % bonus, so it's essentially useless to use the 5% since it'll almost never be the primary buff to you.
Ah I see, that's redundant though, should have stacked
Thanks

Visiting
05-02-2015, 01:47 PM
Ah I see, that's redundant though, should have stacked
Thanks

It's been like that since day 1 despite numerous campaigns to have it made into a a stackable passive :(

Abersit
05-02-2015, 06:57 PM

The passive damage does not stack with pet % damage , and does not stack with damage elixir

SakuraXYZ
05-02-2015, 11:17 PM

Then can I bring my Alt in too? Merch master im training a rogue too currently at lvl22x

merch_master
05-02-2015, 11:24 PM
Then can I bring my Alt in too? Merch master im training a rogue too currently at lvl22x
Everyone is turning rogue [emoji14]
Mines 17 now I believe, tell me if you need a partner to run wt4 :)

Candylicks
05-03-2015, 08:50 AM
Ya alts no problem if your main here. Just announce who you are when u join. We just don't like alts who won't say their main. If it's top-secret then keep it out lol.

Tatman
05-03-2015, 12:47 PM
Everyone is turning rogue [emoji14]

I'm turning smurf!

merch_master
05-03-2015, 12:56 PM
I'm turning smurf!
Haha...rarely any alts I cross are mages...poor blue pets of AL are being ignored :,(

mmaachilles211
05-03-2015, 02:29 PM
Haha...rarely any alts I cross are mages...poor blue pets of AL are being ignored :,(

My best char is a mage haha...but on topic if you go to the rogue class discussion area zues has put out a great guide that's put playing my new rogue into perspective :)

Hope this helps and gl man rogues are a blast :)

merch_master
05-03-2015, 02:35 PM
My best char is a mage haha...but on topic if you go to the rogue class discussion area zues has put out a great guide that's put playing my new rogue into perspective :)

Hope this helps and gl man rogues are a blast :)
Good you be a good little smurf and post a link [emoji14]

mmaachilles211
05-03-2015, 02:38 PM
Good you be a good little smurf and post a link [emoji14]

Lol don't get cocky kid my Lil smurf would chew you up and spit you out haha

merch_master
05-03-2015, 02:39 PM
Lol don't get cocky kid my Lil smurf would chew you up and spit you out haha
Aww, dont take offense bro. You'll always be the best AL pet :*
Jk [emoji14]

mmaachilles211
05-03-2015, 02:40 PM
[ATTACH=CONFIG]131809

Nomnomnomnom

merch_master
05-03-2015, 03:35 PM
[ATTACH=CONFIG]131809

Nomnomnomnom
Ego hurt much ? [emoji14]

Alhuntrazeck
05-04-2015, 10:24 AM
Jokes aside -

How is that a joke? 100% true

Twinisland
05-04-2015, 05:07 PM
Delete your rouge and make a war they are for TRUE men they soak up alot of dmg and can solo bosses without anks.(I'm just doing my part and promoting people to create wars)

Visiting
05-04-2015, 06:24 PM
How is that a joke? 100% true

It's not like I can kill myself ._.
Or can I?! *grabs flag*

Wazakesy
05-04-2015, 07:44 PM
It's not like I can kill myself ._.
Or can I?! *grabs flag*

*waits*
*taps aimed & closes app*

:rolleyes: