PDA

View Full Version : Dexchantress vs Pally!

Zojak
04-02-2011, 02:12 AM
So i'm in a tossup between choosing which one to change to once i get a few more levels on my 43 chantress, and was hoping to get some opinions on what people think of each spec, or if there is a thread already created if somebody could point me that way, that would be fantastic! :D

Tempest
04-02-2011, 03:10 AM
Depends what lvl and what equips... A pally lv55 with fury will most likely win

Ellyidol
04-02-2011, 03:13 AM
Pally = Living longer
Dexchantress = Uber high damage

That's what I seem to notice in both pvp/pve.

lordwill0
04-02-2011, 06:03 AM
dex cause you freeze em and shoot em ;)

LADYHADASSA
04-02-2011, 06:11 AM
I have suited myself to both and at one time weiled both dex/str builds at the same time. And of course was pure mage as well.

Your build depends on what it is you wish to achieve. A dex build gives you a higher dps and hit percent, the armour is weak and death will occure just as quickley as if you where pure mage.

The STR/pally build has a higher armour and durabitlty however the hit percent is decreased from even a pure mage.

The build is a hard choice, I loved my dex mage when fighting bosses this assisted in better killing from a distance. However when it comes to hordes I love my STR, I am able to live in most cases I can get to a fallen commerad and remain alive, as opposed to the constant suiside missions I endured as full mage or dex mage.

Question for you what is yournfight style? Are you up close and personal? If so STR is the build.

Are you more apt to stand back and heal as opposed to being in the middle of the fight? If so dex/mage is good for you.

Just some ideas and thoughts for you to consider. :)

Elf-Orc-Naga
04-02-2011, 08:52 AM
Agreed to Ladyhadassa!
strong defense weak offense: pally
weak defense strong offecse: dex

I am using a pally. Beside from DPS, in general Crit, Hit are also really low. I notice that my skill fireblast missed enemy oftenly if I wear low-hit gear. But for survivability for dungeon, really good.

btw, How do you call a mage dex-str without int? :)

Arterra
04-02-2011, 10:17 AM
besides the fact that you might as well go for int if you want ranged due to better spells (heal for example) and for aoe rampage (only reason i go for int dual spec is for keeper staff) STR offers you the survivability needed to rev in case of a party wipe of something like that. being the only tank in a party might lead to scenarios like that, and i have seen so many int mage only parties lately...

Zojak
04-02-2011, 10:44 AM
Hmm, well right now as i'm farming CTK i notice i like to run in and start AOE Bombing, and i tend to die a LOT, which is kind of a drag, because it usually kills my Elixirs. Soo i'm thinking the pally build would suit my playstyle more than the dex mage at the moment. BUT i DO have a second mage that i plan to start messing around with in the future, maybe he'll be my dex mage to try it out!

Thanks for the imput everybody! Much appreciated!

BlueMagma
04-02-2011, 02:50 PM
I've noticed someone having a str/dex build for an enchantress meaning their int is only 7 :S
What would be the benefits or downfalls of having this build?

Arterra
04-02-2011, 03:45 PM
I've noticed someone having a str/dex build for an enchantress meaning their int is only 7 :S

very very weak heal, and maybe other spells.

think it includes lv51 gear too, idk. I'm not going to go around calculating stats

Dynastu
04-02-2011, 03:45 PM

The downfall is that your enchantress skill damage is MUCH lower than if you were to add int.

NECROREAPER
04-02-2011, 09:15 PM
Hmm, well right now as i'm farming CTK i notice i like to run in and start AOE Bombing, and i tend to die a LOT, which is kind of a drag, because it usually kills my Elixirs. Soo i'm thinking the pally build would suit my playstyle more than the dex mage at the moment. BUT i DO have a second mage that i plan to start messing around with in the future, maybe he'll be my dex mage to try it out!

Find a good bear to party with.

If you need a good bear friend, add me ;)
SN: NECROREAPER

(I look like how I do in my sig so thats how you can be sure its me)

WhoIsThis
04-02-2011, 09:42 PM

Thanks for the imput everybody! Much appreciated!

If you like AOE bombing, consider pure int. If survivability is an issue as you hinted, try hybrid int (70% int, 30% strength instead). When choosing gear, pay attention to the armor stats. There is also some mage gear that offers dodge, although you will often have to sacrifice something else for it.

Most importantly as spellcaster, look at the impact of each piece of equipment on your skill damage. You want to use what gives maximum skill damage.

LADYHADASSA
04-02-2011, 11:06 PM
for Pve this build comes in handy str base is excellent to go face to face in mobs and live, the dex aspect rocks for killing bosses. However I notice the heal is weaker, however my combos still rock mobs. And i can rez the fallen most anyplace. Some has to do with play skill vs build however.

WhoIsThis
04-03-2011, 10:51 AM
for Pve this build comes in handy str base is excellent to go face to face in mobs and live, the dex aspect rocks for killing bosses. However I notice the heal is weaker, however my combos still rock mobs. And i can rez the fallen most anyplace. Some has to do with play skill vs build however.

Well, yes ... your crit will be 100+ with raid roach gear. In fact, you will out-DPS birds with the main bow. Player skill and style will dictate effectiveness. The main drawbacks to the build are survivability and mana consumption (it is very pot intensive to be dex mage).

Heal is weaker because the int is weaker. Pure ints for that reason have the strongest heal in the game. How strong it is depends on how big a percentage of your 275 points (assuming level 56) that you opt for dex rather than int.

Dex mage however is an enormously fun build to play. :) I used to be dex mage when 50 was the level cap.
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/_qxqUJiD0__c/TZVDkyXvxUI/AAAAAAAAAPE/x7q5hD3kpyY/Void.png

Of course, in those days, dex equipment had mana regen. You will burn mana pots these days, especially when your mana shield is on. On the other hand, the DPS is nice.

Zojak
04-03-2011, 11:04 AM
I think right now the best choice for myself it seems is to stay pure int, i have a second enchantress that ill eventually be working on that i plan to try the dexmage build with, should be pretty sick :)

Zojak
04-03-2011, 07:36 PM
Bought myself the Thoth set, which was a huge upgrade over the level 30 greens i was wearing, definitely upped my damage and my heals, so i'm pretty happy with my char atm :D