PDA

View Full Version : Lets do calculation

debitmandiri
05-03-2015, 12:28 AM
Ok i believe planar tombs (1-3) not worth for farning golds anymore, this is my calculation :

1. Pots, im a rogue i spent about 100-200 health/mana pots per run(T3). Thats about 2-4k
2. Feeding pet, our pet will run out of happiness meter in 15min, i run planar tombs 3 beetwen 6-12min, take the worst 12min so it cost 1025 gold per run
3. Ankh, with the best party 0-1, average 3..i take this calculation when i have 500 ankhs total in my satchel (got 165 runs before run out of ankh). Ok ankh kit 50k / 25, so 3ankhs cost 6k

*1+2+3 = 9-12k / run

Imo, the best selling item from fragment vendor is breeze egg. Now lets do calculation :

Breeze cost 125 fragments, means 125/2 = 63 runs (T2/T3). If cost for every run is 9-12k x 63 = 567k - 756k cost for get 1 breeze egg. Now look into auction house, how much breeze egg now worth ?

U can only get profit if u loot at least 1 planar chest in 63 runs, well in my experience sometimes i get it sometimes no

Note : This calculation is for geared one party (mythic weapon, planar pendant, para gem, at least 1 arcane pet in party), so it cost MORE to only full legendary party

Am i wrong ?

Overweightank
05-03-2015, 12:40 AM
Ok i believe planar tombs (1-3) not worth for farning golds anymore, this is my calculation :

1. Pots, im a rogue i spent about 100-200 health/mana pots per run(T3). Thats about 2-4k
2. Feeding pet, our pet will run out of happiness meter in 15min, i run planar tombs 3 beetwen 6-12min, take the worst 12min so it cost 1025 gold per run
3. Ankh, with the best party 0-1, average 3..i take this calculation when i have 500 ankhs total in my satchel (got 165 runs before run out of ankh). Ok ankh kit 50k / 25, so 3ankhs cost 6k

*1+2+3 = 9-12k / run

Imo, the best selling item from fragment vendor is breeze egg. Now lets do calculation :

Breeze cost 125 fragments, means 125/2 = 63 runs (T2/T3). If cost for every run is 9-12k x 63 = 567k - 756k cost for get 1 breeze egg. Now look into auction house, how much breeze egg now worth ?

U can only get profit if u loot at least 1 planar chest in 63 runs, well in my experience sometimes i get it sometimes no

Note : This calculation is for geared one party (mythic weapon, planar pendant, para gem, at least 1 arcane pet in party), so it cost MORE to only full legendary party

Am i wrong ?

You are wrong in the sense of the info. You need a better pt if it takes 12m (not trying to put anyone down). 12m is def. too long, although it's fine. Now 63 runs = 630-650 min , Which is equivalent to 10-12h. Get a rlly good tank, you should only die at boss ever if you have a good tank. That's expected :)

This is why Enigmatic is one of the best PvE guilds out there. You learn all this information. Also tbh don't run with people who don't know what they're doing if you're rushing to get that 600k from the breeze egg... Don't be discriminating, but you gotta help yourself before you help others. :encouragement:

Serancha
05-03-2015, 02:30 AM
He did say between 6 and 12 minutes. That allows for lesser geared players as well as better ones. Since most mixed (mixed class and mixed gear level) parties run in the 8 minute range, I belive his numbers are good.

His death counts are also accurate. Even all-rogue teams rarely have deaths until the boss, and sorry but most of us don't die any less with a warrior present.

And the OP is totally correct. It is currently not really worth farming planar tombs at this time, not with a new level cap on its way.

Iinorex
05-03-2015, 02:35 AM
3 death is 3 death whether u die at boss or at first mob

Midievalmodel
05-03-2015, 02:52 AM
You are wrong in the sense of the info. You need a better pt if it takes 12m (not trying to put anyone down). 12m is def. too long, although it's fine. Now 63 runs = 630-650 min , Which is equivalent to 10-12h. Get a rlly good tank, you should only die at boss ever if you have a good tank. That's expected :)

This is why Enigmatic is one of the best PvE guilds out there. You learn all this information. Also tbh don't run with people who don't know what they're doing if you're rushing to get that 600k from the breeze egg... Don't be discriminating, but you gotta help yourself before you help others. :encouragement:

Your post perplexes me. The main thing I get from your post is that you really had no interest in adding any valuable discussion to the OP post. Instead your post reeks of you wanting to somehow talk about how you are an elite player and you run with and elite pve guild that knows what they are doing. I completely agree with Sera that OP gave a realistic wide range of time (6 - 12 min) to be inclusive of all different levels of skill and geared players.

debitmandiri
05-03-2015, 04:40 AM
The problem with timing is about the person, should i waiting until the perfect party show up all its member ?, to be honest i dont care if it is 3min or 20min thats only for feeding pet calculation basis, what i care is low cost run because i ONLY earn gold from farming. I tried solo planar tombs2 15min-20min (depending death) now that seems like the only option that i have to minimize the cost
( cost 150-300 pot and pet only 0 ankh ) or until some friends pm me for t3 run

Abersit
05-03-2015, 06:04 AM
For less geared players, it even cost more

Tatman
05-03-2015, 06:57 AM
Most mixed parties take much more than 8 minutes, but that's besides the point.

Anyway, there is other stuff that you can get in Tombs. Cheap stuff, but enough to offset the cost of some runs. Crafted fragments, vials, some weapons (assault clubs e.g.), even locks. All in all, I still find Tombs profitable. Not as profitable as it was a few months ago, but definitely not a complete waste of time.

Jazzi
05-03-2015, 07:01 AM
Even if you go zero deaths, which is possible if you do not use piercer during the boss fight (unfortunately I am so bored lately that I pierce all the time and die 1-3 times) and the runs are 8 minutes (mixed pt with full myth gear and pro skill level) on average the profit margin is really low now. To be honest I was getting way more chest drops before. I do not know if the drop rate has generally been lowered or if my luck is just terrible lately.

I also agree that as cost efficiency goes soloing t2 is probably the best, but you only have one item drop from the boss, which effectively should slice your chances of getting a lucky chest drop in half :) I really do not know what to farm anymore.

P.S. I have soloed t3 deathless and below 20 minutes several times. Unfortunately not getting stunned and hammered by the boss involves some luck. And if this happens when the boss is down to 10% you suddenly have a run of 25 minutes which is way too high.

debitmandiri
05-03-2015, 07:09 AM
Most mixed parties take much more than 8 minutes, but that's besides the point.

Anyway, there is other stuff that you can get in Tombs. Cheap stuff, but enough to offset the cost of some runs. Crafted fragments, vials, some weapons (assault clubs e.g.), even locks. All in all, I still find Tombs profitable. Not as profitable as it was a few months ago, but definitely not a complete waste of time.

Yeah ikr, but the item u listed worth less than 10k and u wont get those item in every single run

debitmandiri
05-03-2015, 07:12 AM
Even if you go zero deaths, which is possible if you do not use piercer during the boss fight (unfortunately I am so bored lately that I pierce all the time and die 1-3 times) and the runs are 8 minutes (mixed pt with full myth gear and pro skill level) on average the profit margin is really low now. To be honest I was getting way more chest drops before. I do not know if the drop rate has generally been lowered or if my luck is just terrible lately.

I also agree that as cost efficiency goes soloing t2 is probably the best, but you only have one item drop from the boss, which effectively should slice your chances of getting a lucky chest drop in half :) I really do not know what to farm anymore.

P.S. I have soloed t3 deathless and below 20 minutes several times. Unfortunately not getting stunned and hammered by the boss involves some luck. And if this happens when the boss is down to 10% you suddenly have a run of 25 minutes which is way too high.

2 way : u pt with war and the war fail stun too much and another rog kill u with runnin like crazy = overlap stone, and the another one is like u said haha

merch_master
05-03-2015, 08:02 AM
Atleast profit ratio isn't negative like elites and arena

Overweightank
05-03-2015, 09:16 AM
Your post perplexes me. The main thing I get from your post is that you really had no interest in adding any valuable discussion to the OP post. Instead your post reeks of you wanting to somehow talk about how you are an elite player and you run with and elite pve guild that knows what they are doing. I completely agree with Sera that OP gave a realistic wide range of time (6 - 12 min) to be inclusive of all different levels of skill and geared players.

I'm not in enigmatic anymore. I was just stating from what guild's I've been to. Ofc Pheonix and elite runners and such are very good aswell as people say. Wasn't trying to start trouble man :)

Just wanted to state that if the run takes too long, you will be discouraged doing 20-30 hours over 16-18 ... just some experience back when I refused to run 20 hours for 600k that I could easily merch in a few days. But now the economy is hectic so you can't really resort to merching. I see Speed > Safety (depending if ur comparing 8m to 18m)

Serancha
05-03-2015, 12:51 PM

*1+2+3 = 9-12k / run

Am i wrong ?

I did a similar calculation on the Planar Arena (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?180524-To-STS-regarding-the-planar-arena) some months back.

Granted, since then they have added things so that you can occasionally get a bit of money with reinforced gems, to reimburse some potions. Also consumables have been added to the chests, but the same % of the chest contents is poorly statted legendaries or trash epics, as it was before.

My experience with recipes and fossils is such that those may as well not be in the loot table. As are some other hard-core runners. Others, like one person I know, have gotten up to a dozen recipes. However, there seem to be more people who have lost money on the arena than have gained.

debitmandiri
05-03-2015, 06:13 PM
I'm not in enigmatic anymore. I was just stating from what guild's I've been to. Ofc Pheonix and elite runners and such are very good aswell as people say. Wasn't trying to start trouble man :)

Just wanted to state that if the run takes too long, you will be discouraged doing 20-30 hours over 16-18 ... just some experience back when I refused to run 20 hours for 600k that I could easily merch in a few days. But now the economy is hectic so you can't really resort to merching. I see Speed > Safety (depending if ur comparing 8m to 18m)

Yeah for lb purpose, speed is more important
For me low cost still 1st

aneshsinghblu
05-04-2015, 04:31 AM
would the person who looted 12 recipes please give me one. . . .

SacredKnight
05-04-2015, 04:48 AM
Am I the only one who finds it funny how the OP hasn't gotten a thank yet every post saying that the OP is correct has :3

aneshsinghblu
05-04-2015, 08:46 AM
ha ha . . .why have you not thanked him or her yet

Edward Coug
05-04-2015, 12:07 PM

I know you didn't mean it this way, but this is really discouraging to new players who want to farm planar. If you are expecting 6 minute deathless runs, Zeus and company had better be in your party. (I mean isn't the best time on the leaderboard 6 minutes?) And if you already have that kind of gear, why bother farming at all, especially in light of the plummeting prices for elite planar chests and Breeze eggs.

14 minutes is totally good for legendary geared players. Even 18 is ok, if you limit deaths.

It's this kind of attitude that keeps new players from trying planar. I give randoms a shot all the time. I really hated planar when I first started because of how cliquey it is. I'll never forget the players who gave me a chance.

Edward Coug
05-04-2015, 12:15 PM
On topic, planar is quickly becoming unfarmable. We need liquidation rates to prop up prices.