PDA

View Full Version : Bring back the para stone gem event pls

Ovtlaw
05-03-2015, 01:01 PM
Guys, we should ask sts to bring back para gems event... Since there so many new op gear items but so hard to have para...

merch_master
05-03-2015, 02:37 PM
Para gem was a part of the ursoth event I think, which is certainly coming back , though nothing's confirmed about the gem

mmaachilles211
05-03-2015, 02:42 PM
Para gem was a part of the ursoth event I think, which is certainly coming back , though nothing's confirmed about the gem

no not ursoth it was Halloween event friend

Ssneakykills
05-03-2015, 02:50 PM
No.. No more para gems lets not keep brining op gems back into circulation please

Astrea
05-03-2015, 02:58 PM
Maybe its good idea maybe its not.. Lets just see what there will be in next hallowe'en event :D

Abersit
05-03-2015, 03:40 PM
No... let them bring something better. as usual :encouragement:

merch_master
05-03-2015, 04:03 PM
no not ursoth it was Halloween event friend
My bad, I was confused btwn the two

To be or not to be...
05-03-2015, 04:17 PM
Might as well, the rich people are reserving them for 46 anyway...

Titanfall
05-03-2015, 04:35 PM
Lets not, because rich people will hoard them, and when new gear releases rich people will para them and have a solid advantage ALL THE TIME. Until the para gets overthrown. Lets not make a big problem even bigger, okay?

To be or not to be...
05-03-2015, 05:11 PM
Poor people cant run events anywhere near as fast, Ive tried it

Have you tried level 15? You can run them same as endgamers with maxed out gear (all rogue) and play as a warrior with gear costing 10-50k and u 1 hit everything anyway.

Trust me, I've done it...

Titanfall
05-03-2015, 06:08 PM
Have you tried level 15? You can run them same as endgamers with maxed out gear (all rogue) and play as a warrior with gear costing 10-50k and u 1 hit everything anyway.

Trust me, I've done it...
The majority arent top geared twinks ya know

Schnitzel
05-03-2015, 07:11 PM
I just want a gem that glows like Parac gems...

Sheentaro
05-03-2015, 09:03 PM
Poor people can hoard them to, rich people are lazy and just buy them off the people at farm them. It's a win/win

The event was 3-4 weeks last year, that was enough to get a para without spending a single penny.
If you make multiple toons then you can farm at least 3 by playing for 30-45mins a day...
Hmm Correction : Halloween Event is only up for 1 week and a few days .... The 3-4 weeks one is the Ursume Event :)

-All I do is Think and Blink-

Zynzyn
05-03-2015, 09:34 PM
Lets not, because rich people will hoard them, and when new gear releases rich people will para them and have a solid advantage ALL THE TIME. Until the para gets overthrown. Lets not make a big problem even bigger, okay?

Well said Titan. I agree. I'll be very blunt. I can see what the truth is behind the hype. When it is said that let us bridge the gap between the rich and poor and release para gems again, it is a farce. Tossing only para gems again into the game is not the solution to bridge the gap. The gap will not be bridged because the richest will always have more than the average player and on top of that they also have the best gear, multiple arcane rings, multiple arcane pets. The market has tons of para-gemmed items. The solution is enabling the average player to earn enough gold so that he can go buy the para-gemmed items and other things he needs.

As you said, indeed it is a fact that only a player with tons of gold/plat can afford to multiple run the event if a Para event happens, he can do it hundreds of times more than an average player - because of advantages. I will not mince my words. When para gems come back in the event, the richest will benefit the most. The average player will with much difficulty grab one , the seasoned player will grab 3-5 and the elite richest players will grab 10s-20s of them and maybe more. That is no solution to bridging gaps.

If they are released in arena, the richest will again benefit the most. Does the average player have the equipment to successfully do the hardest runs? No he barely finds a party. While he is gathering his gear to be good enough which will take ages, (since the richest players hoard the best gear sell to him at cut throat prices , in other words merch), fresh para gems will be hoarded again. It becomes a cycle. Now when there are only a few para-stackers, we dont want a situation of where there are multiple of them para-stackers. It is better to let the para gem supply exhaust to prevent more hoarders from stacking.

Pivot
05-03-2015, 09:55 PM
I didn't even use that much gold during event and i hoarded enough xD not giving away number :)

Zynzyn
05-03-2015, 10:06 PM
I didn't even use that much gold during event and i hoarded enough xD not giving away number :)

It took me close to 1m gold to loot one during the halloween event. After buying energy and crafting energy. I am not sure why you will not give away numbers. How much gold did you spend and how many did you loot? That info is required to substantiate your point because "much gold" and "'enough" are relative terms. :P

Arpluvial
05-03-2015, 11:40 PM
Hey guys,

We always welcome feedback, but let's make sure that our posts are remaining constructive and friendly. :)

Zeus
05-03-2015, 11:56 PM
It took me close to 1m gold to loot one during the halloween event. After buying energy and crafting energy. I am not sure why you will not give away numbers. How much gold did you spend and how many did you loot? That info is required to substantiate your point because "much gold" and "'enough" are relative terms. :P

I don't know about you but I spent about 250k per character to get to platinum tier. I didn't speed grind any of it as I didn't really need to.

SacredKnight
05-04-2015, 12:53 AM
TBH the Paragem only creates real disability issues in Twink PvP. At endgame their DMG bonus is outmatched by other stats in other items by next expansion. So it doesn't make sense why STS will reintroduce this already controversial item just for the twinks.

Disproves
05-04-2015, 02:36 AM
The problem is, if you don't bring them back where are new players going to get them from? I do agree that they killed twinking as you have to have para gear now (which most twinks do) so if you didn't bring them back it would be unfair on the new player. Yes people will hoard them but what's that to stop the new player too? If I was a new player let's say just hit 41 and there's people with 100 more damage then me just because of gems I would probably quit. I sold my para gem and the only reason I haven't quit is because I don't do twink and I rarely PvP.

SacredKnight
05-04-2015, 05:14 AM
The problem is, if you don't bring them back where are new players going to get them from? I do agree that they killed twinking as you have to have para gear now (which most twinks do) so if you didn't bring them back it would be unfair on the new player. Yes people will hoard them but what's that to stop the new player too? If I was a new player let's say just hit 41 and there's people with 100 more damage then me just because of gems I would probably quit. I sold my para gem and the only reason I haven't quit is because I don't do twink and I rarely PvP.

The fact of the matter is, unless the new player has no sense of how a game like AL works then they'd quit anyway. What I mean is, a free to play game doesn't mean free to play. It means you either pay with time or cold hard cash with IGP.

The paragem doesn't create unbalance, crates and platinum do, and those aren't going anywhere anytime. Every F2P player has to accept that and understand that unless they want to invest something into the game they're always going to be third rate.

To be or not to be...
05-04-2015, 05:49 AM
Hmm Correction : Halloween Event is only up for 1 week and a few days .... The 3-4 weeks one is the Ursume Event :)

Hmmm I think not : I came #15 in the Halloween event.
It was 2-3 weeks.

Titanfall
05-04-2015, 05:59 AM
Thats only a temporary solution if you bring them back, Everything will be okay for a few months then this time next year the problem starts again. So IMO the best thing to do is wait for new improved gear to release that will better than current twink gear.

Sheentaro
05-04-2015, 07:26 AM
Hmmm I think not : I came #15 in the Halloween event.
It was 2-3 weeks.
If I'm not mistaken , it started on October 26 or 27 then , Ended on November 6th ..

Maunyabastian
05-04-2015, 08:45 AM
While you hope them to return, I'm here hoping them to be discontinued. New players didn't have the chance to get those? Well poor you, it's an MMORPG, many discontinued items exist, don't be sad.

Earlingstad
05-04-2015, 09:41 AM
Para gems and eye gems were event gems. I do not wish to see more para gems pumped into the game right now. Even if they have to return, they should come only when the event returns.

To be or not to be...
05-04-2015, 01:10 PM
If I'm not mistaken , it started on October 26 or 27 then , Ended on November 6th ..

Well you are mistaken...it started on the 21st... GG
And ended on the 3rd of November.

All of you know nothing, pointless comments ...para gem is essential and will return.

End of story.

Ipoopsy
05-04-2015, 01:42 PM
Guys, we should ask sts to bring back para gems event... Since there so many new op gear items but so hard to have para...

It should never be brought back. Even if some hoards it, it means they're not gemming it. Therefore their equipment will be just like anyone else. And if they do gem it, that means 1 less Para in the game. And as the game progress with new expansions coming, it means that EVERYONE will have similar new equipments and gears. This way gives all people new or old to have a fair shot at whats in the near future.

Sheentaro
05-04-2015, 11:00 PM
Well you are mistaken...it started on the 21st... GG
And ended on the 3rd of November.

All of you know nothing, pointless comments ...para gem is essential and will return.

End of story.
Ohhh Then , its 2 weeks not 3 or 4 GG .. [emoji14] lol November 6th is the event cool down .. (this is when the necropolis gone and everything came back to normal ..) I guess u already knew that because you know everything right ? If u found my comment useless or pointless .. well I'm glad to say that the purpose of my comment is to prevent new players from believing that the event is up for many weeks.. Bye and Good luck [emoji4]