PDA

View Full Version : Introducing, Jewels!

Fibus
05-04-2015, 12:20 PM
When we introduced the Upgrade system nearly a year and a half ago, our goal was to give players an additional way to improve and customize their character. We are very happy that it is a feature that players love. Over time, we introduced more gems to expand upon the system, but we can only stretch the system so far. To really give players more, we needed to improve how upgrades worked at their core. And so, Jewels were born! The Jewels system will be introduced in the upcoming Rage of the Ren'gol expansion.

Designing Jewels
When we started designing the Jewels feature, we had a few goals in mind:

Expand on gems to give players more options
Reduce the pain points of the system (like not having access to your weapon for an extended period of time as you tried for a "Grand" gem).
Provide an aspirational goal that players can strive for

These goals led to a few interesting discussions and discoveries. Our first tasks were to figure out how to handle current gems. We didn't want to restrict where players can use them. Since players earned or purchased those gems, they should be able to use them as they see fit. Nerfing existing gems, or any items for that matter, is something to avoid at all cost, so we wanted to avoid that. Making more Paracellus-level gems to "even the playing field" for players that do not have them would simply worsen game balance. In the end, we felt the best course of action was to let existing gems eventually work themselves out of the game. Since they are not removeable from gear and there is only a set amount of them, they would, over time, cease to exist.

With our questions about the current gems system answered, we were now able to design the new Jewels system. After even more discussions, we eventually landed on the system that we now have to present to you all. I truly feel that it takes the best of the gems system and adds even more to it. And I hope you will agree.

Current Gems
Before jumping into Jewels, I want to assure you all that your current gems will remain untouched, as I alluded to above. Any gems you have created are still yours to keep. In no way will their functionality be changed. You can continue to socket them into any current gear you have or future gear you earn. However, you will not be able to craft new Gems after the Jewels system launches.

Jewels Overview
Moving onto Jewels, they have several similar qualities to Gems. Jewels are crafted, tradeable, and can be used to upgrade gear with additional stats.

The Jewels system also has many differences from Gems though.

Jewels have levels, 8 in total, represented by prefixes such as "Weak", "Fortified", or "Excellent". These levels determine how much of a stat they give. You can increase a Jewel's level via crafting by combining it with 2 other Jewels of the same level and type, along with some gold. For example, if you craft together three Standard Mind Jewels, you'll get one Fortified Mind Jewel.
Essences will no longer drop from mobs. Instead, Cracked Jewels will now drop from mobs. These are immediately available to use for upgrading gear. Not all types of Jewels drop in all locations though. You'll have to explore to find which Jewels drop where. Any essences you currently have can be used to craft these Cracked Jewels as well.
Jewels can not "crit". You no longer have to upgrade your gear over and over hoping for a "Grand" version. Jewels will always give the same amount of a stat.
Jewels have item level requirements. In order to upgrade a piece of gear with a Jewel, the gear must have at least a certain required level. For example, Excellent Jewels can only upgrade gear that requires character level 20 and higher.
Many more stats are now available with Jewels! There will be 8 types of Jewels available when the feature launches. In addition to the STR, DEX, and INT stats you are all used to, you can now also upgrade your gear with Jewels which grant Armor, Crit, Damage, HP, or Mana.
Jewels can be removed from gear for a gold cost. This will allow you to use that removed Jewel as part of a craft to create a better Jewel.

To give you an idea of some of the Jewels you can expect to see, here are some screenshots (art is not final, stats subject to change):

The Jewels feature will launch with the Rage of the Ren'gol expansion, which you can look forward to in the near future. :)

Haligali
05-08-2015, 11:03 AM
Wew, me like

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Zeus
05-08-2015, 11:07 AM
I like!

Now, just one question I'm a little confused on. Will gems and jewels stack?

Kriticality
05-08-2015, 11:08 AM
Awesome!! Very excited. :)))

Kingofninjas
05-08-2015, 11:11 AM
This is amazing! Thank you. The only thing I would say is please make sure the gap between the first and last tier of these jewels is not too wide. Also, please make achieving the last tier of gems very possible by pure farming.

If cracked jewels are replacing essences on the loot table, will they have the same rarity?

princesslovess
05-08-2015, 11:17 AM
Looks awesome! but i still don't understand, will the gems and jewels stack?

Ardbeg
05-08-2015, 11:25 AM
this sounds like a brilliant and well thought out solution to the current gem and farming problems. i m excited!

Haligali
05-08-2015, 11:25 AM
What type of jewels are planned to available at start? Will there be reinforced/tarlok/syrillax eye/paraclesus type of jewels?

If I keep and socket a glacial gem into lvl46 gear, will it give more stat than on a lvl41 gear?

Enchanted eye will give 1,07% crit if socketed into a lvl46 item?

Jazzi
05-08-2015, 11:30 AM
So 2187 "cracked jewels" to make a "noble jewel"? Is that correct? If so are cracked gems the only tier of gems which will be dropping? Will the drop rate be the same as of essences?

Also will the existing gems scale to lvl 46 nevertheless and if so will they still be able to "crit" (turn into a grand gem)?

Thanks a lot for the replies and sorry for the numerous questions!

supersyan
05-08-2015, 11:33 AM
It seems jewels are better than gems at LVL 20++
and
Gems are better below LVL 20

Good bye gems

PhoenixPrime
05-08-2015, 11:33 AM
This sounds good, can't wait to see it in action.

BTW, will we be able to trade in loose gems for starter jewels somehow?

Not all that critical of an issue, but I have a bunch left over from the 2X upgrade weekend and don't want to socket them now that we have jewels coming along (and they aren't going to sell for much now).

FluffNStuff
05-08-2015, 11:34 AM
So 6561 "cracked jewels" to make a "noble jewel"? Am i right?

Actually getting 2187 (3^7) since ~cracked~ is 3^0. But still, wow!

Enterradora
05-08-2015, 11:35 AM
The best thing i saw in loooong time, this would be a fresh change to the game

Jazzi
05-08-2015, 11:45 AM
Actually getting 2187 (3^7) since ~cracked~ is 3^0. But still, wow!

yes you are right. Edited the original post. 3^n-1. N being the number of gem tiers. Thanks for the correction :-)

Hoardseeker
05-08-2015, 11:49 AM
I can socket a Lv30 gem on Lv0-29 items and only can use it on Lv30+ Char? I'm correct?

2187Gems? LOOOL We got Max of 500Inventory Slots :p

Avaree
05-08-2015, 11:56 AM
+10 +10
very excited, cant wait to start farming :)

Haligali
05-08-2015, 12:01 PM
Hm, so there will be crit and damage jewels, crit jewel will give only crit or same mixed stats as enchanted eye?

merch_master
05-08-2015, 12:06 PM
Nice +1000,
Since art isnt finalized can i suggest something?
Since its upgrades, could we make each level gem minutely different from other in detail ( like add a extra shine ( that star shaped cartoon thing) or deeper shade of red as the gem upgrades or an outer metallic covering that grows thicker wiyh levels)
Its something clash of clans employs and looks lovely to see a visual difference on upgrade as well

twoxc
05-08-2015, 12:11 PM
Very very interesting.

Haligali
05-08-2015, 12:20 PM
I wanna know, armor jewel will give only armor or same design mixed stats as reinforced gems now? Same with crit jewel=enchanted eye? If no, then we need to hoard these gems to get best stats in the future.

Jazzi
05-08-2015, 12:29 PM
I wanna know, armor jewel will give only armor or same design mixed stats as reinforced gems now? Same with crit jewel=enchanted eye? If no, then we need to hoard these gems to get best stats in the future.

My thoughts exactly :)

Dalmony
05-08-2015, 12:30 PM
Yes!!

This system look promising I love it :-) It has similarities with gear systems in other games which work really well!

Candylicks
05-08-2015, 12:32 PM
Hopefully we will be able to purchase a jewelers satchel that doesn't affect our inventory space of 500.

I love the removal of grand gems. That was really great to hear.

Spell
05-08-2015, 12:36 PM
a health/mana regen gem would be awesome =]

KingMartin
05-08-2015, 12:40 PM
Sounds nice, I only hope that those jewels can be farmed in maps where we get also kills. For example searching for Amra-zu is a totally lost time for end-game toon.

Haligali
05-08-2015, 12:40 PM
a health/mana regen gem would be awesome =]

gem? you meant jewel ;)

Spell
05-08-2015, 12:43 PM
gem? you meant jewel ;)

Haha yes imma have to get used to calling gems jewels xD

Sorcerie
05-08-2015, 12:46 PM
Hopefully we will be able to purchase a jewelers satchel that doesn't affect our inventory space of 500.This, or else we're gonna need a major upgrade to inventory and stash space. yikes.

Edit// And while I enjoy this new upcoming feature, I gotta say, I'm gonna miss the simplicity of the current gem arrangement. You pick one and it does what it does, normal or grand. This new Jem feature looks like it allows for a lot more room for customization, but at the expense of complexity. Now I gotta hunt for three kinds of Jems (fire, glacial, blood) and on top of that we have damage, crit, armor, HP, and Mana Jewels. All with their own levels of upgrade. O.O;;

BUT, at least these can be removed from armors once they've been crafted. So you don't have to worry about losing any after taking all that time to craft a max level Jem.

So in a manner of speaking we'll be starting from scratch. Exciting! But admittedly, very daunting, LOL.

RIP
05-08-2015, 12:48 PM
Will be able to craft the jewels on level 41 gears ? , in other words what are the level requirements ?

Gonnil
05-08-2015, 12:58 PM
I like this !!! well done STS.

Can we expect to get somewhere to keep these jewels that wont adversly affect our inv space ?

azagreoralu
05-08-2015, 01:01 PM
Hope this new system works. I like it, it will give us a new thing to work for and farm. I one question, will the new damage gems be better then parda

azagreoralu
05-08-2015, 01:03 PM
Will be able to craft the jewels on level 41 gears ? , in other words what are the level requirements ?

From how they have it in the pictures it looks like level 30+ is for the best gems. But they could always change it

Fibus
05-08-2015, 01:08 PM
So happy to see that people are excited about Jewels! :) I've answered some of your questions below.

I like!

Now, just one question I'm a little confused on. Will gems and jewels stack?
You can have both Gems and Jewels in your gear and the effects, in all current cases, will stack. So if you have a Glacial Gem, the +INT will stack with the +INT granted by a Mind Jewel. That said, the stacking rules for Gems and Jewels is the same as the rest of the game. If we were to introduce Jewels in the future with bonuses such as +Damage%. only the highest value would count.

BTW, will we be able to trade in loose gems for starter jewels somehow?
This is not currently part of the design.

Hm, so there will be crit and damage jewels, crit jewel will give only crit or same mixed stats as enchanted eye?
The Jewels available from the start will increase a single stat.

Jewels have gear level requirements. So, if you are a level 25 Sorcerer wearing a helm with a level requirement of 25, the best Jewel you would be able to place in that helm is a Superb Jewel. If you are a level 25 Sorcerer wearing a helm with a level requirement of 20, the best Jewel you would be able to place in that helm is an Excellent Jewel. It all comes down to the item you are placing the Jewel into.

scarysmerf
05-08-2015, 01:08 PM
O.o mind blown looks cool cant wait to try new jewls

Arrowz
05-08-2015, 01:09 PM
So do jewels fit in the current gem slots? Or are there seperate jewel slots? Id assume the former but if anyone could confirm i'd appreciate it

Mucsi
05-08-2015, 01:09 PM
If essences no longer drop anymore, what will happen or what should we collect to craft arcane ring?

Serancha
05-08-2015, 01:15 PM
Very interesting. Look forward to seeing how this develops.

When you refer to potential damage % gems, assuming this was theoretical, you said only the highest % would work. So would this apply against elixirs and passives also? Like if you had damage gems they would override damage passive, but damage elixir or pet damage % would render them useless? If so, I wouldn't see the point in releasing those at all.

Avaree
05-08-2015, 01:15 PM
Are these jewels lootable in elite maps only? If not, its something to consider due to botters.

Zeus
05-08-2015, 01:20 PM
So happy to see that people are excited about Jewels! :) I've answered some of your questions below.

You can have both Gems and Jewels in your gear and the effects, in all current cases, will stack. So if you have a Glacial Gem, the +INT will stack with the +INT granted by a Mind Jewel. That said, the stacking rules for Gems and Jewels is the same as the rest of the game. If we were to introduce Jewels in the future with bonuses such as +Damage%. only the highest value would count.

Jewels have gear level requirements. So, if you are a level 25 Sorcerer wearing a helm with a level requirement of 25, the best Jewel you would be able to place in that helm is a Superb Jewel. If you are a level 25 Sorcerer wearing a helm with a level requirement of 20, the best Jewel you would be able to place in that helm is an Excellent Jewel. It all comes down to the item you are placing the Jewel into.

Hey Fibus,

First off, thanks for answering my question!

One more thing, if the jewel system is replacing the gem system, it is crucial to make ensure that these jewels will beat enchanted eyes/para gems. Otherwise, you will have players with stats that other players will never be able to achieve (such as myself). With expansions lasting up to a year, this is not wise as players would have to wait a year for such gems to phase out! Having more OP players for yet another year is not healthy either.

Fibus
05-08-2015, 01:25 PM
So do jewels fit in the current gem slots? Or are there seperate jewel slots? Id assume the former but if anyone could confirm i'd appreciate it
Jewels use the same slots as Gems and work in all current gear.

Very interesting. Look forward to seeing how this develops.

When you refer to potential damage % gems, assuming this was theoretical, you said only the highest % would work. So would this apply against elixirs and passives also? Like if you had damage gems they would override damage passive, but damage elixir or pet damage % would render them useless? If so, I wouldn't see the point in releasing those at all.The +Damage% was just a theoretical, as you mentioned. You also stated a valid reason as to why there isn't currently a +Damage% Jewel. :)

Kriticality
05-08-2015, 01:33 PM
Stop messing with my investments zeus. lol

RIP
05-08-2015, 01:33 PM
"Paper is fine. Nerf Rock." -Scissors LMAO

Avaree
05-08-2015, 01:34 PM
"Paper is fine. Nerf Rock." -Scissors LMAO

sweet quote, huh!

Ipoopsy
05-08-2015, 01:37 PM
Great post :-)

I like that alot.

Haligali
05-08-2015, 01:41 PM
Making more Paracellus-level gems to "even the playing field" for players that do not have them would simply worsen game balance.

Many more stats are now available with Jewels! There will be 8 types of Jewels available when the feature launches. In addition to the STR, DEX, and INT stats you are all used to, you can now also upgrade your gear with Jewels which grant Armor, Crit, Damage, HP, or Mana.

paracelsus gem=damage jewel so its a bit confusing for me.

Oezheasate
05-08-2015, 01:50 PM
Awesome like it

DarrenPR
05-08-2015, 01:52 PM
Will there be an associated crafting time with crafting these jewels? If so, have you considered the user experience ramifications of having such a thing? As some people eluded to, it'll take over 2000 cracked jewels to get the best level 8 jewel... even if the crafting is 1 hour for each 2 jewels (or 3 jewels) you're looking at a crazy time to craft. If it stays at 8 hours like it is now... I don't even want to know what the community response will be. Whatever you do, please don't make this a platinum hog.

merch_master
05-08-2015, 02:04 PM
Will there be an associated crafting time with crafting these jewels? If so, have you considered the user experience ramifications of having such a thing? As some people eluded to, it'll take over 2000 cracked jewels to get the best level 8 jewel... even if the crafting is 1 hour for each 2 jewels (or 3 jewels) you're looking at a crazy time to craft. If it stays at 8 hours like it is now... I don't even want to know what the community response will be. Whatever you do, please don't make this a platinum hog.
The start of fibus's post says they realise one of the problem with jewels is their craft time and hence unusability for thst period of time and they want to correct it
So im guessing either you can use your current jewel while upgrading or upgrading will be short( since they hav said gold will be involved in upgrades)

morgy84
05-08-2015, 02:04 PM
Ty StS :)
I really love to read such informations.
I think it will be a really good way to revive (a lil bit) the farming community.
Maybe we have more "gem/juwel" setups with these new jewels that will work for a specific task :)
Some questions i still have xD

These "basic juwels" are dropping like esses but only in a specific area ... like basic int juwel only in dead city maps . Am i right?

Also .. all states (prefixes) of these gems are tradeable?

merch_master
05-08-2015, 02:06 PM
paracelsus gem=damage jewel so its a bit confusing for me.
Its not mentioned para will be the dmg jewel; itll probably replaced by a dmg jewel with nerfed stats

Ssneakykills
05-08-2015, 02:09 PM
How will we obtain these jewels? Same we we earn the current gems?

merch_master
05-08-2015, 02:11 PM
How will we obtain these jewels? Same we we earn the current gems?
Lvl 1 cracked jewels will be dropping just like essences it seems, which can be combined to give higher lvl jewels

mmaachilles211
05-08-2015, 02:15 PM
Ah man this is awesome :) I saw this and immediate thought of Diablo. Weaker tiered gems being used to eventually craft perfect jewels :) Idea is great and should bring alot of variation to the game :D

+10000 STS cheers :)

Haligali
05-08-2015, 02:16 PM
Hm, i see many problems now.

These new jewel system has some good sides, but the current gem system also. eg. We are always on need of gems, if we get new gear, so if you loot/farm gems you could sell or use it. With jewels we dont need to farm new ones, just remove from old gear and put into in the new. In the future there will be a point, when we couldnt sell jewels because everyone got their best jewels.

Enchanted eye will be a problem also, it currently gives 9 overall stat at lvl30+ plus crit, while these new jewels only 8 so. Im using 9 eye gems currently, with jewels the max i can get is 24/24/24 instead of 27/27/27 plus 8.73% crit. Idk whats the crit jewel stats now, one noble crit jewel will give +8% crit from lvl30?

People still hoard many eye gems, it will be very expensive in the future and gives an unfair advantage for rich players again.

rkp71
05-08-2015, 02:20 PM
Really sounds good, I hope it is implemented good as well.

Enterradora
05-08-2015, 02:23 PM

These new jewel system has some good sides, but the current gem system also. eg. We are always on need of gems, if we get new gear, so if you loot/farm gems you could sell or use it. With jewels we dont need to farm new ones, just remove from old gear and put into in the new. In the future there will be a point, when we couldnt sell jewels because everyone got their best jewels.

Enchanted eye will be a problem also, it currently gives 9 overall stat at lvl30+ plus crit, while these new jewels only 8 so. Im using 9 eye gems currently, with jewels the max i can get is 24/24/24 instead of 27/27/27 plus 8.73% crit. Idk whats the crit jewel stats now, one noble crit jewel will give +8% crit from lvl30?

People still hoard many eye gems, it will be very expensive in the future and gives an unfair advantage for rich players again.

these jewels give 8 aT LVL 30 JEWEL but can be better jewers

Kriticality
05-08-2015, 02:25 PM

In the short term yes. But there is a finite supply and the initial post stated that because of the finite supply that they will eventually be phased out. There are many eyes already socketed with no way to remove them.

A good compliment to the new jewels is obviously releasing gear more consistently as well. Should zap the eyes and paras unless people wanna sit on them, in which case they would likely be sacrificing any momentary advantage that the gems offer.

Haligali
05-08-2015, 02:26 PM
these jewels give 8 aT LVL 30 JEWEL but can be better jewers

'Jewels have levels, 8 in total, represented by prefixes such as "Weak", "Fortified", or "Excellent". '

Excuses
05-08-2015, 02:26 PM
Very nice idea for gem and farming.

But 2187 for one jewel and 32805 for all gears sound bit too much?
Or will these jewels drop rate be not so rare?

We need to farm 350 jewel everyday for 3 month to reach 31500...

GuardianTwo
05-08-2015, 02:30 PM

For this , I think it should be like this... We put cracked jewel into a slot of gear, now got one more (and say 2 cracked is gonna make damaged jewel) so lets not make it like that we have to take that jewel out of gear(for gold as mentioned) , then combine those 2 cracked one to make damaged one. Lets make it other way round. Got the 2nd cracked, then we have to put the gear with that cracked one we recently looted and select the old slot in which we have cracked, and pay gold and it will be "jewel"ed(as we say gemmed) with the damaged one.
So in short this will not allow players to take out jewels from one gear to put it into other gear, making it a worse ending in some time as you mentioned, but also let players to upgrade that jewel to next better one with using the older one placed in the gear.

now just a bit off topic: For anyone did it remind of Diablo II , Horadric Cube , Transmute 3 gems of same category/type to get the next better gem of that type, just like me?? :)

Chr0nic
05-08-2015, 02:34 PM
Jewel gem only + intil?? ,when expansion released??

RIP
05-08-2015, 02:38 PM
the gem market is really tense , i think this have been announced way too early .

Jazzi
05-08-2015, 02:44 PM
the gem market is really tense , i think this have been announced way too early .

You might be right about that sir :).

Nevertheless I like the idea a lot. Of anyone has played a game like Diablo 3 you would know that getting those highest tier jewels in all sockets will be a very very long term goal if u resort to farming them alone.

Enterradora
05-08-2015, 02:58 PM
'Jewels have levels, 8 in total, represented by prefixes such as "Weak", "Fortified", or "Excellent". '

atm i only see the jewels max lvl30 it will be more high lvl i guess

8 jewels is DEX, STR, INT, ARMOR, DAMAGE, MANA, HP and CRITIC

Haligali
05-08-2015, 03:02 PM
atm i only see the jewels max lvl30 it will be more high lvl i guess

8 jewels is DEX, STR, INT, ARMOR, DAMAGE, MANA, HP and CRITIC

zz the types are mentined in a different section, its obvious that there will be 8 level if you read correctly.

Kriticality
05-08-2015, 03:03 PM
You might be right about that sir :).

Nevertheless I like the idea a lot. Of anyone has played a game like Diablo 3 you would know that getting those highest tier jewels in all sockets will be a very very long term goal if u resort to farming them alone.

It's a pretty good idea that both supports the buyers and the farmers. I imagine those highest tiered jewels will be quite expensive and well worth farming for. At least hopefully. In addition, maxed players will have another two slots available with new mythic armor and helm (over imbued). Imagine selling a 3 noble crit/damage bow!! I'm excited!!

Enterradora
05-08-2015, 03:19 PM
zz the types are mentined in a different section, its obvious that there will be 8 level if you read correctly.

If lvl30(noble) is the max then we have a problem because eyes/paras will still be better as u said

3 eyes give 9ALL STATS and around 4% critic.

3 Nobles STR, INT and DEX give 8 ALL STATS and no critic.

Idk about DMG jewels cuz no info yet

represents
05-08-2015, 03:26 PM
Very good idea! Will make people better with the 8 diffrent levels. But of course i have a question too will there be a damage gem also?

twoxc
05-08-2015, 03:28 PM
Jewels can be removed from gear for a gold cost. This will allow you to use that removed Jewel as part of a craft to create a better Jewel.

Just for a better understanding. Is the removed Jewel the same Jewel as the one I put into the gear? for example if I have a Noble jewel on a gear and I want to remove it by costing some gold. Do I get the same Noble Jewel or a lower grade jewel? say Superb jewel.

Dex Scene
05-08-2015, 03:37 PM
I kinda like the way they are better than gems.
That makes people wanna get rid of their gems and get the jewels!
Noone can complain about losing their hard earned gems as they are untouched.

However I would like to see how the Damage and Crit jewels are being thinking of?
Can any dev post a non finalised art of Damage and crit jewels?

wizzaq
05-08-2015, 03:38 PM
Nice jewel system STS
like to use in feature !!!
few questions: Is the chance getting this jewels as high as the 'gems' we have now?
Each new map in the expansion drops a sort of jewel?
Will the stats of the jewels big change ?
cuz in forum was written: Stats subject can change.

Kakashis
05-08-2015, 03:54 PM
para gems will somehow just go away? all the best twinks hold half to full sets of these gems boosting their damage 30% higher than what these jewels maxed out can do... Nice system, but 2000+ jewels to get one of the best tiered jewel better sell for more than 200k each. Right now that's about how much gems are going for at 1-1.5k each minus cs listing fees. It will hit a point where once everyone has full sets of these gems for their gears that removing them and placing on new gears would make farming them irrelevant in the long term. Short term it will solve gem bottom prices for sure :) I hope that removal of these gems from gears should cost at a minimum of 200k each such that it will guarantee us players a bottom price of these jewels.

Please keep it to:
Removing price > New crafted jewel price (market determined)

wizzaq
05-08-2015, 04:22 PM
Maybe its possible to make a chest with all gems in it
Name of chest can be: Gem crate (think not a great name :)
and the drop can be of bosses all around arlor maps.
i know there are coming 'jewels' but thats start in expansion
and the expansion takes a long time
so maybe it can be a event or something
like: gem crate weekend, bosses of all maps drop gem crates.
These can be tradeable and you can loot 1 gem on each crate
hope you guys like this idea
~wizzaq

EQT
05-08-2015, 04:43 PM
Lol these current stats on the jewels are over powered af. The stat boost is heavy, this would widen the gap as paragem damage would be far greater in application because of the primary stat boost.

Fibus
05-08-2015, 04:44 PM
Still keeping an eye on this thread and answering questions that I can answer. Apologies if I can't answer all of your questions at this time.

Just for a better understanding. Is the removed Jewel the same Jewel as the one I put into the gear? for example if I have a Noble jewel on a gear and I want to remove it by costing some gold. Do I get the same Noble Jewel or a lower grade jewel? say Superb jewel.
You will receive the same Jewel that you used for the upgrade. If you used a Noble Jewel, then you will get a Noble Jewel back. No downgrade will occur.

few questions: Is the chance getting this jewels as high as the 'gems' we have now?
Each new map in the expansion drops a sort of jewel?
Will the stats of the jewels big change ?
cuz in forum was written: Stats subject can change.
1. We designed this system to be able to grow as we add more content to Arcane Legends. That's pretty much all I can say right now.
2. Log in and play once Jewels become available and you can tell me where they come from. :)
3. Stats for everything related to the expansion are always getting minor tweaks here and there as we play test the content internally. That is why you haven't really seen any previews that contain stats. We don't want to show something, then change it after having shown it to you.

wizzaq
05-08-2015, 04:51 PM
1. We designed this system to be able to grow as we add more content to Arcane Legends. That's pretty much all I can say right now.
2. Log in and play once Jewels become available and you can tell me where they come from. :)
3. Stats for everything related to the expansion are always getting minor tweaks here and there as we play test the content internally. That is why you haven't really seen any previews that contain stats. We don't want to show something, then change it after having shown it to you.[/QUOTE]

Really thx for information and answers :)
Im looking forward to this great system

Abelgaval
05-08-2015, 04:51 PM
If lvl30(noble) is the max then we have a problem because eyes/paras will still be better as u said

then use 3 primary jewels in lvl30 gear
3 eyes 9str 9dex 9int +crit
3 noble jewel 3*8primary stat =24
In all classes 24 primary> 9str+9dex+9int

How about arcane ring recipe must change since essences will don't drop anymore.

Memorials
05-08-2015, 05:11 PM
When we introduced the Upgrade system nearly a year and a half ago, our goal was to give players an additional way to improve and customize their character. We are very happy that it is a feature that players love. Over time, we introduced more gems to expand upon the system, but we can only stretch the system so far. To really give players more, we needed to improve how upgrades worked at their core. And so, Jewels were born! The Jewels system will be introduced in the upcoming Rage of the Ren'gol expansion.

Designing Jewels
When we started designing the Jewels feature, we had a few goals in mind:

Expand on gems to give players more options
Reduce the pain points of the system (like not having access to your weapon for an extended period of time as you tried for a "Grand" gem).
Provide an aspirational goal that players can strive for

These goals led to a few interesting discussions and discoveries. Our first tasks were to figure out how to handle current gems. We didn't want to restrict where players can use them. Since players earned or purchased those gems, they should be able to use them as they see fit. Nerfing existing gems, or any items for that matter, is something to avoid at all cost, so we wanted to avoid that. Making more Paracellus-level gems to "even the playing field" for players that do not have them would simply worsen game balance. In the end, we felt the best course of action was to let existing gems eventually work themselves out of the game. Since they are not removeable from gear and there is only a set amount of them, they would, over time, cease to exist.

With our questions about the current gems system answered, we were now able to design the new Jewels system. After even more discussions, we eventually landed on the system that we now have to present to you all. I truly feel that it takes the best of the gems system and adds even more to it. And I hope you will agree.

Current Gems
Before jumping into Jewels, I want to assure you all that your current gems will remain untouched, as I alluded to above. Any gems you have created are still yours to keep. In no way will their functionality be changed. You can continue to socket them into any current gear you have or future gear you earn. However, you will not be able to craft new Gems after the Jewels system launches.

Jewels Overview
Moving onto Jewels, they have several similar qualities to Gems. Jewels are crafted, tradeable, and can be used to upgrade gear with additional stats.

The Jewels system also has many differences from Gems though.

Jewels have levels, 8 in total, represented by prefixes such as "Weak", "Fortified", or "Excellent". These levels determine how much of a stat they give. You can increase a Jewel's level via crafting by combining it with 2 other Jewels of the same level and type, along with some gold. For example, if you craft together three Standard Mind Jewels, you'll get one Fortified Mind Jewel.
Essences will no longer drop from mobs. Instead, Cracked Jewels will now drop from mobs. These are immediately available to use for upgrading gear. Not all types of Jewels drop in all locations though. You'll have to explore to find which Jewels drop where. Any essences you currently have can be used to craft these Cracked Jewels as well.
Jewels can not "crit". You no longer have to upgrade your gear over and over hoping for a "Grand" version. Jewels will always give the same amount of a stat.
Jewels have item level requirements. In order to upgrade a piece of gear with a Jewel, the gear must have at least a certain required level. For example, Excellent Jewels can only upgrade gear that requires character level 20 and higher.

To give you an idea of some of the Jewels you can expect to see, here are some screenshots (art is not final, stats subject to change):

The Jewels feature will launch with the Rage of the Ren'gol expansion, which you can look forward to in the near future. :)

Cant Wait :)... But i swear if better than para....

JohnnyHardcore
05-08-2015, 05:20 PM

Obviously this new system leaves lots of room for expansion. Regens or movement speed anywhere on the table currently?

Haligali
05-08-2015, 06:19 PM

yep and there are the dinamic scaled gems too (elondrian shard, reinforced gems etc) which increase stats on every level, unlike these new jewels, it may be a minor problem also.

Haligali
05-08-2015, 06:22 PM
In all classes 24 primary> 9str+9dex+9int

This is false, enchanted eye is the most favoured gem currently both for sorcerers and rogues, you can compensate the damage loss from the primary stat with para gems or damage jewels easy.

SacredKnight
05-08-2015, 06:36 PM
Interesting.....can't comment yet. I'll need to see this in action..

Cursebaby
05-08-2015, 07:42 PM
Awesomeee!!!

Khicho
05-08-2015, 07:57 PM
Great concept! Nicely done with this!

mark_02_neil
05-08-2015, 07:58 PM
nice.. and because of these expansion is really FAR ;)

Zylx
05-08-2015, 07:59 PM
Awesommmmmme!!!!!!

Dalmony
05-08-2015, 08:31 PM

I do like it when things are left to us to figure out, especially if it takes a bit of time to do ^_^

Reminds me of when Elite Bael and Krunch II just appeared as AP one day and then there was a mad game wide rush to try and work out how/where they spawned.

Kyle Holmes
05-08-2015, 08:54 PM
This is great! I love the idea!!!! And it proves you are listening, I read somewhere and someone said to keep the farming in old maps alive instead of killing them, these jewels will do just that. Thanks StS great job.

sent from fritters beak

vawaid
05-08-2015, 09:40 PM
it' sounds like moba system, to avoid op items. I like it.

sent by a nab using tapasucks

siddhant
05-08-2015, 10:15 PM
nice the amt of work and ideas being put behind for the next expansion seems great!!!gives me an incentive to come back and play waiting for next expansion:)

eugene9707
05-08-2015, 10:16 PM

for damage... it it like para? or it's like passive damage ?
while we're at it , any plans to chance the way passive damage works ?

This is amazing! Thank you. The only thing I would say is please make sure the gap between the first and last tier of these jewels is not too wide. Also, please make achieving the last tier of gems very possible by pure farming.

If cracked jewels are replacing essences on the loot table, will they have the same rarity?

shouldn't there be? it takes 2187 first tire to get 1 last tire jewels....

Mikel Gunawan
05-08-2015, 10:27 PM
not bad not bad :3

Wazakesy
05-08-2015, 11:17 PM

Holy cow! A replacement of para gems, or will they be less powerful than the current para-gems we have ATM?!

Caabatric
05-08-2015, 11:26 PM
Well done and is major changing to gameplay, play style, and people run with far different stats and gems now!!!
The complexity is great as higher level players will search for the besgt combinations of gems to their play style, and lower level can stick with the good old primary stats and not lose out on too much.
In pve I think that 4 rogue parties however are going to become more and more prominent because these rogues can get a huge amount of str from these gems...
I suggest making certain mobs in the map un-able to be crit unless those mobs are under sorcerer time shift, or the war used skyward smash in the past x-seconds to make the other classes wanted in time runs and usual runs.

ketoh
05-09-2015, 12:27 AM
o m g
█۞███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃ ●
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂…
[███████████████████]
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤

epicrrr
05-09-2015, 01:19 AM
now were talking, good stuff!

BeoNeo
05-09-2015, 03:08 AM
Wait.can we take out gems from clothes and then they become jewels?(para and eye?)

ceanizes
05-09-2015, 03:34 AM
Great idea guys :) I can't wait, hopefully jewels drop as frequently as essences did. Will they drop all over Arlor or just at the new map?

Hobilomm
05-09-2015, 03:55 AM
Very good. However if i understand right, probably crack armor jewel should be more rare than int str and dex so, if we need 128 crack for 1 best. Seems a bit hard.

Abersit
05-09-2015, 04:26 AM
Finally i am happy to see that STS are moving towards hardwork and farming rather than the crazy LUCK , we hope to see something like this for the crafing of the new 46 gears, (HARD WORK OVER LUCK PLS!!!)

kinzmet
05-09-2015, 05:05 AM
Great concept! Finally an evolving gear piece!

One question! Hence the jewels can be upgraded/combine to form stronger jewel, would they provide some particle effects on the gears? For example Fortified jewel gives blue glow while Noble jewels emits red glow. It would definitely add exciting experience for the players.

Madnex
05-09-2015, 09:16 AM
This is pretty neat. Can we have the latest, most powerful versions of these gems out-perform Enchanted Eye gems? That'd be really awesome. Thanks.

PhoenixPrime
05-09-2015, 10:28 AM
In pve I think that 4 rogue parties however are going to become more and more prominent because these rogues can get a huge amount of str from these gems...
I suggest making certain mobs in the map un-able to be crit unless those mobs are under sorcerer time shift, or the war used skyward smash in the past x-seconds to make the other classes wanted in time runs and usual runs.

I think one of the devs made a post a while back that mentioned that the new areas are designed with all the classes in mind. Supposedly you'll get a better playing experience if you go in with a full team with all the classes in it. Going to be interesting to see how all these changes work out, 8^).

twoxc
05-09-2015, 10:37 AM
This is pretty neat. Can we have the latest, most powerful versions of these gems out-perform Enchanted Eye gems? That'd be really awesome. Thanks.

that's what i'm hoping also lol. Enchanted eyes gem aren't all that great, It's a preferable for PVP only because of extra HP/MANA and CRIT for Rogue. As for PVE the damage is a huge different if you were to have super fire or super tarlok wind. To this day with all the gems that are out, If you want straight up pure damage. it's all para or all super fire gem which give highest damage in stats. tarlok wind super is 5dex/3int still less damage then super fire gem 6 dex xD
Reason Tarlok wind is preferable cause of mana for rogue. 90mana>1 damage lol.

Polong Ama Luzadas
05-09-2015, 10:59 AM
This is quite good for us in this comin expansion.i just want to know if we can still use and craft the para gems when expansion comes?because i still have two para gems,waiting for expansion to come for me to craft it into new weapons,helm,armor,ring,amulet,if there is?!i sacrificed months just to saved it to earn more gold for craftin it into new items lvl 42 to 46.And if we can also unattached the gems like jewel for payin a certain amount of gold like what youved stated...?!hope this can be clarify before expansion comes,coz i dont want my para gems,not to be use in new items when expansion comes.tnx

youre friendly but psycho hero,

hitback....pilot!

Kriticality
05-09-2015, 11:03 AM
that's what i'm hoping also lol. Enchanted eyes gem aren't all that great, It's a preferable for PVP only because of extra HP/MANA and CRIT for Rogue. As for PVE the damage is a huge different if you were to have super fire or super tarlok wind. To this day with all the gems that are out, If you want straight up pure damage. it's all para or all super fire gem which give highest damage in stats. tarlok wind super is 5dex/3int still less damage then super fire gem 6 dex xD
Reason Tarlok wind is preferable cause of mana for rogue. 90mana>1 damage lol.

Just from a rogues PVP standpoint:

They would have to add +12 at the highest level. Since the jewels are single stat, +9 could be preferable to a tank or mage that doesn't care about crit. It begs the question, how can you get +9/9/9 3crit from three of these if you wanted balance? Since they've stated they are single area jewels, ie int is int, you couldn't. You would need a minimum of 4 jewels(int/str/dex/crit). If they provide +12 or more then 4 of them could be better than eye gems for balance. Keep in mind, this would be at the highest level as well, so it's not like they will be available quickly. That's a pretty big stat boost.

Eye gems will still be needed, especially at first for rogues in PVP for balance. Assuming the highest tier is better than eye gems somehow and that it may take weeks to craft even 1 of them, it would likely take months and months before eyes could be phased out or would become obsolete.

As far as paras go, seems that the highest damage jewels could be better than all but probably the first para.

gereomanchie
05-09-2015, 11:06 AM
I hope we can craft lock in goblin event!

Polong Ama Luzadas
05-09-2015, 11:18 AM
Well krit,maybe they can make a good idea and solution for the eye,if we upgrade it,it can be grand gem also,so the stats will x2 higher and can be strong also to socket into new weapons,but im really hoping the para gems that is not yet use or socketed to weapons can be use in new items when the expansion comes and it will not be removed,ived worked hard for that two para gem and waited for this long to earn more gold.hehheheheee,

STS!!!Plss...let us know a month before the expansion comes k,tnx

nuwar
05-09-2015, 12:27 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-DEuHlL9zY&feature=youtu.be

Niixed
05-09-2015, 01:39 PM
Have to say... the more I think about it, the more I love this system.

Granding did prevent gameplay from occurring. No more backup gear sets, no more wasting millions of gold destroying 20-40 gems hoping the luck gods will be kind this time. No more player resentment over feeling forced to spend ridiculous amounts of plat for a tiny benefit that a single grand would yield.

Also having mobs in various locations drop different types of cracked jewels... a very nice touch. This will encourage farming and give players incentive to use every map. New players will benefit because older players can farm while helping new players. I was going to introduce this idea in a post, but I can see STS is already implementing it.

+1 thumbs up like retweet

CYC
05-09-2015, 02:03 PM
It may be a disaster.

Anakraotaba
05-09-2015, 02:16 PM
So gems will be gone :o

Youtuber
05-09-2015, 03:54 PM
Cant wait for these Jewels!

Oakmaiden
05-09-2015, 05:02 PM
Sounds like a grand,er noble idea lol ;)

Energizeric
05-09-2015, 05:09 PM
I just saw this thread today. So here are my thoughts....

1) Excellent system as it rewards hard work (farming for jewels) instead of luck (hoping to get a grand gem).

2) Some people have pointed out how you would need 2k+ jewels to craft the best jewel, and that then translates into 30k+ for a full set of 5 arcane/mythic items. I think the point here is that it will be unrealistic for anyone to expect to get a full set of the best jewels.... which is the way it should be.

I'm sick and tired of everyone constantly maxing out in this game. I've expressed this frustration before when it comes to Achievement Points as I believe there should be infinite available APs. For example, if someone has 1m PvE kills, they should earn an achievement for that, and if someone has 5m, then give them one for that. Someone just reached 100k PvP kills, so there should be achievement points for that too.

Well the same should be with gear and gems/jewels. There should always be room for improvement even for the players with the best gear. And this new system seems to allow that. Maybe it will keep players interested in PvE a bit longer as in the last expansion most players got bored after a month or two. If there is reason to keep farming, then people will stay interested.

So get this idea out of your head that you MUST have the best jewels in all slots -- it's not gonna happen. Just do your best.

3) I see no point in stopping at 8 levels of these jewels. I say make it go up to 10. Yes, there's a small chance that anyone would be so dedicated as to work hard enough to build up their gems that high, but why not make it possible? If someone wants to spend the time they should be rewarded. Imagine if it went up to 10 levels and someone managed to build that level 10 jewel that took 18k cracked jewels to make. Imagine what they could sell this gem for. I'm sure many of the elite rich players would pay a fortune for it. Remember that these jewels can be removed from gear and reused later on, so the top tier of a jewel like this would be worth a lot, and would be something a player could work towards over a very long time.

4) I do think that some of the elite discontinued gems, such as Para or Enchanged Eye should retain a small advantage over the best jewels in the same category. The common complaint that has been expressed is that no new player could ever manage to compete then. Well that is not true, since gear is tradable and a new player could buy gear with a para gem on it. So just as a new level 10 warrior cannot loot a dark watch sword (which many consider the best warrior weapon at level 10) as they are discontinued, you will also not be able to loot a new para gem. But that does not mean you can't work hard, save your gold, and buy one from someone. These items will always be available for sale as there are plenty of them in circulation. Otherwise many players will lose huge investments they made in gear, and essentially it will be the same as nerfing those items.

5) I think the older gems will still be desirable as they will be a good place to begin when you get new gear, while you wait for your jewels to build. Remember that on a level 46 item, a single glacial/fire/blood gem probably gives as many stat points as a jewel containing 80 or so cracked jewels. So no better way to start off your new gear but with an older gem, and then replace it at some point with a jewel after you have had time to upgrade your jewels.

Proposal
05-09-2015, 06:31 PM
"You can increase a Jewel's level via crafting by combining it with 2 other Jewels of the same level and type, along with some gold. For example, if you craft together three Standard Mind Jewels, you'll get one Fortified Mind Jewel." -Fibus

Sorry, I'm confused here.. in order to increase Jewel's level, we need to combine 2 OR 3 Jewels of the same level and type? The amount required for other Jewel's level would be the same? Apologise for my bad english.

davidvilla
05-10-2015, 01:49 AM
As gems will be discontinued now the major concern of everybody is how damage jewel gonna work at such context.
Will it be on the basis of 1-10, 11-20, 21-30, 31-40, 41+
Or,
1-5, 6-10, 11-15, 16-20, 21-25, 26-30, 31-35, 36-40, 41-46

Gradually increasing on first one like (0.5,1, 1.5, 2 ) damage
Or,
0.25, 0.5, 0.75, 1, 1.25, 1.5, 1.75....... Damage

Bogdan Elisei
05-10-2015, 03:42 AM
Awesome!!!
But why would a mind jewel be red? I preffer them blue...

69Displayed69
05-10-2015, 08:04 AM
I dont really understand 2187 cracked to be 1 noble, how can we put 2187 item in 500inventory? And how long to craft? Duhh i dont understand this system.. But anyway i wanna feel this new system, when will it start?

oneazeli
05-10-2015, 08:08 AM
I second That !

Haligali
05-10-2015, 10:28 AM
I dont really understand 2187 cracked to be 1 noble, how can we put 2187 item in 500inventory? And how long to craft? Duhh i dont understand this system.. But anyway i wanna feel this new system, when will it start?

You can craft 3 lvl1 jewel into 1 lvl2 jewel, then 3 lvl2 jewel into 1 lvl3 jewel, it will take less inventory space than the current holding 10essence to craft 1 gem, so don't afraid.

Energizeric
05-10-2015, 10:29 AM

You don't have to put 2187 items in your inventory. When you have 3, you can craft it into the next best gem, and when you have 3 of those, you can craft again into the next best one. So you gradually upgrade your gems over time. No need to save up 2187 all at once. Every time you get 3 you can craft again to combine.

edit: hehe, Hali beat me to it!

Trojan2100
05-10-2015, 10:53 AM
I have to admit I've been very negative towards Sts lately with lock price dropping , nothing to farm for non plat users , catering rich ppl . But this jewel idea sounds excellent . Ppl have something to farm for those cant run arena . Let's hope sts add few more stuff normal players can farm for without plats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kinzmet
05-10-2015, 10:59 AM
So 2187 "cracked jewels" to make a "noble jewel"? Is that correct? If so are cracked gems the only tier of gems which will be dropping? Will the drop rate be the same as of essences?

Also will the existing gems scale to lvl 46 nevertheless and if so will they still be able to "crit" (turn into a grand gem)?

Thanks a lot for the replies and sorry for the numerous questions!

Can you explain how did you got to 2187 "cracked jewels" for a "noble jewel"???
According to the explanation of Fibus, its combination of 2 same class of jewel will make it to highier class
So,
(2 cracked) 1-Cracked + 1-Cracked = 1 Damage
(4 cracked) 1-Damage + 1-Damage = 1 Weak
(8 Cracked) 1-Weak +1-Weak = 1 Standard
(16 Cracked) 1 Standard + 1 Standard = 1 Fortified
(32 Cracked) 1 Fort + 1 Fort = 1 Excellent
(64 Cracked) 1 Excell + 1 Excell = 1 Superb
(128 Cracked) 1 Sup + 1 Sup = 1 Noble

So, you'll only use 128 cracked to form the final noble jewel. Thats how I understood the explanation, anyway If dev can verify it would be better.

Haligali
05-10-2015, 11:20 AM
Can you explain how did you got to 2187 "cracked jewels" for a "noble jewel"???
According to the explanation of Fibus, its combination of 2 same class of jewel will make it to highier class
So,
(2 cracked) 1-Cracked + 1-Cracked = 1 Damage
(4 cracked) 1-Damage + 1-Damage = 1 Weak
(8 Cracked) 1-Weak +1-Weak = 1 Standard
(16 Cracked) 1 Standard + 1 Standard = 1 Fortified
(32 Cracked) 1 Fort + 1 Fort = 1 Excellent
(64 Cracked) 1 Excell + 1 Excell = 1 Superb
(128 Cracked) 1 Sup + 1 Sup = 1 Noble

So, you'll only use 128 cracked to form the final noble jewel. Thats how I understood the explanation, anyway If dev can verify it would be better.

Read the first comment again:

"For example, if you craft together three Standard Mind Jewels, you'll get one Fortified Mind Jewel."

Polong Ama Luzadas
05-10-2015, 12:50 PM
All i can say is,make the para gem and eye enchant be crafted or upgrade x2 also,and can be unattached to items wt a certain payment of gold just like what youved stated,its like a vintage item,an antique,more precious and valuable than new ones,coz lots of players work hard for it.so non plat users can also earn alot of G,to survive lvln up in new and hard maps in expansion.i love the ursoth event,lots of G to earn,but easter egg hunt is the bomb!non plat users really earned alot of G in that event,if there not lazy and smart doin the event..anyways,all good
STS!two thumbs up wt all the pepz who is workin hard for everything!keep it up!godbless...

Hitback...pilot!

Polong Ama Luzadas
05-10-2015, 01:01 PM
And i hope,it will be different and new prize when reaching platinum tier in every event,every yr.tnx

Farminer's
05-10-2015, 01:16 PM
Yay

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Zolatoy
05-10-2015, 01:57 PM
I have one question.

Is this mean no more arcane ring craft?? Even u loot shard??

No more craft gems fine but still ess drop??i if not, how can u craft arcane ring which need 25 ess each blood fire glacial ???

Hoid
05-10-2015, 02:34 PM
So happy I can convert essences

felipezem
05-10-2015, 02:57 PM
Cool dying for drop jewels

Energizeric
05-10-2015, 05:24 PM
I have one question.

Is this mean no more arcane ring craft?? Even u loot shard??

No more craft gems fine but still ess drop??i if not, how can u craft arcane ring which need 25 ess each blood fire glacial ???

I'm guessing they will change arcane ring recipe to require some jewels instead of essences.

Madnex
05-10-2015, 07:02 PM
I'm guessing they will change arcane ring recipe to require some jewels instead of essences.
That's not needed, they can simply update the loot tables and remove the blood/fire/glacial essences. Just like they added the extra ones for us to make a bouquet out of for Mother's day event last year. Same for planar essences for the ancient mythic amulet.

Imsofancy
05-10-2015, 08:23 PM
so, will jewels be lootable like gems are? or are we going to have to buy them from some npc?

Dexcell
05-10-2015, 09:56 PM
so, will jewels be lootable like gems are? or are we going to have to buy them from some npc?

I believe, they would be lootable.

DK
05-11-2015, 04:14 AM
So happy I can convert essences

So does essences get converted into jewels?

elitwarrio
05-11-2015, 09:21 AM
If jewels will be better than gems market will not crash? Para gems worth 4m now and eyes 1m..

kinzmet
05-11-2015, 11:42 AM
Read the first comment again:

"For example, if you craft together three Standard Mind Jewels, you'll get one Fortified Mind Jewel."

So its three pairs of same class jewels to form 1 jewel with highier class. The 2,187 cracked jewels to farm is not bad. As long as the drop rate is comparable with the essence drop rates.

Assuming you will farm for the jewels and you won't buy any. At this rate were going to need to farm 32,805 cracked for a complete set. Lets say that your going to loot 5 cracked jewel per run means you need to do 6,561 runs. If you run for an average of 200 runs a day, it means you would complete 15 noble gems in approximately 33 days or 1 month and 3 days. Well, this would definately hold the players to do something for now. And will continue to do so as long as more type jewels comes in the future.

Haligali
05-11-2015, 11:58 AM
So its three pairs of same class jewels to form 1 jewel with highier class. The 2,187 cracked jewels to farm is not bad. As long as the drop rate is comparable with the essence drop rates.

Assuming you will farm for the jewels and you won't buy any. At this rate were going to need to farm 32,805 cracked for a complete set. Lets say that your going to loot 5 cracked jewel per run means you need to do 6,561 runs. If you run for an average of 200 runs a day, it means you would complete 15 noble gems in approximately 33 days or 1 month and 3 days. Well, this would definately hold the players to do something for now. And will continue to do so as long as more type jewels comes in the future.

Im 100% sure im not going to farm this amount of jewels, instead i buy most, these cracked jewels will be available in cs for 500-1000 gold just like the regular gems now, I will sell also what I dont need str, int jewels and keep the dex ones.

Farminer's
05-11-2015, 12:20 PM
This will be great for a new income for us poor players who can't run elite because no one wants a warrior.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

kinzmet
05-11-2015, 04:11 PM
Im 100% sure im not going to farm this amount of jewels, instead i buy most, these cracked jewels will be available in cs for 500-1000 gold just like the regular gems now, I will sell also what I dont need str, int jewels and keep the dex ones.

I don't think they would be 500-1000 golds :D
Anyway, off-topic: Are you going to make a Jewel guide when the time comes? :)

BeoNeo
05-11-2015, 04:49 PM
Jewels wont save the economy.it will give 1 year of rest in arcane legends.then crisis will come back.like market is overflooded with jewels.and most people have them.

Ardbeg
05-11-2015, 05:01 PM
Jewels wont save the economy.it will give 1 year of rest in arcane legends.then crisis will come back.like market is overflooded with jewels.and most people have them.

this is too pessimistic. different jewels will drop in different maps, with damage jewels probably in very hard maps. if somehow there is nothing to do anymore because all have their jewel set complete, stg can simply add a new tier. for me the important thing is, that this provides a ladder for new players up the ranks, farming and selling jewels for their gear and pets til they perfect their own set. this is missing in the current season. since jewels are basically consumables, they won t surplus like weapons or armors.

Excuses
05-11-2015, 05:24 PM
One thing I worried is..
When different maps drop different jewels, rogues will want to run the map that drops jewel for rogue, and warriors might have hard time farming 'their' jewel.
Some people might run to sell them, however, it will take so many jewels to farm for themselves. We(tanks) can't farm elite alone. We have to rely on other dps, and this might give us hard time to run the map for us.
I'm not sure if these jewels will drop from mobs +boss or boss only, but I think random drop from new elite mobs + bosses would be nice.
And plus new legendary gears from bosses.

Energizeric
05-12-2015, 07:54 AM
this is too pessimistic. different jewels will drop in different maps, with damage jewels probably in very hard maps. if somehow there is nothing to do anymore because all have their jewel set complete, stg can simply add a new tier. for me the important thing is, that this provides a ladder for new players up the ranks, farming and selling jewels for their gear and pets til they perfect their own set. this is missing in the current season. since jewels are basically consumables, they won t surplus like weapons or armors.

Remember that jewels can be removed from one item and reused, so they are no longer consumables.

However, what you mention about them adding a new tier is what can save this. Just adding one new tier will triple the amount of cracked jewels needed to reach that last tier, so this is indeed the solution. When we reach saturation of cracked jewels, just adding another tier will create market demand all over again.

Haligali
05-12-2015, 08:54 AM
I don't think they would be 500-1000 golds :D
Anyway, off-topic: Are you going to make a Jewel guide when the time comes? :)

Hm, jewel stats arent a secret, so everyone will know it, maybe a comparison with eye gems?

Robhawk
05-12-2015, 09:30 AM
My question is: Will the old GEM´s still adapt to the items level at new levelcaps? So f.e. at l46 a normal glacial gem will give 4 INT points and a grand gem 8 INT? This would be great because they will keep its value!
So you can gamble with normal GEMs to get the GRAND GEM 8 INT that also the best jewel will give you with the fair downside that its bound to the item compared to the jewel which can be taken off an item!

Imho that would be awesome.

Ipoopsy
05-12-2015, 12:44 PM

He's not being a pessimistic. He's actually telling you exactly what it will be in the near future. Jewels will be flooded in the market then.

Don't get me wrong, it is the lesser of two evil. Jewels intergration is a better idea than what is currently in game. But eventually it will be saturated and no one will want them anymore because by then everyone will have them already.

Ardbeg
05-12-2015, 01:38 PM
He's not being a pessimistic. He's actually telling you exactly what it will be in the near future. Jewels will be flooded in the market then.

if it takes six month to saturate the market (just for example) the next tier would keep the same population busy for 12 months more ... and so on and so on. they can freely adjust this and we know nothing about the drop rates yet.

also reusing jewels will work as a gold sink, so many lesser jewels will indeed be consumed to save gold, but not the better ones.

TheIrishOne
05-12-2015, 03:13 PM
Can't wait.
It's a shame about the level restrictions for higher jewels but I suppose that's smart concidering already op low level twinks with lvl 5 jewels would destroy everything.

FluffNStuff
05-12-2015, 05:14 PM
Ah, market predictions. At this point, it would be impossible as there are two extremely important variables missing:

--via crafting by combining it with 2 other Jewels of the same level and type, along with some gold--

1) Some Gold ... How much is some gold, and more importantly, how much does some gold change based on Jewel Level?
Example: Supposed it takes a nominal amount, say 100 gold to craft cracked to damaged, will it also take 100 gold to craft damaged to weak, or will it perhaps go up to 200 gold? How much will it cost to craft a noble in total.
Using a fixed amount of 100 gold, it will cost 163,600 gold.
Using a floating scale of doubling cost each level, it would cost 205,900 gold.

2) Crafting ... TIME. How long will it take to craft a jewel, and will it be constant?
Example: Lets say nominal amount of time, say 4 hours for cracked to damaged. Will it also be 4 hour from damaged to weak, or will it go up to say, 6 hours, or even double? How long will it take to craft a Noble, in TOTAL.
If it is a constant time of 4 hours to craft any jewel, then a Noble will take 182 DAYS to craft.
If say, the cracked to damaged is 4 hours, and each successive level extends that by 2 hours, then it will take 227 DAYS to craft a Noble.
Now, if they want, they could be evil and have the time start at 4 hours and then say, double at each level. That will take 343 days, or to be fun, lets just call it a year.

So ... my irrational market predictions ... Rage quit posts complaining about how much platinum players have destroyed the market by plowing through the crafting and how free players would need an entire year to catch up, and it is not even worth the gold to craft anyway because the gems have crashed below the cost of crafting them.

But of course, this is just a short-sighted prediction that uses unreliable information that is not official nor final. All things are subject to change.

Carapace
05-12-2015, 06:09 PM
I haven't seen Fibus post in relation to Para gems specifically, but a major difference between Gems and Jewels is that Jewels can be removed. Gems cannot. Over time Gems will eventually ween themselves out of the market as they can no longer be created. In this case that level 41 item with 3 Para Gems will still be awesome, but over time the new Jewels will begin to eclipse current gems.

Hope that clarifies for everyone :)

crudmudgeon
05-12-2015, 07:48 PM
I haven't seen Fibus post in relation to Para gems specifically, but a major difference between Gems and Jewels is that Jewels can be removed. Gems cannot. Over time Gems will eventually ween themselves out of the market as they can no longer be created. In this case that level 41 item with 3 Para Gems will still be awesome, but over time the new Jewels will begin to eclipse current gems.

Hope that clarifies for everyone :)

Yep... and now I'm not sure if I should be optimistic about the possibility of eclipsing OP twinks with three paras/equip... or depressed that i some of those equips

kickazzrogue
05-12-2015, 09:07 PM
hmm im all for the new system but the idea of them eclipsing older gems is kinda a bad idea in my opion. we had a solution to paras in the begining dont let more than 1 be used but that didnt happen so now you pretty much want to wipe them out completly with this new jewel system to compensate for previous mistakes? paras should def stay above the rest id rather paras be rereleased then to see them diminshed. i think this will make more people rage quit then play more people payed upwards of 30mil for para sets. i mean new stronger gear will eventually over throw para gear so why not leave the para gems op like they are they were a prize alot of us worked very hard for and put alot of gold into i think better gear should be the soulution to getting rid of paras not a whole new system that can eventually be abused oober rich players can still abuse this system so it seems. it will just take them longer to do it. your eventually gonna make reserved paras totally useless that doesnt seem fair at all i think paras is a prize it should stay above the rest that would kinda be like making a leader board vanity available for plat i think more thought should be put into this before any drastic moves

davidvilla
05-12-2015, 09:54 PM
hmm im all for the new system but the idea of them eclipsing older gems is kinda a bad idea in my opion. we had a solution to paras in the begining dont let more than 1 be used but that didnt happen so now you pretty much want to wipe them out completly with this new jewel system to compensate for previous mistakes? paras should def stay above the rest id rather paras be rereleased then to see them diminshed. i think this will make more people rage quit then play more people payed upwards of 30mil for para sets. i mean new stronger gear will eventually over throw para gear so why not leave the para gems op like they are they were a prize alot of us worked very hard for and put alot of gold into i think better gear should be the soulution to getting rid of paras not a whole new system that can eventually be abused oober rich players can still abuse this system so it seems. it will just take them longer to do it. your eventually gonna make reserved paras totally useless that doesnt seem fair at all i think paras is a prize it should stay above the rest that would kinda be like making a leader board vanity available for plat i think more thought should be put into this before any drastic moves

Totally agree with u. That's why I did forward this:

As gems will be discontinued now the major concern of everybody is how damage jewel gonna work at such context.
Will it be on the basis of level 1-10, 11-20, 21-30, 31-40, 41+
Or,
1-5, 6-10, 11-15, 16-20, 21-25, 26-30, 31-35, 36-40, 41-46

Gradually increasing on first one like (0.5,1, 1.5, 2 ) % damage
Or,
0.25, 0.5, 0.75, 1, 1.25, 1.5, 1.75....... -%Damage

Madnex
05-12-2015, 11:42 PM
Paragems are simply a one-event prize and they should've not been allowed to be this powerful from the start and that's a fact.

New damage gems, whenever/if they'll come, should definitely be as good or even better than them. Either that or the primary/critical rate gems should give enough stats to beat the advantages of using a third or fourth paragem in the same set of gear. I like my full para/eye set too but that way would be fairer for newer players as well as provide motivation for those gems to be farmed for and crafted.

Working for jewel tier 8 or 10 is going to take much more time than reaching platinum tier on an easy event anyway.

kickazzrogue
05-13-2015, 12:35 AM
Paragems are simply a one-event prize and they should've not been allowed to be this powerful from the start and that's a fact.

New damage gems, whenever/if they'll come, should definitely be as good or even better than them. Either that or the primary/critical rate gems should give enough stats to beat the advantages of using a third or fourth paragem in the same set of gear. I like my full para/eye set too but that way would be fairer for newer players as well as provide motivation for those gems to be farmed for and crafted.

Working for jewel tier 8 or 10 is going to take much more time than reaching platinum tier on an easy event anyway.
i agree to a extent but it should not diminsh them think about your gonna wipe out the op para gem with a even stronger gem? thats still abusable by the rich thats almost the same problem if i have a 100mil and u have 1mil whos gonna get the maxed out op set first itll take u 100x as long as it would me still abusable in a way but avaible for all idk in a way these r like para gems just diff concept paras should be as even as possible to the new ones i think but not diminshed same with eyes this does help new players tho which i like but dont screw the older ones in the process

Kriticality
05-13-2015, 12:43 AM
I'd like it if the first para stays super op but the damage gems eclipse every subsequent para. :)

Kyle Holmes
05-13-2015, 02:32 AM
As Fibus said, para gems will cease to exist with time which whenever it happens will be a good thing. These new gems (the damage type) if brought back with the same para gem stats and stacking ability, will just be para gems under a new name "Jewel". Hoping they are not the same (stat and stacking-wise). And if so, how are they different?

If these new damage jewels do work like paracelsus stones, then what is the equivalent for Enchanted Eye gems? I noticed that it was said that only a single stat will be increased and not all four (3 base stats +crit) as in the case of echanted eyes. New players will still lack enchanted eye type of gems then and the whole point of 'new players not getting the event gems' will be moot.

I liked how gems no longer "crit" when being forged. Also I appreciate that sts has been thoughtful enough to decide that the higher tiers of gems are not available at low levels. Hoping the stats are balanced. I suggest a preview in the test server a few weeks before their release.
The difference would be that everyone can get that new jewel, I haven't been round for long but I'm guessing that the reason para gems are so powerful at this moment is because only a select few can afford them

sent from fritters beak

Kingofdevilz
05-13-2015, 03:12 AM
We need 'enchanted eye' type of new jewels.

Thanks for the teaser, looking forward to the new expansion (:

Madnex
05-13-2015, 03:18 AM
i agree to a extent but it should not diminsh them think about your gonna wipe out the op para gem with a even stronger gem? thats still abusable by the rich thats almost the same problem if i have a 100mil and u have 1mil whos gonna get the maxed out op set first itll take u 100x as long as it would me still abusable in a way but avaible for all idk in a way these r like para gems just diff concept paras should be as even as possible to the new ones i think but not diminshed same with eyes this does help new players tho which i like but dont screw the older ones in the process

It's not about who gets maxed out first, of course the richer/older players will always achieve that before newer ones in every possible scenario. It's about accessibility; so the 400k budget person can work on the most powerful jewel to either use or sell it by putting in the exact same time that a 400m budget person would (regardless of how the second one will probably buy what he needs instead of crafting it).

davidvilla
05-13-2015, 04:48 AM
Devs got to address this damage % jewel. While others gems doesn't make much sense even if replaced by jewels but para gem replacement is almost everybody's concern. That particular gem was the game changer and still will if they came out as jewel version. Obvious it will flood the market, obvious it will be hard to achieve, obvious pvp will continue to be a fastest sniper game rather skill based.
Para gem was a mistake we all know that but let's not revise the same mistake again in the name of jewel with same 2damage and everything.
A balance is indeed necessary and to get the actual max damage out of those jewels has to be hurdled.

canbolt
05-13-2015, 09:18 AM
will the para gem be affected

Mucsi
05-13-2015, 11:45 AM
Only me feeling that Jewels will totally sucks?

Energizeric
05-13-2015, 01:08 PM
Does anyone think something is wrong with the fact that my level 10 sorcerer can solo the entire Dead City campaign with ease? Remember that Dead City was meant for levels 17-21.

It has also gotten to the point that it is MUCH faster for me to solo these events on my level 10 sorcerer than it is for me to go with a full pro party at end game. When I say "much faster", I mean that the same boss that it takes 2-3 minutes to beat with a pro end game party I can beat in 30-40 seconds with my level 10 sorcerer.

Now you want them to release these jewels that can make even MORE damage than para gems? Good luck ever balancing this game again LOL.

Edit: Maybe at end game it would be fine, but make sure these jewels scale down to twink levels as I don't think we can take more damage at such low levels without throwing off game balance even further. You don't want me to be able to one hit the next event boss.

KingMartin
05-13-2015, 01:37 PM
It has also gotten to the point that it is MUCH faster for me to solo these events on my level 10 sorcerer than it is for me to go with a full pro party at end game. When I say "much faster", I mean that the same boss that it takes 2-3 minutes to beat with a pro end game party I can beat in 30-40 seconds with my level 10 sorcerer.

I can only second this opinion. I have 5lvl rogue (no para, only couple of grands) and it's by far the fastest toon to run events on (if lvl allowed). I made it to dead city easily and although dead city feels a bit like elite, it's still doable on level 5 (!!!). My tombs-speced mage 15 is the second best, and end-game pro parties are never faster than solo on 5 or 15. I have no paras on my event twinks.

Inan'hesh
05-13-2015, 03:15 PM
This is nice! Thanks STS!

Imjebus
05-17-2015, 09:29 PM
Does anyone think something is wrong with the fact that my level 10 sorcerer can solo the entire Dead City campaign with ease? Remember that Dead City was meant for levels 17-21.

Now you want them to release these jewels that can make even MORE damage than para gems? Good luck ever balancing this game again LOL.

Edit: Maybe at end game it would be fine, but make sure these jewels scale down to twink levels as I don't think we can take more damage at such low levels without throwing off game balance even further. You don't want me to be able to one hit the next event boss.

I don't see a problem with this. You can just destroy every single event there is and be number 1 all the time :)

notfaded1
05-18-2015, 09:36 AM

Another solution is to make leaderboards that twinks can't compete in any longer since the game has outrgrown the underlings... just a thought. They can always keep playing the old stuff if they want to. Also make it so they can't play the new content unless 41+ at all or register on new leaderboards.

Areze
05-19-2015, 10:34 AM
Nice hopefully these are worth it

Energizeric
05-20-2015, 03:12 AM
Another solution is to make leaderboards that twinks can't compete in any longer since the game has outrgrown the underlings... just a thought. They can always keep playing the old stuff if they want to. Also make it so they can't play the new content unless 41+ at all or register on new leaderboards.

I think you will lose a good percentage of the total players in the game if you do that. There are a large number of players who only play twinks. This group of players has developed over the past year due mainly to these events. Eliminating their ability to participate at this point would not be right.

How about just make it more balanced at lower levels. Is that so hard?

Hobilomm
05-20-2015, 04:46 AM
There is a little issue with this jewel. If i play like everyone do, i will have a lot of jewels of any type. Best jewel require a lot, so my inventory will be full everytime... Moreover probably i can craft best jewel without delete the others to get free space.

hpmyname
05-20-2015, 05:20 AM
that ideal per level is better for para gem users to avoid unbalance some rich player use 10/10 para gems, compare to average player 1-2 para gems. make a level restriction like what u plan to jewels. LV. 1-19 1-2 para gems. / lv20-30 2-4para gems / lv31-41 4-5 para gems. ^__^

luduskonan
05-20-2015, 06:07 AM
Very good news! gems that adds +8 are excellent!

I have a suggestion: what about a special gem that can upgrade every weapon to current level?
For example that can upgrade old weapon from lev 36 or 41 to lev 46.

Good work! Bye

johnsr
05-20-2015, 03:17 PM
I have to say it.. This is almost as awesome as CHEESE!

Madxnoob
05-21-2015, 08:05 AM

I think this is just an attempt at nerfing my timed runs. Let us twinks, twink. How about Sts scale mobs and bosses harder for level 15 since they obviously can run everything fast. If anything lvl 10 needs to be able to run haunted and km1 and also scale the tombs mob levels evenly. Or...how about we just not complain >_>

vfreakhun
05-21-2015, 10:58 AM
I think you will lose a good percentage of the total players in the game if you do that. There are a large number of players who only play twinks. This group of players has developed over the past year due mainly to these events. Eliminating their ability to participate at this point would not be right.

The question is interesting.
Why? Because at low levels (eg lower than lvl 20) the difference between "new-born" guys and "pro PvP mates" are MUCH larger that at endgame.

At endgame (lvl41)
- if I am a weak rogue I have 3000 HP and my damage is 400.
- if I am a pro player (not Zeus, but good) I have 4000 HP and my damage is 700.
Difference is 150-170% (damage)

At lvl9 I have a rogue with 100+ damage while the "new-born" pink-from-golden-chest users (without gems) has 20-30.
Difference is 300-400% (damage) ... and I did not say the epic gear users which is common for this low level!

So STS can decide: Or low levels are hard to twinks and TOTALLY UNPLAYABLE for average-Joes, or keep the current status. (Still now many casual users find hard the event-bosses).
I prefer to keep as it is.

Why?

When I started this game I had no money AND it seemed not worth to pay more than "almost minimal" pink gear which I will overgrow soon. (Just after I joined, gem was introduced. I sold all my gems insted of use... to have gold.)

VS

At end-game everbody afford better than top-of-the-crap pink (eg.: 50-100k each).
You will not overgrow till next expansion.
During an event you can get the event-best things for fairly cheap.
You can farm at lower levels easily...

This is true for twinks as well.
Twinks will not overgrow their gear ever, twinks use "best-ever" weapons for their level, etc.

vfreakhun
05-21-2015, 11:00 AM
that ideal per level is better for para gem users to avoid unbalance some rich player use 10/10 para gems, compare to average player 1-2 para gems. make a level restriction like what u plan to jewels. LV. 1-19 1-2 para gems. / lv20-30 2-4para gems / lv31-41 4-5 para gems. ^__^
I can tell you that an average player has ZERO Paragem...
As an Arlorian average the user/paragem ratio is less that 0,1 (more than 10 users have 1 Para as average).

vfreakhun
05-21-2015, 11:09 AM

Maybe boss stats could based not just on level, but the party damage as well.
I mean for a twink boss is 3x harder than a poor-player.
;-)
OFC this could be very contraproductive for PVE, but this is a kind of balance.

So all-in-all I was jocking...

Madxnoob
05-22-2015, 09:18 AM
Not sure this was answered or not, but lets say I have 1000 essence saved up, will they goto waste or be usable in crafting jewels?

Energizeric
05-22-2015, 01:29 PM
Not sure this was answered or not, but lets say I have 1000 essence saved up, will they goto waste or be usable in crafting jewels?

I'd like to know the answer to this too. I think Carapace said they can be used to craft cracked jewels, but I'd like a confirmation on this.

Haligali
05-23-2015, 02:31 PM

The answer is in the first comment of this thread.

Devaux
05-24-2015, 11:23 AM
Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes I've been waiting for this! Diablo styled tier gems! >:)

RaZrAT
05-24-2015, 11:27 AM
nice idea... :)

Devaux
05-24-2015, 11:29 AM
Now just add a randomized proc and certain number of magical effects that differ on rerolls for gear then were talkin! Time to get rid of the base stat builds or proc within fatality, assault, potency, etc! *Pipe dreams*

Mega spell
05-25-2015, 09:44 AM
Can't wait when is this coming?:distracted::encouragement::excitement:

hina
05-25-2015, 12:52 PM
I will love if these. Jewels increase strenght .still good work keep it up

strixvr
05-26-2015, 09:43 AM
hope they are easy to get

Rockingtigertiger Tiger
05-26-2015, 03:41 PM
Gems were tradeable , but what about jewels ? Can we trade them ? Or will mythic gems like para will be get an exit ?

sfdiago
05-29-2015, 04:21 AM
Will para stones still be the best damage consumable? ??

mesalin
05-29-2015, 04:56 AM
If sts say by jewels we can be like para users so think xD

Niixed
05-29-2015, 01:24 PM

Not sure why you'd use emotionally charged language such as "underlings," other than perhaps you have an extreme dislike of the practice of pvp-ing at levels less than the current endcap. Thanks... so much... for sharing that... with us. In essence, you're saying that anyone who doesn't have an endcap character isn't a valid player and should therefore be excluded because...??????????

I sincerely hope STS completely rejects and/or totally ignores your advice, especially considering they'd take a significant financial hit by excluding an entire community of pvp players who must rely more on skill and less on gear - or "underlings," as you so generously put it. Those "underlings" spend a significant amount of plat and time developing their characters and forging and maintaining relationships. One of the primary reasons STS developed events is because that community was being ignored. I expect STS will continue adapting to their customers' wants, rather than forcing a rigid endcap system on everyone.

As for the leaderboards... a better suggestion is make the appropriate boards level-sensitive, thus giving players who prefer lower levels a real chance to compete AND ALSO affording endgamers the same opportunity. Right now some leaderboards are comparing apples and oranges and anyone who takes those too seriously doesn't understand what they are looking at.

mesalin
05-29-2015, 01:35 PM
Yea in lb are only old of plat players where is chance to go lb for new players?!

Leah Benoit
05-29-2015, 05:54 PM
I love how much this game keeps reminding me of DIABLO <3 GJ

Ratiomod
05-30-2015, 09:57 AM
will it be possible to remove gems (not jewels) from the gear?

Haligali
05-30-2015, 12:31 PM
will it be possible to remove gems (not jewels) from the gear?

Quote from first post:

"Current Gems
Before jumping into Jewels, I want to assure you all that your current gems will remain untouched, as I alluded to above. Any gems you have created are still yours to keep. In no way will their functionality be changed. You can continue to socket them into any current gear you have or future gear you earn. However, you will not be able to craft new Gems after the Jewels system launches."

Noxarrow
05-30-2015, 06:58 PM
woaaa no more gems :)

geeman75
05-30-2015, 08:45 PM
From what I'm seeing there isn't much of an improvement for low lvl twinks. How would any of the jewels ever equal a lvl 6 para? I've read the post 3 times and it doesn't add up...

Haligali
05-31-2015, 08:33 AM
From what I'm seeing there isn't much of an improvement for low lvl twinks. How would any of the jewels ever equal a lvl 6 para? I've read the post 3 times and it doesn't add up...

Then read again 4th time:

" Many more stats are now available with Jewels! There will be 8 types of Jewels available when the feature launches. In addition to the STR, DEX, and INT stats you are all used to, you can now also upgrade your gear with Jewels which grant Armor, Crit, Damage, HP, or Mana"

We don't know the damage jewel stat yet, so maybe better maybe not.

geeman75
05-31-2015, 09:57 AM
Then read again 4th time:

" Many more stats are now available with Jewels! There will be 8 types of Jewels available when the feature launches. In addition to the STR, DEX, and INT stats you are all used to, you can now also upgrade your gear with Jewels which grant Armor, Crit, Damage, HP, or Mana"

We don't know the damage jewel stat yet, so maybe better maybe not.
So you had to attack my intelligence with sarcasm. I posted what I did so somebody could explain it Sir./ma'am.... Ty have a blessed day...

Ratiomod
05-31-2015, 12:23 PM
Quote from first post:

"Current Gems
Before jumping into Jewels, I want to assure you all that your current gems will remain untouched, as I alluded to above. Any gems you have created are still yours to keep. In no way will their functionality be changed. You can continue to socket them into any current gear you have or future gear you earn. However, you will not be able to craft new Gems after the Jewels system launches."

I dont see how this answers my question.
For example I have para gem in my gear. Id like to remove it and insert it in another piece of equipment. Sinse it will be possible fir jewels why not for gems?

Bluebatthing
05-31-2015, 06:37 PM
Maybe this will...
.... In the end, we felt the best course of action was to let existing gems eventually work themselves out of the game. Since they are not removeable from gear and there is only a set amount of them, they would, over time, cease to exist.

For example I have para gem in my gear. Id like to remove it and insert it in another piece of equipment. Sinse it will be possible fir jewels why not for gems?

Although this idea may be feasible on paper, but para gems will be around for a very long time unless the new jewels are comparable, which I highly doubt. Just walk around town and count the number of para users....

TankingRogue
05-31-2015, 10:04 PM
"Jewels can be removed from gear for a gold cost. This will allow you to use that removed Jewel as part of a craft to create a better Jewel."

just suggesting that if this is possible for jewels, i hope it can also be possible for removing para stone gems from equipments. its just that i have 2 para stones in my fang and i replaced it with a planar pendant. as of now, i dont know if i would sell my fang while it still has a decent value today or save it for the expansion so i can remove the para gems.
it's a little hard to accept that i worked hard for this pendant only to trade hp for damage.

Haligali
05-31-2015, 10:13 PM

"In no way will their functionality be changed."

If you can remove para gem from gear, then you can sell it, imagine ppl buying para gemmed gear, remove, then sell, noone need new jewel then.

Damage jewel imho similar as para gem for sure, but the bonus of the first para gem is so huge, we will see how this will be solved.

geeman75
05-31-2015, 10:16 PM

If you can remove para gem from gear, then you can sell it, imagine ppl buying para gemmed gear, remove, then sell, noone need new jewel then.

Damage jewel imho similar as para gem for sure, but the bonus of the first para gem is so huge, we will see how this will be solved.
Simple solution make removed gems bound to account... [emoji2]

Madnex
05-31-2015, 10:34 PM
Simple solution make removed gems bound to account... [emoji2]

Bad idea. If you do this, even the cheapest/oldest/less desired twink items with one para will jump to 3.5-5m and higher, since that's the current value these gems are now socketed and sold for. Two para items would be 7-8m and that kind of defeats the purpose of twinking because you can't afford to get gold (or skills) for endgame.

Nothing stop would stop someone from buying a new highly valuable item, putting in the removed paragem he got from that 1m lunar and selling it paragemmed for an extra 4-5m.

Just let the paragems be flushed out of the system like intended. Gems will not be removable, only jewels.

geeman75
05-31-2015, 10:37 PM
Bad idea. If you do this, twink items with one para will jump to 3.5-5m and higher, since that's the current value these gems are now socketed and sold for. Two para items would be 7-8m and that kind of defeats the purpose of twinking because you can't afford to get gold (or skills) for endgame.

Nothing stop would stop someone from buying a new highly valuable item, putting in the removed paragem he got from that 1m lunar and selling it paragemmed for an extra 4-5m.

Just let the paragems be flushed out of the system like intended. Gems will not be removable, only jewels.
Like I said if gems are bound then one couldn't sell the item. I think it's an awesome idea imho...

Madnex
06-01-2015, 05:18 AM
Like I said if gems are bound then one couldn't sell the item. I think it's an awesome idea imho...
These gems are already bound. Unless you're suggesting making the whole item bound when you put a para in it. Sure that's perfect if you want to be stuck with a full set of outdated gear worth a ton of gold that you can't sell in a few months.

Removable gems are not happening.

Edward Coug
06-01-2015, 07:22 PM
"Jewels can be removed from gear for a gold cost. This will allow you to use that removed Jewel as part of a craft to create a better Jewel."

just suggesting that if this is possible for jewels, i hope it can also be possible for removing para stone gems from equipments. its just that i have 2 para stones in my fang and i replaced it with a planar pendant. as of now, i dont know if i would sell my fang while it still has a decent value today or save it for the expansion so i can remove the para gems.
it's a little hard to accept that i worked hard for this pendant only to trade hp for damage.

You really should have thought ahead. If I was lucky enough to have a para, I would have just kept in my inventory and took it out every once in a while to admire. I never would have given into the temptation to use it to upgrade a piece of equipment. What a waste.

Bluebatthing
06-02-2015, 02:50 AM
No need to get hostile. You made the dicision to use the stones, you'll just have to live with it. As previously stated, the devs intend to let the para stones work itself out of the game, hence the new jewels are removable and the old gems aren't, paras included. .
At that time, Fang was the best amulet in the game so shut up.

Haligali
06-02-2015, 07:25 AM
I remember old season 2-3 times, when 1m gear suddenly worth nothing anymore, every 2-3 month new expansion, tombs etc, but we kept playing because it was entertaining to farm discover new areas fast, figure out new ways to make money. Nowadays everything is so slow, people want to hold things forever.

saphirae
06-03-2015, 04:16 PM
Pve, Pve, pve... and what you doing about pvp? Is there still masacr ganging mode or you finally did something about it so i can return to game? Or be on break more until you do something

Mrcatastrophe
06-03-2015, 10:52 PM
Wow so cool can't wait but I'm sad

vfreakhun
06-04-2015, 05:59 AM

I have the strong feeling that Paracelsus gem still remain in the system for twinks (forever).
Due to the fact end game is moving forward (lvl41 - lvl46 Legendary - lvl46 myth - ...) Para gems there will phase out very soon - in end-game gear.
IMO: A 2 Para twink weapon will be quite a high value for long time, especially because twinks will not able to jewelize their gear with high quality jewels (noble or like that, depending on twink level).
PLUS a twink gears do not change so frequently like end-game (think of depraved, sinister bow or storm sword).

As a summarization (from long term point of view): if someone put their para now in any end-game like gear (like arcane ring or lvl41 myth stuff) they make mistake OR they make twink gear when end-game will be lvl101.

Haligali
06-04-2015, 06:02 AM
I have the strong feeling that Paracelsus gem still remain in the system for twinks (forever).
Due to the fact end game is moving forward (lvl41 - lvl46 Legendary - lvl46 myth - ...) Para gems there will phase out very soon - in end-game gear.
IMO: A 2 Para twink weapon will be quite a high value for long time, especially because twinks will not able to jewelize their gear with high quality jewels (noble or like that, depending on twink level).
PLUS a twink gears do not change so frequently like end-game (think of depraved, sinister bow or storm sword).

As a summarization (from long term point of view): if someone put their para now in any end-game like gear (like arcane ring or lvl41 myth stuff) they make mistake OR they make twink gear when end-game will be lvl101.

Not so frequently, but they do change sometimes like the goblin weapons now better, or some new farmable gear comes? Without locked crates I'm curious how ppl will obtain new items.

blooodo
06-05-2015, 12:27 AM
very nice keep going

Niixed
06-11-2015, 11:25 AM

Para gems will not be removable, developers have specifically stated they intend to phase out para gems from the game.

eugene9707
06-12-2015, 09:36 PM

apparently the solution is to wait for para to die out. The highest tire of damage jewel has .6 damage (in test server), and according to cara, those stats are final (but can still be change)....so ya

Edrianiela
06-14-2015, 02:13 AM
Feeling excited

Bmwmsix
06-14-2015, 05:03 PM
I smell big gold sink

thekragle
06-14-2015, 10:30 PM
So on the topic of crafting jewels, has anyone ever thought of crafting multiple equipment items together to create higher grade of same item type....for example three epic items to craft into a random better epic or legendary item with a cost of gold or platinum? Maybe the more gold or platinum you gamble when crafting, the better the chances of a better item. This could help remove a lot of useless epic and legendary items from the game as well as there are a lot of low level equip that sell for practically nothing in auction....just a thought.

jarsofklym
06-15-2015, 03:53 AM
weve find out more bout this jewels yet unofficial.....

kananaskis
06-16-2015, 02:14 PM
someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the .6 damage or .6 crit of noble jewels seems not worth it at the expense of 8 to primary stat.

hpmyname
06-18-2015, 10:56 AM
I can tell you that an average player has ZERO Paragem...
As an Arlorian average the user/paragem ratio is less that 0,1 (more than 10 users have 1 Para as average).
minimun req. for average player now aday having para atleast 1. u will be set aside if u dont have gloom in ur character mostly in twinks.

Killfreeak
06-19-2015, 03:12 AM
Fun idea, you could create an aura around the hero (similar to something like para glow or doom/fang etc) which changes colour based on how many jewels a character has equipped, and which strengthens in glow based on what the average type of jewel is that you have equipped. Gives us players a little more incentive of improving the visual appearance of our character, as well as gives us a bit of bragging rights ;)

Nototti
06-20-2015, 08:09 PM
Like it, +8 int .. but its final stats or ?

Smashosaur
06-20-2015, 08:32 PM
twinks like me at lvl 15 will be able to farm some jewels but not all if i understand right ?

Arrowz
06-20-2015, 08:50 PM
Fun idea, you could create an aura around the hero (similar to something like para glow or doom/fang etc) which changes colour based on how many jewels a character has equipped, and which strengthens in glow based on what the average type of jewel is that you have equipped. Gives us players a little more incentive of improving the visual appearance of our character, as well as gives us a bit of bragging rights ;)

I could see an issue with this in pvp though. If there is a glow showing that your opponent is stacking one kind of jewel then I could adjust my gear to counter my enemy. Maybe make the glow only show in towns and pve?

AgentMegan
06-22-2015, 03:41 PM
Yes will there be reinforced jewels as well?

Energizeric
06-24-2015, 10:51 PM
someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the .6 damage or .6 crit of noble jewels seems not worth it at the expense of 8 to primary stat.

I'm pretty sure +8 INT would yield much more damage than 0.6 base damage would. Since at level 41 my bonus damage is about 400%, 0.6 base damage would yield about 2.4 damage. +8 INT would yield around 7 damage, plus it would give me +24 health & +240 mana, not to mention it would also strengthen my shield.

They are going to have to increase that amount significantly to make it worthwhile.

boosto
06-26-2015, 03:15 AM
is it true level 46 coming in next expansion?

Dimitrian
06-26-2015, 04:39 AM
is it true level 46 coming in next expansion?
*sigh*

Yes.

Trimis de pe al meu GT-P5100 folosind Tapatalk

Golem
06-26-2015, 06:02 AM
Para-gems:

Blieve or not, only good thing in para gems in future gonna be the proc. nothing else. i blieve this new jewels beat even para gems.

Testmeluck
06-26-2015, 08:47 AM
So cool

Cant wait

Kiritobozz
06-28-2015, 06:17 AM
Really interested how these jewels are going to effect the market

Jerry Jhun Alduheza
06-28-2015, 10:35 PM
Can i ask? This jewel good in pvp like example in lvl11 ? Or better stay in full eye gem? Thanks to ppl who answer

Haligali
06-29-2015, 04:26 AM
Can i ask? This jewel good in pvp like example in lvl11 ? Or better stay in full eye gem? Thanks to ppl who answer

Eye gem (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?194971-Guide-Enchanted-Eye-of-Syrillax-stats-per-level-and-comparison)is very strong on lvl10-12, however if you are a warrior, then a Standard Fury Jewel will give a +4 str for your lvl11 character. You should look for Standard Fury Jewels if you are a warrior, if other class(mage, rogue), then keep the eye gems.

Hakim Lutfi
06-29-2015, 04:46 AM
Guys how about para and eye gem on twink gear lv 15 below. Did them will get worst ? (Sory bad speak)

Sent from my GT-I9205 using Tapatalk

Rara
06-29-2015, 05:56 PM
Looking forward to jewels! :)

Mystik
06-29-2015, 07:51 PM
Great! Looking forward to it

Adiac
06-29-2015, 11:16 PM
im glad new jewels systems is coming. thank you

Lastmind
07-01-2015, 02:56 PM
Great job with the jewel system, love it. :)

Durinsbane
07-02-2015, 10:16 AM
jewels drop too often. lower it maybe?

Generic11538
07-03-2015, 12:28 AM
Glad won't have to try billion times to get grands.

Sanbor
07-16-2015, 04:24 AM
Now Tarlok gem 30k 0.o

Tyshaud Brooks
07-17-2015, 01:36 AM
Woo nice can't wait thanks

Dimitrian
07-18-2015, 03:27 PM
Woo nice can't wait thanks
Lol jewels are out already.

Trimis de pe al meu GT-P5100 folosind Tapatalk

Umut Evcin
07-23-2015, 02:50 PM

ASUS_T00G cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Newcomx
07-29-2015, 09:52 PM
How much gold we need to remove jewel from gear?

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk

Ultrawind
07-30-2015, 03:06 PM
I wish they would cancel the lvl on the jewels that's how the dmg in low lvl twinks will be really super high