PDA

View Full Version : idea to keep people busy until the expansion

azagreoralu
05-04-2015, 12:20 PM
most people are saying the game is getting slow and that they are quitting until the expansion. I had a idea what about a new fun never before used event that isn't too hard to code for. In this event hints about the expansion would be a rare drop from mobs. That way it would be worth farming to get information that you can't get from forums. Most players would be very interested in this and would have something new and cool to farm. Everyone that i told this idea to thinks that it would bring a breath of fresh air to farming.

This could be easily implemented using the same method as the ankh drop event, Lovecraft, the Easter event and others

merch_master
05-04-2015, 12:49 PM
This could actually be fun.
For example a random predetermined mob killed in elite dead city might tell you something about the orc-gnome war.
So people will be running all kinds of maps for clues. Also these mobs can have like a 10k bonus for the first 100 that encounter them or something
+1 to this innovative idea

Dalmony
05-04-2015, 02:12 PM
Wow this is new! I really like this idea... it reminds me of a comment someone once made about how it would be funny if the master chests were just like fortune cookies and a message popped out of them.

Would be fun for mobs in regular maps to drop scrolls (gnome parchments?) that give us little tidbits of back story for the expansion.

I don't know how likely this idea is to actually come into practise in the game but I really like the idea :)

Dimitrian
05-04-2015, 02:39 PM
Great idea m8! Also STG pls add cutscenes 😀

RIP
05-04-2015, 03:08 PM
+1 for the idea but anyone who gets the info shares it with others ... so not worth it .

merch_master
05-05-2015, 01:08 AM
+1 for the idea but anyone who gets the info shares it with others ... so not worth it .
Why not? like i said; it can a enemy anyone very rarely runs into like an elite dead city mob which is not on the main way to the boss.
Yes of course after a point all the maps would be done, but it would still take some time to achieve and in that time maps will br very active
Also something like 50k for the first 10 who encounter them ( their position will change)means people will still be stoked to go after it.

RIP
05-05-2015, 01:44 AM
Why not? like i said; it can a enemy anyone very rarely runs into like an elite dead city mob which is not on the main way to the boss.
Yes of course after a point all the maps would be done, but it would still take some time to achieve and in that time maps will br very active
Also something like 50k for the first 10 who encounter them ( their position will change)means people will still be stoked to go after it.

i mean it would take sts a week to do this and 5 hours for us to figure out everything .

merch_master
05-05-2015, 01:46 AM
i mean it would take sts a week to do this and 5 hours for us to figure out everything .
I agree to that

azagreoralu
05-05-2015, 01:11 PM
If the hints couldn't be opened until the event was over everything would not be found out in 5 hours