PDA

View Full Version : How to Revive Farming and Stimulate the Depressed Arlorian Economy

Edward Coug
05-04-2015, 01:43 PM
Egg crates and lack of new content have killed farming, and not surprisingly, the economy has gone down the toilet. I propose a solution to encourage new players to try end-game farming and keep the veterans from leaving the game.

-Add a gold payout option for dragkin teeth and planarite fragments. I would suggest 650k for 150 dragkin teeth and 800k for 125 planarite fragments.

Without something to keep players farming, the game will die before the expansion hits.

merch_master
05-04-2015, 01:50 PM
Dont see the point. You can buy dragonite bar and breeze for same number of tokens which can be sold for same value.
Dont see the need for a gold payout since they sell easily enough

Edward Coug
05-04-2015, 01:54 PM
Dont see the point. You can buy dragonite bar and breeze for same number of tokens which can be sold for same value.
Dont see the need for a gold payout since they sell easily enough

Really? When was the last time you were able to sell Breeze for 800k? Soon, the way prices are falling, you'll be lucky to get 400k.

It will do something. If players can get a payout, it will reduce the amount of Breeze eggs and Dragonite Bars in circulation, thereby increasing the prices to the point where no one will have to take the payout. But the payout will be necessary to keep the prices high.

Perhaps the payout should be higher, but it's necessary.

Fyrce
05-04-2015, 02:20 PM
Um, why should you be able to sell Breeze for 800k? Maybe with the way people are farming, it's only worth 400k, in which case it's headed for the right price.

Bolstering prices is really annoying. Prices should be what the buyers can afford and sellers are willing to sell. Supply and demand.

There are plenty of items going up and down in prices at all times. Look around.

The prices of top items going down is due to farming, player population and speculation about the announced expansion. This is the usual cycle, though this expansion is certainly taking longer than all of the rest.

Pivot
05-04-2015, 04:41 PM
This is just dumb I'm sorry but this will kill the economy. You can't feed an economy with more gold inflation is already high. Lol

Edward Coug
05-04-2015, 04:49 PM
Um, why should you be able to sell Breeze for 800k? Maybe with the way people are farming, it's only worth 400k, in which case it's headed for the right price.

Bolstering prices is really annoying. Prices should be what the buyers can afford and sellers are willing to sell. Supply and demand.

There are plenty of items going up and down in prices at all times. Look around.

The prices of top items going down is due to farming, player population and speculation about the announced expansion. This is the usual cycle, though this expansion is certainly taking longer than all of the rest.

It sounds like you're happy with the state of things. Personally, I like a vibrant economy where everyone has a chance to get what they want if they're willing to put in the time. The time required for farming has gotten insane.

Edward Coug
05-04-2015, 04:53 PM
This is just dumb I'm sorry but this will kill the economy. You can't feed an economy with more gold inflation is already high. Lol

LOL. You can't kill what's already dead.

Pivot
05-04-2015, 09:00 PM
Really you know what I mean -.- what your looking for is easy gold for yourself this is not needed for the economy this will make it atleast 2 or 3 times as bad as it is now.

Overweightank
05-04-2015, 11:25 PM

He He He He He ... haha.. Phew!

Spell
05-04-2015, 11:36 PM

\(-.-)/

Wazakesy
05-05-2015, 12:04 AM

\(-.-)/

rofl xD

thanks for that laugh Lia, LOL.

Newcomx
05-05-2015, 12:22 AM

Not yeat dead... dying :D

Jazzi
05-05-2015, 03:55 AM

Lol what inflation? Maybe you mixed up the games ;)

Newcomx
05-05-2015, 04:24 AM
Lol what inflation? Maybe you mixed up the games ;)

Deflation :D

Dragoonclaws
05-05-2015, 08:28 AM
The best way to stimulate economy is to increase the productions and sell to foreign countries... which is impossible here. We're stuck with very poor new players and leaving rich players. The only way is to bring a new 'something' for players to work for.

What about bringing a brand new DECENT mythic circle that goes on the finger of the sweet ladies, euuh I mean a ring. The ring would be obtained from hard work rather then plats and luck bla bla bla. Maybe a quest that groups Elite maps from all campains. Maybe give a use to the essences and add more essences. Let's say 100 to 20 essences from the very last boss of each Elite campains ( I don't have them all on my mind right now: 100 Elite _______, 90 Elite Bael, 80 Elite Lord Mardrom, 70 Elite Bloodhammer, 60 Elite Grimnir, 40 Elite Inan'Hesh, 20 Elite Rendtail) The drops are 100% sure.

The only problem is: expansion. They need time for that, for the new events, for the new stuff from those events. The problem stays still: there is not much content for a such game with a such big community. I think, I spotted the main problem of this game, the source. I'll write a thread about it right now.

nevercan
05-05-2015, 09:11 AM
The best way to stimulate economy is to increase the productions and sell to foreign countries... which is impossible here. We're stuck with very poor new players and leaving rich players. The only way is to bring a new 'something' for players to work for.

What about bringing a brand new DECENT mythic circle that goes on the finger of the sweet ladies, euuh I mean a ring. The ring would be obtained from hard work rather then plats and luck bla bla bla. Maybe a quest that groups Elite maps from all campains. Maybe give a use to the essences and add more essences. Let's say 100 to 20 essences from the very last boss of each Elite campains ( I don't have them all on my mind right now: 100 Elite _______, 90 Elite Bael, 80 Elite Lord Mardrom, 70 Elite Bloodhammer, 60 Elite Grimnir, 40 Elite Inan'Hesh, 20 Elite Rendtail) The drops are 100% sure.

The only problem is: expansion. They need time for that, for the new events, for the new stuff from those events. The problem stays still: there is not much content for a such game with a such big community. I think, I spotted the main problem of this game, the source. I'll write a thread about it right now.
Post that link her sir dragoonbut

Candylicks
05-05-2015, 09:42 AM
Expansion and the Goblin event will revive the economy. Just be patient a little bit more, I know it's tough we are all anxious for new items and places to explore.

Terminhater
05-05-2015, 09:58 AM
Goblin > Ursoth > New Event > Test Server > Expansion.

Expansion time frame : July

Calculated on the basis of events being 2 weeks and starting this month, and test server being relatively bug free.

notfaded1
05-05-2015, 10:11 AM

I've said it before... if they had been smart they would have had a team working on changing out the pinks regularly. Updating with new versions, new colors, and new particle effects. Everyone like new gear even if the stats aren't that much different. Having the same pinks in locked crates for a year isn't so good. Everyone liquidates everything now minus recipe, non existent fossil in Arena and red eggs from locked.

This was one sure fire way to keep people playing if they can't make new maps. Considering some games even allow players to create maps idk what happened. If it was my company I'd want a new expansion every 2-3 months. I know it takes people to do the work but that's what growth is. I think if CoC had been AL2 mmorpg it would have been HUGE... I mean like bigger than AL was when it won awards two years running. I understand wanting to do a me too MOBA but truthfully the audience for that kinda play is much smaller I think. MMORPG is where the real long term gamer resides for year after year play with large guilds and sense of community ie. a world all in itsself. A moba is like full time pvp which maybe ok for some but it lacks many of the aspects MMORPG have that give them much longer life than any other game type.

I'd even advertise the expansions... it's almost like being able to roll out a new game over and over and over. The options for code re-use are massive as well. The idea of building a game up to desert the idea doesn't make a lot of sense to me... especially when you found a winning combination. If you have to upgrade the entire engine and tech to a degree then you do next full rev of the game just like all the big game titles in history have. The best ones have had a 2 and 3 version.

extrapayah
05-05-2015, 11:00 AM
i say make potions and ankhs easily farmable,
both can't make people rich, both are not tradeable

even though the loot price low, people can still play in planar tombs/arena
for many average players the cost of playing in tombs compared to average planar tomb chest price, breeze, ingot, etc is not so encouraging...

Candylicks
05-05-2015, 11:00 AM
Goblin > Ursoth > New Event > Test Server > Expansion.

Expansion time frame : July

Calculated on the basis of events being 2 weeks and starting this month, and test server being relatively bug free.

I really think our expansion will be more like August or September. CoC hits this summer and Idk if they will release both at similar times? Idk though- I really am just guessing.

Terminhater
05-05-2015, 01:05 PM
I really think our expansion will be more like August or September. CoC hits this summer and Idk if they will release both at similar times? Idk though- I really am just guessing.

I was trying to be optimistic but you're timeline seems more correct. We all know now STS is very very slow at releasing content. Goblin and Ursoth were created last year and Zzzzzzzzz.

epicrrr
05-05-2015, 08:51 PM
Things are still selling, golds still moving might not be the intended original price but it is there.

How would we define a sound economy? When arcane ring are selling for 100m?