PDA

View Full Version : Questions about video editing

Schnitzel
05-04-2015, 05:35 PM
I'm planning to enter the Call of Champions Alpha T2 Contest,

I have 2 questions though:

1. I know there are Youtube videos on youtube that use copyrighted music in their intros, or throughout the video.
Some music, I know are copyrighted. My question is: If I use copyrighted music, is there something I have to do to not break Copyright laws?

2. What are some good video editing programs for Mac OSX Mavericks?

Thanks
-Ruizhe

DivineMoustache
05-04-2015, 05:47 PM
1. You can use copyrighted music. You just can't monetize the video.

2. I use iMovie and make some decent stuff with it.

Schnitzel
05-04-2015, 06:09 PM

2. I use iMovie and make some decent stuff with it.

Thanks for the reponse,

in reply to number 1, so say if I used a copyrighted song, but cut the music to play on specific parts, (and in the video description gave credit to the original author of the original song) then add it as a CoC T2 Contest Entry, it wouldn't be monetizing it would it? (or breaking any other US Laws?)

Thanks

DivineMoustache
05-04-2015, 06:23 PM
Monetizing it is when you receive money for watching your video lol

all that will happen is you'll get a copy right warning on your dashboard, that you can just accept without any penalty. if you're trying to be extra cautious, just have in the description "THIS MUSIC IS NOT MY PROPERTY AND IS SOLELY USED FOR NON MONETARY EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES" or something like that

Waug
05-05-2015, 09:09 AM

not entirely true but true. it depands on the copyright holder that how they set the rule, most of the copyright holder choose to claim the video and get money from it.

Thanks for the reponse,

in reply to number 1, so say if I used a copyrighted song, but cut the music to play on specific parts, (and in the video description gave credit to the original author of the original song) then add it as a CoC T2 Contest Entry, it wouldn't be monetizing it would it? (or breaking any other US Laws?)

Thanks
that really does not matter much because, youtube will auto detect it, and claim ur video (3rd party content id match) but ur video will keep running as usual. if the copyright holder is more stricked your video will be blocked, dont worry lol. still it wont be a court case as if your fearing probably, it will be only if you file a counter strike claiming that ur the copyright holder..