PDA

View Full Version : Difficulty of Elites

ColaxRic
05-05-2015, 04:46 AM
For those of you who are complaining about how hard the planar tombs are or any other elites as an average end-gamer, you are at the right place. I know myself as a capped mage, how hard the planar tombs are. It is very difficult without a proper party with good parkers, pullers, and so on. I've come up with a solution for this. Since the new expansion is coming, why not just wait? The level cap will go higher and all you need to do is level up to level 46 and get average gear for the level and the tombs will be much easier unless STS make the tombs harder. I'm sure the prices for Breeze Egg, Planar chests and so on won't go down too much. So if you are having bad luck with looting stuff, just be patient for a while until the new expansion comes. For those who are poor and is willing to do hard work, there is hope. :)

Iinorex
05-05-2015, 05:03 AM
planar tombs are the only elite maps i ever did on my warrior n rogue and i find it not so hard....its ok for me

Onepiedead
05-05-2015, 05:07 AM
I think they will scale up the elite difficulty lvl in at least Shuyal/tindirin/tombs

merch_master
05-05-2015, 08:03 AM
Yes they will go down for a few simple reasons.
Planar chests are used mainly for dark crystal for imbued set which is the best current gear set ingame. Come lvl 46; they will be useless. Why would someone spend millions on gear scaled five lvls down when better stuff is available? ( useless to try for shade with its rare drop percentage and the pet crates)
While breeze egg itself wont be affected; the number of people running and gaining it will increase significantly; bringing the cost down by a huge margin
The whole reason for the expensiveness of these loots is because only the top geared can farm there and hence the demand/supply ratio is favourable unlike when even the average toons can farm them

supersyan
05-05-2015, 08:17 AM
planar tombs are the only elite maps i ever did on my warrior n rogue and i find it not so hard....its ok for me

Try it on mage with legend gear. you'll now

Terminhater
05-05-2015, 10:14 AM
It will be scaled up.

Tatman
05-05-2015, 10:50 AM
Try it on mage with legend gear. you'll now
Well, I got a bit bored with my op rogue, so I decided to switch to mage for a while. It's a full legendary toon and I have to say I don't even get invited to random parties. I stayed for a while in Tombs lobby today, at times being the only mage there, and not a single party invite. :)

Anyway, I did some runs with guildies and friends (the only people who would run with me, which is exactly what I was talking about in another thread, where people were explaining how a legendary toon has no problem farming this or that). They said I did fine, although this might be because they are my friends lol. I died much more than on my rogue. And the vines in T3... well, it's hard to deal with them in legendary gear, especially when a 3rd one spawns.

What I want to say is that this game has really become totally unfriendly to lower geared players of all classes, but that's especially true for some classes like mage. It doesn't really matter how skilled you are, people look at your stats and say "meh nub". Actually, they don't even bother with all stats, just damage. It's become all about damage in this game. Mob control lol...

Candylicks
05-05-2015, 10:52 AM
Well, I got a bit bored with my op rogue, so I decided to switch to mage for a while. It's a full legendary toon and I have to say I don't even get invited to random parties. I stayed for a while in Tombs lobby today, at times being the only mage there, and not a single party invite. :)

Anyway, I did some runs with guildies and friends (the only people who would run with me, which is exactly what I was talking about in another thread, where people were explaining how a legendary toon has no problem farming this or that). They said I did fine, although this might be because they are my friends lol. I died much more than on my rogue. And the vines in T3... well, it's hard to deal with them in legendary gear, especially when a 3rd one spawns.

What I want to say is that this game has really become totally unfriendly to lower geared players of all classes, but that's especially true for some classes like mage. It doesn't really matter how skilled you are, people look at your stats and say "meh nub". Actually, they don't even bother with all stats, just damage. It's become all about damage in this game. Mob control lol...

LOL....... I can imagine lil' tata mage left for cold outside T3.

Actually when we ran it was legit and you pwned those vines in your pinks!

Serancha
05-05-2015, 11:04 AM
The planar tombs were designed to give end-gamers a reason to strive to obtain good gear. They are NOT made for newly capped players in crate gear.

After all, why should someone who has been playing a week be able to do all the same things that someone who has worked their butt off for 2 years can? There are elite maps in all difficulty levels from super easy to Planar Tombs. Start at the beginning and work up. Yes, I know it's challenging to earn money at this point in time, but it isn't impossible. You don't need arcane to run arena - it can be done without excess difficulty wearing icescale gear and using a pet like Blinky.

I don't find the planar tombs profitable in any case, since nobody is going to spend a pile to get imbued this close to the end of a level cap. Yes, the maps will be scaled up when we go to 46, so using crappy gear now isn't going to help you out. You want the best you can afford, since the start of season (with the exception of last expansion with the itemization disaster) is traditionally the best time to race to elites and get the new items to sell for profit.

By the way, if you're willing to work hard, there's no reason to be poor. Even I manage to earn my keep, and I have possibly the worst luck documented in the community.

Tatman
05-05-2015, 11:31 AM
LOL....... I can imagine lil' tata mage left for cold outside T3.

Actually when we ran it was legit and you pwned those vines in your pinks!
Lol wasn't so funny for me :))

To Serancha: Try making a new toon, full legendary, preferably not a rogue. Don't tell people you are Serancha, hang for a while in Tombs lobby and come tell us how many invites you got and how many runs you did.

And btw, I'm using icescale brut set, eerie brut amulet, frostbitten brut ring and an expe brut gun + Blinky. That's not exactly your standard "crate gear". My stats are actually way above the minimum recruiting requirements for both our guilds. Yet, not a single party invite. That's a fact. Everything else is fairy tales and wishful thinking.

merch_master
05-05-2015, 11:35 AM
The planar tombs were designed to give end-gamers a reason to strive to obtain good gear. They are NOT made for newly capped players in crate gear.

After all, why should someone who has been playing a week be able to do all the same things that someone who has worked their butt off for 2 years can? There are elite maps in all difficulty levels from super easy to Planar Tombs. Start at the beginning and work up. Yes, I know it's challenging to earn money at this point in time, but it isn't impossible. You don't need arcane to run arena - it can be done without excess difficulty wearing icescale gear and using a pet like Blinky.

I don't find the planar tombs profitable in any case, since nobody is going to spend a pile to get imbued this close to the end of a level cap. Yes, the maps will be scaled up when we go to 46, so using crappy gear now isn't going to help you out. You want the best you can afford, since the start of season (with the exception of last expansion with the itemization disaster) is traditionally the best time to race to elites and get the new items to sell for profit.

By the way, if you're willing to work hard, there's no reason to be poor. Even I manage to earn my keep, and I have possibly the worst luck documented in the community.
"2 years to work their butts off? " more like popped locks for a week
other than the imbued set, everything is lock obtainable and hence you see people with even maxed out gear complaining about map difficulty :/
Tombs are 'easily' doable with myth weapon and pinks and 'manageable' with all pinks as long as the player is experienced.
AL has become more plat-dependent than skill-dependent

Sorcerie
05-05-2015, 11:37 AM
It's not just lower geared players, I walk into tombs with a decked out mage in full grand mythic gear and an arcane pet and my mage still sits outside waiting for parties.

Meanwhile, the moment my rogue even logs on or walks into tombs I get more invites than I can count and/or I barely have to wait all.

The endgame content is just not very mage or warrior friendly.

Kriticality
05-05-2015, 11:39 AM
You need to be op or have friends for invites :)))

Kakashis
05-05-2015, 12:51 PM
I used to run elites in a coffee line up. Nowadays it takes anywhere from 10-20min depending in party and it's just getting too long as a mobile game. I only farm when I'm at home with lots of time. But yes, currently market is dead. I'm struggling to sell even low level items to new players and they all start off with 1k lol

Ipoopsy
05-05-2015, 12:58 PM
It's not just lower geared players, I walk into tombs with a decked out mage in full grand mythic gear and an arcane pet and my mage still sits outside waiting for parties.

Meanwhile, the moment my rogue even logs on or walks into tombs I get more invites than I can count and/or I barely have to wait all.

The endgame content is just not very mage or warrior friendly.

That's why i suggest the idea of limiting the amount of Revived/ Ankh being use in Elite maps to 1-2 a run. (Posted in another topic) Then you will see if they need war or mages in the near future.

The reason why everyone preferred rogs more than the other class is because of their damage and with the eased of how you can revived every time you die, the mentality is, who cares about the other class. Theres no skill involved when you can revived every time you die.

At the rate this game is heading, al ot of people will quit because the replayed value of the game gets boring fairly quick. But if STS can make the players have a way to consistently farm items that are semi hard attainable, then the game will last. If they make it too easy like the way it is now with revived / ankh is being use up like water. It makes the value of the loot item worthless fairly quick.

Serancha
05-05-2015, 04:04 PM
"2 years to work their butts off? " more like popped locks for a week

A lot of people in this game earned gold for their gear over a long period of time by farming, gemming and selling gear, and earning money in events. I object to the assumption that everyone who is geared got there by popping crates. It's just not true.

Ardbeg
05-05-2015, 04:39 PM
1) we don t know yet, if imbueds will scale to lvl 46 or not. if stg has learned from the failed staggered itemization approach they will go for diversity in the loot table and keep all regions worth farming.

2) shoot me but: you got to be a good party to get a good party. the only thing, random player in the lobby can see from you are your stats, not your skill or experience with the map. pve guilds are the solution where your mates learn to value your capabilities.

3) actually the chances to gamble with tomb chests were a lot better then the chances to make gold with lockeds. problem was, you needed gold first.
at the same time, the buy tomb chest for frags mechanism provided exactly what all people are asking for: a way to work up without luck involved. i don t see why stg would let that die.

Jazzi
05-05-2015, 05:09 PM

I had a problem finding a party in my own guild to get my mage with better gear than before I said my rogue's name lol (I really play my mage extremely rarely and almost no one knows it is me). I also tried standing in front of t3 with him to see how fast and if I will get any pt and got one after 30-ish minutes.

When I started running planar tombs back in the day during winter event (with scaling in t2 and when chests were 800 k) I had only myth set and myth ring with para on my rogue. Even like that and being a rogue it took me a loooong time to find a pt. Sometimes I literally gave up after 30-40 minutes of asking for one and logged off.

It is not the class. In most cases it is not even our stats. If you have no myth weapon you simply have a problem finding a pt for tombs and is it :)

Jeffgeomon
05-05-2015, 07:36 PM
The reason why the OP has stated this "easy way out" method is due to the lack of ways to earn gold at this point of time in game. Farming atm is rather obsolete, with luck being a predominant factor to riches and thus, many are running at a great cost.

I'm very much against new people who attempt to be competitive with buff/nerfs, instead of obtaining better gear by farming/saving. However, the game does not currently offer any decent opportunities, nor a variety of ways, for people to earn money effectively. A lot of damage has been done to the farming community, hence its reasonable for people to seek for all kinds of various methods/exploits to gain profit at this time of depression.

So, its up to STG to restore farming to its rightful place by releasing more interesting/worthy content that people are willing have fun and gain wealth at the same time, instead of turning it into a difficult grind that results in a huge loss.

What's the point of farming when its gear-dependant, luck-dependant and unprofitable?

regizakirs.rs
05-05-2015, 07:55 PM
The reason why the OP has stated this "easy way out" method is due to the lack of ways to earn gold at this point of time in game. Farming atm is rather obsolete, with luck being a predominant factor to riches and thus, many are running at a great cost.

I'm very much against new people who attempt to be competitive with buff/nerfs, instead of obtaining better gear by farming/saving. However, the game does not currently offer any decent opportunities, nor a variety of ways, for people to earn money effectively. A lot of damage has been done to the farming community, hence its reasonable for people to seek for all kinds of various methods/exploits to gain profit at this time of depression.

So, its up to STG to restore farming to its rightful place by releasing more interesting/worthy content that people are willing have fun and gain wealth at the same time, instead of turning it into a difficult grind that results in a huge loss.

What's the point of farming when its gear-dependant, luck-dependant and unprofitable?
Okay peeps we all know that the tombs are meant to be difficult and that you are supposed to have certain gear "per se". I can run the tombs in legendary gear but, that's not the point the point is that you have a select few people who try the tombs and don't have a clue of proper pulls, parking, killzones, etc and then complain about it. And I think one of the biggest problem here is the fact that the arena and tombs are the only places that's profitable albeit if your lucky. I mean honestly the gold wasted on ankhs and pots versus what's in the arena crate for example isn't worth the payoff. And heaven forbids in the tombs you run pug or with your guildies or friends and you get 2 fragments for your and a pet whose price is declining because of the simple fact that everyone who can farm the tombs have farmed sufficiently. I think that if STS gives us more things to farm things will straighten out some but, until then things will be at a stand still.

CheifR
05-05-2015, 08:11 PM
You forgot that maps scale to player level

ilhanna
05-05-2015, 08:53 PM
I agree that friends and experience have become more important when it comes to finding party for elite runs, even more so than guild affiliations sometimes, since I'm sure a lot of end game-exclusive guilds are seeing a lot of inactivity while waiting for expansion. And unfortunately, the fact that (relatively) high-yield elite farming is now limited to the two maps where your chance of getting a party is determined by who your friends are, what guild you belong to and what gear/pet you use, isn't helping either.

Yes, there are easy elite maps where new endgamers can farm, but these aren't places where you can prove yourself an able elite runner, where you can impress some random players with your skills, knowledge and cool-headedness. Some of the warriors and mages who invite me to Arena runs now are those I met while PUGing elite Tindirin back when it was decently profitable and quite a number of people were running it. With elite Tindirin loot losing values, these avid, experienced runners who are always looking for capable partners, have shifted to Planar maps, if they're still active at all. The new endgamers looking for serious elite farming parties then have to prove themselves on the hardest elite maps without going through the whole process of learning on other difficult elites.

I have heard people saying Planar Tombs mobs are much too hard for legendary players. But I'm somehow sure that if these players have made their way through elite Shuyal they will have different perspectives of these same mobs and not be easily overwhelmed. But who run elite Shuyal these days unless they have friends/guild support?

This is why IMO an overhaul of loot table should be done not only on the hardest elite maps for the most experienced, geared, networked players, but also on other medium-difficulty elite maps. Putting valuable farmable items on elite Kraken, Nordr, Shuyal and Tindirin will, I think, give starting elite farmers more opportunity to build their skills, resources and friends network.

justhell
05-05-2015, 08:56 PM
These day all the thing is about gears and pets,that's how most ppl judge how good are u.

Back on time when elite tindrin was the hardest map on arlor,there's no problem like this. Most people have no problem run with legendary gear mage (magma set + exp gun/magma totem) or warrior (magma set + magma claymore/conquer wall). I really miss that time.

merch_master
05-05-2015, 09:56 PM
A lot of people in this game earned gold for their gear over a long period of time by farming, gemming and selling gear, and earning money in events. I object to the assumption that everyone who is geared got there by popping crates. It's just not true.
I didn't mean everyone. But a lot of those hardworkers from earlier seasons have quit and while there are people who earned it with good sense of merching and hoarding ; the majority are lock-poppers.
When i see a guy with a bonesaw who doesnt know how the proximity circle works and stands on top of me while i try to run from him, i cant bring myself to believe that is from hardwork. Im sure if you've run PUGs, you might have come accross people in tombs with orange and reds who seem like they are running it for the first time

Hexiozu
05-05-2015, 09:58 PM
I agree with everything that is said here. So with all that said sts should implement farming similar to pocket legends,it would really be nice n a game changer in PvP because its so hard to buy those mythic items,unless u can merch and play for over 2-3 year which is ridiciolous just to buy a mythic item. I mean iv been playing for 2 months and I got only 400k -_-.I'm getting bored with my legendary gear n horse crap pet. But no matter sts will come up with something I hope.

Serancha
05-05-2015, 11:52 PM
I didn't mean everyone. But a lot of those hardworkers from earlier seasons have quit and while there are people who earned it with good sense of merching and hoarding ; the majority are lock-poppers.
When i see a guy with a bonesaw who doesnt know how the proximity circle works and stands on top of me while i try to run from him, i cant bring myself to believe that is from hardwork. Im sure if you've run PUGs, you might have come accross people in tombs with orange and reds who seem like they are running it for the first time

That is why my guild has a pve kill requirement for entry. To filter out nubs wearing red.

ColaxRic
05-06-2015, 07:23 AM

Yeah you might not die a lot and do fine but it will take you ages to finish the map.

Oursizes
05-06-2015, 07:53 AM
I can totally agree with Merch_Master's post. I have run t3 with a fully decked out mage(had arcane ring planar recipe AND SNS!!!), and he did not know that he was supposed to kill the vines on boss. Also, he didn't even know the proper pulls in the map, and just cost me and the rest of my team more ankhs. During the boss fight there were like 4-6 vines protecting the boss, and he was like "kill boss not vines". That mage did not work at all of any of his gears, and it's not difficult to tell.