PDA

View Full Version : Influencing AL with PL

Squeezable
05-05-2015, 03:16 PM
Coming from PL was a huge change, any old PL players would understand. Things such as the skill system...

In Pocket Legends, PVP was mainly based on skill. With the 12 different skills to vary your skill points on and different builds you could've made the experience of PVP more exciting and a learning curve. Yes - decent gear was essential, but that's the same with it all and should be. To have good KDR, which let's be honest is what PVP is all about, was all about your personal skill build and combos that you learned of others.

That's it! Learning. Which is what makes a game more exciting and interactive. With Arcane Legends, you can have the best gear and pet, have the worst skill, and still be considered as a 'pro'.

For PVP to become fun for EVERYBODY the skill system needs to be changed, and I'm sure even the rich players can understand. Things like charging a skill, pretty pointless. A mage not being able to revive, what is that?! A simple thing like a mage being able to revive would give them use in areana/tombs. Only having 4 skills... Now I understand we can have different builds with this, but it just takes away the skill needed to play properly. A player with with the most AL skill with legendary equipment just can't compete against a mythic/arcane player with the worst skill.

I know it's extreme, and really different to how it is now, but how about letting us have 6 skills that go on the corner of the screen and let go of this charged thing. Maybe even let us have all 8 skills usable, this would just give us less rich players a chance to do something else other than PVE and would greatly boost PVP players. I'm not saying get rid of the high end gear either because let's be honest - the cheapest equipment isn't toooo far off the most expensive.

I also think it would balance out the warrior imbalance.

Let me know what you guys think! Just an idea, nothing too serious. PL was a great game and could influence AL in so many more ways.

Zylx
05-05-2015, 03:45 PM
AL's simplistic combat is at fault. There is absolutely no skill needed for button mashing. So it all comes down to gear, and if you aren't rich enough to buy good gear, you have no hope in competing against those who do. Everyone talks about strategy too. In PvP, there is no strategy. For the equal geared, it all comes down to who gets critted first. That's the sad truth in AL. I don't know anything about PL's game mechanics, but AL will never be more than a simplistic rpg where the only difficulty is in trying to compete with the top players unless you have the top gear yourself.

Squeezable
05-05-2015, 04:24 PM
AL's simplistic combat is at fault just re is absolutely no skill needed for button mashing. So it all comes down to gear, and if you aren't rich enough to buy good gear, you have no hope in competing against those who do. Everyone talks about strategy too. In PvP, there is no strategy. For the equal geared, it all comes down to who gets critted first. That's the sad truth in AL. I don't know anything about PL's game mechanics, but AL will never be more than a simplistic rpg where the only difficulty is in trying to compete with the top players unless you have the top gear yourself.

Exactly. I couldn't agree more, but we need change! Change is good and change motivates players and gives a bigger audience.

Pocket legends PVP was generally fun for everybody, absolutely nothing like AL. Nobody ever rushed, obviously you got the odd one now and then but if anyone saw anyone rush, everybody turned against them and rushed them. It's just how PL worked and it definately did work. The skill system was there was 12 skills, different for each class, and each skill could be upgraded 6times. 9 times if you reached L66. This gave a huge amount of personal preference to the player, and could adapt to how they wanted to fight. Unlike AL, you have 4 skills to choose from 8 which is barely anything.

Also this passive business is also pretty pointless, it needs to go.Especially because it doesn't even all work properly like the dmg passive. Just let players have the stats they have from equipment. This huge step is essential to AL PVP equality. Having skill is much more exciting than farming people with crawly and 1000c legendary armour, just an example. Sorry about the paragraphs hahaha I'm just pretty passionate about it.

supersyan
05-06-2015, 09:08 AM
AL = 2012
Skill - 90% Gear - 10%
AL = 2013
Skill - 50% Gear - 50%
AL = 2014
Skill - 20% Gear - 80%
AL = 2015
Skill - 5% Gear - 80% Nekro- 15%

Valkiryas
05-06-2015, 12:38 PM
I remember in 2012 when the games begin, the best gear ( For Rogue ) was the "Demonlord Leather of Will" It just had around 2 more dexterity and 30 more armor also it worth around 400k agaisnt the "Agile Ranger Leather of Savvy" and It cost around 20k .

Now the gap beetween rich and poor is way too high, just look the diference between the expedition bow and the Elondrian/Frost bow, seriously now is too ( Sorry but I need to say ) too estupid the way this game took ... Far away from what it were :(

Squeezable
05-06-2015, 01:06 PM
I remember in 2012 when the games begin, the best gear ( For Rogue ) was the "Demonlord Leather of Will" It just had around 2 more dexterity and 30 more armor also it worth around 400k agaisnt the "Agile Ranger Leather of Savvy" and It cost around 20k .

Now the gap beetween rich and poor is way too high, just look the diference between the expedition bow and the Elondrian/Frost bow, seriously now is too ( Sorry but I need to say ) too estupid the way this game took ... Far away from what it were :(

Can't say I was an AL player back then, but I was a PL player. But yes, the gap is enormous!

In PL, to show your wealth you used to have the best vanities, not equipment. All the equipment was merely the same. Also, another way PL was more exciting was because all items were used for all players. So a warrior could equip bow, mage could equip sword, and so on... This gave so many different styles of builds people could've played and most of them worked if you had the right SKILL.

It's just, coming from an end game PVE player, I wouldn't dare enter the PVP room. Not even with a twink, unless I was hooked with Para gems and a maridos. Despite having the ability to learn the skill, there's no skill to learn. Just a little frustrating I have nothing to do except PVE which is dry enough as it is at the minute.

Squeezable
05-11-2015, 09:34 AM
Jumping thread.. I think it's a good idea and for it to be implemented would make the pvp experience better for everybody.