PDA

View Full Version : Offline mode!!

Canyon97
04-02-2011, 09:26 PM
I think it would b cool to hve an offline mode to pl because im on the road alot during the summer and i wish i had 3g but idont so i wished there was an offline mode. Offline mode can b the same thing, its just tht ur by urself when fighting things and certain things u do online arnt offline like the balefort auction place. Post a replay on wether u like the idea of offline or not. Thanks:)

Arterra
04-02-2011, 10:16 PM
i shall say YES to this even tho suggestion #75927656293 about this, due to it being so VITAL.

BASICALLY in case the language / grammar are too much, ghost mode so that you can not be bothered by invites when trying to just chill or check stuff

Conradin
04-02-2011, 10:21 PM
^ amen!!!!!

giayuan
04-02-2011, 10:39 PM
i shall say YES to this even tho suggestion #75927656293 about this, due to it being so VITAL.

BASICALLY in case the language / grammar are too much, ghost mode so that you can not be bothered by invites when trying to just chill or check stuff

erh.. no I think s/he means that there should be offline mode, not invisible, but offline. Like you can play PL, but without the other people. And the things like purchasing platinum, posting in consignment shop, will be unavailable until internet is back on. I totally agree to this, and I dont think itll be that hard to implement.

superglut2
04-03-2011, 07:01 AM
Offline mode. BUT offlI e mode doesnt count on online, so u cant cheat or hack.

Major
04-03-2011, 10:25 AM
Ya I would only agree to this, prob devs too, if there was a whole separate online PL game then a separate offline game. If you could just take one of your offline chars and went to play them online there would be too much risks of ppl hacking, cheating, duping ect. I like the idea but this is the fact lol.

giayuan
04-03-2011, 11:38 AM
Ya I would only agree to this, prob devs too, if there was a whole separate online PL game then a separate offline game. If you could just take one of your offline chars and went to play them online there would be too much risks of ppl hacking, cheating, duping ect. I like the idea but this is the fact lol.

oh yeah.. forgot about the hacking part. Everytime good ideas like these come up, i only think how awesome it would be for me and from my point of view.. STUPID HACKERS D:

Echelong
04-03-2011, 11:47 AM
This is an MMORPG meaning massively multiplayer online role playing game meaning its online only. DD is a good game for solo play on an MMO like game.

FluffNStuff
04-03-2011, 11:49 AM
Excactly major, that's the reason they store all data on the server and not the client.

Parasyte
04-03-2011, 12:54 PM
I agree with this only because i used to play D2 and single player was fun. I could just get away from the people that reck what i am doing and so on so forth. This would really help people that are addicted to Pocket Legends that play on a Apple Device ;).

Canyon97
04-03-2011, 02:24 PM
Shoot i did forget about hacking. Well if u made a way to where platinum was totally taken off of the offline mode like showing how much u got and how many kills etc. Dont count to online mode then there should really b no problemb. O and gold will not b provided. Just exp.

KaotiicxDream
04-03-2011, 02:34 PM
PL is an online MMO game. If you don't have internet connection then it's bad for you.

Canyon97
04-03-2011, 02:47 PM
PL is an online MMO game. If you don't have internet connection then it's bad for you.

I know its an online game and i do hve internet duh. It would just b cool to hve an offline mode to a really popular game. Thats all im saying

superglut2
04-04-2011, 09:58 AM
Well probably never going to happen.just buy a phone with a 3G internet flat.

Arterra
04-04-2011, 10:29 AM
Idea: you can download character info, but not upload. So, you can practice your combos and damage between item sets but not have it affect your game when you go online.

hawkei
04-04-2011, 10:30 AM
hawkeyi agrees!!!

superglut2
04-04-2011, 11:53 AM
Lol hav a mini game offline. U import ur char and fight lots of waves. Just to kill time.

lilbyrdie
04-04-2011, 11:59 AM
Although an offline play mode would be fun, and fill in for a fix when lag is terrible or you're out of WiFi/cellular range, they'd probably have to remove so much stuff to reduce the abuse that it wouldn't be nearly as fun.

It can't be used for farming... too much potential for item abuse.

It can't be used for grinding... too much potential for xp abuse.

So what could it be used for?

Maybe PvB with no results other than a statistic? That's Player vs Boss. Think an arena with one or more bosses. You have unlimited pots, no elixirs (you can't buy anything -- or sell anything -- so you shouldn't have to use up any items either) and you have the last equipment you used while online (no selling or liquidating, but you could equip or unequip things).

Your reward? Bragging rights... or shame, if you keep losing. About all it'd be good for is practicing solo Boss techniques and see what the game would be like with absolutely no lag at all.

Think of the hardest boss in the game (for you). Now put 4 of that boss in an arena (with the colored orbs, hopefully). How long can you survive? Can you beat them? And lag isn't an excuse for losing. :)

Think of these as specific solo scenario challenges. (Starcraft 2 has these sorts of things. Good for newbie training.) Might even get more people into PvP.

StompArtist
04-04-2011, 11:59 AM
Idea: you can download character info, but not upload. So, you can practice your combos and damage between item sets but not have it affect your game when you go online.

This would be great even with no gold/xp. Problem is at that point people would start complaining that they did all this offline work for nothing :(

Mathuyama
04-04-2011, 12:42 PM
I think it would b cool to hve an offline mode to pl because im on the road alot during the summer and i wish i had 3g but idont so i wished there was an offline mode. Offline mode can b the same thing, its just tht ur by urself when fighting things and certain things u do online arnt offline like the balefort auction place. Post a replay on wether u like the idea of offline or not. Thanks:)
Yes! You could host gamesfor your friends and you with Bluetooth or Wi-Fi.

Arterra
04-04-2011, 01:09 PM
This would be great even with no gold/xp. Problem is at that point people would start complaining that they did all this offline work for nothing :(

you cant advance offline, only test items and damage/armor in a regulated PvE environment. if they want anything to count, online.

superglut2
04-04-2011, 03:41 PM
Well i dont seethe point of hosting with friends. Thos way devs would lose money since as in right now u jave to get ur frieds to pay 10 dollars. When theres offline mode theres no more reason to pay. Id just imvite my friends and play with them offline

Canyon97
04-06-2011, 06:19 AM
If u played lost planet 2 there is this mode u can buy called rush arena where u face all of the bosses. Maybe they could hve offline were u only face all the bosses and just get bragg rights and thts all. I think tht would b fun offline.

superglut2
04-06-2011, 06:26 AM
Yea would dev be good for ipod touch users.