PDA

View Full Version : New [MYTHIC] pet - Oliver the troll

Trikzy
05-06-2015, 05:58 AM
As we know the new expansion is coming to Arcane Legends and therefore new maps, items and a new level cap. But there isnt coming any new pets. Or is there?
Well, I have an idea what might kill few birds at one rock throw. I was thinking with the new expansion coming and other items, how about introducing a new mythic pet. But this isnt your any ordinary pet. Its special in many ways. It is a brand new mythical orc/troll named Oliver (im not good with coming up with imaginative names, cba).
DESCRIPTION: Oliver is a giant taller than warrior and smells more (no offense :D). He is wearing a traditional orc ripped greenish or orangeish clothes and at one hand, he is wearing a (spiked) club/mace and has an evil laugh in his face.
Some arguments why this troll/orc/giant should be a perfect companion:

1) This new "pet" would be perfect for the warrior because both warrior and Oliver rely on brute strength to crush the enemy. The new mythic "pet" would have the following happiness bonus: +30 primary stat, +10 str and int, +5-10% damage, 300 health and mana and his passive ability would be club smash, what does single target damage from levels 1-10 and then this: Club swing. Oliver swings his club towards the enemies. The swing does damage to multiple enemies and they have 50% chance of getting stunned in place. As cor the arcane ability, there could be some sort of party buff when used, gives +10% damage, health and armor bonus or health regen and knocks back all surrounding enemies.

2) This new mythic pet would be ONLY CRFTABLE from crafting ingredients from a quest. For example, this pet egg could be crafted by taking a quest from someone and then you would have to kill certain creatures 500 times to get a piece of the craftable egg OR you will have a 0,15% chance of getting the crafting piece. Naturally the pieces of craftable egg will be UNTRADEABLE, but the egg will be TRADEABLE. And when you have all crafting ingridients, you can craft the egg. Therefore people will have a way to make money through pure farming and the egg WILL NOT be purchasable with PLATINUM to prevent too many eggs flowing in the economy. This would be both benefit warriors and non-plat /with low income players to get the egg to get the most of the game.

P.S Sorry for any grammar mistakes occouring in the text as I will edit and add more details as soon as I can.

Trikzy
05-06-2015, 06:00 AM
Reserved for any additional notifications/updates.

Edited passive and arcane ability!

Trikzy
05-06-2015, 06:23 AM
Lmao! Another troll in AL sureeee . ..

20% chance to stun? Slag has a 70ish% of stunning mobs. That needs tweaking...

All in all not a bad idea about having a craft able mythic pet for us f2p players.
Stats can always be changed for bigger or lower depending if t seems to OP or not. But thanks for feedback

Wazakesy
05-06-2015, 06:28 AM
yay troll! Relax, just joking, no offense :D

Hmm...we got a new mythic pet, but how about....if this pet was totally craftable?..I mean those cryogem fragment or the ren'gol rune could be useful in creating the egg?

merch_master
05-06-2015, 07:15 AM
Both passive and arcane attacks are almost the same and weak for a mythic pet...what i would suggest is
Let PA be club smash with low chance to stun
Let AA be a buff to all party members ( displayed as a kind of war cry by the orc)....a party buff would really benefit a war

Oursizes
05-06-2015, 07:48 AM
I personally like this idea of yours, but yeah the stats can always be tweaked a bit to close the gap of pets. This pet would have to be PURE craftable, no plat involved. However, I believe that you should need to kill x amount of monsters, even if it's elite monsters idc. But the whole .15% drop rate means that a player can kill 1 and loot the craftable thing, and another can kill 10,000 and not loot once. Making it killing x amount of monsters gives everyone the same opportunity. Very nice thought though.

Trikzy
05-06-2015, 07:57 AM
Both passive and arcane attacks are almost the same and weak for a mythic pet...what i would suggest is
Let PA be club smash with low chance to stun
Let AA be a buff to all party members ( displayed as a kind of war cry by the orc)....a party buff would really benefit a war

Interesting, if there are more people in favor of this, Ill change the PA and AA :)

Trikzy
05-06-2015, 08:02 AM
Ipersonally like this idea of yours, but yeah the stats can always be tweaked a bit to close the gap of pets. This pet would have to be PURE craftable, no plat involved. However, I believe that you should need to kill x amount of monsters, even if it's elite monsters idc. But the whole .15% drop rate means that a player can kill 1 and loot the craftable thing, and another can kill 10,000 and not loot once. Making it killing x amount of monsters gives everyone the same opportunity. Very nice thought though.

Good point, but would it be reasonable to have just ONLY 1 crafting piece that could be based on luck and THE REST ONLY THROUGH Killng X amount or pure craftavle to ensure EVERYONE has the same start?

Trikzy
05-06-2015, 01:45 PM
What do you guys think about this idea?

cami
05-06-2015, 01:48 PM
What do you guys think about this idea?

Hmm, I dont remember how many threads I read about of a troll pet o.O

But well...

Trikzy
05-06-2015, 02:06 PM
Hmm, I dont remember how many threads I read about of a troll pet o.O

But well...

If troll isnt appropriate, it could be a giant or an orc

Oursizes
05-06-2015, 07:31 PM
Idc what kind of pet it is, just should be finally obtainable reasonably.

Farminer's
05-06-2015, 07:37 PM
I like this idea +1

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Trikzy
05-06-2015, 11:11 PM
Edited the passive and arcane ability, maybe this seems better, or is it still underestimated?
Give more feedback so we could let developers know about this awesome idea :)

ALSO, STS staff/support, what d you think about it?

Hail
05-07-2015, 01:15 AM
Lets make low level warriors even harder to kill why dont we?

Trikzy
05-07-2015, 03:41 AM
Lets make low level warriors even harder to kill why dont we?

Do I notice a sarcasm note? Well, your anger is reasonable, the only place you can kill low level warrior is twink pvp, but rogues still dominate in pvp because of their high single target damage and rogues usually beat both mages and warriors, if played well. Also, try to look at this at the end-game warrior perspective. Warriors are loosing their meaning in planar tombs/arena so they should receive a good pet :)

Oursizes
05-07-2015, 05:29 AM
How about letting only end game toons do the quest, and you have to be a certain level(for example) 31+ to open it instead of lvl 1? So twinking won't really be affected

Trikzy
05-07-2015, 06:52 AM
How about letting only end game toons do the quest, and you have to be a certain level(for example) 31+ to open it instead of lvl 1? So twinking won't really be affected

Well, that is also an option

Trikzy
05-07-2015, 02:57 PM
What about you sts support? What do you think about this idea?

Trikzy
05-08-2015, 03:06 PM
More feedback please :)

Trikzy
05-11-2015, 07:54 AM
No more feedback?