PDA

View Full Version : GCD a half a second wait.

Mikeylito
04-03-2011, 05:45 AM
I thought GCD was going to be made to stop multi tappers with maybe .0010 of a second wait... But not half a second! A mage has 4 buffs(2 blessings, rev, mana shield) 5 main skills, 2 main debuffs. So just to unleash all that at a mob its going to take 5.5-9 seconds(If timed perfectly). 5.5-9 seconds may not seem like alot, but believe me for just one combo in pve its a eternity. Just look at a clock right now and wait 9 seconds. Its A long time in a video game!

Farming in PVE is already boring enough as is. Imagine when its going to take 30-50 percent more time to clear a stage.

This is supposed to make PVP more fair? Now its all about whoever gets the first hit first. Not enough diversity in classes to be anything different. Good players will still own,bad players will still get owned by.

This game was all about getting things done quick and simple. Now I hope things dont take a turn with this GCD coming. All because of a few PVPrs cheating with the multi tap now pvp and pve players will suffer.

So i have a new game plan with GCD. Im going to unleash a skill at a mob then take a shower, eat, spend time with the spouse, and by the time i come back to the game hopefully my next skill will be ready :)

icantgetkills
04-03-2011, 05:46 AM
they will make it so weapons do more damage and mobs have less hp and also this way it will take more skill and other devices will run alot better without spam all of the screen this is a must need update and i personally think it will be awesome as i semi lost interest when i hit 55 because balefort sewers for to easy.

Mikeylito
04-03-2011, 05:51 AM
I read nothing in the future update about weapons being stronger and mobs having less hp. That is not a fact.

icantgetkills
04-03-2011, 05:53 AM
I read nothing in the future update about weapons being stronger and mobs having less hp. That is not a fact.

actually it WILL Happen PM the devs.. mobs will have less hp and weapons stronger to make it even they would not make it so runs double even triple in time with GCD because people would get frustrated

Mikeylito
04-03-2011, 05:55 AM
actually it WILL Happen PM the devs.. mobs will have less hp and weapons stronger to make it even they would not make it so runs double even triple in time with GCD because people would get frustrated

I hope your right, but in the future update coming I didnt read anything about enemies being easier and weapons being stronger.

icantgetkills
04-03-2011, 05:57 AM
I hope your right, but in the future update coming I didnt read anything about enemies being easier and weapons being stronger.

trust me it will... and oh your kellylita ;D hellooo u beat me on my bear in pvp :,(

Necrobane
04-03-2011, 06:02 AM
Give GCD half a chance, I mean common...why grouch over something that you haven't tested or even seen yet. Cast judgements when you know what its like. Remember, For PvP it's affecting everyone.

MoarPewPew
04-03-2011, 06:05 AM
Give GCD half a chance, I mean common...why grouch over something that you haven't tested or even seen yet. Cast judgements when you know what its like. Remember, For PvP it's affecting everyone.

I couldn't have said it better myself. People should wait and see before they cast judgment over this change in PL. This could be a great change that drastically improves gameplay and combat experience.

Ellyidol
04-03-2011, 06:06 AM
I'm definitely sure it'll come out better.

Devs won't add something that'll just destroy the game, so there really must be something we aren't seeing yet :)

Same with a bear even, 3 slashes that'll take at least 3 seconds to use? =/

Necrobane
04-03-2011, 06:11 AM
Hey Elly, this means wwe'll have to work out combo's and stuff. = FUN :D

Ellyidol
04-03-2011, 06:15 AM
Hey Elly, this means wwe'll have to work out combo's and stuff. = FUN :D

Not again.. :( Lol! But it should give more stuff to do :)

davidis57
04-03-2011, 08:36 AM
They could make combos one skill than if lag happened would not have to retry. I hate trying to make a combo work and I am lagging. I would like to see buffs last longer than few sec.

Major
04-03-2011, 10:15 AM
Well I kinda hate the half second cool down but the devs will make it work......as long as it helps my ping go down, I'm happy lol.

Echelong
04-03-2011, 10:45 AM
Well Buffs should be used before an encounter, only problem I see is with debuffs and heals and rev. We will just have to test it and see how it goes.

Ayrilana
04-03-2011, 11:14 AM

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?21030-Upcoming-Change-to-Skills-Global-Cool-Down

Mikeylito
04-12-2011, 07:49 PM
Okay okay i hate to say it but........ I told you so! Kk sorry just had to say it.

Justg
04-12-2011, 08:03 PM
We do understand this is very controversial. It usually takes us a day or so to gather feedback and iterate. We are playing, watching, and listening. Consolidating feedback here please: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?23320-Client-Update-1.7.1-is-Live!