View Full Version : Planar Arena 'rules'

Zestee
05-06-2015, 06:48 PM
I've looked through the guides, but not found what I'm looking for so hopefully someone can either point me in the direction of a guide I have missed, or tell me.

When in the Arena, I've had people say things to me like "don't move", "don't use pierce", "don't use charge", "stand here".

Is there any guide which tells which of these rules apply to which boss? And if you happen to know WHY we can't move/pierce/charge etc, that'd be nice to know too :)

TIA

Squeezable
05-06-2015, 06:54 PM
+1 to this question. Tend to stay away because I have absolutely no idea what to do hahah!

Caabatric
05-06-2015, 06:56 PM
mostly these are environment specific
Mushrooms= stand on the right wall and dont move
Spiders = dependent on pt but move as little as possible
Poison= move as little as possible
Prox Curse= dont run over your opponents, people sometimes do 1 person in each corner
Vortex Crystal= do as u please
Oblisk= stand near the gate, use stun pets(often not always), dont attack the oblisk(the structure in the middle of the map)

Overweightank
05-06-2015, 07:12 PM
mostly these are environment specific
Mushrooms= stand on the right wall and dont move
Spiders = dependent on pt but move as little as possible
Poison= move as little as possible
Prox Curse= dont run over your opponents, people sometimes do 1 person in each corner
Vortex Crystal= do as u please
Oblisk= stand near the gate, use stun pets(often not always), dont attack the oblisk(the structure in the middle of the map)

FOR OBELISK : Don't forget dont move away from wall. Don't use fireball. Don't peirce, dont skyward smash, be careful with axe pull, don't jugg close to obelisk, don't use pets if you gonna move, dont use aoe pets, be careful with ur nox... plz... , don't trap or clock or curse near obelisk (or at all, idk for sure forgive me).

^^^^^^^^^^ Obelisk is one of most broken parts of arena haha basically dont do anything :3 Do exactly as follows above, and listen to ur pt when they say take off pets xD

Candylicks
05-06-2015, 07:16 PM
I love when people bark out orders in Arena.

1. Spiders- This is totally blown out of proportion in this game. Guess what? Even if you run laps during spider you can't spawn that many. There is a limit. So when they tell you 'DONT MOVE' respond with 'LOL'

2. Crystals- They tell you to move around when you have it. I laugh when I see especially warriors running. You can just keep on DPS the boss and ignore them. If you get tossed and you are a rogue, use SP to get back to the boss.

3. Prox- Well don't camp the dead. Meaning if someone dies under your feet and you have the ring, move off them or they can't rev without dying immediately.

4. Shrooms- Stick to the bottom right wall.

5. Obelisk- Kill the boss quickly and try to not shoot the rock or let your pet get busy on it. Personally I never 'remove pet' or have a freak when someone accidentally hits the rock, just kill the boss before the timer is up. No sweating it! You can do it!!

Have fun!

merch_master
05-06-2015, 10:56 PM
FOR OBELISK : Don't forget dont move away from wall. Don't use fireball. Don't peirce, dont skyward smash, be careful with axe pull, don't jugg close to obelisk, don't use pets if you gonna move, dont use aoe pets, be careful with ur nox... plz... , don't trap or clock or curse near obelisk (or at all, idk for sure forgive me).

^^^^^^^^^^ Obelisk is one of most broken parts of arena haha basically dont do anything :3 Do exactly as follows above, and listen to ur pt when they say take off pets xD
Just one small point, smash is fine once the boss has come to the wall; it isnt as direction dependent as axe throw but more distance dependent. So you just have to be close enough to boss, but far enough from obelisk to use it

merch_master
05-06-2015, 10:59 PM

1. Spiders- This is totally blown out of proportion in this game. Guess what? Even if you run laps during spider you can't spawn that many. There is a limit. So when they tell you 'DONT MOVE' respond with 'LOL'

2. Crystals- They tell you to move around when you have it. I laugh when I see especially warriors running. You can just keep on DPS the boss and ignore them. If you get tossed and you are a rogue, use SP to get back to the boss.

3. Prox- Well don't camp the dead. Meaning if someone dies under your feet and you have the ring, move off them or they can't rev without dying immediately.

5. Obelisk- Kill the boss quickly and try to not shoot the rock or let your pet get busy on it. Personally I never 'remove pet' or have a freak when someone accidentally hits the rock, just kill the boss before the timer is up. No sweating it! You can do it!!

Have fun!
But stahl and ferrix with enrage can be very troublesome and gear heavily comes into play there. One-shots are too easy for average geared ( mix of pink and orange or just pink) players.
Plus its a stratergy and makes us feel like we are pro so shush [emoji14]
The rest is hype as you say, the mushroom one doesnt ever work for me ; even when i am literally hugging the wall

Candylicks
05-06-2015, 11:34 PM
Yeah I don't hug the wall either in mushrooms. Lol. Stahl and ferrix are babies the only annoying boss in arena is glob. He one shots me often regardless of environment.

eugene9707
05-06-2015, 11:42 PM
Yeah I don't hug the wall either in mushrooms. Lol. Stahl and ferrix are babies the only annoying boss in arena is glob. He one shots me often regardless of environment.

babies @.@ they one shot me .-.

Jirikjurasek
05-07-2015, 12:02 AM
I've looked through the guides, but not found what I'm looking for so hopefully someone can either point me in the direction of a guide I have missed, or tell me.

When in the Arena, I've had people say things to me like "don't move", "don't use pierce", "don't use charge", "stand here".

Is there any guide which tells which of these rules apply to which boss? And if you happen to know WHY we can't move/pierce/charge etc, that'd be nice to know too :)

TIA

When you dont know this "rules", you are propably somehow new at it, and if you are not running with maxed out people like this:

Have fun!

...you should follow:

"don't move" - Spider environment, more you move, more spawn. They have low HP, and rogue can one-shooted them, but if there is more spiders, pets AA can target them, Axe Throw hit them and so on. If you dont care about speed of run, you should care about ability to hit what you want (i.e. if Kelvin stun hit spider instead of Frostir, moderate-low geared party could have a big problem)

"don't use pierce" - pierce/skyward smash/gale force...this skill trigger spiders (you move with this skill). Another situation is proximity curse (pink and violet circle around you) - when you have curse, you can easily kill whole team when all party members is in line of pierce.

"don't use charge" - arena is one-target area. You have to kill boss as fast as possible, charging almost all skills is big dmg loss (depends on build of course, but when you attack on one target, NEVER charge nox :D). Charged pierce with enrage-obelisk environment is also deadly, you with hit boss and jump on obelisk and trigger the countdown.

"stand here" - few situation: 1) Stahl with spiders - stand in the middle and dont move. Mushrooms - right-down corner for less pulls of mushrooms.

Maybe I forgot on something, but you have to always adjust your strategy and tactic due to strenght of whole party :-)

Zestee
05-07-2015, 12:51 AM
Thanks so much guys, this really helps!

One question, why can't we charge nox in particular?

"don't use charge" - arena is one-target area. You have to kill boss as fast as possible, charging almost all skills is big dmg loss (depends on build of course, but when you attack on one target, NEVER charge nox :D).

Jirikjurasek
05-07-2015, 01:14 AM
Thanks so much guys, this really helps!

One question, why can't we charge nox in particular?

As Safira said.
And Aimed Shot gives crit bonus, when you dont charge anything, you can stack 30% bonus to crit, which add huge dmg boost

Zestee
05-07-2015, 01:38 AM
Because charging nox bolt does nothing to improve its damage on a single target. You waste time charging when you can fire off a second combo.

Fyi charged nox only gives a poison radius on impact. Uncharged nox poisons only one target but thats all you need.

Problem is I am using ghoulish blades, and when I distance fight my only weapons are aimed and nox. They take time to re-charge, so wasting time isn't an issue. Wish I'd waited and saved up for a bow!

Froxanthar
05-07-2015, 01:46 AM
Much more worst if he/she can't understand you at all. Sometimes I had to say " Do you speaka english?" 😐

Jirikjurasek
05-07-2015, 01:49 AM
Problem is I am using ghoulish blades, and when I distance fight my only weapons are aimed and nox. They take time to re-charge, so wasting time isn't an issue. Wish I'd waited and saved up for a bow!

Buy expedition bow for arena/boss fights :-)

Zestee
05-07-2015, 01:53 AM
Buy expedition bow for arena/boss fights :-)

I have two, but they're so rubbish!! I lose 32.6 damage, and 267.1 DPS....

Jirikjurasek
05-07-2015, 01:56 AM
I have two, but they're so rubbish!! I lose 32.6 damage, and 267.1 DPS....

Try your dmg output with daggers (only aimed and nox as you use it now in arena) and compare with expedition bow combo (Aim - Nox - Normal - Pierce)

Zestee
05-07-2015, 02:06 AM
Try your dmg output with daggers (only aimed and nox as you use it now in arena) and compare with expedition bow combo (Aim - Nox - Normal - Pierce)

OK, I'll give it a go now.

Sundar Moorthi
05-07-2015, 02:09 AM
Ferrix boss its a bad guy if a low hp Mage or Rogue die with poison dont use ankhs until the poison leave on floor if u revive u die instantly ( i die 5times in a row standing on poison using ankhs my hp its 3.5k)

merch_master
05-07-2015, 03:57 AM
From a wars point of view, i find glob child's play on most occasions....whether normal or enraged, his normal attacks cant one shot tanks; only the triangular red zone can which takes time to charge up. A good alternate usage of horn and kelvin's stun can prevent it entirely from hitting anyone.
Also, holding aggro on glob is easier except for the rare rush he does.
Problem with stahl is, in enrage he hits really hard with his attacks which are difficult to circumvent
And as a tank, not a fan of ferrix's poison pools

Candylicks
05-07-2015, 06:08 AM
Wut is a warrior?

Wazakesy
05-07-2015, 06:14 AM
Wut is a warrior?

apparently a warrior a fatty guy who keeps feeding on McDonald burgers. Thus the great fat produced allows these "warriors" to soak up so much DMG :/

They also love to go on a picnic! Be sure to have some burgers! Especially McDonald ones, LOL!

merch_master
05-07-2015, 06:31 AM
We like to skip leg day as well and stand outside maps crying for parties :,(

Kyle Holmes
05-07-2015, 06:45 AM
We like to skip leg day as well and stand outside maps crying for parties :,(
That made me LOL their legs are so tiny

sent from fritters beak

twoxc
05-07-2015, 11:18 AM

Have fun!

You're missing Poison Cloud xD.

Candylicks
05-07-2015, 11:19 AM
You're missing Poison Cloud xD.

Step in the poison and proc your ammy.