PDA

View Full Version : Favors in Game

Zeus
04-03-2011, 01:52 PM
Ok, Just a little vent/letting out some frustration here. Please do not name-call, put anybody out there, or flame.

Recently, I have noticed people are asking favors. Now, while I'm fine with that. It has really started to put me off when you ask multiple favors, especially in the same day or when I'm clearly busy. On top of that, after I politely decline, I or anybody else for that matter, feel that I shouldn't be nagged about with more persistent pleading, such as : "Please, just two runs!". This is mainly coming from people on friends list. Not so much in towne. I'm one of those people who hate saying "No" and only say it when I really can't. Thus, when I or somebody else declines your favor. PLEASE STOP! It's rude to be persistently bugging the player afterwards.

KingFu
04-03-2011, 01:54 PM
Its okay parth, you're one of the most generous people I know:) and I still owe you 20K! (which I have now^^)

Zeus
04-03-2011, 01:55 PM
Its okay parth, you're one of the most generous people I know:) and I still owe you 20K! (which I have now^^)

It's ok :D. Don't worry about that :D.

Kossi
04-03-2011, 01:55 PM
i never ask anyone for favors unless it has to do with getting a good screenie..
i dun like pve :/

Conradin
04-03-2011, 02:05 PM
Hey Parth, this reminded me, could u power lvl my twink to 50 tonight after youve had a extremely frustratinh day and want to farm plasma?

Jk - lol bro idelete dudes that do that constantly.

Zeus
04-03-2011, 02:12 PM
Hey Parth, this reminded me, could u power lvl my twink to 50 tonight after youve had a extremely frustratinh day and want to farm plasma?

Jk - lol bro idelete dudes that do that constantly.

Lol, that reminded me.

EDIT: Just because somebody is farming plasma does not mean they are powerleveling! Every time somebody joins the gold value decreases :(, Making my runs even more tedious.

Coltona
04-03-2011, 02:22 PM
I agree completely!!!!!!! I have a friend I added awhile bac and he just stays in balefort ALL day long asking for free sewer pinks, mainly fury fighters. Then when he notices i'm on he asks me for them. There was a thread made awhile back about it with screenies of him asking. I had to practically tell him to leave me the F alone since he would pm me for free sewer items, then I got tired of him in town and told him he looked like and idiot and had turned himself into a laughing stock since no one in their right mind would give him sewer items or 500k like he was begging for.

Btw can beggars who do it too much be banned? I hope so every in town should report him.

noobmigo
04-03-2011, 02:23 PM
Woops, I'm sorry Range, for asking you to help me beat OL.
Anyway, you did, and now I can VL ;)
Anyway, if I'm bugging you, then just say so.

BTW, can you loan me 500k?
I would also like a 15 armsman, and an artisan's.
I would also like you to level me from 50-56 WITHOUT pots.

TYSM.

Nah, joke.

Your one of the nicest players in game. This rant is amazing. :p

Zeus
04-03-2011, 02:24 PM
Woops, I'm sorry Range, for asking you to help me beat OL.
Anyway, you did, and now I can VL ;)
Anyway, if I'm bugging you, then just say so.

BTW, can you loan me 500k?
I would also like a 15 armsman, and an artisan's.
I would also like you to level me from 50-56 WITHOUT pots.

TYSM.

Nah, joke.

Your one of the nicest players in game. This rant is amazing. :p

:D. I don't mind helping people. Just the fact is when you start once, some people get the idea that your the guy to go to whenever you need a favor. That's when I get annoyed :D

noobmigo
04-03-2011, 02:26 PM
:D. I don't mind helping people. Just the fact is when you start once, some people get the idea that your the guy to go to whenever you need a favor. That's when I get annoyed :D

You have too much self-control, dude.
When you feel like someone is begging you too much, ask them to hop off and put them on your ignore list.

KingFu
04-03-2011, 02:28 PM
I agree completely!!!!!!! I have a friend I added awhile bac and he just stays in balefort ALL day long asking for free sewer pinks, mainly fury fighters. Then when he notices i'm on he asks me for them. There was a thread made awhile back about it with screenies of him asking. I had to practically tell him to leave me the F alone since he would pm me for free sewer items, then I got tired of him in town and told him he looked like and idiot and had turned himself into a laughing stock since no one in their right mind would give him sewer items or 500k like he was begging for.

Btw can beggars who do it too much be banned? I hope so every in town should report him.

Lemme guess, Jadkins? Lol

KaotiicxDream
04-03-2011, 02:29 PM
Range I know what ya mean ...:-) I guess (I've never played with ya) u r one of the nicest players since everyone says so ;-)

noobmigo
04-03-2011, 02:30 PM

I was wearing a COSMOS SET and he STILL asked me for sewer items.
I was like, *Puts on Mustache and Noob Gear* Hurrrrh? Sewa item? What that?
Then he left me alone.

Coltona
04-03-2011, 02:36 PM

YESSSSS! Added him before I found out he's....well....not all there. I mean I do random acts of kindness ( giving away 30-40 pinks, or 10k to 5 random people, going out of the way to help friends with quests,levels, or get a rare hard to find item), but he doesn't try ANYTHING except begging. REALLLLLLLYYYYY annoying. I added him since we have the same last name and he seemed likeable at the time but now...:(

Here's the thread I was talking about: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?22166-Hahahahaha-low-levels-crack-me-up

Took forever to find since I couldn't remember the exact name so I had to go like back 8 or 9 pages of threads from the past week or so. Lol

KaotiicxDream
04-03-2011, 02:42 PM
YESSSSS! Added him before I found out he's....well....not all there. I mean I do random acts of kindness ( giving away 30-40 pinks, or 10k to 5 random people, going out of the way to help friends with quests,levels, or get a rare hard to find item), but he doesn't try ANYTHING except begging. REALLLLLLLYYYYY annoying. I added him since we have the same last name and he seemed likeable at the time but now...:(

Here's the thread I was talking about: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?22166-Hahahahaha-low-levels-crack-me-up

Took forever to find since I couldn't remember the exact name so I had to go like back 8 or 9 pages of threads from the past week or so. Lol

Jadkins what a Newbie he is .

Leiver
04-03-2011, 02:59 PM
It's a pain isn't it :(

A couple of weeks ago I was farming meathead in the deli, was only killing meathead and remaking, no other mobs, then some level 5 joined me and I ended up killing all the mobs on the deli for him, then he kept wanting to do it again and again. Took ages to get him to understand that I really didn't want to kill all the mobs every time...

giayuan
04-03-2011, 03:08 PM
yeah.. its almost like people are takin advantage of you.. hey range, can i borrow 1mill :D

LADYHADASSA
04-03-2011, 03:21 PM
I have to agree with your assessment, it seems when you are a giver in this game some try hard to take advantage, my favorite is when im farming and get spam invited with help me NOW!!!

Sigh i have many on my ignore list from spam healing and excessive can i have itis... What bothers me most is most of these players i have given 50-100k gear, killed bosses, helped with pots ect.....

Ignore is great gives you some peace :) and does not inhibit the giving spirit

Otukura
04-03-2011, 03:32 PM
I have something to ask.... but now might not be the best time. ;-)

Going to try someone else first.

red
04-03-2011, 03:37 PM
i have people ask me for money alot and yesterday i understood why, i had spent all of my money on multiple sets for my bear. and i didn't realize how hard this game is without the occasional pot. but my solution to this was the 50k i kept in my stash, i didn't have to ask anyone for money and so, Christmas was saved:)

Coltona
04-03-2011, 08:35 PM
I have to agree with your assessment, it seems when you are a giver in this game some try hard to take advantage, my favorite is when im farming and get spam invited with help me NOW!!!

Sigh i have many on my ignore list from spam healing and excessive can i have itis... What bothers me most is most of these players i have given 50-100k gear, killed bosses, helped with pots ect.....

Ignore is great gives you some peace :) and does not inhibit the giving spirit

Lol I think my bears on your ignore list. I remember when the Vyx helm first came out and you and justbrutal farmed it like crazy (brutal gave you a full rift set to farm with back when it was 500k for just the helm and armor) and i joined since i was friends with both of you guys. I'm still friends with brutal, but when i joined you guys i think i begged too much for items or money since i was still pretty noobish and kinda jealous he gave you the set. Add me now i'm all growed up and done with the begging? Lol good times good times

skavenger216
04-03-2011, 11:11 PM
Oddly enough, I don't get too many beggars, and I give stuff away all the time. Just earlier today I gave a lvl33 bear about 10 pinks ranging from lvl 30 to 50, cause I noticed his gear kinda...... well...... sucked :D. I guess I do stuff like that because ppl did the same to me when I first started, that's one of the things that made me fall in love with this game.

I do, however, get a ridiculous amount of invites spammed to me, especially on my bear, to the point where I can't even play because of the constant text sitting in my view. This game really needs an option to only have invites show up in the chat window, where they would not be anywhere near as obstructive.

Ladylove
04-03-2011, 11:13 PM
I don't understand why people think I am rich... people beg from me all the time.

giayuan
04-04-2011, 12:27 AM
I don't understand why people think I am rich... people beg from me all the time.

cuz your ladylove!! what other explanation??? ;D

Riccits
04-04-2011, 01:13 AM

same here...