PDA

View Full Version : For those Rogues who use Ghoulish blades

Zestee
05-07-2015, 06:24 PM
For those Rogues who use Ghoulish blades, what do you do when you're fighting a one-hit boss, and you need to distance fight to keep from being killed? Do you keep your ghoulish blades, just using aimed and nox, or do you switch to an inferior bow like expedition recurve?

This is assuming you don't have wicked high health to keep you alive while up close fighting, and also assuming you don't have a frost or elon bow tucked in your back pocket ;)

Jazzi
05-07-2015, 06:40 PM
I did use ghoulish for some time, then switched to frost bow, then to elon bow, then back to ghoulish (this time I used them over a month) and am back on elon bow now.

It is really up to you what you do. If you feel like risking getting one hit use piercer instead of normal attack (it will net you way more effective damage than auto attacks). If not just use aimed and nox during the boss fight. You will still effectively do more damage than if you would switch to a expedition bow and will have the benefits of the added health, crit chance and sometimes the amazing proc.

I hope this helps :-)

Zestee
05-07-2015, 08:42 PM
I did use ghoulish for some time, then switched to frost bow, then to elon bow, then back to ghoulish (this time I used them over a month) and am back on elon bow now.

It is really up to you what you do. If you feel like risking getting one hit use piercer instead of normal attack (it will net you way more effective damage than auto attacks). If not just use aimed and nox during the boss fight. You will still effectively do more damage than if you would switch to a expedition bow and will have the benefits of the added health, crit chance and sometimes the amazing proc.

I hope this helps :-)

Thanks :) So for a boss fight, would you say your bow is significantly more useful than ghoulish? I sometimes feel a bit useless that I can't fire more shots at the boss with aimed/nox, too slow to re-charge.

morgy84
05-08-2015, 01:32 AM
Yup thats a lil problem, but if you use ghoulish dont forget to proc with auto attack, sometime i switch to expe bow yea but ghoulish have
some really nice pros (life crits and proc)

Wazakesy
05-08-2015, 05:53 AM
keep spamming those daggers auto attacks when your combo is on CD. the shield should reduce some damage and kinda prevent some one hits. Not sure, but you can survive enough.

Jazzi
05-08-2015, 08:24 AM
Thanks :) So for a boss fight, would you say your bow is significantly more useful than ghoulish? I sometimes feel a bit useless that I can't fire more shots at the boss with aimed/nox, too slow to re-charge.

I would not say significantly. Both mythic bows do more damage, but with the daggers' proc it is about the same. Further you have the added health and crit. It is more of a trade off :) And do not feel useless when not shooting for a second. As others suggested spam the normal attack and hope for the proc. Normally you have time for only two auto attacks before aimed and nox are ready again.

Zestee
05-09-2015, 05:52 AM
Thanks guys, I hadn't thought about auto for the proc benefits... Seems so obvious now ;) I'll get stuck in a bit more with the daggers close up and see how it goes.

Dex Scene
05-13-2015, 02:09 PM
Unless its spider or mushoom, I kind of stick to boss and spam chargeed and uncharged autos.

When I need distance, I just use aim and nox.
But I spam autos too in between to get the proc! ;)

Ghoulish has a nice proc. I like it.