PDA

View Full Version : What inspired you to come up with your in-game name(s)?

Zylx
05-07-2015, 11:45 PM
I came up with Zylx with just two seconds of thought. I went through the ABC's, picked out xyz, flipped it around to Zyx and then went through the alphabet to find another letter. Zyrx? No. Zypx? Nope. Zylx? Aha!

When I first started playing, I wanted a fiery, powerful sounding name for my mage, so i went with incendius. Deleted it long ago.

After incendius, I wanted to make a warrior with a greek sounding name. I wanted leonitus but it was taken. So I searched greek words and came across something that had the prefix kreo in it, so I made Kreonitus. No longer have that name either.

I have Stitches, Title, and Titanic because they are pretty cool names lol. I also used to have Stitch and Entitled, but now they're gone forever! :/

I also have Odd, I got it from a friend. I think its a really cool name.

I have a mercher named Merchantlord, because I kept losing track of where I was selling my stuff, so I decided to put it on a merchant lord. I realized it was too much of a hassle so I stopped using it.

Wazakesy
05-07-2015, 11:54 PM
Same story, i wanted Xqz. then i just xqaz...xqez..xqwz...AHA!

Visiting
05-07-2015, 11:59 PM
Originally got Visting due to the -ing ending (lol), later grew to love it and all the puns that players PM me in game XD
As for Inotrich, I took it because it's just ironic to see a top geared rogue running around saying they're not rich, or at least in my opinion :)

ColdMints
05-08-2015, 12:11 AM
Well...i want like a killer archer..but my class is rogue,was thinking about anarchy..archman..arch..and i want my name is also at the top (like in guild...the ign is arranged in alphabetically) so I thought Double A is better..and came with the end with crane,kane,chrane,chain (lol -_-) to chane = AARCHANE and it was born :3

Thats all xD

Arvaen
05-08-2015, 12:16 AM
Asdfgh (taken) - > Ardfgh -> Arvfgh -> Arvagh -> Arvaen

Dex Scene
05-08-2015, 12:58 AM
I always say One run!!
-Hey wanna run this? That?
-No sorry busy at auction!
-You always say that!
-okay one run!!

My other ign like umadblo! I use it sometimes to say U mad blo?

My first ign is Ashleyhunter.
Well my first true love used to known as this name (won't say real name). she used this nick ashleyhunter in every where from social sites to recording music production streams!

Thats it!

Pie
05-08-2015, 01:08 AM
When I made it to Ydra and looked at categories in Auction House. I checked to see if any of them were still available :D
Got Vanity like 4 days after release

ClumsyCactus
05-08-2015, 01:13 AM
I WAS jinathedemo because of several things, but now i have chatting, and well... Thats all i do so i like that name lol

Hail
05-08-2015, 01:34 AM
Hail - sort of opposing my best friend in game Heat xD ... in a #twinning sort of way
Goldable - 10m Gold vanity
recently got Cuterest... we all know why that is :3

Alhuntrazeck
05-08-2015, 01:40 AM
My IGNs:

Alhuntrazeck (original): When I first joined the game I picked mage because of the description which sounded so cool (master of the elements & stuff), so I wanted an arcane sounding name. My last name IRL is Hunt, Al is AL (Arcane Legends), and the rest was born of my key-mashing skills.

Acrobotics: My second toon, a warr. I combined Acrobatics and robotics ;)

Alhuntyoudown: Third endgame toon, it was originally a twink, hence the slightly offensive name which sounded good then at the twink levels but gets me picked on a lot at endgame, LOL! A friend of mine in AF chose the name for me. (Alhuntyoudown, I'll hunt you down, get it?)

Those are my main 3 chars, I also have lots others, some I made simply for no apparent reason other than to hold on to names I thought were good then. I also have another rogue Alhuntrazekk which I created as an attempt to create an OP character when mages were weakest ;) unfortunately it is still L17, lol!

Some of the names I own: Interrogation, L15 timed runner who never runs timed runs, I made it hoping that someone would invite me and lend me gear :D; Kindled, Abducting (to play along with a friend, Abducted), Incombustible, Abhorred, Wailing, Foldable, Reminding, Unassuming, Absorbant, Scorchtape (ripped off Cero's Scotchtape), Alhuntstash, Alstash, Alhunstash (LOL)

Trikzy
05-08-2015, 01:43 AM
I originally wanted to have a name that comes from ancient greek gods or something like that and all the good names were taken and then suddenly this name popped into my mind.......Daemonshow
Alright, great, yeah, this looks awesome in many ways

merch_master
05-08-2015, 01:51 AM
I'd started playing the game just after reading inheritance cycle ( fantasy novel series) and all the elves in the book had archaic names delather, uruthael, etc.
So, i made one of my own, and hence
my IGN - Daethr

Zylx
05-08-2015, 02:09 AM
I'd started playing the game just after reading inheritance cycle ( fantasy novel series) and all the elves in the book had archaic names delather, uruthael, etc.
So, i made one of my own, and hence
my IGN - Daethr

I really love the combination ae. I think its exotic and it looks pretty cool because it looks like a yin and yang.

Arachnophobik
05-08-2015, 02:17 AM
Big spiders gimme the creeps. But Arachnophobic sounds lame. So i decided to pay tribute to my name "Kyle" and also to my fave band "Korn" so i also changed the "c" into a "k". As for my other igns, Thelmpaler cuz i thought the dracula movie was cool lol, Frustrate, formality, epitomize and conform are just names i thought sounded cool ao i took em :/

Magegrimm
05-08-2015, 02:23 AM
Big spiders gimme the creeps. But Arachnophobic sounds lame. So i decided to pay tribute to my name "Kyle" and also to my fave band "Korn" so i also changed the "c" into a "k". As for my other igns, Thelmpaler cuz i thought the dracula movie was cool lol, Frustrate, formality, epitomize and conform are just names i thought sounded cool ao i took em :/
Interesting.... ;)

Squeezable
05-08-2015, 02:49 AM
I wanted to be creative with my names despite most of the creative names being gone, I also wanted them all to be coherent. So I came up with the chalk Idea, names in sig.

I actually really like my names!

Surajit Babai Yo
05-08-2015, 03:28 AM
IGN - Surajit
It's my real name lol, am I the only one who likes to play with his actual name!

Onepiedead
05-08-2015, 03:48 AM
Inspiration: Onestrikedead

nicflamel
05-08-2015, 03:59 AM
Originally got Visting due to the -ing ending (lol), later grew to love it and all the puns that players PM me in game XD
As for Inotrich, I took it because it's just ironic to see a top geared rogue running around saying they're not rich, or at least in my opinion :)

What about Ralchor and Ralpal!!!!???

supersyan
05-08-2015, 04:07 AM
IGN: Supersyan
Inspiration : Supersaiyan

Powergear546
05-08-2015, 04:13 AM
Since numbers cannot be added as IGN in AL,i gave up this name and started looking a name.
After lot of search i couldn't find a good name so pressed random button,almost after 100 tries i got a perfect name for my warrior i.e. Greanileto.

As for my mage,when my neighbor visited with their 2 year baby,he was actually very smart and before answering anything he always rolled either in bed or floor so i took a note on his movements and used the word roll.
just before their visit i was playing Al with my warr. and the people in the kraag were saying lol several time and trolling each other so i combined loltroll.
And using roll in the combined word i formed ROLLLOLTROLL for my mage,sounds confusing isn't it!

And last but not least for my rogue,i created it's name at the time of Halloween,when a boy visited our house he wore a dress which was creepy and disgusting,my sister said to that boy "are u crazy" from that combination i formed a name for my rogue i.e. Crazycreepers

bedmaster
05-08-2015, 04:29 AM
Bedmaster as warr cuz i always play on my bed... after i knew warrs arent that great my friend gave me a rogue, plaviskz... he was retiring so i made it a main char and made a lv10 twink idiotism, that name was a hit, 2 of my lv10 twink friends made idiotix and idiotismll but if they ask my main's name ppl usually say plav is idiot which sounds wrong... and i got,exeldor,johanxpvp from my retiring friends too. Gave johanxpvp to a friend

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah282/chandra7plav/Mobile%20Uploads/PicsArt_1428811885348_zpsxpktgrgj.jpg (http://s1383.photobucket.com/user/chandra7plav/media/Mobile%20Uploads/PicsArt_1428811885348_zpsxpktgrgj.jpg.html)

Kyle Holmes
05-08-2015, 07:47 AM
My warrior is donkyle, I'm noob with making names and used that in first ever mmorpg I played, in that game on team chat thing they pronounced it donkey Lee hahhaa. My rogue is called kyleholmes...... Well that's my name so.....
My mage is banishedmagic got this from the guild I'm in and a mage produces magic so thought it would fit.

sent from fritters beak

Candylicks
05-08-2015, 08:27 AM
Because I like Candy! <3

Greatankush
05-08-2015, 08:27 AM
My story--
I simply new I was great so I chose this name.

Cursebaby
05-08-2015, 08:56 AM
Carried.
Why i chose it? Because I felt like it <3

Maunyabastian
05-08-2015, 09:20 AM
Wow, Zylx. Stitches, Title, Titanic, all those names with those 3 letters were unavailable to be used. How could you get them? I tried Titanic back 2 years ago, it's forbidden!

And for my IGN: Maunyabastian. My IRL name is Bastian. I want that IGN, but I can't afford it so I make it "Maunyabastian" - Maunya means 'I actually want' in English. So, my IGN literally means I want that Bastian IGN!

ColdMints
05-08-2015, 09:22 AM
Because I like Candy! <3

And you LICK and KISS and EAT xD

Alhuntrazeck
05-08-2015, 09:29 AM
Because I like Candy! <3

Surprised no one has called you (at least on the forums) eye candy ;)

Dalmony
05-08-2015, 10:39 AM
Dalmony was a name I invented playing the Sims as a kid probably like 20 years ago! There were Sim twins and I named one of them Harmony and needed a matching name... looking for inspiration and it came in the form of the family pet dalmatian so I had twins named Harmony and Dalmony. Always liked the name every I've use it pretty often as an IGN since then ^_^

My mage is called Conjuress for obvious reasons, and my tank is called Fifteenth where I started at First and went though until I got to the first available ordinal number :D

Jhawkeye
05-08-2015, 10:53 AM
Well the origin of jhawk begins in PL. It was 2010 and I had never played a mobile mmo before. My first character was a hawk. Hawkeye is a great character. My first name begins with a J. There was the birth of jhawkeye.

My first AL character's name was Jhawkrulez. Everyone calls me Jhawk so I dropped the eye and replaced it with rulez because I do. Then followed Lamborghin because that name is awesome. I also made jetthawk because that was my favorite sonic character. And some extras I have are potions and price. Idk what to do with those names

Iahwahska
05-08-2015, 10:59 AM
Captaintrippz is a reference to Stephen King's the Stand, Bigbubbarock is an obscure movie reference and Iahwahska is an internationaly misspelled reference to a powerful halulucinagen.

rkp71
05-08-2015, 11:12 AM
Theurgist, a practitioner of Theurgy.

theurgy
[thee-ur-jee]
Spell Syllables
Word Origin
noun, plural theurgies.
a system of beneficent magic practiced by the Egyptian Platonists and others.
the working of a divine or supernatural agency in human affairs.

Good name for a mage I figured.

Zylx
05-08-2015, 11:56 AM
Wow, Zylx. Stitches, Title, Titanic, all those names with those 3 letters were unavailable to be used. How could you get them? I tried Titanic back 2 years ago, it's forbidden!

You used to be able to email support and request them to change your name to these kinds of names. They're the only ones that can get past the chat filter! Haha. Sadly, people abused this (got the names and tried selling them), so they stopped doing it :/

Imsofancy
05-08-2015, 02:24 PM
Ihateppl. nuf said.

Visiting
05-08-2015, 02:39 PM
What about Ralchor and Ralpal!!!!???

Errm, for Ralchior, it was actually based off of the name Malchior (because it sounded cool but was taken .-.), so I just looked at all the other letters that I could put with -alchior, and found that Ralchior sounded the best :)
As for Ralpal/Ralbeast/And other Ral- names, they were just a spinoff of Ralchior :)

Covert
05-08-2015, 02:42 PM
I smash face on keyboard

Excuses
05-08-2015, 02:49 PM
First Mstjj meant Master J which is how people call me in real life(I'm a martial arts instructor).

Ehlover meant lover of EH which is my wife's initial. (My wife has a toon named Sylover. And SY is my initial of first name.)

And I made Excuses for those who have too many excuses while I play twink. You all know the drama of twinks.

Overweightank
05-08-2015, 02:49 PM
Overweightank ; I loved this Name due to all the attention I got from people and friends. It was fun being called chubby and fat :3 Then I changed the name because I wanted to have a cooler name for PvP and Overweightank was misleading since I'm not actually.. anyways!

(Chose it because when I first played AL I realized how fat the Warriors are... small legs, gigantic torso; Overweightank)

My new name is Preseason. given to me by a dear friend :P I loved it a lot and I thought it was awesome :3

Cohmedy
05-08-2015, 04:24 PM
there's a Instagram account called Cohmedy and then I saw if it was used and it wasn't so yeah
and for my alt I like lambos and bugatti's so I made Lambogatti

asuck35
05-09-2015, 12:16 AM
My ign is Piranashark
My inspiration for my name was the movie "PiranhaShark" but I first tried "Sharknado" when I first started (season 3)

poop is life

SacredKnight
05-09-2015, 01:00 AM
When I first played AL I was a guest, so when I made my account I saw all these really cool holy knight armours. Thus I called myself Sacredknight, didn't even think about single word names even though I probably could have gotten a few back then...

Greatankush
05-09-2015, 05:33 AM
Since numbers cannot be added as IGN in AL,i gave up this name and started looking a name.
After lot of search i couldn't find a good name so pressed random button,almost after 100 tries i got a perfect name for my warrior i.e. Greanileto.

As for my mage,when my neighbor visited with their 2 year baby,he was actually very smart and before answering anything he always rolled either in bed or floor so i took a note on his movements and used the word roll.
just before their visit i was playing Al with my warr. and the people in the kraag were saying lol several time and trolling each other so i combined loltroll.
And using roll in the combined word i formed ROLLLOLTROLL for my mage,sounds confusing isn't it!

And last but not least for my rogue,i created it's name at the time of Halloween,when a boy visited our house he wore a dress which was creepy and disgusting,my sister said to that boy "are u crazy" from that combination i formed a name for my rogue i.e. Crazycreepers
Hey grean!u remember me right?

Newcomx
05-09-2015, 06:04 AM
Newcom for my main short for Newcomer as this IGN taken, added x for Sorcerer, y for Rogue, and z for Warrior in the last word so it can be easy to remember.

I also use in my alt Ultranoobx, Kripix (Chips in Indonesian), Martabax (Pancake in Indonesian).

Powergear546
05-09-2015, 07:33 AM
Hey grean!u remember me right?

Yup i remember u

vawaid
05-09-2015, 08:03 AM
Ahmadvawaid is my real name. I dont want to be other person ingame, I just want to be myself with my peraonality without pretending.

different story from my mage, dukunencuk. My tribe natural behavior (javanesse) is to do something funny. So it means jerk witch haha. I met other player with name that means dancing d*ck. We just want to make something stupid. lol.

sent by a nab using tapasucks

Maunyabastian
05-09-2015, 08:49 AM
You used to be able to email support and request them to change your name to these kinds of names. They're the only ones that can get past the chat filter! Haha. Sadly, people abused this (got the names and tried selling them), so they stopped doing it :/

Ahh, that is just so unfair. For a 2-month player, I would never had noticed it.
Lucky you I was so stupid about these 1-word English names. Nicely done, STS.

Ssneakykills
05-09-2015, 09:55 AM
I'd do anything for my real name in game

xbadulaserosx
05-09-2015, 09:59 AM
I name my character badulaseros because I dont know what name I will come up to, just a random though,

I didnt know that the name "badulaseros" is a surname in spanish countries and in south americas.

So time to time I receive spanish pm's or brazilian messages saying "ola" lmao.

Fiasaria
05-09-2015, 11:32 AM
i try all the mithologicals gods names and all has been choose before so i click ramdom name XD

nevercan
05-10-2015, 05:15 AM
I'd do anything for my real name in game
Like what?????

Wutzgood
05-10-2015, 10:12 AM
I'm wutzgood because I'm wutz good.

Been using that name since the first socom on ps1.

Bm4_le60
05-10-2015, 11:18 AM
Not really sure lol