PDA

View Full Version : Planning For The Future (Bow Bear or Int Mage?)

Candles
04-03-2011, 03:53 PM
So, what I have right now is a level 31 Int Mage and a level 17 Bow Bear. I have a lot of fun playing both characters, but I would like to make one my "main" i.e. it would be the one I play more. My question is, although the bow bear is shredding through enemies right now (I've killed 1205 and died 0) does it slow down in effectiveness in the later levels? I don't want to use the word nerfed but that's the closest synonym I can think of.
My playing style is that I'm usually the leader of the group. This has worked well on both my characters so far, my Mage can handle a lot of aggro in the swamps and my bear flings enemies around with stomp and then mows them down from a distance. I honestly prefer the bow bear a little more, and would use that as my main, but I don't want to end up having to respec to melee gear later (it just wouldn't fit my play style). Opinions are welcomed, especially from level 50+ bow bears. :)

DawnInfinity
04-03-2011, 04:13 PM
Honestly, I'd go for the int mage. That is what my main character is right now. Although bow bears are slightly effective, int mages are just aoe machines. I have no problem being the leader of the group, shamelessly charging ahead. I've played a bow bear before in the lower levels and it was fun, yet more challenging as I got higher. For the time being and possible future, I would go for the mage. :)

giayuan
04-03-2011, 04:22 PM
Go for the int mage. Yeah i know, bow bears are just pure awesome, in fact one of my lvl19 twinks is a bow bear LOL. But as you go up in levels, intmage will be more effective.

Ellyidol
04-04-2011, 12:57 AM
Have to agree, the int mage is a more "main" type of character.

But personally, I love my bow bear more than any of the characters. :)

It's definitely more costly if you want to shine in games (damage pot and normal pots), but it can definitely hold its own.

I can pretty much solo any BS map up to the bosses within 1 damage pot, if done correctly - not very practical, but doable ;)