PDA

View Full Version : The new gens....

Jespo
04-03-2011, 05:23 PM
It is starting to bother me a bit that i really cant do anything in game without being called a noob.. Ive had thoughts of quitting because i really hate dealing with it. In PvE i dont have much problems, but PvP.... My bird was a warbird as some know. TBH it would rape anything on a good day. People would call me a noob and say im only good because of my set. I think im good because i worked hard for the set so dont hate on it and if you dont like losing so much then just simply leave right? I would be called a noob for running while waiting for my skills to cool down or i would be called a noob while waiting for my regen.. How am i a noob? If i have all that regen why else would it be there? To show it off? I kept getting flamed for my fury set soo i changed back to pure and went on with a drainers set. BAM! I start getting trolled for the drainers set and people would tell me to get a "real" set. Again why else would those equips be there? Just to liquidate them when you loot them? I got rid of that and switched to a raid set to avoid getting any more crap from the newer people. I start "hugging trees" to avoid getting killed and i get called a noob for that? How am i a noob for that? Im sure the devs put those there so the community could realize you could hide behind them in PvP.. Otherwise im thinking they would have made them "hollow" so you can walk through them just like most things in town. Im sure they arent there to look pretty so it must be for i dont know maybe hiding behind. All of these people calling me a noob just make me feel like quitting. Im sure they dont know as much about the game as someone who has been around for as long as i have.. My forum join date is FAR from the date i joined the game. I dont know how much more of this i can take because one thing i love is PvP. Im about to start hosting my own games and just start booting people that call me a noob. Im thinking it will get me trolled more but IDGAF ^^ I am also about to start deleting people that i dont know off of my friends list because the beggars are starting to get to me to. So if i accidently delete you im sorry and please dont take it offensive and im only talking about the people i really talk to. Might be quitting soon if this doesnt stop...

-Jesus

Arterra
04-03-2011, 05:28 PM
-end rage-

yup. no real way to denoobify them...

how about in qwikchat slots

1) trees exist for a reason nub
2) called tactics, noob. get some!
3) if you lost to drainers, you the noob!
4) haters gonna hate mad skills. vs?

Jespo
04-03-2011, 05:41 PM
-end rage-

yup. no real way to denoobify them...

Hmm the quickchat idea seems good but im not really one to talk crap back and forth with a person.
Worth a try though

Conradin
04-03-2011, 05:59 PM
Lol everytime i pvp i get called a noob. Jut today i got 7 kills in a row- before a barrels blew me up. The whole time i wad called a noob. Why i ask? The reply: you blew yourself up with a barrel when you had low life. So i couldnt kill you.

Anyways i pray that sts will put in a only friends chat, ad no chat setting.

Junside
04-03-2011, 06:01 PM
They should boost your ego. I find it amusing when people call out stuff like that for the most irrelevant reasons. Just ignore them and laugh.

Xymorg
04-03-2011, 06:20 PM
C'mon Jespo, pull it together, man!

Pvp trash-talk is designed to make you react like this so to win this aspect of the game you must become untrollable. Keep doing what you do & let the hater's tears of rage be like sweet, sweet nectar to you. :o

Physiologic
04-03-2011, 06:21 PM
The immaturity level in PvP is astounding, don't let it get to you. Or just don't play PvP. If I wanted to battle crybabies and whiners I would go fight babies at a nursery.

Junside
04-03-2011, 06:31 PM
The immaturity level in PvP is astounding, don't let it get to you. Or just don't play PvP. If I wanted to battle crybabies and whiners I would go fight babies at a nursery.

I like that inference lol

Wushu
04-03-2011, 06:32 PM
Honestly, the best way to handle people who need to trash talk or call you names is silence. Let your playing (and winning) do the talking for you. This works for other (real-life sports) pickup games as well (basketball, soccer, sparring, whatever...).

Xymorg
04-03-2011, 06:34 PM

Wow Physiologic, usually you just go with "This is why I don't PvP". More colorful here, but point made. I actually have had fun in 3v3 CTF with all friends. Long, hard fought battles that have both long view & tactical strategy are fun in any arena. I see what it could be, but agree that it's only as fun as the least fun player involved which I think is one of the points you and Jespo are making here.

Although this could be a pretty fun meme for sts forum in the form of:

In regards to current pvp, if I wanted to x I would y.

Ahem:

In regards to current pvp, if I wanted to hear b-hurt squealing, I would've netflix'd Deliverance.

red
04-03-2011, 06:48 PM
its really all about maturity, if you are playing with a 9 year old, chances are you will have more problems vs an older person. of course it can be the other way around too

Otukura
04-03-2011, 07:12 PM
In an old game, we were always called hackers, aimbotters, OPKers, chammers, etc.

We all took them as compliments, if people weren't QQing, you weren't doing good enough.

Yvonnel
04-03-2011, 07:16 PM
Hang in there Jespo. I have been thinking about getting into some pvp lately. I'll invite you so that you can stomp me into the ground without recrimination.

Just ask Xymorg. I can't seem to stay alive lately.

Moogerfooger
04-03-2011, 07:27 PM
In regards to current pvp, if I wanted to hear b-hurt squealing, I would've netflix'd Deliverance.

I almost just spit out my drink, lol. Win.

Kalielle
04-03-2011, 08:01 PM

I love it!!

I've seen this a lot lately in pvp, that someone on the losing side will start telling the winning side how they're all noobs. Don't understand how they can't see how ridiculous that is.

Kingofhurtz
04-03-2011, 08:27 PM
Very odd. I never get this. Maybe it's cuz I'm actually a noob?
Anyways, if you retaliate and get mad you're doing what they want. So I also like the idea of silence or maybe a few laughter emotes here and there.

Ellyidol
04-03-2011, 08:33 PM
Wow Jes, the few games I've played with you, you are FAR from a noob.

I've gotten the same too, my bear kiting to regen and timing beckon to get 2 birds with 1 stone. Combo, and both die. They're the noobs really for chasing and just giving me what I want. Lol

Trust me, you and Jun are the only decent warbirds I've seen in pvp - granted I don't pvp a lot, but I remember a name worth remembering :)

Coltona
04-03-2011, 08:57 PM
Hmm the quickchat idea seems good but im not really one to talk crap back and forth with a person.
Worth a try though

Dude i've flamed people so bad I had to log out to calm down while they deleted me and put me on ignore, even though they started the argument.
When my archer was level 14 this guy called me a leech for joining an ao1 game someone else hosted (even though i could solo the map, it would take awhile but i did it once and got a nice pink). I told him I could hold my own, but he started cussing me out so i challenged him to pvp with his level 44 against my level 50. Then he tried to flame me about having a level 50 in a low level place and that i was lying about having one. So i showed him up with my bear and challenged him to pvp and he acted like he didn't know what i was talking about. OOOOOHHHHHHH i wish i knew his name so i could finally get my pvp with him! lol (guess i hold a grudge) Anyways i flamed him for a good 10 mins using words never before heard by man, in the end i realized no one wins in a fight, except me. lol

Conradin
04-03-2011, 10:38 PM
Theres two approaches that you can take, i recomend the first one.

Either be silient, or say very little. Ex. "him: you a noob cheater. "you: if you say so :p" then done.

Or the i dont recomend because you can get banned.

Outflame the kid, this can sometimes be a real blast after a frustrating day. Ive chilled with TT alot in pvp, and dayum that guy outflames dudes right and left.

Jespo
04-03-2011, 11:12 PM
Yea i was called a noob earlier by a lv52 bear that was just getting raped by me and another bird. I just kept saying yes, yes i am and stuff like that. Eventually he left but because of the rape.

and btw it wasnt me and the bird alone against him lol he had some team members.

Aza
04-04-2011, 12:55 AM
Jespo, you noob!

(someone had to do it...)

MoarPewPew
04-04-2011, 07:19 AM
Jespo can you please quit PL so you will be on call of duty more? :D

Hayabusaz
04-04-2011, 07:38 AM
If you quit , I quit .

davidis57
04-04-2011, 08:48 AM
I don't pvp but that attitude is usually what you will find. People don't like to lose so their immaturity comes out.

BeardedBear
04-04-2011, 08:58 AM
I think what it comes down to is people don't like losing. Too many morons are running around killing talentless players and when a challenge is there for them, they leave the PVP game, or insult the person for beating them.

Anyway, don't let it get to you. Don't respond to them, or flame them so hard, they leave.

I like saying "Hey man, I'm not sure if you noticed, but you are dead."

neko
04-04-2011, 09:17 AM
its really all about maturity, if you are playing with a 9 year old, chances are you will have more problems vs an older person. of course it can be the other way around too

Cool sig, Britmito!

StompArtist
04-04-2011, 10:06 AM

Careful some of these babies know Karate!

BeardedBear
04-04-2011, 10:48 AM
Careful some of these babies know Karate!

I'm a bwack bwelt in kwarate!