PDA

View Full Version : Got me Some New Metal!

Junside
04-03-2011, 07:52 PM
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l114/fantomz06/IMG_20110403_200116.jpg

For the necklace, I asked the vendor what it was, and he told me me it was some sort of Japanese trinity, having to do with power. I did my own research and it is indeed of Japanese origin. It's a Tamoe insignia originating from Shinto era. I just chose it because it caught my eye, but I figured if anyone asked about it, I should know or at least have an interesting story behind it. :) My old one, (a bead necklace from my Jamaican ex gf), I won't wear anymore.

The zippo, was like $59.00 but I made him sell it to me for $45.00. Haggling I learned from one of my ex gfs. They're like natural sale hunters, them women. The words "clearance" and "sale" are so appealing, they don't care what it is. If it shows somewhat sentimental value and it doesn't appear pricey, they want it. Sooner or later, your house fills up with a bunch of useless things lol

I got a spider one because, well, I love spiders. They're incredibly fascinating creatures. I used to fear them because they looked grotesque but one day I saw one crawling across my desk and I put my hand in it's way. Figured, I am naturally more superior than it in many ways, there's nothing to fear. Now I love them. :D I'm also a big fan of Spider-Man, if anyone recognized that I have many drawings of him.

Off topic: I freakin hate mosquitoes.

RedRyder
04-03-2011, 08:03 PM
I'd look so badass lighting a cigarette with that lighter....

Junside
04-03-2011, 08:14 PM
I'd look so badass lighting a cigarette with that lighter....

Haha I just love that *ting* sound it makes when it lights. Also I don't bruise my thumb from striking the flint with a zippo. Did you know they're covered by a lifetime guarantee? I have two certificates of permanent warranty now. :D

RedRyder
04-03-2011, 08:22 PM
Haha I just love that *ting* sound it makes when it lights. Also I don't bruise my thumb from striking the flint with a zippo. Did you know they're coveredlifetimefetime guarantee? I have two certificates of permanent warranty now. :D

really? I'm gonna get one at the mall :D

xxteargodxx
04-03-2011, 08:24 PM
Both look wicked, I'm digging the necklace.

Junside
04-03-2011, 08:26 PM
really? I'm gonna get one at the mall :D

Well make sure it comes in an official box because the paper is in the lid. Not that your Zippo will ever break from regular care, but I think they will either repair it for you or send you a new one.

RedRyder
04-03-2011, 08:33 PM
Well make sure it comes in an official box because the paper is in the lid. Not that your Zippo will ever break from regular care, but I think they will either repair it for you or send you a new one.

Are they always around 60?

Junside
04-03-2011, 08:37 PM
Are they always around 60?

Nope, they can range from 20 bucks that will most likely have no design on it, and some rare ones of course are over thousands. Regularly, nice looking ones are around 30 to 60