PDA

View Full Version : Jumping Friends List

Plasticuproject
04-04-2011, 12:17 AM
Okay all, I don't know if there has already been a thread posted about this but I am utterly annoyed with this. I use an Android platform and have a good amount of friends on my Friends List (the more people around my level to play with the better IMO). My problem is when I'm trying to join a map, usually a rmk, sometimes my friends list jumps around so much that I end up joining the wrong group, and sometimes loose my spot in a loose PUG. Now I love the fact that it is live and I don't have to constantly hit a refresh button, so I am at a loss for constructive criticism here. Does anyone else find this a total annoyance? Do idevices have this same issue? Does anyone have any input on what devs could do about this if it is a global issue? Is it just me? I usually try and join groups from the Join screen, but sometimes that can be just as much of a hassle. Any thoughts?

Aza
04-04-2011, 12:36 AM
Sort the "game name" filter on the join game list to the name of the person remaking. Much faster and don't have to scroll through friend's list.

Just a suggestion. I have android and the player name disappears when making then reappears when in the new game. Don't know if that's a bug.

Ellyidol
04-04-2011, 12:39 AM
Okay all, I don't know if there has already been a thread posted about this but I am utterly annoyed with this. I use an Android platform and have a good amount of friends on my Friends List (the more people around my level to play with the better IMO). My problem is when I'm trying to join a map, usually a rmk, sometimes my friends list jumps around so much that I end up joining the wrong group, and sometimes loose my spot in a loose PUG. Now I love the fact that it is live and I don't have to constantly hit a refresh button, so I am at a loss for constructive criticism here. Does anyone else find this a total annoyance? Do idevices have this same issue? Does anyone have any input on what devs could do about this if it is a global issue? Is it just me? I usually try and join groups from the Join screen, but sometimes that can be just as much of a hassle. Any thoughts?

Same here. Fortunately for me, the host I usually join knows that the spot is taken, so he/she leaves it open or boots the spot open. My only suggestion would be to lock games, preventing a lot of random jump ins.

Sort the "game name" filter on the join game list to the name of the person remaking. Much faster and don't have to scroll through friend's list.

Just a suggestion. I have android and the player name disappears when making then reappears when in the new game. Don't know if that's a bug.

I think when you create/join a game, the moment your in that "Running knight" screen, you're technically "offline" - just a guess.

It's true though, the moment you create/join a game you go from on to offline for a second or so, depending how long it takes you to join/create that game. Which leads me to think that it's because of being in that "running knight" phase.

Plasticuproject
04-04-2011, 12:41 AM
Hmm....never though about putting the persons name in there. Lol I've just had "sewers" in there for a while now. Thanks! My issue was riiiiight as I was about to hit "Join" on the friends list, right after their name disappeared and then reappeared, riiiiight when my finger was approaching the glass......BAM!...list jumps, join wrong map.....

Aza
04-04-2011, 12:49 AM
I've done that too. Lost my spot too. Everyone's always joining forum peeps' games!

Kalielle
04-04-2011, 08:06 AM
Even worse is when one ends up messaging the wrong person because the friends list jumped around.

JaytB
04-04-2011, 08:19 AM
+1 annoying as h*ll

davidis57
04-04-2011, 08:41 AM
Yeah I have joined wrong games because of it. I had an invite just the other day I went to join the Guy logged. I ended up in a finished game.

LADYHADASSA
04-04-2011, 09:07 AM
This happens all the time the down side to a long friends list, i. General i wait a sec to let the list stablize then hit join, making sure the host knows your going to join helps alot as well, i personaly when i have been running with a team, boot incoming peeps and save the spot for the players I was running with, i just feel its good game strategy.

The locked games in update will help many, less booting of other players while ypu are running with a team.

drewcapu
04-04-2011, 11:43 AM
Ya, I stopped using the friends list to join games awhile back ago. Filtering from the join list is so much more accurate, as Aza points out.

What's worst is when you click a join button and it ends up being someone whose game is full and you end up at the character selection screen and end up having to enter again. LOL

Although there is a slight bit of lag from the join screen, it's not as bad as if the friend on your FL is "in between" pages and can end up disappearing to the previous or next page depending on what other friends above them on your list are doing at the time.