PDA

View Full Version : Sewer Hammer-- Skill Damage?

Nightarcher
04-04-2011, 01:53 AM
I've been using my bear again and I'm wondering, how's the sewer hammer's damage skill-wise?

Gemstone maces and Gurgox hammers have abysmal skill damage compared to a 1H gemstone sword, so is a sword my best option for a boss-killing damage set-up? (besides going all bowbear on him) Thanks :D

Ellyidol
04-04-2011, 02:01 AM
By abysmal you meant really bad right? :P Sorry didn't quite get the use. Heh.

But I think it's significantly lower than a Gemstone sword, especially since its a 2H.

Nightarcher
04-04-2011, 04:58 PM
Haha, I usually use abysmal in a "vastly/greatly low/poor" way. It's kinda what I think if when I hear the word, even though it can be used in other ways. ;)

Yeah, I'm surprised the skill damage for the heavy 2h weapons is so low. The auto-damage kinda makes up for it, but if you sacrifice armor, I think your skills should work better. That's the case with DEX and INT weapons. Why not STR?

Nightarcher
04-04-2011, 07:01 PM
Oh and another question, which has higher skill damage: Sewer or Gurgox Hammer?

Ellyidol
04-04-2011, 07:45 PM
I don't know why it doesn't work for STR :(

Gurgox has higher. There's really no point in using Sewer Hammer other than looks and small procs, or you want to be as tanky as possible with a 2H on.

Tengotengo
04-04-2011, 07:55 PM
dat Gurgox.

Nightarcher
04-04-2011, 08:39 PM
That's lame.

On my bear when I need more damage output I switch shield, helm & armor to Bellows and use a Rooter Sword. I get 45 crit and 181-188 damage unbuffed. The only reason I would ever need a 2h is for the stun. Do all hammers stun equally?

Ellyidol
04-05-2011, 04:43 AM
That's lame.

On my bear when I need more damage output I switch shield, helm & armor to Bellows and use a Rooter Sword. I get 45 crit and 181-188 damage unbuffed. The only reason I would ever need a 2h is for the stun. Do all hammers stun equally?

A bellow set or your set (maybe) may even have higher skill damage than with a G. Hammer. Not sure though, have to confirm.

I think they do stun equally, Royal Hammer just seems more often because it attacks faster, has frost too.

icantgetkills
04-05-2011, 05:48 PM
A bellow set or your set (maybe) may even have higher skill damage than with a G. Hammer. Not sure though, have to confirm.

I think they do stun equally, Royal Hammer just seems more often because it attacks faster, has frost too.

is it just me or do i only get my ice proc when in the sewers? i never get it outside of the sewers

Ellyidol
04-05-2011, 07:02 PM
is it just me or do i only get my ice proc when in the sewers? i never get it outside of the sewers

Our Hell Scream does for some reason. But the Royal Hammer has it no matter where, even in pvp :)