PDA

View Full Version : Are dual spec archers good??

UniitsHD
04-04-2011, 04:30 AM
I don't know are dual spec archers good with str and dex... Any help??

xuz
04-04-2011, 05:05 AM
Yes id said from past experiences they have there ups and downs.
If your being dex you have a good survivability rate with str
and with dex in a warbird you have better crit/damage

UniitsHD
04-04-2011, 05:36 AM
Thank you so much, it was just that sometimes I wish I was a str bird when I was a dex bird...

Arterra
04-04-2011, 06:39 AM
Not the same raw power as you have pure Dex, but worth the ability to survive.

Ladylove
04-04-2011, 06:42 AM
Warbirds are ubertanks. You can just go and go and go against them

Wushu
04-04-2011, 08:12 AM
I don't know are dual spec archers good with str and dex... Any help??

Don't forget -- it depends on how and what you want to play. For me, I like PvE and group play so I enjoy having a warbird. It allows me to either "tank" when going with Str loadout, or "DPS-lite" when I go with Dex loadout.

The way it works for me, this approach also gives me a greater range of options for wherever I want to farm. For example, I have the following different equipment setups:

Max Crit/Damage- RR Autobow Set
Solo Farming Plasma Period Set- Sewer King Set
Dex Defense- RR Talon+Shield Set
Str Attack Set- Fury+Rooters/Bellows
Str Defense Set- Fury+Henchman

It really comes down to how I feel when I get the chance to put in a run here or there.

Moogerfooger
04-04-2011, 09:11 AM
Warbirds are great for tanking, but a major drawback is that you lose quite a bit in skill damage when you pull Dex points and put them into Str...I was a mini-Warbird (about 90 in strength, just for a little more survivability, but not true dual spec like you guys are talking about) and when I switched to full dex, my skill damage jumped way up.

Just another thing to think about....my (humble) opinion is that birds are made to dish damage and kill bosses, not tank (at least in PvE, I am talking about). If I need a tank, I just go find a bear :D

I can definitely see the PvP advantage though :)

superglut2
04-04-2011, 11:58 AM
I use dual spec for my bird. Sent talon/shield. Just good for pve. Pvp dual spec u always die.

Moogerfooger
04-04-2011, 12:20 PM
I use dual spec for my bird. Sent talon/shield. Just good for pve. Pvp dual spec u always die.

Might be good, but the skill damage is way down from a pure dex bird. Fact.

StompArtist
04-04-2011, 12:24 PM
Might be good, but the skill damage is way down from a pure dex bird. Fact.

Yup. I went back to full dex on my bird. Much better survivability when they die from afar. :D

Duped
04-04-2011, 04:29 PM
Agreed with this notion, birds aren't tanks. :) Bears are, and pally's aren't bad either.

Arterra
04-04-2011, 04:59 PM
well yes they are not full blown tanks, but i would rather stay afloat and keep the boss' armor down that be sniped out.

Wushu
04-05-2011, 07:39 AM
Agreed with this notion, birds aren't tanks. :) Bears are, and pally's aren't bad either.

Well here's my take on Warbirds tanking -- they can do it fine but instead of spamming Mana potions as a Dex bird to keep up the damage, a Str bird needs to spam HP potions to keep up tanking. I can easily do roundups in BS Stronghold, but I need to use more HP potions than a bear or pally. I generally use a 5:1 ratio of HP potions to Mana potions when in my Str gear during roundups. On boss killing, I usually go with 1:5 ratio of HP potions to Mana potions in my Dex gear.

In general, on normal runs (including boss, but not miniboss) through BS with a decent party, I use no more than 4-5 HP potions and maybe 1 Mana potion while being on the frontline and spamming my skills as soon as cooldown is over.

Angarcher
04-06-2011, 06:44 AM
Personally i think pure dex is the best. You get a whole lot more power and dont have to fight up close

romgar1
04-06-2011, 08:36 AM
If u are lvl 55 or 56 warbirds with full fury are sick in pvp. Only the best dullest can beat them unless your skill is lacking. Dodge, dodge, dodge, 172, dodge dodge, 273, dodge, dodge, dodge, dodge...

TofuGuy
04-07-2011, 10:13 AM
If u are lvl 55 or 56 warbirds with full fury are sick in pvp. Only the best dullest can beat them unless your skill is lacking. Dodge, dodge, dodge, 172, dodge dodge, 273, dodge, dodge, dodge, dodge...

I love the fury set on my warbird, but its even better with minus the fury helm, and go with custom crown of persistance, ups your dex and hit and crit, loss in armor, h/s, and m/s is worth it. The key is have the lowest amount of strength possible to base stats on a warbird and build up your strength from low equipment to finally fury.