Corpser
04-04-2011, 04:32 AM
will people banned from pl be allowed in blackstar

UniitsHD
04-04-2011, 04:34 AM
Not sure...

Riccits
04-04-2011, 04:44 AM
banns are effective for all STS games....

Ellyidol
04-04-2011, 04:51 AM
Let me find a quote from G, I remember him saying so.

Link to full Terms of Service here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...rms-of-Service

We tell you the short version every time you log in:

Spacetime Studios wants Pocket Legends to be a fun, safe place for all players!

We ask that you abide by the following rules:

1) Keep all chat clean!
2) Do not ask for another player's account information! And don’t give anyone else your own!
3) Do not do anything that will ruin another user's play experience!

Violations of our Terms of Service can result in suspension of your account or a permanent ban.

Just be cool, and we'll be cool. However, if you are banned in one of our games, you will be banned in all of our games.

todoparamicelular
04-15-2011, 09:01 AM
I do understamd the terms and conditions. But now a days, rumors in PL world are really happening. I don't know what to believe. Really guys, I don't understand what can you gain when you plant the seed of fear. People have the entire right, to speak up. They can think as free individuals, always under a cordial manner. But they are so afraid of speaking, talking or comment. It all started because, of last update. Rumors can be more real than truth it self. I been talking to lots of plaayers, on public chat, I don't have nothing to hide. The answers are always in private mode. And when a player doesn't feel confortable, because of my thought I move on to another map. Its more fun, chatting, than playing. How can devs be so abtuse. Happpines has disappeared from PL world. PleAse don't take that from us.

The fear of being banned for life its too extreme, everyone can make mistakes, what about forgiveness? One second chance, like in life, you can always be better.

I cant imagine how hard must have been, the past days, GCD on the target, of infinite criticism. But, instead of fight it, please listen. Because, I don't care if I'm banned, money is just money, but the real thing about investments is to gain a profit. So... we are loosing our interest in something that it is unique, popular and a hit on the market.

Fear is all around, I'm more scared of being banned from game, than being killed by bosses. But I wont stop, talking and shout out my mind...

Incredible idea the game, you really nailed it. But remember the say: "the very good, sometimes is enemy of Good"

Thanks for listening

Yours,

Beautifuly

Ps. Please don't ban me from forum or game... yet

Ellyidol
04-15-2011, 09:01 AM
I do understamd the terms and conditions. But now a days, rumors in PL world are really happening. I don't know what to believe. Really guys, I don't understand what can you gain when you plant the seed of fear. People have the entire right, to speak up. They can think as free individuals, always under a cordial manner. But they are so afraid of speaking, talking or comment. It all started because, of last update. Rumors can be more real than truth it self. I been talking to lots of plaayers, on public chat, I don't have nothing to hide. The answers are always in private mode. And when a player doesn't feel confortable, because of my thought I move on to another map. Its more fun, chatting, than playing. How can devs be so abtuse. Happpines has disappeared from PL world. PleAse don't take that from us.

The fear of being banned for life its too extreme, everyone can make mistakes, what about forgiveness? One second chance, like in life, you can always be better.

I cant imagine how hard must have been, the past days, GCD on the target, of infinite criticism. But, instead of fight it, please listen. Because, I don't care if I'm banned, money is just money, but the real thing about investments is to gain a profit. So... we are loosing our interest in something that it is unique, popular and a hit on the market.

Fear is all around, I'm more scared of being banned from game, than being killed by bosses. But I wont stop, talking and shout out my mind...

Incredible idea the game, you really nailed it. But remember the say: "the very good, sometimes is enemy of Good"

Thanks for listening

Yours,

Beautifuly

Ps. Please don't ban me from forum or game... yet

Welcome to the forums!

They don't ban for no reason, that I can guarantee you.

You have to remember that this game is approved for children, hence their very strict policy and standards for behaviour.

Like G always says, be cool and they'll be cool :)

Justg
04-15-2011, 09:13 AM
Perma-bans run across all our games. Here is how we see it:

1) We moderate the game very closely to protect our players. Kids play our game, a lot. Someone mentioned Seven Swords earlier, and how you had to have a male character in that game because you would instantly be targeted with unwanted attention (ie sexy-chat). We stomp that out as soon as we hear of it. As well as all hate-speech, racial intolerance, scamming, and abuse of any sort.

2) We moderate the game very closely to protect ourselves. You guys have a DIRECT pipeline to the developers. We don't have moderators, we have devs, that play the game (and read the forums) all the time. Our heart and soul is here. So when a new (painful) change comes into the game, we need to know all about it, but we don't need to wade through a sea of hatred to get to the real issues. The community in online games like to pile on. If we let comments fly about how something "totally sucks" or is an "epic fail" or how we have "ruined" the game, more and more people gravitate towards that type of communication.

That is an unsustainable method of communication. We simply won't do it, because we are emotionally invested in this game as much as you. And we need to be here, side-by-side with the community, to make a truly epic game.

So we thrive on mutual respect, and level, analytical feedback. If you don't agree with what we are doing, fine. It is very valuable to know. Tell us how much longer something takes, or how it feels less powerful. But if you want to rage and scream and organize protests and encourage people to 1-star us, we would prefer you not play our game. We are people after all, and we need communication, not abuse, to make this game all it can be for everyone.

All that being said, we realize that some of you who have been banned may now understand more clearly what type of communication we need to thrive as a game. If you want to email us at support, and let us know that you understand what is expected moving forward, we'd love to listen.

- g

superss
04-15-2011, 09:22 AM

1) We moderate the game very closely to protect our players. Kids play our game, a lot. Someone mentioned Seven Swords earlier, and how you had to have a male character in that game because you would instantly be targeted with unwanted attention (ie sexy-chat). We stomp that out as soon as we hear of it. As well as all hate-speech, racial intolerance, scamming, and abuse of any sort.

2) We moderate the game very closely to protect ourselves. You guys have a DIRECT pipeline to the developers. We don't have moderators, we have devs, that play the game (and read the forums) all the time. Our heart and soul is here. So when a new (painful) change comes into the game, we need to know all about it, but we don't need to wade through a sea of hatred to get to the real issues. The community in online games like to pile on. If we let comments fly about how something "totally sucks" or is an "epic fail" or how we have "ruined" the game, more and more people gravitate towards that type of communication.

That is an unsustainable method of communication. We simply won't do it, because we are emotionally invested in this game as much as you. And we need to be here, side-by-side with the community, to make a truly epic game.

So we thrive on mutual respect, and level, analytical feedback. If you don't agree with what we are doing, fine. It is very valuable to know. Tell us how much longer something takes, or how it feels less powerful. But if you want to rage and scream and organize protests and encourage people to 1-star us, we would prefer you not play our game. We are people after all, and we need communication, not abuse, to make this game all it can be for everyone.

All that being said, we realize that some of you who have been banned may now understand more clearly what type of communication we need to thrive as a game. If you want to email us at support, and let us know that you understand what is expected moving forward, we'd love to listen.

- g

i agree and by the way, that was very well said!

ratava
04-15-2011, 10:10 AM

You guys have a DIRECT pipeline to the developers. We don't have moderators, we have devs, that play the game (and read the forums) all the time. Our heart and soul is here.

- g

This is a privilege for many MMOs! Thanks devs.

Zero tolerance/school of hard knocks is the way forward imo for infringing the terms and conditions.

I wonder if you could code in an Angel of Death (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fFYug8nXcM) to literally scythe PCs in game that break the t&c's?! :D

Snakespeare
04-15-2011, 11:03 AM
[edit... philosphical rambling deleted]

The devs want all feedback to be kept to the feedback thread for that release or patch. As people keep starting threads about their own personal feedback, the devs will keep locking them. Why do people think their own feedback is worthy of a special thread? Especially since, when combined with other similar opinions it has so much more force. Yet they continue to start threads like "My opinion of the current controversy". I don't get it. What is so hard about adding your comment to the official feedback, instead of fighting with the devs? What is so hard about saying what you think without having to be cruel to someone else? All you have to do is ask yourself, if someone said this to me, would I be inclined to listen, or would I want to fight? Clearly, if you want people to listen to you, you will post your ideas the first way, and edit out the stuff that will distract from your idea and just make people want to fight.

Duke
04-15-2011, 12:29 PM
I've made no bones about being critical of the recent changes, and I don't fear being banned over those criticisms, because I do it in the form of feedback, not whining and moaning. Just saying "this sucks" or threatening to ragequit doesn't accomplish anything. Saying that I don't like "X for Y reason(s), and maybe they should consider Z" is far more appropriate reaction, and is far more likely to get a reasonable response from the developers.

It's OK to be upset over the changes if you don't like them. Just channel that into a list of reasons why you are upset rather than lashing out or questioning motives.

red
04-15-2011, 01:01 PM
i understand banning completely, i really do. but what hacks me off is that someone said "wth"( i wont use an "F" instead of "H" because thats why he got banned in the first place for that ) and other abbreviations and got banned, but then you go to another game and they are throwing the f word around like its nothing. its also funny how this is to protect the younger audience of PL when cussing is usually a matter of maturity, and i have found that its the kids that cuss the most! one thing i have absolutely no problem with is the permabans for scamming. it takes a certain mindset to scam, so if you venture into that water just be prepared to get banned, fast. (i know 101% of people on forums dont scam either, just thought i would say it tho)

Physiologic
04-15-2011, 01:21 PM
i understand banning completely, i really do. but what hacks me off is that someone said "wth"( i wont use an "F" instead of "H" because thats why he got banned in the first place for that ) and other abbreviations and got banned,

Depends on which context you use WT*. If you're running around screaming it in towne so everyone can hear - and I've seen "WT* DEVS COOLDOWN SUX BOYCOTT PL!1" - then yes, their idiocy has gotten them banned. If you're running with a bunch of friends in Sewer games and you happen to wipe out at a boss and you go WT* then I highly doubt you'll be banned for that.

but then you go to another game and they are throwing the f word around like its nothing.

But PL is not "another" game...

its also funny how this is to protect the younger audience of PL when cussing is usually a matter of maturity, and i have found that its the kids that cuss the most!

Just because the majority of cussers in games are kids don't mean that all kids cuss or should be exposed to it. Can't make the assumption that all kids are resistant to cussing.

one thing i have absolutely no problem with is the permabans for scamming. it takes a certain mindset to scam, so if you venture into that water just be prepared to get banned, fast. (i know 101% of people on forums dont scam either, just thought i would say it tho)

I agree, scamming warrants a permaban. Once a scammer, always a scammer.

red
04-15-2011, 01:44 PM
But PL is not "another" game...

not another game completely, i was referring to a different game in PL itself, like some pvp games, ill be in CS and usually no one will even say "hell", go to a pvp or a hard pve game and its alot different

Snakespeare
04-15-2011, 02:29 PM
... its also funny how this is to protect the younger audience of PL when cussing is usually a matter of maturity, and i have found that its the kids that cuss the most!

red, I am not getting your gist here. Are you saying you think cussing should be OK because they do it in other places? Are you saying cussing should be ok because kids cuss more than grownups? Are you implying that you don't think it really is to protect the younger audience? I don't think you mean to say any of that, so I guess I don't understand.

But, as much as the OFFICIAL statement is because kids play this game, and even though many people have strong opinions on both sides of it, there is a legal issue that is being ignored. It is still very nebulous how the FCC rules are to be applied regarding social networks. And when the FCC thinks you are breaking their rules, they fine you. There is little recourse to justice over an FCC fine. Janet Jackson had pasties on, yet the network that showed Justin Timberlake "accidentally" ripping her shirt was fined millions. In some IRC chat channels you can swear like a drunken sailor, but those channels also try to keep out kids.

In a perfect world, the anglo-saxon words that are consider vulgar (which merely means common) would be just as acceptable as the French words we are allowed to use. But the reality of it is that Guillaume conquered England and since that time, use of Anglo-Saxon words for bodily functions implied that you were one of the conquered, not one of the conquerors. And naturally, anyone who can't adapt to the language of the conqueror is considered stupid. We say "pardon my French", but in fact, the pardon we seek is for NOT speaking French.

But it is also the behavior behind each vulgarism that makes them so negative. To insult the beautiful acts of love by using them as expletives when we are angry, to use acts of love as taunts to someone to imply that they have loose virtues, to call out the name of some prophet that someone else adores, these are flat out mean behaviors. It's not the words, then, you see, but the motive behind the use of the terms. Another example is to call for divine condemnation on another person. It's just cruel.

Everyone goes through a phase where they celebrate their personal freedom from the constraints of parental control by spewing every word their parents don't want them to use. But that's exactly the problem here. Nobody wants a bunch of angry parents finding out that their children are going into STS's MMO and celebrating their freedom by spewing anglo-saxon terms or derogatory words about other people's skin color or gender. Nobody knows if that will cause the FCC to fine the devs. So, what else can they do? I'm sure they swear, too, but this may be well out of their control.

Rusalio
04-15-2011, 02:40 PM
Although a little technical for most kids, well said and very true!

I've always shared that profanity is a feeble mind trying to force itself expressively....and it generally quells the issues with most players of any caliber :)

davidis57
04-15-2011, 05:59 PM
When you join a game world you have to obey the rules. Freedom of speech does not apply in a game world. A game world is not America, Asia, etc. You have to abide by the TOS. Those who got banned for constant complaining you did not offer anything constructive. A game world is not a Democratic society.

razerfingers
04-15-2011, 06:31 PM
wait did u guys recently check the chat or whatever or is did u check mine cause i was in balefort protesting kinda?

Justg
04-15-2011, 06:31 PM
wait did u guys recently check the chat or whatever or is did u check mine cause i was in balefort protesting kinda?

Huh .

razerfingers
04-15-2011, 06:35 PM
i got banned for stuff that happened last week but its for 7 days but ehhh im just wondering if i heated my chat infront of the dev or u just were checking peoples chat on wednsday

gray
04-15-2011, 06:53 PM
So, I don't understand this completely. I see all this second chance talk going around, what does this mean? Is this a discussion still in progress, or is there a chance for me to get my account backvia request,and in the complete understanding and acceptance of the ToS? O.o

razerfingers
04-15-2011, 06:56 PM
oo gray ur back only on forums :/

Sigkill
04-15-2011, 07:06 PM
JustG is currently viewing this thread ^^

Justg
04-15-2011, 07:15 PM
So, I don't understand this completely. I see all this second chance talk going around, what does this mean? Is this a discussion still in progress, or is there a chance for me to get my account backvia request,and in the complete understanding and acceptance of the ToS? O.o

I was talking more about our FB communication channel. If you are banned in-game, it is not likely it will be reinstated. Support(at)spacetimestudios.com.

Sigkill
04-15-2011, 07:17 PM
I was talking more about our FB communication channel. If you are banned in-game, it is not likely it will be reinstated. Support(at)spacetimestudios.com.

Thanks for clarifying

Corpser
04-15-2011, 07:22 PM
i wish this thread would stop being moved up as its really old and has been answered by the devs

also devs thank you for telling us

Rusalio
04-15-2011, 07:30 PM
i got banned for stuff that happened last week but its for 7 days but ehhh im just wondering if i heated my chat infront of the dev or u just were checking peoples chat on wednsday

Hahahaha isn't this like the dumb criminal award of the year? Too funny raz

razerfingers
04-15-2011, 09:15 PM
Hahahaha isn't this like the dumb criminal award of the year? Too funny raz
hahahaha lmao ikr im just that bad but ehhh ill be back on wednsday to cause havok jk but ill run around and check out the new patches that come out and if that b-day bash is still going on when im unbanned blahhhhh

Xomak
04-15-2011, 10:24 PM
I disagree with omitting disagreements and demonstrations. I also disagree with telling people that have put time & money into this game that,"..you'd rather they didn't play the game." I've sent my email to explain, thank you for listening,(finally). Yes,children do play this game. So,when they see disgruntled players get banned,this only returns to 'the fear of playing the game' & expressing oneself. "I'm not allowed to say anything about what I don't like,or else I can't play! So I will play in silence." <-- This is sad for a child to learn,especially in a game with "adult" participation.
A more effective way for staff to deal with disgruntled players is in steps. Address the individual player or players,(by name),ask them,(with professionalism),to discontinue upsetting the players that are enjoying the game,then give a warning of what the next action will be: muting,1 day temporary loss of specials,restricted dungeon access (jail) for 1-3 days,denial of game access (ban), for 1-3 days,7 day ban,THEN a permanent ban. This helps all players,including the kids that play,understand that they CAN express themselves to a point,& that there are consequences that still allow them access,& consequences that do not. This also allows them to see clearly how people solve problems..not by avoiding them,but by addressing them,and having good regard for other people,even when they're not behaving the way we would prefer. This is also a more appropriate sequence of action for people that invest their money & a bit of their souls into this game. We're building a community in a virtual world. A community full of smiley cheesy people,with no antagonists is not a utopia.
We have patience,if you have compassion. We will eventually accept your "boneheaded" changes,if you can accept our "bullheaded" fuming about it..we will then help you deal with the next persons who are discontent,as my friends have done with me. My character & friendships in Alterra remain intact,and I would become productive participant again.
Sorry for all the mayhem,peeps! It was necessary for me to understand what was missing from our still budding online community.
Thanks again.
Xomak

razerfingers
04-15-2011, 10:31 PM
I disagree with omitting disagreements and demonstrations. I also disagree with telling people that have put time & money into this game that,"..you'd rather they didn't play the game." I've sent my email to explain, thank you for listening,(finally). Yes,children do play this game. So,when they see disgruntled players get banned,this only returns to 'the fear of playing the game' & expressing oneself. "I'm not allowed to say anything about what I don't like,or else I can't play! So I will play in silence." <-- This is sad for a child to learn,especially in a game with "adult" participation.
A more effective way for staff to deal with disgruntled players is in steps. Address the individual player or players,(by name),ask them,(with professionalism),to discontinue upsetting the players that are enjoying the game,then give a warning of what the next action will be: muting,1 day temporary loss of specials,restricted dungeon access (jail) for 1-3 days,denial of game access (ban), for 1-3 days,7 day ban,THEN a permanent ban. This helps all players,including the kids that play,understand that they CAN express themselves to a point,& that there are consequences that still allow them access,& consequences that do not. This also allows them to see clearly how people solve problems..not by avoiding them,but by addressing them,and having good regard for other people,even when they're not behaving the way we would prefer. This is also a more appropriate sequence of action for people that invest their money & a bit of their souls into this game. We're building a community in a virtual world. A community full of smiley cheesy people,with no antagonists is not a utopia.
We have patience,if you have compassion. We will eventually accept your "boneheaded" changes,if you can accept our "bullheaded" fuming about it..we will then help you deal with the next persons who are discontent,as my friends have done with me. My character & friendships in Alterra remain intact,and I would become productive participant again.
Sorry for all the mayhem,peeps! It was necessary for me to understand what was missing from our still budding online community.
Thanks again.
Xomak

oooo goood point i like it

anglfyr
04-15-2011, 11:30 PM

- g

Woww.. very well nicely said!! +infinity charms for u guys!!
We love u devs!! We appreciate you!! Thanks for this game!!
Thank u for non stop making this game.. fun/enjoyable to play!!
Without u, devs.. I dont think will be able to play and experience this awesome game!!

I love this game so so much and I am proud to say that I am now -> PL game addict LOL LOL.

On the very first hour 1.7.1 was release.. purchased 800 platinum right away and another 75 platinum and I will
buy more in the future!! That is how much I appreciate Pocket Legends game.. I dnt care bout my dad's money hahaha. They spoil me anyway. :) :)

Ok too much drama now. hehehe.
Thats all I want to say..
More power and Long live Pocket Legends!!!

Samhayne
04-15-2011, 11:32 PM
Thanks again.
Xomak

Hey Xomak, nice first post and welcome to the forums!

The Team does ban in stages, similar to what you describe above. However, the tolerance of what someone might get a short term ban vs. what they get a perma ban for is pretty tight. The reason why is one of opportunity cost.

Say we have someone in chat saying some really really bad stuff (like really bad). We'd rather just perma ban that person and be done with it. By not spending a lot of time on that person saying really bad stuff, we then have more support time to devote to helping players who write with a question or problem. Sure, perhaps we might lose a customer by perma banning to quickly and not trying to "redact" them with a series of escalating penalties. We'd rather risk that, and not inflict that "bad" player on our other good players, who have to hear their very bad speech every time they get off their temporary ban.

Everything we do has trade offs. The thing I love about the team that I work with is, besides having built and maintained the game we all love, they keep looking at what they're doing and fine tuning as we go. So, sure, in the future, maybe we'll spend more time trying to redact more abusive people in such a process as you describe. Hopefully, in reading my reply, you can better understand why we do what we do.

Respectfully yours,
Samhayne

razerfingers
04-15-2011, 11:36 PM
Hey Xomak, nice first post and welcome to the forums!

The Team does ban in stages, similar to what you describe above. However, the tolerance of what someone might get a short term ban vs. what they get a perma ban for is pretty tight. The reason why is one of opportunity cost.

Say we have someone in chat saying some really really bad stuff (like really bad). We'd rather just perma ban that person and be done with it. By not spending a lot of time on that person saying really bad stuff, we then have more support time to devote to helping players who write with a question or problem. Sure, perhaps we might lose a customer by perma banning to quickly and not trying to "redact" them with a series of escalating penalties. We'd rather risk that, and not inflict that "bad" player on our other good players, who have to hear their very bad speech every time they get off their temporary ban.

Everything we do has trade offs. The thing I love about the team that I work with is, besides having built and maintained the game we all love, they keep looking at what they're doing and fine tuning as we go. So, sure, in the future, maybe we'll spend more time trying to redact more abusive people in such a process as you describe. Hopefully, in reading my reply, you can better understand why we do what we do.

Respectfully yours,
Samhayne
okay so if someone were to say something bad(semi bad) then u check their chat u can still ban them for something they did a week ago if it shows up innapropriate even if you are messing aroind with your friends?

anglfyr
04-15-2011, 11:38 PM
Guys,
Just be open-minded.. they are just doing whats best for us.. :)

razerfingers
04-15-2011, 11:42 PM
haha i am im just wondering if my crazy childish convos should be put in pm so i dont get banned for them? lol

Physiologic
04-15-2011, 11:43 PM
There's permanent chat logs for every single character so yes they can see anything you write in the past, whether it be several weeks ago or several months ago.

razerfingers
04-15-2011, 11:45 PM
ahhh so if its red flagged im screwed? lmao?

Samhayne
04-15-2011, 11:46 PM
okay so if someone were to say something bad(semi bad) then u check their chat u can still ban them for something they did a week ago if it shows up innapropriate even if you are messing aroind with your friends?

Razerfingers, we're not going to pick apart every scenario. Bottom line is, be cool and we'll be good.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?11694-Pocket-Legends-Terms-of-Service

We ask that you abide by the following rules:
1) Keep all chat clean!
2) Do not ask for another player's account information! And don’t give anyone else your own!
3) Do not do anything that will ruin another user's play experience!

Epicgabrielll
04-15-2011, 11:50 PM
will people banned from pl be allowed in blackstar Birds suck with PVP now come on change the spell cool down so there's combos!

razerfingers
04-15-2011, 11:53 PM
hahaha alright ill try to be cool in 5 days lol

Epicgabrielll
04-15-2011, 11:53 PM
will people banned from pl be allowed in blackstar Please change the spell cool down to only the one you tap like usual cuz no more combos :(

anglfyr
04-15-2011, 11:54 PM
Wrong thread.
Post it here -> http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?23586-1.7.1-Client-Update-%2857072%29

razerfingers
04-15-2011, 11:55 PM
Please change the spell cool down to only the one you tap like usual cuz no more combos :(

i believe they already fixed it :)

SUPAPRODIGY
04-16-2011, 12:25 AM
well said coulnt said it better

Marcoolio
04-16-2011, 03:59 AM
I learn in hard way how that bann power feels. Ive been banned 3days and seriously not know when i say something bad becouse support email told only that i kill fun experience someone playing. Maybe i say someone something but thats ok and i earn it but i have one thing..

I think you should explain or show chat log where player do wrong so you save many emails. Its good to know reason if someone report. Like me ask you to show what is that bad word what i say becouse not remember to say any bad things. Like i see almost every day rasism and sexual talks.

Like i say it ok and im fine now thnx.. i hardly speak unknow ppl. becouse i fear bann power :) It just some times i play when i enjoy something with pepsi (my friends jim&beam) i maybe talk too much ;)

Cya in field and thank you devs to give me so much funn in my phone!!

LADYHADASSA
04-16-2011, 07:07 AM
I learn in hard way how that bann power feels. Ive been banned 3days and seriously not know when i say something bad becouse support email told only that i kill fun experience someone playing. Maybe i say someone something but thats ok and i earn it but i have one thing..

I think you should explain or show chat log where player do wrong so you save many emails. Its good to know reason if someone report. Like me ask you to show what is that bad word what i say becouse not remember to say any bad things. Like i see almost every day rasism and sexual talks.

Like i say it ok and im fine now thnx.. i hardly speak unknow ppl. becouse i fear bann power :) It just some times i play when i enjoy something with pepsi (my friends jim&beam) i maybe talk too much ;)

I can understand why some may not understand why they where banned, however: It would seem to me that most must have and idea... most have a guide line that they use to speak, If I would not say it around my mother, grandmother, a young chold, a boss, etc. Then do not say it in game..( sad to say,though some have zero respect for any of the above..)

A majority of people in games DO NOT KNOW another player in the life realm, you have no proof of age except by perhapse guessing. Many ,any teenagers say they are older and speak older but are minors... So even in pm messages mind yourselves..

I have experienced what a game can be like when players get out of hand and youth where involved or sick indivuals.
In one game a female player would go to male players and begin speaking of killing herself.. The male player out of concern would move the convo to palringo.. From there this young lady would continue would leave her real phone number in the convo and then tell people she was ending her life... The result is these guys would call her afraid for a human life. Most would think the young girl was more at risk from suicide or sick pervs, but. What happened was this young girl began to send nude pics of herself to all these men because she had tjeir phone numbers.. To make a very long story short... This girl caused marriges to fail and set up serious legal issues for these players... The devs of this game would not respond,I persoanly was one of the strongest players in the game, To protect players I rallied old schoolers and we baby sat the game for 2 weeks, killing every male player this girl spok to, u til the law became involved, and devs had to do somthing. The moral here .... Understand that PL has an incredible team of creayors active and involved, they do answer questions, they do play the game and have the welfare of players in mind.

Sexy talk story...people are people, many are friendley and trust other players. I have been crew leaders of a few diffrent "guilds or crews" in other games, a part of this is having palringo as a place of private and team chat.. In palringo there are many many chat rooms. Over time players ask questions, where are you from? What do you do for work? The ever popular ASL ( age,sex,location). All convo starters. Players are flirty, but understand young and older are prey for sick indivuals.. I played these other games approx 2 years, everyone knew who I was in game and i had lots of gaming friends. Many say big deal... Well... One player asks the basic questions, and all things considered a state is a large place so saying ones state no big.... But these devises are made to pin point locations and palringo has this feature so another can get pretty close to your town. I was an unlucky one to have a game stalker... This player followed me game to game, found out the state i lived, used palrigo for location, and knew what i did for a living, my job was very public. This player was head CEO of a large corperation. The out come....

This stalker gamer came to my town searched the two hopitals in the area, and because my photo was posted in the palingro forum, he was able to walk threw the doors amd see my photo, job position and name, he followed me to places i went with co workers to chill after work on fridays, he found out where i lived and would go in hame and say things all the while that would make anyone say WHAT?!?! This gamer is now in Jail and will remain there. How did this infatuation begin? This man was in a chat room, stressed over a seperation from his wife who was addicted to drugs, he spoke of his children, and all i did was offer advice i knew and listened.. Nothing more.... BE CARFUL ALL about what you share with people, young and old, these are just two examples of things that happen in games.

the moral..... Think twice about complaining. having active devs who desire a good game and safe game for all players is as unique as pocket legends itself. If your cussing, sexy talk, you not only can ruin another players experience, but you could be setting the stage for trouble that can affect life.

Even player bashing has effect on some especialy the youth, I know of several below age 10 players, would you accept somone cussing, putting down and be littling your friends and family members? Foe some youth games are all they have for a kind world, realize that yes even in a game your words can make a diffrence.

Could you live with knowing your nasty words where the last words ever spoken to another? And yes all players are people not just some toon you see on a screen.

For EVERY action there is a reaction good or bad...there is always a choice....

razerfingers
04-16-2011, 08:42 AM

just ask for your chat log i did that and they showed me what i was banned for exactly

Xomak
04-17-2011, 08:35 AM
Speaker for the Banned

Sorry these are so long..but I believe this is all very important.

First,I'm not ashamed of having said some pretty selfish and consequential stuff as a result of being upset. All of this needed to be done,because most of us,including myself,have never been a part of an MMO gaming community. Again,I apologize,to players & staff.
The reason for all of this anarchy,& why I'm suggesting so much that a "Steps" procedure should be put in place,is because as an "upset" player,(that wasn't being as "cool" as possible),I had a couple of PL pals that were putting their hearts into getting me to chill out & be more patient. I'd even had conversations with newer players that were attempting to suggest that things actually were a little better. I still disagreed..yet they continued to console me.

"..just try to get used to it.." <--..in so many words.

I experienced along with a magnitude of players how they actually felt about things..it was important to learn and experience what simply needed to be understood & expressed correctly. So,as I was calming down,& beginning to notice the attempts at adjustments,& that you guys actually do care "somewhat" about the upset players:

"YOU HAVE BEEN BANNED 7 DAYS FOR VIOLATING THE TERMS OF SERVICE" <-- Amazing..

Just as I was starting to wrap my mind around the changes and be more patient,YOU stop my progress. YOU don't even have the patience that you expect from everyone else. YOU have also now destroyed my personal Pocket Legends experience even further,which is supposed to be one of the most important things about the game,isn't it? Now I can't even TRY to get more used to the changes,or TRY to suggest a further adjustment down to .15 GCD that would benefit the more "instinctive" players,or TRY to empathize with other upset players to help them cool down as we go through this turmoil together..as was done with me. Instead,I'm dismissed..treated as though my character is worthless,despite the hours I've put into developing my powers,skills,and accessories. What's more,my complaints were as factual & non-abusive as possible,(under the circumstances),despite my ridiculous quips of how much the changes "wreak",(..you introduced "The Fart Pack" after all..you mean you also don't have any tolerance for "dry" fart jokes?) There was a lot of "constructive criticism" buried in my interjections,yet I still got banned? Yep,that seems pretty fair to me.

Telling a player,"It's not worth my time to put up with your crap,so I banish you!",lacks compassion for ALL players & is almost as selfish as the player that says,"It's not worth my time to put up with your unfair game changes,so I'm gonna quit!" Then to turn around & show favoritism to players that "..just loves everything Spacetime Studios does to Pocket Legends.." is pretty unrealistic when developing an online gaming community. Especially when you already knew that all hell was gonna break loose when YOU changed such an integral part of the game. Do you mean to tell me you actually intended to simply just get rid of anyone that emphatically didn't like the changes? Do away with us like WE'RE the very monsters we're leveling up to kill? I invested so much of myself into my character because THE GAME WAS ALREADY FUN! You changed something that now makes it less fun for me,and others that have been playing the same way all this time,& expect us to just "like it"?!

You've betrayed everything I've ever known about this game!

Most GOOD video games,(like this one),utilize instant response to activation of controls,(Mortal Kombat,Ninja Gaiden,Halo,etc.). Taking away my ability to INSTANTLY utilize the spell or weapon I need to help my team defeat a horde of relentlessly powerful Aliens, is the same as taking away my Platinum Sword of Legend in exchange for a broken Rusty Sword..my Arbalest in exchange for a Pumpkin Chucker..my hard earned Cyber Blaster for one o' them lil' gold blasters. You've dulled my beak & claws,then told me,"..it's to make it more challenging.." o_O WHAT? You're dern right I'ma be upset!

I had to become that player,in order to understand these things better.

It takes ALL the members of a community to make a community stronger. With this in mind,I believe the "Steps" approach would be of more benefit for the developers to ENCOURAGE more acceptance,as opposed to DISCOURAGING participation & expression. When the natural process of players helping players accept changes seems to not be working,the "Steps" could be utilized to weed out whether a player actually has bad intent or not. Results would vary on a case-by-case basis,of course,depending on how adamant the player or players are. By addressing the players by name,maintaining professionalism,and dignifying their concerns while citing policy,you may not even have to resort to any further consequences. Muting,Loss of Specials,and a 1-3day restriction to the Shadow Caves, would be consequences for individuals,(like myself),who actually want to return to enjoying the game,but feel a bit shanghai'd by the changes,& need to have their concerns addressed directly while being "refreshed" about how much violations of ToS are looked down upon,& how upset it makes other players. (If you think about it,it's also kinda funny for other players to visit their friends trapped in the Shadow Caves with no specials gettin their butts kicked by Mummies & D'Jinn!) By putting a 1-3day ban ahead of a 7day ban,it shows a unreasonable/obstinate player,(not like myself),that consequences CAN BE WORSE,but developers prefer compliance over losing a compassionate member of the community.
Being subjected to an immediate 7DAY ban on a first offense,for attempting,(unsuccessfully),to be constructive,while encouraging others to speak up & express themselves instead of quitting,is simply an overkill of power & punishment for a player raising "approximately" 1DAY of mayhem & discontent.
The punishment does not fit the crime. Not even close.

So,please understand how important it is for ALL players in the community to see that the developers do have a certain amount of tolerance & compassion,even for players that seem to be behaving badly. Love all the players equally,because there's only two things that makes a player a non-player: quitting and banning. A non-playing player is still a player,even if he's protesting peacefully. You can't "cool down" fire with MORE fire..YOU hafta lead by example & be cooler than the hotheaded individual.
Also,please consider lowering the "Global Cool Down" timing to .15secs,simply because it actually would be an even better benefit/compromise for the instinctive/interactive gameplay that the veterans are used to & bridges the discrepancies within PvP vs PvE.
Finally,please consider decreasing the consequences for those of us that "throw ourselves against the machine" for the benefit of our fellow players,so that they don't have to.
Xomak

Xomak
04-17-2011, 08:40 AM
Good grief! ..just fyi..I worked on that pretty much all night between trips at work,& for like another 3hrs after I got off..& it STILL may not get my point across. No need to repost the whole thing..I will find the response..

red
04-17-2011, 01:45 PM
snake, i was saying that its borderline hypocritical to ban people for saying abbreviations, or cussing in general to protect the younger audience if they cuss alot too. or maybe a better point would be to say this, PL is alot bigger than it used to be even a month ago, its getting harder for the devs to monitor chat with so many people, so at times someone will say the f word alot and get by, while someone els will say something less vulgar, and then get banned. so then you have people who cuss alot and those who don't do to seeing, or being banned. so its just the inconsistency of the cussing that bothers me, and i don't think that kids cussing justifies anything.

Xomak
04-18-2011, 03:13 AM
I now understand a little better how overwhelming it is to have so much going on all at once,& why just banning a seemingly disruptive player to "set an example" would be easier than attempting to regard the hundred individual players that get complained on. Would it be difficult to add in-game profile mailboxes for each player as a patch? Then you could address a list of players that have all behaved similarly,keep better track of who you've addressed about what,then give appropriate consequences to those that continue to be non-compliant. I also think it would not be a bad idea to get help from Guardians & players willing to help. I may not be an ideal candidate,but I would be more than willing to help with "processing the paperwork" of individuals that are making things more difficult than necessary. This may also be an advantage to having "Guilds" established,so that maybe each of the chiefs can address their members.
You guys must be catchin hell over there. I actually feel truly bad about adding fuel. I will go back to being Pro-Team-PocketLegends, and start giving more help. Sorry.

Marcoolio
04-19-2011, 02:51 AM
just ask for your chat log i did that and they showed me what i was banned for exactly

I did ask when i was banned 3 days to see why i been banned but only answer is that i kill someone player fun experience in game.. well thats only funny becouse i was in low lvl places helping ppl to quests and i give all drops off then i log off and go eating.. coming back i see 3 day bann. :)

Not complain anyone about this becouse that happens and i get over it.. i just open my mouth in here becouse i have a story to tell..
I just not get what so nasty i make when i help ppl to get bann..lol
after bann i been very carefull to talk or help ppl becouse i scare to perm.bann ;)

I like to help ppl ingame becouse i have some super friends in there who help me over and over again. We have good group in there and soo much laughing :)
Btw..my english sucks..

\\Peace//

Xomak
04-19-2011, 11:23 PM
"You’ll have this opportunity in a few more days when your ban expires. We appreciate your feedback but it needs to be given in a constructive manner. Being passionate about something doesn’t give you free license to say or do whatever you wish. This in no way helps you get your point across."
-Thade
__________________________________________________ ____________________

I realized that I have to look at this from another perspective also:

"Xomak. You're a level 53. You should know better. No,we're not lifting your ban."

Fair enough. My whole point for all of this, is that you can get your point across to a player when they're being passionate without banning them. "Old skool" or not. No one is so unreasonable that they would not want to understand the RIGHT WAY to get their point across. That whole day of pulling comments and booting people..not one post of,"Hey,peeps! Too much negativity bein posted on the FB page. Knock it off or we're gonna hafta boot you off the page!" Ignoring players is not helping ANY players understand what's to be expected, it only makes them more upset to the point that you feel you have to ban them. Stop the cycle at the beginning instead of at the end. Help your players feel powerful,instead of powerless..that's why we all like coming here.
It's important to me that you guys address bad behavior,(at the source),as much as you reinforce good behavior,so that everyone observing what's going on can SEE that you're being as "cool" as you expect everyone else to be.

See you guys in a couple days.
Xomak

P.S. Seriously. Why are there so many people banned that don't know what they did to get banned? I would tell someone if they were doing something that would probably get them banned. Why don't you?

Xomak
04-22-2011, 12:36 AM
Speaker for the Banned

..and now, EVERYBODY gets to see how it feels to be banned! It would be positive for devs to understand how much banning is overkill,& maybe develop some intermediate intervention for disruptive players which leaves banning as a last resort. Thanks for playin!

eduardeduderare
06-16-2011, 12:16 PM
But how about reinstarted?i was created new account!but ban in all my new accounts! Help what i Will do for play with new account?

Otukura
06-16-2011, 12:23 PM
But how about reinstarted?i was created new account!but ban in all my new accounts! Help what i Will do for play with new account?

If you really want to keep playing you'll need to buy a new device.

eduardeduderare
06-16-2011, 12:31 PM
BUY?????

Otukura
06-16-2011, 12:34 PM
BUY?????

Yes.

eduardeduderare
06-16-2011, 12:35 PM
Were i Will buy this device? And how
Much???? XD

Otukura
06-16-2011, 12:37 PM
Were i Will buy this device? And how
Much???? XD

Just buy a new phone, to replace whatever you have currently.

eduardeduderare
06-16-2011, 12:48 PM
O-omg! And after this i reinstart progress? Oh ok...thank you for help!:D