View Full Version : Arena Spike Gate is Enemy Type

DarrenPR
05-09-2015, 04:05 AM
This is a very small issue, and wouldn't really cause anybody any problems in practice, but I figure I might as well report it. In the arena, the spike gate of death is considered an enemy type, and placing a rogue's Entangling Trap upon it will cause the trap to trigger, and immediately start the arena timer, locking the area and disabling other party members from joining, even if the actual combat of the arena hasn't started yet. A simple way around this is to just not place traps on the gate, but the principle problem is that the gate shouldn't be an enemy type to begin with. Minor issue, very low priority in the grand scheme of things, but still an issue nonetheless.

Madnex
05-09-2015, 06:48 AM
Yes, every one of those spikes is considered as a target for ground damaging effects. You can also do this with elon bow proc and they're even banishable. There's also a ton of similar targets inside the arena which you can see when elon gun procs or spot them by the debuff icons from shadow veil plus some of them can be frozen. This might be why some environments like poison pools automatically start off the timer even by just standing around in arena. Also, it could explain why firing skills randomly makes proximity curse spawn earlier than intended. Guess this could use a look into it.

Madnex
05-09-2015, 07:49 AM
Some more info. Confirmed three of these spots in the Arena map: one at the inner side of the blade fence and one at the outer side, both of which are always there even if boss fights are not initiated. You can see them by using Ethyl's AA or Shadow Veil by watching where the debuff red icons blink. And another one at the center of the arena that appears when boss spawns and disappears after it dies.

These appear to be spawns. I've also spotted them in Tindirin because the Shaman's healing can target them as well.

Serancha
05-09-2015, 11:51 AM
In my experience, traps are prone start the clock early no matter where they are laid. Also some pets like Gyrm will trigger it if their AA is used before start.

extrapayah
05-10-2015, 06:32 AM
free bump!

nice catch!

Alhuntrazeck
05-12-2015, 06:04 AM
Banishable? How does that work? A spike vanishes?

Ghoul
05-12-2015, 06:49 AM
^LOL, that would be funny!