PDA

View Full Version : Totems and VL?

Duped
04-04-2011, 01:39 PM
What is the best way to do the Cyber quest in VL.

I had been skipping aliens, getting keeper and then gurgox then rmk. Another person has said Pl'Othozz (does he give totems), and even another has said T'Paxx should be done because of the power armor drop. What's best way???

Thanks!

RedRyder
04-04-2011, 01:40 PM
keeper, OL, gurgox, rmk

Moogerfooger
04-04-2011, 01:43 PM
T'Paxx drops Wraith usually (but may drop Power Armor), but he never gave me one single totem on VL (neither did Pl'Othozz) nor have I ever witnessed anyone getting a single decent pink from him on VL other than (I think) a OL Rift Helm...and I did the quests on all three characters....hundreds of VL runs ugh.

The bosses seemed to me to have better chances of drops on the regular levels, not VL. Just my observation, others may have had diff experiences.

OL will drop totems like Gurgox as well on VL. Usually 1, if any. VL Keeper will usually give you 1 or 2.

Moogerfooger
04-04-2011, 01:43 PM
keeper, OL, gurgox, rmk

^^^ What he said. Don't waste time on T'paxx or Pl'Othozz or Mynas on VL if you are going for totems.

Ayrilana
04-04-2011, 02:15 PM
I persinally felt that doing only keeper was the fastest. People did the others because they were farming loot which now has little value. It's safer with PUGS too because you know at least one person will assume the green orbs stack on Gurg and people that don't know how to take out OL's shield.

drewcapu
04-04-2011, 02:23 PM
T'Paxx drops Wraith usually (but may drop Power Armor)

From my understanding, T'Paxx only drops Wraith in Captive, not in VL. (otherwise you'd see people killing T'Paxx in VL all the time, since he's so easy to get to).

I've only seen him drop it once in Captive.

OL drops Power Armor.

Duped
04-04-2011, 02:29 PM
Is OL good if you don't have an archer who knows how to beat him?? Seems like without one it's a waste of time. And all the archer's I've seen in VL avoid him like the plague

Ayrilana
04-04-2011, 02:32 PM
He's not. It takes more coordination to use the barrels which PUGS lack.

Duped
04-04-2011, 03:05 PM
So for a random group, Skip aliens, keeper, then Gurg works best? :) I think that's what I had found...

On another note, I am going to learn how to solo the OL with a bird, once I get mine up there, I want to do that kind of stuff with him.

Moogerfooger
04-04-2011, 03:25 PM
From my understanding, T'Paxx only drops Wraith in Captive, not in VL. (otherwise you'd see people killing T'Paxx in VL all the time, since he's so easy to get to).

I've only seen him drop it once in Captive.

OL drops Power Armor.

Yeah I know about the OL dropping Power Armor, but I have seen wif mah own two eyes T'Paxx dropping an OL rift helm as well as the Wraith but I can't remember if the Helm drop was on VL or Captive....worth the effort now? maybe not, but it was a while ago when it was worth big $$$ :D

I think I was imaginating T'Paxx dropping Power Armor, but I do know I've seen the helm from T'P.

superglut2
04-04-2011, 03:31 PM
Best way is skip middle / rush keeper / remake.

Plasticuproject
04-04-2011, 03:47 PM
I persinally felt that doing only keeper was the fastest. People did the others because they were farming loot which now has little value. It's safer with PUGS too because you know at least one person will assume the green orbs stack on Gurg and people that don't know how to take out OL's shield.

Agreed. I just did Keeper over and over. Seemed to go quickly.

Duped
04-04-2011, 04:21 PM
Rush Keeper?? Can you skip past the alien snipers and lorekeeper in the level itself?? I didn't think Keeper showed up until after you killed them.

Ayrilana
04-04-2011, 05:43 PM
Rush Keeper?? Can you skip past the alien snipers and lorekeeper in the level itself?? I didn't think Keeper showed up until after you killed them.

With a good group, they shoildn't take long to kill. If you can't kill thrm easily then it's likely you'll take too long to kill keeper before his shield goes up. This is effortless if you're 51+ with sewer gear.