PDA

View Full Version : About the new jewels...

Appeltjes
05-09-2015, 05:37 AM
I like the idea of a new gem I however cannot understand why it has to add so many stat points at twink levels.

I play at level 15 where these new gems should add +5 stat primary stat points, now lets look at the other gems:

A grand rage gem adds 3 strength and 2 dexterity (grand blood 3 strength only) which basically means that these new gems will put tarlok gems out of play.

A grand elondrian shard adds 70 hp, these new gems will add 50 hp and since they're strength they'll (for a tank) also give damage which all together will make it better than elondrian shards.

Not to forget to mention that these gems can also have other stat points

"Many more stats are now available with Jewels! There will be 8 types of Jewels available when the feature launches. In addition to the STR, DEX, and INT stats you are all used to, you can now also upgrade your gear with Jewels which grant Armor, Crit, Damage, HP, or Mana."

This means that this new gem, para gems and eye gems (altough these are not really to be called good) will be the best 3 gems at this bracket. Para gems (if you even manage to find one) are over 3 million gold, eyes cost around to 1 million gold and this new gem which (knowing sts) will probably rarely drop and costs tons of items to be crafted to a higher level, (probably) will be hard to craft by yourself and will also cost a lot.

I would like to ask sts to adjust these jewels so that they do not make twinking cost even more than that it already does.

*reinfocred gems excluded since these are quite rare at this level.

Titanfall
05-09-2015, 05:44 AM
It hopefully shouldn't really be a problem, as remember these jewels are farmable and not uber hard to get. So everyone should be able to get them :)

Dex Scene
05-09-2015, 05:55 AM
Also they need to be better than current gems so people will want to get them.

EQT
05-09-2015, 05:57 AM
Make the stats on the gems lower please and thank yo. Maybe the same stat boost as grand gems in the respective brackets but without the chore of grinding grands.

Appeltjes
05-09-2015, 06:03 AM
It hopefully shouldn't really be a problem, as remember these jewels are farmable and not uber hard to get. So everyone should be able to get them :)

Care to explain why something easy to get includes this function:

"Jewels can be removed from gear for a gold cost. This will allow you to use that removed Jewel as part of a craft to create a better Jewel."

I believe if jewels would be so easy to get it would not be necessary to be able to remove them from your gear to upgrade another jewel.

Titanfall
05-09-2015, 06:22 AM
Care to explain why something easy to get includes this function:

"Jewels can be removed from gear for a gold cost. This will allow you to use that removed Jewel as part of a craft to create a better Jewel."

I believe if jewels would be so easy to get it would not be necessary to be able to remove them from your gear to upgrade another jewel.
Uhm so people don't waste their fully upgraded jewels?

Appeltjes
05-09-2015, 06:32 AM
Uhm so people don't waste their fully upgraded jewels?

Lmao, I'm quite sure a para gem is worth way more and those have a limited supply I however never saw those having the option to be taken of a weapon.

Titanfall
05-09-2015, 07:08 AM
Lmao, I'm quite sure a para gem is worth way more and those have a limited supply I however never saw those having the option to be taken of a weapon.
Because para gems ruined the game -.- these jewels are finite

bedmaster
05-09-2015, 07:24 AM
These jewels are rare in rarity so i think it wont be so hard to get em

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah282/chandra7plav/Mobile%20Uploads/PicsArt_1428811885348_zpsxpktgrgj.jpg (http://s1383.photobucket.com/user/chandra7plav/media/Mobile%20Uploads/PicsArt_1428811885348_zpsxpktgrgj.jpg.html)

tharidom
05-09-2015, 12:29 PM
Because para gems ruined the game -.- these jewels are finite

These are also damage gems...

Titanfall
05-09-2015, 12:32 PM
These are also damage gems...
That everyone can get at ANY time. Whats the problem?

Niixed
05-09-2015, 06:30 PM
There are 8 types of jewels... STR, DEX, and INT, Armor, Crit, Damage, Health and Mana. We know what the STR, DEX and INT (Mind) jewels will yield for each jewel level. Developers have yet to release what Armor, Crit, Damage, Health and Mana jewels will yield for each level. However, Para gems, which are set at +7.0 Damage (+2.0 Dmg on stack) will probably outclass the Damage gems unless developers nerf para gems at lower levels, adjusting the damage based on equipment level. They probably won't, but if the disparity becomes a serious problem, developers may make an exception.

Kingofninjas
05-09-2015, 07:37 PM
The jewels are meant to replace gems. It baffles me that sts would put out a double odds for reinforced gems at the same time when they announce this. This seems like conflicting interests to me.

My suggestion: Add a melting price to all the gems high enough to make melting them worthwhile. This would not apply to para and eye gems. For example, based on current market, fire, glacial and blood gems meltable for 3k a piece. Tarlok gems for 20-25k a piece. Reinforced fire and glacial for 25k a piece and reinforced blood for 50k. This would speed up the process if removing gems from the game.

eugene9707
05-09-2015, 08:53 PM
There are 8 types of jewels... STR, DEX, and INT, Armor, Crit, Damage, Health and Mana. We know what the STR, DEX and INT (Mind) jewels will yield for each jewel level. Developers have yet to release what Armor, Crit, Damage, Health and Mana jewels will yield for each level. However, Para gems, which are set at +7.0 Damage (+2.0 Dmg on stack) will probably outclass the Damage gems unless developers nerf para gems at lower levels, adjusting the damage based on equipment level. They probably won't, but if the disparity becomes a serious problem, developers may make an exception.

im sure para dont give 7 damage .... im 100% sure....

Dex Scene
05-10-2015, 12:07 AM
im sure para dont give 7 damage .... im 100% sure....
It does... when you see +7 dmg or +3dmg etc, they give bonus damage Which is a multiplier.

eugene9707
05-10-2015, 10:43 AM
It does... when you see +7 dmg or +3dmg etc, they give bonus damage Which is a multiplier.

ok... just notice i misread it lol ..... i thought he meant 7 dmg per para ....

but yes, i know how they work , but thanks anyways :)