PDA

View Full Version : nuke mage farming

wvhills
04-04-2011, 06:33 PM
Hey guys, I'm creating a nuke mage (as you can see). I was planning on getting and selling a lot of low level pinks. So far I've only got one (some type of board and nail that I sold for 18k!). I'm level 20 right now and here's my question...I know that my level affects the level of the drops I get. Should I turn off my xp and keep farming at level 20 or keep leveling up? Also, I've read Yanis awesome thread on pinks and where they drop but is there a location that's prime for farming (more so than other places?)?
Any help will be appreciated!

Arterra
04-04-2011, 06:35 PM
what exactly are you trying to farm?

frankly everywhere has its items.

wvhills
04-04-2011, 06:39 PM
mainly just expensive items. haha. There seems to be a demand right now for swamp pinks so I'm leaning towards leveling til I get to the swamp and stop my xp for a while. I don't spend much time looking through CS though so I'm trying to see what everyone else thinks. I'd hate to level up to 30 and then find out there's a demand for level 20 pinks that I can't get anymore.

KingFu
04-04-2011, 06:42 PM
Personally, I would level to 30. There isn't much scaling for a lvl 20, nor is there much demand. If you want to make money, you can level to 30, disable XP gain, and farm homestead/still farm for level 30 pinks. Anotheer think you can farm is recipes in meatheads deli, since there is a bit of demand for crafted armors, especially lvl 15 ones!

wvhills
04-04-2011, 06:44 PM
Ok, thanks! That's kinda what I was thinking too. You progress through lower levels so fast I didn't think people would spend that much cash getting items unless it was for their pvp twinks. If it was for their twinks I figure they would just farm them themselves. If I'm level 20 can I still get level 15 recipes from meatheads deli?

Redbridge
04-04-2011, 06:45 PM
what exactly are you trying to farm?

This is the main question. If you are farming for profit then you really do need to get a hold on the CS prices.

If you are farming for a specific item then I'd try that level.

Remember you can have more than one alt and the second is free. Also, I think farming in a group proves more fruitful so get a good team....

Good Luck