PDA

View Full Version : Leaving lobby...

UniitsHD
04-05-2011, 01:35 AM
Once I get disconnected when I was in a party, I log back on straight away and my friend says that why did you leave. I would always say that I got disconnected as my ping rose up to 120000 and thats the max. Shouldn't the devs make that when someone leaves by lag, why can't it say (example)"Asommers got disconnected" instead of Asommers left the party. Anybody agree??

Fatpigwarrior
04-05-2011, 01:49 AM
yes!!! but pl have no clue when u lag out LOL

UniitsHD
04-05-2011, 01:51 AM
Thats what I'm saying, instead of popping out on your screen saying (example) Asommers left the party, it would be better if you actually lagged out saying Asommers lagged out.

Plasticuproject
04-05-2011, 02:30 AM
Thats what I'm saying, instead of popping out on your screen saying (example) Asommers left the party, it would be better if you actually lagged out saying Asommers lagged out.

I seriously doubt asommers will be lagging out, and if he does something is seriously wrong....;)

UniitsHD
04-05-2011, 02:33 AM
I don't mean that, I mean someone who would lag out a lot. Didn't you read the brackets?? EXAMPLE in brackets??

Plasticuproject
04-05-2011, 02:41 AM
I don't mean that, I mean someone who would lag out a lot. Didn't you read the brackets?? EXAMPLE in brackets??

Lol.....I was being facetious ;)

UniitsHD
04-05-2011, 02:41 AM
Oh, you never said you were...

Plasticuproject
04-05-2011, 02:44 AM
Oh, you never said you were...

Lol that's what the little winking smiley guy is for! ---->;)

I'm just a snarky guy, I cannot be helped!

UniitsHD
04-05-2011, 02:45 AM
I didn't see that guy winking lol. He looks like laughing to me. I only took a 2 second glance.

Redbridge
04-05-2011, 02:45 AM
Lol.....I was being facetious ;)

LOL. Please could you signpost ur sarcasm? [This is sacasm]

On Topic: I'm thinking from a coding point of view there might not be an obvious difference from someone leaving a game and someone disconnecting for any reason. It may well be difficult to differentiate between them, and therefore difficult to pop-up different messages.

Nice idea though if it is possible...

UniitsHD
04-05-2011, 04:36 AM
Kinda... Still not kinda sure...

StompArtist
04-05-2011, 07:30 AM
I agree that someone leaving a party willingly should somehow be differentiated from someone being disconnected.

For example:

-StompArtist has left the party - vs - StompArtist's connection has dropped. Again -

drewcapu
04-05-2011, 09:42 AM
You never know.

It might be possible.

Purposely leaving a game involves a few menu selections.

Being disconnected is just someone disappearing without doing those menu selections.

If leave dungeon via menu selections, then "left the party", else "got disconnected".

Wrap
04-05-2011, 09:59 AM
It's a good thought, but I think it wouldn't be possible to differentiate between "lagging out", "logging out" and "leaving game"...I think it'll just have to remain how it is, and say "____ has left the game"...whether this is because you lagged out, logged out, or if you actually decided to just leave the game.:)

Yoshura
04-07-2011, 08:55 PM
It is possible and probably very simple.. Ive played other games and when someone lagged out it would say Blah has timed out or something similiar to that. These guys coded a game engine for a phone pretty sure they could figure it out, atleast id hope so. Edit- Game im thinking of is called Gunz online when you lagged out it would say blah has timed out but if you left on your own it would just say blah has left.