PDA

View Full Version : Fury set or a mix royal sewer?

Genes
04-05-2011, 09:38 AM
Hi guys

Would a full fury with set bonus be better then a a mix of fury and royal sewer gears?

Say all fury but armor is royal?

Ellyidol
04-05-2011, 09:46 AM
Bear? Pally? Waribrd?

Tanking only?

Rich man's set would be a Royal/Fury mix. The only reason I'd use a full Fury set is for a pally. :)

Genes
04-05-2011, 09:52 AM
Hello elly, what's the recommendation on me warbird? Why would a full fury be prefered on a pally?

Ellyidol
04-05-2011, 09:58 AM
Warbird would probably be the same, Fury/Royal mix.

Fury set is really good, perfect even, for pallys because of the added M/S.

For a bear, 36 MS is VERY overkill. At 6 I can already do without having to use mana pots in PvE.

For the bird, 12 might be good for MS, 18 if you have to.

That'd mean 2 Fury/2Royal or 3 Fury/1 Royal.

Why its important that you add a Royal piece is because it has the best tank stats in the game, 8 H/S 8 Dodge and high armour (which fury used to be before it was changed).

neko
04-05-2011, 10:12 AM
Hello elly, what's the recommendation on me warbird? Why would a full fury be prefered on a pally?

As a Pally, despite the obvious armor benefits, I really appreciate the mana regeneration the FF set gives. The set was originally meant for my bear (before I respec'd my mage) and after using it for a while, I thought that the mana regen was completely wasted on it. Even after spamming all my bear skills, it hardly registered a blip on the mana scale.

giayuan
04-05-2011, 08:44 PM
Bear? Pally? Waribrd?

Tanking only?

Rich man's set would be a Royal/Fury mix. The only reason I'd use a full Fury set is for a pally. :)

Why rich man? full fury is most expensive no?

Ellyidol
04-05-2011, 08:46 PM

Is it? I haven't checked the prices lately.

If so, both of them are rich men set, fury more than mix though :)

Sky../
04-05-2011, 09:03 PM

Because royal helm+plate is more expensive than fury helm+plate.

Zeus
04-05-2011, 09:19 PM
This is my analysis of it.

Full Fury is best on Paladins and Warbirds

Fury/Sewer Mix: Good on Bears

Warbirds need the full fury because of the m/s. If they can't use their skills. They are dead. +4 dodge isn't very significant.

Ellyidol
04-05-2011, 10:36 PM

Warbirds need the full fury because of the m/s. If they can't use their skills. They are dead. +4 dodge isn't very significant.

I'd follow this setup.

I have no clue on bird's needed MS, 6 for a bear is just perfect, so just assumed 12/18 was good enough :P

Zeus
04-05-2011, 10:37 PM
I'd follow this setup.

I have no clue on bird's needed MS, 6 for a bear is just perfect, so just assumed 12/18 was good enough :P

Ya, we need at least 18 m/s to keep our mana bar from dropping.

giayuan
04-05-2011, 11:05 PM
Ya, we need at least 18 m/s to keep our mana bar from dropping.

18?! lol... i had 4 when i leveled from 51-55.

JaytB
04-05-2011, 11:32 PM
Personally I use a mix of royal sewer (helm and armor) and fury. It's the best combination for roundups or tough boss fights IMO. All the other times I use fortified because of the higher (skill) dmg. Fortified will do for roundups too, you'll only be stopped in your path more and use a bit more health pots. If you get stopped on a multiple exploding fire crate, you risk being wiped out though. I understand fortified doesn't receive much love around here, but me and some other friends use it and we all like it a lot.

KaotiicxDream
04-05-2011, 11:49 PM
Whats the conclusion?

Sewer Plate + Sewer Helm + Fury Shield + Fury Sword?
or
Sewer Plate + Sewer Helm + Fury Shield + Fury Axe?
or
Full Fury (Fury Plate + Fury Helm + Fury Shield + Fury Sword)?

Nightarcher
04-05-2011, 11:53 PM
For a bird, 12 M/s is plenty. You won't run out in pvp (most important) and you'll have much reduced potion use in pve. The 4 dodge AND extra armor AND H/s does make a difference, as the M/s loss won't effect your ability to survive. The rest will. :)

Zeus
04-05-2011, 11:57 PM
For a bird, 12 M/s is plenty. You won't run out in pvp (most important) and you'll have much reduced potion use in pve. The 4 dodge AND extra armor AND H/s does make a difference, as the M/s loss won't effect your ability to survive. The rest will. :)

Your forgetting the set bonus though :D. I believe the h/s is lower in that set up. The armor is about the same, the 4+ dodge I didn't really notice while PvPing.

Nightarcher
04-06-2011, 12:08 AM
Your forgetting the set bonus though :D. I believe the h/s is lower in that set up. The armor is about the same, the 4+ dodge I didn't really notice while PvPing.

Both sets are about even, but I would say the the mix has an slight advantage. Both royal sewer items together have 6-10 greater armor, and with the dodge no matter how small, it's more useful than extra M/s. :)

Sky../
04-06-2011, 12:33 AM
Conclusion is it depends on your playstyle. And budget.

Whats the conclusion?

Sewer Plate + Sewer Helm + Fury Shield + Fury Sword?
or
Sewer Plate + Sewer Helm + Fury Shield + Fury Axe?
or
Full Fury (Fury Plate + Fury Helm + Fury Shield + Fury Sword)?

Nightarcher
04-06-2011, 01:24 AM
I'll just give my last small opinion on gear:

1. Full Fury or a mix with Royal Sewer is by far the best Warbird setup, because Warbirds are pointless if you don't have extreme survivability.

2. Paladins use fury, everyone knows this. It's literally built for them. They claim low damage balances it, but a 1h Gemstone Sword has the highest skill damage of ANY str weapon. It's bomb. All classes using str gear should use a 1h sword.

3. Bears-- I don't recommend more than one piece of fury, if any. It's just not built for bears, because you can mix and match gear like Bellows and Royal Sewer for higher dodge and armor, or for higher damage and crit. You don't need the M/s.

Genes
04-06-2011, 05:14 AM
Thanks guys. You just gave me an idea on what to look out for. Wish I was rich though. Lol

TofuGuy
04-06-2011, 10:24 AM

Agree to an extent. Fury minus helm with custom helm of persistance is better. Higher crit and hit %. Needed more. after 20m/s its really pointless for a warbird.

Benaorn
04-06-2011, 10:51 AM
Agree to an extent. Fury minus helm with custom helm of persistance is better. Higher crit and hit %. Needed more. after 20m/s its really pointless for a warbird.

It doesn't matter what you wear, you're still soft. Sorry I couldn't help myself, just had tofu for lunch ;).

TofuGuy
04-06-2011, 11:51 AM
It doesn't matter what you wear, you're still soft. Sorry I couldn't help myself, just had tofu for lunch ;).

Lol hehehe yes! Good stuff!

Lucance
04-06-2011, 03:04 PM
Personally I use a mix of royal sewer (helm and armor) and fury. It's the best combination for roundups or tough boss fights IMO. All the other times I use fortified because of the higher (skill) dmg. Fortified will do for roundups too, you'll only be stopped in your path more and use a bit more health pots. If you get stopped on a multiple exploding fire crate, you risk being wiped out though. I understand fortified doesn't receive much love around here, but me and some other friends use it and we all like it a lot.

Interesting point on fortified, for a normal bear build, obviously go sewer helm and plate (please let a sewer shield and sword make it in the update lol). Would fury sword plus fortified shield make sense? Not looking necesarily for the tankiest or highest dps build but like hate, one that makes you pretty well rounded overall and is low maintenance to boot.

Had otherwise been leaning towards squire sword and fury shield but wondering how that would compare...