PDA

View Full Version : Rogue Event aka Planar arena

geeman75
05-09-2015, 02:25 PM
Hi I was wondering if all my fellow Tanks were having the same bad luck as me in the Rogue event. I actually stood there for a solid hour watching rogue after rogue, and a sprinkling of a few mages come in and the leave. I had some demand for me to leave, and I was there first. Come on STS do something or just do away with all the classes but rogue. Really I love my tank but I'm tired of having to solo everything.

Gaua
05-09-2015, 02:30 PM
Yep you said it if you are a tank its almost impossible to find a party to run arena. Sts should do some more class balance.

geeman75
05-09-2015, 02:34 PM
Yep you said it if you are a tank its almost impossible to find a party to run arena. Sts should do some more class balance.
I couldn't agree more we are so under appreciated...

BlueSkied
05-09-2015, 03:53 PM
I'm a rogue but every run I've done since the event started has had a war in party.

geeman75
05-09-2015, 04:34 PM
I'm a rogue but every run I've done since the event started has had a war in party.
Well trust me u are the exception and thank you for show the warriors some kindness. [emoji2]

geeman75
05-09-2015, 04:38 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?p=2150967

See here is an example of what I'm talking about

JohnnyHardcore
05-09-2015, 05:08 PM
Lol sorry bro. It is faster. But note: I mentioned in the example party I was with two wars! xD

To clarify, I run with wars all the time. I like having tanks. But, and I don't think anyone can fault me on it, if I drop into a party of three rogues I will be quite happy to follow them around with heal, shield, curse and lightning.

geeman75
05-09-2015, 05:24 PM
Lol sorry bro. It is faster. But note: I mentioned in the example party I was with two wars! xD

To clarify, I run with wars all the time. I like having tanks. But, and I don't think anyone can fault me on it, if I drop into a party of three rogues I will be quite happy to follow them around with heal, shield, curse and lightning.
Bro I don't fault you at all. It's not your fault and your right it is quicker. I'm solely puting the blame on STS for letting my favorite class become absolute in the pve aspect of the game. It has been said to me many times go away your to weak to slow my damage is 390 and health 6000 dps over 500 now that's not bad as many I have seen but with rouge massive dps and mage aoe they just spam bosses, mobs and don't need us to hold agro like we were designed for. Anyhow my hopes is this thread will catch fire and STS will do something. I know they just gave us a token buff but trust me when I say its not nearly enough....

geeman75
05-09-2015, 05:59 PM
Please realize I am referring to PVE not PVP...

JohnnyHardcore
05-09-2015, 06:21 PM
Bro I don't fault you at all. It's not your fault and your right it is quicker. I'm solely puting the blame on STS for letting my favorite class become absolute in the pve aspect of the game. It has been said to me many times go away your to weak to slow my damage is 390 and health 6000 dps over 500 now that's not bad as many I have seen but with rouge massive dps and mage aoe they just spam bosses, mobs and don't need us to hold agro like we were designed for. Anyhow my hopes is this thread will catch fire and STS will do something. I know they just gave us a token buff but trust me when I say its not nearly enough....

well the sad part is that tanks now just don'thave adequate means to take aggro. Their aggro skills should create a stackable debuff on enemies to show their aggro level and make them more beneficial.

Not a debuff that mods stats or damage, but generates aggro per second. (Edit)

Oursizes
05-09-2015, 06:42 PM
Not all warriors are rejected from arena runs. For example, I have run with a few warriors during the event from my guild(the reason I said few is because we basically grab 4 players and go arena, not worrying to much of the combination). The tanks I've ran with from my guild hold aggro very well, actually. Many of them time their skills like cs and horn when boss faces the DPS and/or on red zone. Also, many of them use Axe, and the debuff helps the run to be faster and it saves ankhs with a warrior in party as well. Idk about others but personally id love to have a tank in my pt, as long as they tank well. This let's me focus on using my skills instead of spamming HP pots. When assembling a party for any elite run we don't reject any classes. Try joining guilds like <Enigmatic> or <Elite Runners>. There you should be able to find a team pretty well.

geeman75
05-09-2015, 08:07 PM
Not all warriors are rejected from arena runs. For example, I have run with a few warriors during the event from my guild(the reason I said few is because we basically grab 4 players and go arena, not worrying to much of the combination). The tanks I've ran with from my guild hold aggro very well, actually. Many of them time their skills like cs and horn when boss faces the DPS and/or on red zone. Also, many of them use Axe, and the debuff helps the run to be faster and it saves ankhs with a warrior in party as well. Idk about others but personally id love to have a tank in my pt, as long as they tank well. This let's me focus on using my skills instead of spamming HP pots. When assembling a party for any elite run we don't reject any classes. Try joining guilds like or . There you should be able to find a team pretty well.
Thanks bro I would love to run into more players like you. I may not be all mythic out but I do tank fairly well and those few who do run with me can contest to this. My main problem is the bias in trying to get a pug going anyhow thanks for the respect.

Wazakesy
05-09-2015, 08:23 PM
How bout making a waiting zone just like how we run off with PUGs on Planar Tombs. At least I could run with PUGs again...rather than waste time like 30mins screaming the guild chat Xd

Kyle Holmes
05-09-2015, 08:54 PM
I've only just started running arena and running with all DPS is less effective to me than having one tank in the party, I've only puged tho. I ran with a warrior that held the aggro perfect and the only time I died was the poison environment, that stuff gets crazy when it fills the room

sent from fritters beak

gumball3000
05-09-2015, 08:58 PM
I've only just started running arena and running with all DPS is less effective to me than having one tank in the party, I've only puged tho. I ran with a warrior that held the aggro perfect and the only time I died was the poison environment, that stuff gets crazy when it fills the room

sent from fritters beak

why would you want to take aggro of those arena bosses? 90% of their red zones one hit. And what will you do when you take aggro of an enraged boss, unless you are in pt with some good rogues you will come across stahl that will enrage 100% of the time and if you don't spam ankh fast enough it will reset. Arena is the worst place to be for a tank.

my score for arena as a tank is this: 3/10 would not do again.

geeman75
05-09-2015, 09:19 PM
why would you want to take aggro of those arena bosses? 90% of their red zones one hit. And what will you do when you take aggro of an enraged boss, unless you are in pt with some good rogues you will come across stahl that will enrage 100% of the time and if you don't spam ankh fast enough it will reset. Arena is the worst place to be for a tank.

You are making my point for me thank you... [emoji2]

Kyle Holmes
05-09-2015, 09:21 PM

Nooo I was on my rogue, haha wouldn't go in there with my tank, got 30 ankhs but I refuse to do arena even tho I've got no ankhs left on my rogue

sent from fritters beak

Zylx
05-09-2015, 09:30 PM
I actually prefer running with a warrior that knows what they're doing. I go through a lot less ankhs that way, so there is definitely a use for those big guys. You can look to the Elite Activists Club to find a party. Everyone requested to be on that list for a reason. Just shoot them a pm or a friend request in game and see if you can join them for a run :). The list is stickied in the general discussion section

ilhanna
05-10-2015, 01:13 AM
Well trust me u are the exception and thank you for show the warriors some kindness. [emoji2]

It's not an exception and we don't pt warriors out of kindness. Good warrior makes safer runs possible without significantly prolonging run time. Many average-geared rogue and mage prefer running with warrior, provided they are skilled and experienced, and I don't mean arcane. One of my go-to arena warriors is on icescales and a legendary shield weapon but he can hold aggro far far better than some of the better geared warriors I've run with. I only run arena with my rogue and 80% of the runs I have done three days into the event were with warriors and depending on boss/environment combo we are doing 8-10 minutes run 2-3 deaths a run for dps and 0-2 for the warrior. But no, I don't run with PUG warrior, on account that ankhs are too precious to gamble with warriors who run around killing me with proximity ring or whine for remap at the sight of enraging obelisk (actual experience with PUG warrior).

merch_master
05-10-2015, 05:08 AM

Stahl neednt enrage 100% of the time if you know how not to
Firstly, only kelvins
Secondly, only uncharged aim and nox from rogue, war needs to just heal initially
Soon enough; guy starts coming to the bottom end and war can use wind and smash( no axe)

merch_master
05-10-2015, 05:20 AM
I see a lot of people are misinformed about tanks and arena.
Yes a lot of people prefer 4 rogues; but right behind that is a 3 rogue 1 tank party preference
The problem isnt the uselessness of tanks; rather the ratio of 3:1.
We are the support class that is sadly been underskilled by STS ( need some buff skills guys!), it would be counterproductive having more than 1 support class per party
It does take me time to find a pt, but thats because all my usual runners are already in pts ( with a tank).
Tanks are NOT useless in arena, though their use is minimal.
Ankh-saving is a big part of tanking; i personally run at 6:30-8min with my favourite party ( shout out to super skilled "vietnam pro" rogues) and 8-10min with mixed pts so speed isnt that huge a factor either
This makes me want to make a tank guide for arena. Some bosses need a different way of holding aggro then others, while some almost cant be aggroed and its useless trying it against them.....mm i might make one

geeman75
05-10-2015, 07:06 AM
Yes a lot of people prefer 4 rogues; but right behind that is a 3 rogue 1 tank party preference
We are the support class that is sadly been underskilled by STS ( need some buff skills guys!), it would be counterproductive having more than 1 support class per party
It does take me time to find a pt, but thats because all my usual runners are already in pts ( with a tank).
Ankh-saving is a big part of tanking; i personally run at 6:30-8min with my favourite party ( shout out to super skilled "vietnam pro" rogues) and 8-10min with mixed pts so speed isnt that huge a factor either
This makes me want to make a tank guide for arena. Some bosses need a different way of holding aggro then others, while some almost cant be aggroed and its useless trying it against them.....mm i might make one
Thank you my whole point in making this thread was to point out that we aren't useless, and we do need some buffs to make us more of a productive unit. It's not just the arena I just picked it to make my stand is all. Ty for your suport. [emoji2]

Caabatric
05-10-2015, 10:55 AM
Yes, almost all my friends only play on their rogues now....

Kyle Holmes
05-10-2015, 11:13 AM
That would be good, I don't run arena with my warrior because no one wants someone that's just there to pratice since ankhs are so expensive

sent from fritters beak

Kakashis
05-10-2015, 12:53 PM
Yeah the problem isn't completing with warriors which I totally don't mind doing, but many other players that don't have warriors in the party are finishing arena between 5-6min. And the anks you save with warrior isn't much different, even the tank gets one hit. That's the issue here that STS needs to look at. I feel so bad for warriors. Most have already made a rogue.

I won't lie, I used to be a tank too and it's very hard. I've committed a couple of twink tanks and thank God they're somewhat op and desired at those levels. At endgame, your either a shield for rogues at pvp or get left out on runs.

Uninstalling
05-10-2015, 01:25 PM
I just hope sts would change the duration of the aggro from warriors to mobs/bosses abit longer.

Jazzi
05-10-2015, 02:22 PM
Warriors dont slow the party that much. I had quite a few runs with warriors this weekend and we managed to finish arena in below 6 minutes almost every time. The problem is, imho, that even the warriors who are very very well geared (missing only arcane ring) can get one hit. How come is that even possible?!?

Anyhow i do not mind running with experienced warriors ever. You are all very welcome in my pts. But I do agree that sts maybe should have made an event not in the only map that is only bosses and thus favors rogues, which were designed to cope with bosses.

Newcomx
05-11-2015, 04:13 AM
Yesterday when I randomly enter planar arena, most I see is Warr, Some Sorc, and rarely Rogue. Often find 2 warr in a run, then the other player leave map because too many warr. Even sometimes 3 warr. This can mean that too many warr in AL or not many player want warr in their party.

Fyrce
05-11-2015, 06:20 AM
I like having a warrior in the party but I've jumped in PUGs where there're 3 warriors and me. And all the new people coming in are also warriors...

So yeah, a few too many warriors there.

VenomsChaos
05-11-2015, 07:58 PM
+1000 to waiting zone idea. i was hoping it to.

And i really like 1 warrior 2 rogue partys. its more safety probably i ll die 0-1 time on avarage with 1 good war 2 good rogue.

i am mage and i think its hard to find a party for mages. atleast warrior can safe party. but mages with 1000 armor and low damages really hard to find a party.

just saying= a full mythic rogue party without damage kits can finish arena maybe in 6-7 min and not safety.

i am doing it 2 rogue + me = 8 min.
3 rogue + me = 8 min
2 rogue 2 mage = 8-9 min
2 rogue 1 war + me = 9 min pure safety

timings from my experience with allways same players (lucky me in my fl have 4-5 rogue when they are online + not busy i can get a party lol)
so timings not so big different but still almost imposible to find party for wars+mages