PDA

View Full Version : nuke mage aka glass mage

nickofthe303
04-05-2011, 03:30 PM
What is the best possible gear for a nuke mage?

Sky../
04-05-2011, 03:40 PM
Mega mage set with staff

Plasticuproject
04-05-2011, 03:43 PM
Hmmmm.......for 55-56 I like either the Mastermind staff set or a Lowman's Staff with Scrubber's cowl and robe. And add a crit ring too. They give good crit/hit/damage but leave you a little light on the armor side. So I usually use them for Stronghold round-ups and AO farming. Otherwise I use a MM staff or wand set.

KingFu
04-05-2011, 03:44 PM
Well, there are a few "best" nuke mage builds for gear.

One great combination is mastermind cowl and robe with a staff. Offering amazing hit and crit! Low survivability, and not quite the M/S you'd get from mega Mage, but if you want to nuke, that's a nice set up.

Another combination is mega mage robe, with mastermind gemstone cowl and staff. Mega mage robes gives you some more M/S along with more armor. Still with awesome hit and crit.

Full mega Mage works, it's damage boost helps a lot on spell damage and is definately a great choice to use with a staff as a set if you have the gold.

Another route you could takemadvantage, although it'd be pricey, would be a dex Mage with some int to raise spell damage and M/S with full sewer king, for the regen and awesome crit.

As for the staff, I prefer gem blast since it has AoE and the very small fire proc, but gemstone isn't a bad choice.

noneo
04-05-2011, 05:26 PM
If you are looking at MAX damage. Then go with the "orange" Scrapper's set. It gives you massive amounts of damage.

MM Set gives you a total of 209 damage (including the set bonus)
Scraper's Set gives you a total of 215 damage

Remember that base damage is directly responsible for skill damage. The higher the base, the harder your skills hit.

Also, you might not like the fact that both sets give 0 crit. But if you think about it, being a Nuke mage means you will be fully buffed while walking up to mobs. Doing so will give you 60 crit, which is a large amount. Sure others may add 15 crit or so, but you will lose your base damage which is important for your skill damage. It is up to you though. What's more important; guaranteed higher hits all of the time, or a possibility of double damage hits some of the time?

Throw on a Fine Crystal Ring of Bravery with +5 damage, and you are dealing some really good damage.

Keep in mind, the MM set offers MUCH more (in regards to M/S, Armor, etc.) and although it is not the max damage set, it does perform great in all other aspects of INT Mage-ing.

And like Mystic mentioned above, other sets can perform great if you mix and match, they just won't be the technical "Max Damage" set.

Major
04-05-2011, 10:44 PM
Lol well I'm just gonna say go full mega Mage.

Vallist
04-05-2011, 11:54 PM
you'll get 295 damage in total with buff, at lvl 56, full int, the 5 damage ring, and with mega gemstone staff set