PDA

View Full Version : Scammer!

azulflame
04-05-2011, 07:37 PM
Was just in FH, and there is someone offering to double your money. Didn't try it, and won't, but be on your gaurd when in the townes.

I'll post his details later

KingFu
04-05-2011, 07:39 PM
A lot of people are doing this, have been since the start of the game. If anyone is threatening to hack, or even saying they could/will, please report them, or better yet send a screenshot to support(at)spacetimestudios.com replacing"(at)" with "@"

Weobub07
04-05-2011, 07:41 PM
Don't i once got scammed for 200k so lessoned learned :(

Major
04-05-2011, 07:59 PM
Ya it sucks cuz the new players in the game usually have to learn the hard way. Scammers you really need to get a life, go do something with your thumbs if you have nothing better to do then scam ppl lol.

icantgetkills
04-05-2011, 08:01 PM
just prooves that runescape players are moving to PL to attempt to scam -________________- that sucks!

giayuan
04-05-2011, 08:32 PM
dude.. just give him 1 gold. And of course hes gonna have 2 gold. Take it and say thanks LOL

Justg
04-05-2011, 08:39 PM
We'll ban them. Permanently. Just email us their name, no screens necessary.

giayuan
04-05-2011, 08:42 PM

:O I like it Lil' G :cool:

Plasticuproject
04-05-2011, 08:52 PM

That man right there means business!!!

azulflame
04-05-2011, 11:50 PM
I need to get him off my ignore list, and a few noobs are following suit with the scam.

Iamthwee. Didn't get his helper, tho. Someone was giving him credability by saying that what he did actually worked.

In the log, search for "report" and "saulaocapary"(me) and maybe "scam" and you can find a few more names. (All in forest haven town)

BTW, instead of the @ logo in the mailto:fake@email.com, replace it with mailto:support&64spacetime studios. That replaces the @ with the &64, which has the same effect, but reduces the likelihood that a bot will add it to a spam list.

Slush
04-06-2011, 12:33 AM
oh come on, perm ban? at least let him off with a warning-1 week ban maybe

JaytB
04-06-2011, 12:42 AM
I had to learn the hard way too :( only lost 38k then though. He made me believe I did a bargain and I gave him all of my gold I had at the time (a measly 38k)... For a 4k item :(

I agree that there should be a zero-tolerance towards these kinds of practices and it's clear the devs want to give out this signal too. A game should be fun and people shouldn't have to worry about being scammed all the time. There will always be scammers, but a clear signal of permanent ban possibility should make any scammer think twice. And they can always make a new account and start with a clean sleight.

Slush
04-06-2011, 01:48 AM
I had to learn the hard way too :( only lost 38k then though. He made me believe I did a bargain and I gave him all of my gold I had at the time (a measly 38k)... For a 4k item :(

I agree that there should be a zero-tolerance towards these kinds of practices and it's clear the devs want to give out this signal too. A game should be fun and people shouldn't have to worry about being scammed all the time. There will always be scammers, but a clear signal of permanent ban possibility should make any scammer think twice. And they can always make a new account and start with a clean sleight.

no you cant, if been temp-banned a couple times before and while you are banned, all devices that you have used to log in before are banned and you are unable to do anything. idk maybe they have changed now

edit: 500th post!

Ellmyster
04-06-2011, 11:17 AM
I sent a characters name for this to someone and nothing happened I guess it was my own fault for being greedy

azulflame
04-06-2011, 05:37 PM
I got lucky, and read about the scams in forums before i found any in-game. still, I am also wary for those in RL

red
04-06-2011, 06:45 PM
hey guys i found another form of scamming the other day, a low level in the auction house was saying something about buying the lv 5 custom armor ( don't know name ) for a bird, saying he had bought lots of gold via platinum and didn't know how to use CS (paraphrasing) of course the armor was about 200k overpriced, but he was offering an additional 100k if u bought it for him. obviously this was just an alternate account of his, and was planning of backing out at the las min, taking his 200k profit. i confronted him about his stupid scam but i don't remember if i reported him. this one was easy to spot tho.. if someone asks u something similar look at the situation first.

azulflame
04-06-2011, 07:17 PM
btw, red, nice sig. need a scanner to read it, tho (Barcode Scanner for Android

red
04-06-2011, 07:23 PM
its my characters lol, thought it would be more fun to do it this way