PDA

View Full Version : CLICK HERE if you've been BANNED, SCAMMED, or seen any BAD BEHAVIOR in-game

Physiologic
04-05-2011, 09:10 PM
Please do NOT make a new thread regarding any of these things. Nothing will be done on the forums if you make a thread.

Instead, e-mail support[at]spacetimestudios.com, replacing the [at] with @. Be sure to include the offensive character's name in the e-mail as well as your own character's name. The developers will look into the chat history of the offender and deliver them swift justice. If you're banned, they will give you the reason why you were banned and how long the ban will exist.

If necessary, please include screenshots if you can.

To take a screenshot on an iPhone/iPad/iPod: Press and hold the Home button and Power button at the same time.

To take a screenshot on a Droid-based phone: Download and install the app 'ShootMe (https://market.android.com/details?id=com.bw.picme.local)' in the Droid Market. It's completely free of charge. Some phones may need to be rooted for this application to work.

'Bad behavior' suitable to report may consist of the following (but is not limited to): Scamming, excessive cursing, sexual misconduct, and racism.

Remember that NOTHING will be done if you create a thread on the forums about bans and bad behavior. Everyone will tell you the same thing and it will most likely be locked. Just e-mail support[at]spacetimestudios.com, replacing the [at] with @.

Ladylove
04-05-2011, 09:12 PM
+10 charm.

Rebel
04-05-2011, 09:14 PM
Nice idea Phys. If this is stickied, it should begin to get rid of the cluttering on the forums.

Ladylove
04-05-2011, 09:16 PM
Sigh, I'm gonna miss the repetative angry threads.

Major
04-05-2011, 09:20 PM
Nice, hopefully this will clear up forums a bit lol.

Conradin
04-05-2011, 09:20 PM
10+ player points

RueMorgue
04-05-2011, 09:24 PM
This thread offends me in some way.....consider yourself reported. (Lol)

Moogerfooger
04-05-2011, 09:42 PM
Already a three week old "i gotz banned 4 no reezon' thread has been necroposted since you posted this Phys. Good luck. Hopefully will get a sticky.

+10 adult beverages for effort.

Zeus
04-05-2011, 09:51 PM
Already a three week old "i gotz banned 4 no reezon' thread has been necroposted since you posted this Phys. Good luck. Hopefully will get a sticky.

Mooger, May I still just 1 of those adult beverages from you :D. I swear! I'm 21!

karmakali
04-05-2011, 10:00 PM
How long do you think it will take for this thread to be flooded with "I got banned for NO REASON!"/ "Someone scammed me!"/" My account got hacked" posts from people who read the title only and bypass the remainder of your opening statement?

Remember....there is no vaccine against stupidity.

Ladylove
04-05-2011, 10:06 PM
How long do you think it will take for this thread to be flooded with "I got banned for NO REASON!"/ "Someone scammed me!"/" My account got hacked" posts from people who read the title only and bypass the remainder of your opening statement?

Lmao I was wondering when someone would post a screenshot of a scam... COME TO THIS THREAD TO POST YOUR WHINING.

Frenzyn
04-05-2011, 10:40 PM
Your not the only one whos tired of the crap on the forums xD

Ayrilana
04-05-2011, 11:02 PM
+10 charm.

Come on now. Don't be stingy with the charm points! :p

Ladylove
04-05-2011, 11:03 PM
Come on now. Don't be stingy with the charm points! :p

Haha ok, ok. 30 charm.

giayuan
04-05-2011, 11:04 PM
Aw.. I liked those threads, they were hilarious xD

Ayrilana
04-05-2011, 11:04 PM
Haha ok, ok. 30 charm.

That's better! :D

Ladylove
04-05-2011, 11:06 PM
That's better! :D

Sigh, the things I do for you people ;)

Ayrilana
04-05-2011, 11:11 PM
Sigh, the things I do for you people ;)

But that's why you're so awesome though

Ladylove
04-05-2011, 11:13 PM
But that's why you're so awesome though

Awww I'm awesome? Yay! Must be part of my charm.

KaotiicxDream
04-05-2011, 11:19 PM
What the..? That must be the wrong way this thread turned into.. lol
Ladylove u r awesome ;-) xD

Ladylove
04-05-2011, 11:20 PM
What the..? That must be the wrong way this thread turned into.. lol
Ladylove u r awesome ;-) xD

I think I derailed another thread...

davidis57
04-06-2011, 01:09 AM
sticky this

UniitsHD
04-06-2011, 01:22 AM
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

davidis57
04-06-2011, 01:30 AM
I guess he did not read the first post. A few hours old is this thread and the award for moron of the day is given out.

Leiver
04-06-2011, 01:43 AM
Good thread, and so true.

You are absolutely right that nothing will be done about bad behaviour etc by simply posting on the forum, such a waste of time.

Ironically I'm quite embarrassed to say I actually got scammed yesterday, a rare thing for me, must have let my guard down. Oh well never mind, no hard feelings, just a child's way of making himself feel big and clever, good luck to him :)

Corpser
04-06-2011, 02:30 AM
you know some things do get seen by the devs and the person can get banned tankaar is a prime example ellidoll made a post on him scamming so devs flagged his acc

UniitsHD
04-06-2011, 03:27 AM
Nobody trusts me unless my friends. :(

Corpser
04-06-2011, 05:17 AM
um id delete those posts

UniitsHD
04-06-2011, 05:23 AM
How do you delete my posts?? Or you mean I should delete it??

RedRyder
04-06-2011, 09:16 AM
What if.... Its for comedic purposes? :D I agree with you but I'll miss the funny ones lol

Echelong
04-06-2011, 09:24 AM

Moog you have to share those... man making me thirsty slobbering like a dog while I'm at work...I'm gonna have a serious talk with my boss about adult beverages at work.

BTW Hope the thread works Phys.

FluffNStuff
04-06-2011, 10:03 AM

A syringe full of air is quite effective, actually ;)

superglut2
04-06-2011, 01:51 PM
shouldbe sticky. or we shouldmake an extra section for the forum.

Moogerfooger
04-06-2011, 01:54 PM
A syringe full of air is quite effective, actually ;)

I like how you think :D

Raazesk
04-06-2011, 02:40 PM
Hey,
I got reported. I'm just wondering if I'll get a strike or a demerit or something.

I don't think I did anything wrong, here's what happened:
Him: *inappropriate comments)
Me: I will report you if you keep talking like that.
Him: *insults me*
Me: Reported.
Him: 2 can play at that game
Me: What game?
Him: I reported you
Me: Why?
Him: I don't like your holier than thou attitude
Me: I didn't mean to offend you man. There's kids here and they don't need to hear that. And that's no reason to report me.
Him: *leaves*
(Quoted as best as I could remember)

Thanks.

Zeus
04-06-2011, 02:42 PM
Hey,
I got reported. I'm just wondering if I'll get a strike or a demerit or something.

Me: I didn't mean to offend you man. There's kids here and they don't need to hear that. And that's no reason to report me.

Thanks.

Don't worry about it. It sounds like you handled the situation quite maturely. Anyways, when you hit the report button on a player. Your and his chat logs are monitored and recorded for a period of 24 hours or so. So, they know when you didn't do anything wrong and got a false report.

Echelong
04-06-2011, 02:42 PM
Hey,

Thanks.

When devs check the chat he will likely be the one banned. The check how things happened before a ban.

Raazesk
04-06-2011, 02:49 PM
That's a releif. Thank you!

Physiologic
04-06-2011, 03:09 PM
Hey,

Thanks.

What the REPORT button in-game does is put offenders on a queue so that the devs can pick them off one-by-one. For severely offensive material (like racism and sexual harassment) it's best to just e-mail them, as they are able to check e-mails much faster.

Moogerfooger
04-06-2011, 04:28 PM
What the REPORT button in-game does is put offenders on a queue so that the devs can pick them off one-by-one. For severely offensive material (like racism and sexual harassment) it's best to just e-mail them, as they are able to check e-mails much faster.

When this has happened to me a couple of times, I just hit the reported button....no need to tell them you reported them, generally speaking...it'll help keep them from wasting the dev's time looking at the innocent party's logs as well :D

Raazesk
04-06-2011, 07:52 PM
Thanks, that makes sense.

Frenzyn
04-06-2011, 08:48 PM
I might miss the "someone scammed me 0mg8832 omg bnaaann his booty!!!!! hizz usrnaem is iarnotscammin BAN HIS BUTT!!!!"
but likewise said, yeah, sticky this thread definitely.

Ellyidol
04-07-2011, 12:06 AM
Would emailing reports that aren't really extreme cases (sexist, racist, etc) be alright?

Take PvP matches for example, someone on the opposite team could be cursing, etc, but no way to report them via the report button. Valid to email to support?

Physiologic
04-07-2011, 02:15 AM
Would emailing reports that aren't really extreme cases (sexist, racist, etc) be alright?

Take PvP matches for example, someone on the opposite team could be cursing, etc, but no way to report them via the report button. Valid to email to support?

Everyone, including me, slips the occasional "oh ****" when something bad happens (no one's perfect) but I think a reportable offense would be excessive cursing or cursing meant to intentionally harm someone else. In the court of law they call it "intentional infliction of emotional distress," which does include words and which IS a punishable offense that goes beyond the freedom of speech. After all, if someone dropped 20 f-bombs on you because you killed them 20 times, they may drop 50 f-bombs to 50 different people. Better to stop the chain right there in the beginning, eh? :)

Ellyidol
04-07-2011, 02:27 AM
Everyone, including me, slips the occasional "oh ****" when something bad happens (no one's perfect) but I think a reportable offense would be excessive cursing or cursing meant to intentionally harm someone else. In the court of law they call it "intentional infliction of emotional distress," which does include words and which IS a punishable offense that goes beyond the freedom of speech. After all, if someone dropped 20 f-bombs on you because you killed them 20 times, they may drop 50 f-bombs to 50 different people. Better to stop the chain right there in the beginning, eh? :)

Agree, that's what I meant, my bad.

Occasional slip is fine for me, same here, after a grate that just one shots me.. especially when its not lit.

I get it though, thanks :)

Corpser
04-07-2011, 02:33 AM

yes you can report via button type /report (name)

Ellyidol
04-07-2011, 02:41 AM
yes you can report via button type /report (name)

Didn't know that, thanks.

Corpser
04-07-2011, 02:59 AM
Didn't know that, thanks.

glad i could be of asistance

LIGHTNINGLORD67
04-08-2011, 02:30 AM
Sigh, I'm gonna miss the repetative angry threads.

Lmao.

/10

Fatpigwarrior
04-08-2011, 03:54 AM
scammed of a fury plate and a jacob void helm along with 45k