PDA

View Full Version : Archer Solo-ing the Overlord?

Duped
04-05-2011, 10:37 PM
I've seen it done very effectively by a level 53 before, and not so effectively by a 56 :).

Could someone explain to me how an archer can solo him? I'm working on leveling my archer, and this is exactly the kind of thing I'd like to do.

hawkei
04-05-2011, 10:43 PM
It's been down lots of times.
#1 pot defense and strength
#2 spam your health pots :D
#3 only blast shot when his shield goes up
And you might want to try to clear the mini bosses first without luring overlord

Arterra
04-05-2011, 10:55 PM
Str birds can laugh now.

Slush
04-05-2011, 11:08 PM
i soloed ol when ao3 first came out and i was lvl 46 str bird not that hard

Arterra
04-05-2011, 11:10 PM
i soloed ol when ao3 first came out and i was lvl 46 str bird not that hard

Legit considering that was before any nerf/ extra hp / stat changes. Or maybe that helped since gear was overpowered/skills had a kick... Evasion was bigger right?

EpuYue
04-05-2011, 11:15 PM
It's not difficult to solo OL.. just do it like hawk said, although i usually only use defense pot.. just takes slightly longer.

Slush
04-06-2011, 12:31 AM
Legit considering that was before any nerf/ extra hp / stat changes. Or maybe that helped since gear was overpowered/skills had a kick... Evasion was bigger right?

yea evasion was 50 dodge, as well as focus being 50crit

Tamino
04-06-2011, 09:42 AM

I confirm all three (I found a little less expensive to use Attack Elixir instead of more health pots because of the longer fight). I suggest to use rythmical health pot tapping (about one per 1.5 seconds), it helps to keep concentrated on attack. Trigger Focus and Evade as soon as available, they are really effective.

It seems to me that Blast Shot used in Cruel Blast combo (Shattering Scream followed by Blast Shot) fails to knock down the OL shield, so I avoid that combo.

As a level 51 Hybrid Bird with Sunblessed Void set, it tooks about 1-1.5 minutes to kill OL (in VL map, that is without accompaining Lorekeepers). It is very funny.

TofuGuy
04-06-2011, 10:22 AM
Ignore everything and spam. This why I didn't like AO3 boses minus gurgox, no skill needed.

Wbto-Angeluscustos
04-06-2011, 10:25 AM
It's been down lots of times.
And you might want to try to clear the mini bosses first without luring overlord

yeah what he said lmoa

Duped
04-14-2011, 11:46 AM
Well, this was a nice day for me. I just timed my solo kill of the OL and it was 1:45 with damage and tank pot (this is with GCD too). I know I can do better, but it's still gratifying :) (Level 50 too btw).

I'm wondering if the SB bow will drop him faster. Next time I will try it with the damage ring on and see what difference it makes. Anyhow, just thought I'd share.

spookytooth
04-15-2011, 08:32 AM
Nice bird work, ive solod on my bear by spammin health pots, usin damage elixir, and beckoning and stomping him around the barrels to bust shield took forever tho :) good work

Joshooaaa
04-15-2011, 06:08 PM
I was do excited the first time I soloed OL, after my group died and they watched me do it... Then I found out everybody has done it.... :( way to steal my thunder, everyone!

Duped
04-15-2011, 06:54 PM
Everybody hasn't done it. Lots of birds are still clueless about how to beat him. I never cease to be amazed at the understanding some over level 50 still don't have. I look at the OL the same way I looked at playing in Frozen Nightmares. Learning to succeed there helps be better all around.

Corpser
04-15-2011, 06:55 PM
i soloed took about 10 mins on him biggest pl aceivment i reckon

unless you can solo bandit king and queen

or solo gobling king

if u can do that you are a legend and i will put your name in my sig saying your a legend.

EpuYue
04-15-2011, 07:03 PM
I'm a little surprised many high lvl birds don't know what to do with OL. For me it feels kinda nice when I'm the only one left standing in the end after I've beaten him. ;)

Ayrilana
04-15-2011, 09:20 PM
i soloed took about 10 mins on him biggest pl aceivment i reckon

unless you can solo bandit king and queen

or solo gobling king

if u can do that you are a legend and i will put your name in my sig saying your a legend.

Bandit queen/king is easy. Mages can do it and quite a few birds can. Beating goblin king would be the real challenge but I'm sure a bird could do it.

Duped
04-16-2011, 11:44 PM
I'm a little surprised many high lvl birds don't know what to do with OL. For me it feels kinda nice when I'm the only one left standing in the end after I've beaten him. ;)

My sentiments exactly!

Rusalio
04-16-2011, 11:49 PM
Hahhaha totally know the feeling? I've soloed since 48 or so... Armor pot and spam hp as necessary.

superglut2
04-17-2011, 01:58 AM
Solod ol with lvl 55 sent tslon set dmg / def pot.