PDA

View Full Version : What combo is this?

Ellyidol
04-06-2011, 08:00 AM
Been trying to look for a possible documentation already, but can't seem to find one.

Using a gemstone wand.

I was normal attacking a low level boss, and when I used either Weakness/Nightmare, the "COMBO" sign came up.

Gemstone has a weakness proc right?

I'm not sure if it was because the weapon proc'd while the mob had weakness, or the proc was there and I used Nightmare.

Edit:

Tried more, I'm almost sure its Weakness that causes the combo.

JaytB
04-06-2011, 08:06 AM
Yes, it's weakness that makes the combo with the gemstone wand possible. It happens quite often if you watch closely. You typically hear your Mage 'scream' I believe.

I think it's a 'drain life' proc, not 100% sure though.

Edit: just tested it.. It's drain life alright. You can see the words 'drained' appear over the enemies' head :)

Edit2: not sure about the correct name for it. Might be called weakness proc after all *scratches head* o.O

Ellyidol
04-06-2011, 08:09 AM
Ah, but the gemstone wand in itself still has the Nightmare proc right?

What does this combo do, just another roll of damage? Or is there additional effects?

Edit:

Yeah now I notice, the moment the Proc+Weakness combo happens, the same scream as the Nightmare scream happens.

Does this mean that the gemstone proc only works with weakness used with it?

romgar1
04-06-2011, 08:13 AM
Ellyidol, you should search physiologics threads on bs wands or just ask him. He told me something about that prod very early on. By now he has figured it all out. Phys nick name should be Mr wand but I call him fizz.

Ellyidol
04-06-2011, 08:15 AM
Ellyidol, you should search physiologics threads on bs wands or just ask him. He told me something about that prod very early on. By now he has figured it all out. Phys nick name should be Mr wand but I call him fizz.

I'll look for that thread, never realised he got into wands!

JaytB
04-06-2011, 08:16 AM
As far as I know it only procs with weakness yes.

As for what it does, I'm not 100% clear about this. I know it takes away life from an enemy, so yeah, basically extra damage. I'm not sure if it refills your own life with or not though. I'm also not sure about the exact amount of dmg added, but it seems really noticeable.

Edit: as it looks with my limited brain-cell capacity and testing, it just does extra dmg.

Echelong
04-06-2011, 08:19 AM
Isn't it the same combo as the bear/mage one? Maybe thats the one not sure though.

Ellyidol
04-06-2011, 08:20 AM
I see.

I was under the impression that the Gemstone Wand just procs Nightmare through normal attacks, guess I was wrong.

So when it does do this combo, it does the extra roll of attack + the Nightmare proc right? Is it level 5 Nightmare?

JaytB
04-06-2011, 08:22 AM
Isn't it the same combo as the bear/mage one? Maybe thats the one not sure though.

Yes it is. nightmare/hellscream I believe.

Edit: you can see the 'shadow faces' when proc or combo is performed.

MITSUISUN
04-06-2011, 03:11 PM
Elf has this one down. I asked the same question the other night when I was watching him solo Gold Fever. The minute I saw "Combo" appeared I was like hmm, I thought boss cant Hot Flash and mage has no other combo when solo. He was in full MM wand/bracer set. So I think it's just like what others have said.

Though it's hard to tell what lv it the proc is. Perhaps I will pvp to test and find out, among of other things I am looking to test.

drewcapu
04-06-2011, 04:40 PM
You're gonna laugh when you click this:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?20176-Drained-Mage-Execute

WhoIsThis
04-06-2011, 06:58 PM
It is very similar to the execute proc in bears. Cast weakness and there is a chance that the weapon will re-roll, at which point the word "combo" will flash. Also all gemstone wands do have the nightmare proc as you pointed out, even the yellow ones. All in all, 2 nice procs on top of the damage. As others have pointed out, expect to see the shadow face when the proc goes up.

Very much like how you see the word "smash" however over the target when you beckon and stomp, you will see the word "drained" when the proc activates.

Edit: It is basically like a combo in that you get a re-roll of your damage like any combo would, hence the flashing combo when it activates.