PDA

View Full Version : Identifying people on ignore list etc.

drewcapu
04-06-2011, 10:40 AM
If you're in a dungeon or towne and you see someone on your ignore list, you should be able to identify them easier.

Suggestions:
- a very different colored triangle
- a toon that appears slightly translucent or something
- a name text that is a different color

I sometimes give people on my ignore list a second chance, especially if I happen to join a run they are in. In a couple instances, I've even ended up friending that person.

With that said, is there any logic for also making it so that someone on your ignore list cannot join a run that you are currently in, especailly if you are hosting? I haven't really bothered trying to test if this already happens.

Arterra
04-06-2011, 10:44 AM
GENIOUS. absolutely awesome.

I hate imprint spammers, since they are after all just trying to make cash.
Being able to tell if I am running with some of the exceptions of my policy and giving a actual chance... Priceless.

Wbto-Angeluscustos
04-06-2011, 10:47 AM
yeah i think this is a good idea.. it would be sweet..

StompArtist
04-06-2011, 10:49 AM
I'd rather they disappeared entirely!

Benaorn
04-06-2011, 10:58 AM

Agree!!! People on my ignore list are those that boot for no reason or for dumb reasons. Just say full and I'll leave right away. Anyway great idea Drew.

KaotiicxDream
04-06-2011, 11:00 AM
I love this suggestion ;-)

Arterra
04-06-2011, 11:01 AM
If you can't see them how can you know they are there and leave :/

giayuan
04-06-2011, 08:34 PM
This is awesome! Hats off to you bro :D

Addicted
04-07-2011, 11:48 AM

If they all dissapeared, it would probably seem like I am the only one in towne most of the time... My ignore list is rediculously long!

I am probably to quick to ignore spammers, bad language, boot without giving a reason, calling me a noob, hitting the 'trade' button 18 times while I walk through town, beggars, and on and on and on... I have even moved people from my friends list to ignore because they constantly spam invites 20 time a minute while I'm farming somewhere else.

Most I don't even remeber why I added them to my ignore list, but many I would give a second chance if I realized I like playing with them.

Awesome idea, I love it.

superss
04-07-2011, 11:52 AM
i think they should be transparent.

Jinlac
04-07-2011, 12:29 PM
i think they should be transparent.

I don't think that would work very well since the opacity on my minimap is already kinda low^^ Or do you mean their characters should b transparent?

csb
06-29-2011, 05:02 PM
Changes I would like to see for ignore:

(1) Grey out the character so i recognize them when they walk around.
(2) Put an asterisk (*) at the end of their names so that when they join the group I don't have to wait to see them (i may be halfway into a level).
(3) Ignore should also delete the zone-wide spamming white text. This can get rid of the spamming.
(4) Do it for all characters on the account. Sometimes people beg or act nasty with a low level alt.
(5) Have the devs make a script to count how many ignores that players have to see the top 10 list of ignored people, for example. Then monitor the chat from those people.
(6) Let me enter some text in my ignore list entries so i can remember why i added each player to the ignored list. (also, add text to friends list so i can remember family and co-workers)

TANKKAAR
06-29-2011, 05:28 PM
I recently counted my ignore list....hahahhahahahahaha

96 pages of ignored players
x 4 players per page
---------------
= 384 mimes :)

All of these players were ignored for the following:
-Spamming Sales (hunzzz you have been really close to joining them....lol)
-Being Lude, Crude, or Rude
-Starting Fights
-Spam Trading
-Or I simply dislike that person in general

Wow, Balefort is such a quit place for me :)
But YES! I love the idea of being able to identify a muted player without clicking on them!! Great IDEA!!!

MoarPewPew
06-29-2011, 05:29 PM
If you're in a dungeon or towne and you see someone on your ignore list, you should be able to identify them easier.

Suggestions:
- a toon that appears slightly translucent or something
- a name text that is a different color

I sometimes give people on my ignore list a second chance, especially if I happen to join a run they are in. In a couple instances, I've even ended up friending that person.

With that said, is there any logic for also making it so that someone on your ignore list cannot join a run that you are currently in, especailly if you are hosting? I haven't really bothered trying to test if this already happens.

Since someone bumped this thread I should say YES!!! Implement this in game! Its a great idea. + 10 Pew Points

Weak_Sauce
07-02-2011, 12:23 PM
Love it, I want

ZeraJade
07-02-2011, 03:26 PM

Suggestions:

Npc/signs are dark blue.
Players are regular blue.
Friends are pink.
Portals are yellow.
Mobs are red.
(I miss anything?)

Ignores could be green.

Great (old) suggestion! My ignore list is cleared often despite spammers. If I leave my ignore list filled 1) conversations don't make a lick of sense and 2) generally those spammers go on to say other extremely inappropriate things for which reporting is useful.

superglut2
07-04-2011, 08:26 AM
lle tje different name color

drewcapu
08-19-2011, 10:03 AM
Samhayne told me to bump this thread.

Whatyouwill
08-19-2011, 10:33 AM
I assumed that when I hit the ignore button that:

I would not hear anything said to the world or by pm by that person,
I would not appear in an instance ig that contained that person & they would not appear in one in which I was playing.

There are so many people in the game that no matter how long my ignore list is there will still be people with whom to play. If I have ignored someone it is because I don't want to deal with them. They get their first, second & third chances before I ignore. Once that button is pressed I am saying 'this person's usage offends me,' or 'this person does not understand how to play the game & refuses to acknowledge the needs of the team.' (Perhaps it is more diplomatic to say 'the playing style of this person does not match up with mine.')

Register
08-19-2011, 10:51 AM
my ignore list has only ZEWRO people lol....i gues i fail? I usually delete them after a few days because I never see em again xD

Tamino
08-19-2011, 11:11 AM
My ignore lists are empty, because I ALWAYS give ppl another chance. Welcome to this proposal, then! The ignore list will have an use, at the end!