PDA

View Full Version : Rogue skill Aimed Shot

Eldorado
05-10-2015, 09:00 AM
Dead Focus: Your critical chance is increased by 10% for 5 secs after using a charged Aimed Shot

Note: it is increasing even not charged. Rogue's are imbalance already having 15% deduction to armor with 250% crit. Having +20% to +30% added crit chance by spamming aimed shot is totally an over kill. A maxed rogue can get up to 50% crit chance with this it can reach 80%?

Wazakesy
05-10-2015, 09:12 AM
Dead Focus: Your critical chance is increased by 10% for 5 secs after using a charged Aimed Shot

Note: it is increasing even not charged. Rogue's are imbalance already having 15% deduction to armor with 250% crit. Having +20% to +30% added crit chance by spamming aimed shot is totally an over kill. A maxed rogue can get up to 50% crit chance with this it can reach 80%?

this has been around for years. And fyi, when a shuyal wolf does his debuff, my crit goes to -981%. If i use aimed, it becomes -991%. It increments, doesnt do the addition thing...

CheifR
05-12-2015, 02:19 AM

Are you new to this? A rogue's damage is reduced in pvp and I doubt there's a reason to complain about pve here so there's no problem

Madnex
05-12-2015, 05:37 AM
http://i.imgur.com/DrAfAdM.png

Guys, don't rush him.

He has a point. It is true that is that in the upgrade's description, it says that the critical buff is applied for charged Aimed Shot. At the moment, what happens is that the buff is applied for uncharged ones too so it can stack to a permanent +20% critical that frequently spikes to +30%. If it worked as described it would be +10% permanent that spikes to +20%, not so frequently.

The problem is that pretty much in every current timed run on the leaderboards (which is of course dominated by rogues), there's been heavy skill spamming to keep the crit buff and DPS as high as possible. Correcting this bug would primarily nerf PvE rogues (which is fine by me because it'll take more than simple button mashing to deal good DPS) but maybe not something that can happen right now.

I'll add it up.

Ghoul
05-12-2015, 06:47 AM
Bugs, bugs, and more bugs...

STS squash 'em plox

Maunyabastian
05-12-2015, 08:21 AM
http://i.imgur.com/DrAfAdM.png

Guys, don't rush him.

He has a point. It is true that is that in the upgrade's description, it says that the critical buff is applied for charged Aimed Shot. At the moment, what happens is that the buff is applied for uncharged ones too so it can stack to a permanent +20% critical that frequently spikes to +30%. If it worked as described it would be +10% permanent that spikes to +20%, not so frequently.

The problem is that pretty much in every current timed run on the leaderboards (which is of course dominated by rogues), there's been heavy skill spamming to keep the crit buff and DPS as high as possible. Correcting this bug would primarily nerf PvE rogues (which is fine by me because it'll take more than simple button mashing to deal good DPS) but maybe not something that can happen right now.

I'll add it up.

Off-topic:
Happy 3000th post!

Eldorado
05-12-2015, 09:17 AM
I am not telling that the crit buff should not stack. I just wanted to point out that the description says "charged" aimed shot will have a crit buff but that is not what's happening, the crit buff activates even when not charged. So this one is a bug and not what it supposed to be.

here is my statement a while ago.

I already underlined the important part for people who don't read the post carefully.

Zeus
05-12-2015, 03:47 PM
If it's a bug and should be fixed, but then the damage nerf on rogues in PvP should be removed or lessened as well considering it was made w/ all these factors in place

Ghoul
05-12-2015, 09:31 PM
It's a bug and should be fixed, but then the damage nerf on rogues in PvP should be removed or lessened as well considering it was made w/ all these factors in place.

Removed? Sorry, no. We all know how much damage top geared rogues can reach outside of PvP.

-5% damage nerf sounds fair enough. It will still override the pet buff and also reduce rogue's damage output slightly. And the pet buff should be overridden. 800 DMG in PvP? No thanks.

Then again STS probably won't even see this thread so never mind lol.

Zeus
05-12-2015, 10:19 PM
Removed? Sorry, no. We all know how much damage top geared rogues can reach outside of PvP.

-5% damage nerf sounds fair enough. It will still override the pet buff and also reduce rogue's damage output slightly. And the pet buff should be overridden. 800 DMG in PvP? No thanks.

Then again STS probably won't even see this thread so never mind lol.

Pick your poison.

I was the first to advocate sorcerer buffs in light of rogues being OP. All suggestions made were due to current state of rogues. So, if they are going to do this, then the sorcerer shield buffs including the increased damage absorption should be re-adjusted because all of those changes were made based off how OP rogues were.

So again, pick your poison.

Zeus
05-12-2015, 10:38 PM
Take a look at this thread. It specifically lists the charge and uncharged functions specific to the skill descriptions. I think what happened was that when the skill descriptions were updated for the rogue class, developers forgot to state that this upgrade applies to both charged and uncharged shots. It's been years since the skills were designed and quite possible that they forgot to mention that the upgrade also applies to a regular aimed shot as well.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?173415-Wiki-Skills&highlight=aimed+shot+deadly+focus

This thread as well.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?76873-Every-Skill-In-AL&highlight=Deadly+focus

Don't nerf me, bro!

Eldorado
05-13-2015, 12:45 AM
The developer should fix this because the description was very clear.

Zeus
05-13-2015, 12:48 AM
The developer should fix this because the description was very clear.

Is it? I just gave proof that it wasn't.

They updated descriptions to 2 year old skills. It's entirely plausible that they forgot the charged and uncharged benefits of the skill.

Eldorado
05-13-2015, 01:43 AM
Is it? I just gave proof that it wasn't.

They updated descriptions to 2 year old skills. It's entirely plausible that they forgot the charged and uncharged benefits of the skill.

The thing is, now this is the description and it is clear. But if a dev will confirm this and change it then it's fine. But for now it is a bug and a bug should be fix.

Zeus
05-13-2015, 03:18 AM
The thing is, now this is the description and it is clear. But if a dev will confirm this and change it then it's fine. But for now it is a bug and a bug should be fix.

A developer confirmation would be nice, agreed. And yes, I do agree it is a bug. The question is, is it a text based bug or a skill based bug? I choose to believe it is a text based bug due to descriptions that have been valid for two years. Those descriptions never once stated that AS would require to be charged.

Serancha
05-13-2015, 01:21 PM
I took screenshots of all the skills before they updated the skill descriptions. They said there would be no change to the actual function, just clarifying the description.

This means it is a description error, not a bug. Either that or it was done intentionally, so that this very thread would get made and rogues nerfed as a "bug" when it wasn't one.

Original Description. Ergo, it is working as originally described.

Zeus
05-13-2015, 01:27 PM
I took screenshots of all the skills before they updated the skill descriptions. They said there would be no change to the actual function, just clarifying the description.

This means it is a description error, not a bug. Either that or it was done intentionally, so that this very thread would get made and rogues nerfed as a "bug" when it wasn't one.

Original Description. Ergo, it is working as originally described.

Thank you, Serancha. This is exactly what I've been trying to say!

GG.

Fibus
05-13-2015, 03:28 PM
Serancha is correct. This is an error with the description. The upgrade works the same as it always has (on normal and charged Aimed Shots). It has already been fixed and will go out with this week's update. Sorry for the confusion.

Zeus
05-13-2015, 04:52 PM
Serancha is correct. This is an error with the description. The upgrade works the same as it always has (on normal and charged Aimed Shots). It has already been fixed and will go out with this week's update. Sorry for the confusion.

Thank you!

"Paper is fine. Nerf Rock." -Scissors

Eldorado
05-13-2015, 04:55 PM
Thanks for the clarification. :)

Zeus
05-13-2015, 04:57 PM
Thanks for the clarification. :)

Don't try to nerf rogues! We know our mechanics! :p

Eldorado
05-13-2015, 05:36 PM
Don't try to nerf rogues! We know our mechanics! :p

Zeus we are just all players here and dev will always have the final say. As I said I only refer to the descriptions.If it is an an error then they should fix it because its hard playing a game with wrong descriptions. Not all players made a forum account, so the post here will not be as relevant other than devs fixing the issues itself.

Madnex
05-13-2015, 07:44 PM
*watches as chance of game being less about button mashing flies away*

Niixed
05-15-2015, 02:53 AM
*watches as chance of game being less about button mashing flies away*

When my (intentionally) all-legendary rogue with raiding bow can crit with 1000-2000k higher damage than my mostly-mythic mage can crit with elon gun... something is seriously wrong. Rogues are far too OP vs a single target in PvE and PvP. Rogue is probably the most popular class because they have a (clearly!!) unfair advantage over other classes. Aimed Shot and it's screwy mechanics is the only reason for that. The justification for keeping Aimed Shot as is seems shaky at best. At the very least the crit upgrade should *not* be stackable considering the massive advantage having DEX as the primary skill gives Rogues.

Events really burn the Sorcerers and Warriors because they are boss-oriented. You kill a few mobs to get to the boss. Why even bother playing a mage or warrior? Time is of the essence and - let's be honest - even lesser-geared rogues are quicker than most mages. WARRIORSLOLZZZ. These events should be modified so it takes an equal amount of time and effort for each class to achieve victory. Wouldn't that be preferable to Rogues dominating all the damn time?

Again... why even have an "all players" leaderboard if the classes aren't balanced? It's never, ever going to be competitive. and for me it's a constant reminder that as a mage, I'll never be able to compensate for the single target kill advantage rogues have - no matter how much effort or skill I pour into it. Change the All-Player Leaderboard title to "SCREW YOU MAGES AND WARRIORS HAHAHA NOOBS." At least then it would be accurate.