PDA

View Full Version : Some CS suggestions

Lick_the_Toad
04-07-2011, 05:13 PM
It would be nice if the Consignment Shop were changed such that:

When searching/buying only list identical items once. Show the lowest price, and maybe list the next 2-3 prices (don't really need to know who is selling an item). Purchase would get the lowest priced instance of those available with ties going to the oldest listing (have a confirmation dialog to handle someone buying the a cheaper instance first).

When searching/buying an item let me see how it affects my current stats (sort of like equipping).

When selling an item, and I click on my item show the lowest current price or prices (use "---" if no instance is currently for sale). Also show information about the last 3-4 sales (either actual prices or an average price).

azulflame
04-07-2011, 05:25 PM
1) Problem with 1 - what about pinks/gear from FN against LE? the FN gear will cost more, but it will be better. that would be quite an advantage in battle, and could either gain you a few kills or lose you a few kills in pvp

and what about levels? would they be the same level, or different ones?

2) I really want that

3) good

Parasyte
04-07-2011, 05:42 PM
^ Agreed.
1) Doesn't really make to much sense to me. :/
2) Very helpful to some
3) Good

Lick_the_Toad
04-07-2011, 06:50 PM
For the first bullet, I was talking about one entry for identical items. Why do I need to see say 5: green Level 10 Snowball guns (they are interchangeable)? There is a fixed set of items in the consignment shop (and the game for that matter), and many are identical. This would eliminate much of the clutter.

I didn't think I had to explain identical, but "Everything has to be the same" to group the item. It should not actually be that hard, as the items are not actually infinitely variable. An item of level 45 is not the same as an identically named item of level 47 (or any other level).

There always seem to be multiple snow throwers, so look them up. All those with the same name and level are identical. The Pink/Purple versions have different names.

Even if they were all named "Thing X" the differing rarity/quality would be enough to differentiate them. However, it is most likely that internally items are given an integer/enumerated identifier, and they merely keep track of the fact that you own 10 "Weapon 1"s, where "Weapon 1" is say the starting Ursan weapon, "Weapon 2" the starting Archer Weapon... The game maps the enumerated value to a name, image, range, stats etc. for all the items (this would reduce storage requirements significantly).

I would not think this change would actually be overly complicated.

giayuan
04-07-2011, 07:17 PM
1) nah, its like you having a store selling apples, and no matter what the condition, all the cheaper Washington apples are put in the front of the racks
2) YES :D hope this gets implemented soon, many have been begging for this...
3) Even better! Like a graph showing past sales and present prices on it.

Yoshura
04-07-2011, 09:45 PM
2 is a great idea it would help alot of the new players. 3 is good also, seeing an average price so stuff doesn't get overpriced by the rich people who try to control the cs.

Hullukko
04-08-2011, 03:10 AM
1. Absolutely no. Or perhaps it can be made an option, but a hugely important aspects of the price is supply. If you look at cs as a shop only, then I understand your request, but to everyone selling stuff in there it's a market.

2. Would be nice.

3. Nice. But even better would be, in my opinion, if we were able to search past sales just like we can now search items in there.

Lick_the_Toad
04-08-2011, 07:45 PM
@Hullukko
If quantity currently for sale is relevant, then I can see your point. I think this is really more important for pricing an item I wish to sell (3). I guess one could have number available, current low/high/median prices. Would be relevant to 1 and 3, so maybe have the info for both.

I obviously needed to explain (1) better as everyone seems to think I wanted to group different items or items of the same name and different statistics together. That was not my intent, and I would not like that at all. I wanted to group identical items only.

If I could get a 20 oz box of "Fruit Loops" at Kroger, Walmart, Target and Piggly Wiggly. The item (a 20 oz box of "Fruit Loops") is the same regardless where I get it. If the stores have a 32 oz box of "Fruit Loops", a 16 oz box of "Fruit Loops", a 20 oz box of "Sugar Smacks" and/or a 20 oz box/bag "Fruity Os", well none of these items would be identical to the 20 oz box of "Fruit Loops".

BTW I had thought about a 4th suggestion involving the ability to search/sort based on attributes (items with 4 M/s) instead of having to know the "name descriptors" that match up to that quality, but that may complicate the UI. Also not sure about complexity of implementation.